Start by marking “The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc., #1)” as Want to Read:
The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc., #1)

The Matchmaker's Playbook

(Wingmen Inc. #1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  13,392 ratings  ·  1,510 reviews
Wingman rule number one: don’t fall for a client.

After a career-ending accident, former NFL recruit Ian Hunter is back on campus—and he’s ready to get his new game on. As one of the masterminds behind Wingmen, Inc., a successful and secretive word-of-mouth dating service, he’s putting his extensive skills with women to work for the lovelorn. But when Blake Olson requests
Published April 5th 2016 by Skyscape

·  13,392 ratings  ·  1,510 reviews

Start your review of The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc., #1)
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
re-read 3/19/2018

"Men are suckers for long hair. I think it goes back to the early days when cavemen would grab women by the hair and tug them back to their hay beds and make sweet love to them."

➦Who loves romcoms?

➦So, as you have probably guessed this one really hit the spot. I justclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Christy
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

“description”/

The Matchmaker’s Playbook is such a cute read! Ian Hunter is the big man on campus and the mastermind behind Wingmen Inc. He uses his skills to help women get the man they’ve got their eyes set on. Then he meets Blake Olson and everything changes. At first Blake seems impossible. Then he gets to know her, and he’s considering breaking his #1 rule.

I’ll bclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
The
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 STARS

"So who better to teach women how not to get played than an actual player?"

[image error]

This story was a whole lot of fun as it’s told in completely in the all male POV of the hero, Ian Hunter. Ian and his best friend Lex run a word of mouth dating service for woman helping them get the guy of their dreams.

“That’s what Wingmen Inc. is about. What if you could study a playbook for dating? We have rules for every type of relationship scenario, and our process works . Basically, we created a dating version
STARS
Chantal ❤️
2 SEX IS CHEAP STARS
(I am referencing the first half of this book when I write this part of my review)

Doing a buddy read with some friends on Goodreads and upon the reread I remembered why it took me so long to read this book. The first part of this book is just about Ian being a big horrible whore and for no good reason because he was getting it regularly.
I stopped reading this book twice and both times it was because he goes to have random sex with some girl before he meets the heroine. I know they are not in a
Jilly
DN-fucking-F!!!

I tried to read this. I really did. But, the main asshole character was such a horrible person that he gave a whole new meaning to the words: Douchebag Fuckboy.

Ian, welcome to my list.

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Keeping this short

Can always count on a good enjoyable read from RVD =))

I was a bit worried in the beginning with how big of an asshole and full of himself Ian Hunter was but as the story progresses he changes and his priorities take a different path when Blake Olson enters his life. This story was funny, it was sweet, it was innocent, it was believable, and I downright enjoyed it.

Can't wait to get Lex's story next!!
Sabrina
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Re-read 3/4/18

Ian Hunter thought he had his whole future mapped out. Get drafted into the NFL, kick ass on the field, get lots of ladies, and become a football legend. His big plan crashed and burned, though, after an accident ended his career and left him lost in life. He decides to go back to college, and as co-founder of Wingmens Inc., he not only gets to learn but also impart a bit of wisdom on some less fortunate ladies.

Ian and his friend/UK
Re-read
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Hook me Up stars

The Matchmaker’s Playbook is a standalone and is part of the Wingmen Inc. series. Each book focuses on the males that run the company. This book is really funny. If you like the way Rachel Van Dyken wrote the Consequence series you will not be disappointed with this one, it has the same feel, but it’s a completely different story.

Ian was going to play in the NFL, until he got into a car accident. No longer a player, he’s in school and is running his own business with his best friend Lex. Ian is
Bindi Boo
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

Ian Hunter is a get-the-guy-you-want specialist. Set in college, he owns his own side business and arranges meetings with the mousy, non confident girls and gives them tips, lessons & practice on how to snare the guys they desperately want. Involves fake dates, practice kissing, making said guy jealous etc etc. He has a no-dating- the- client rule and only trusts his good friends Lex and Gabi. Until Blake comes into the picture. Yes, she's a tomboy..and needs a massive m
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 89266a4eab4261c69418cb9ceab982_zpszkg7fc6o.gif

photo 88b24a0ca3f27c606e1ab2e3f947b5_zpsxrqkfiyc.gif “In our world? Every woman is beautiful. Every woman has a purpose. Every woman has one guy she’s been after, one unobtainable piece of man art. Just think of the two of us as the brokers. You’re welcome, world.”

RACHEL VAN DYKEN!!!!!! OMG...I AM IN LOVE!!!! Can you he
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
From a NFL Player to Love Guru, Ian Hunter is one of the co-founders of Wingmen Inc. where he helps women build confidence and give advices to them so they'll get the man of their dreams through fake dating. It was a clever secret dating service and most of their clients are through referrals. Ian obeyed their company's rules by not having a relationship with his clients. How long will he followed the rules when Gabi's roommate, Blake Olson, the volleybelle from Idaho, signs up on their dating service? Her clot ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First let me say, I’m 36 and single. So, from the very beginning, I decided I should start taking notes if someone is going to spill the secrets of how to find L.O.V.E! I mean really… Determined not to settle and with no idea what was before me, pen, paper and coffee in hand, I set down the path of learning. Then I spit my coffee all over my Kindle. Well what the HELL, RVD?! If you’re ready to have your abs hurt from laughing so hard, with an element of sweet and saucy love, this is the PERFECT ...more
Jen
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Wingman Stars!

This was my first Rachel Van Dyken book and a perfect one to be introduced to her work. This was a quick, fun read and RVD has a new fan now. I enjoyed that it was told from the male POV.

Ian and Lex are friends and co-workers so to speak. They run Wingmen Inc., which is a private business where they help other quirky, shy college girls get the attention and possibly win the heart of the man of their dreams. There are many rules that the clients have to follow, but their number one rule
Amanda
4.5 'hilarious NA romcom' stars

This is one of those rare book that I started on it, put it off, return to it and end up loving it. Ian Hunter is really testing my patience when I met him in the first chapter. Not only is he a certified whore, he even labelled those mindless girls he banged as 'the stupid ones'. Yeah, never 'the sad ones', he had morals after all. I find that highly offensive and his juvenile crude jokes make me want kick his nuts.

description

So how the hell I move from hating disliking him to loving adoring him in a span of 290 pages? Is so
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Ok, first of all I just gotta say how cool it was to find that this book was a kindle in motion. My only complaint is the actor playing Ian. I wish they had gotten an actor that was actually built like a football player since that was what Ian was.

Now for the actual story, I give it two thumbs up! The banter in this book made it fun and I was completely charmed by Ian despite him being a huge womanizer. The book is in Ian's pov and while I was charmed by him, a lot of his thoughts did make me c
L.A. Casey
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
If you’re looking for a refreshing and unique romantic comedy that will have your sides hurting from laughter, and male characters that leave your heart pounding with anticipation, look no further than The Matchmaker’s Playbook by Rachel Van Dyken.
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}
*****4.5 STARS*****

For the first time in my life, I wanted a girl that wasn’t mine to have. And it sucked.

photo 3fad80b204173372aa2c723af3b27915_zpsi9w85frp.jpg

This was like a modern day twist of the story, Pygmalion. Ian Hunter along with his best bud, Lex, run a secret business called Wingmen, Inc. They provide a sort of dating service to coeds on campus who need extra help in landing the men of their dreams. Their cliSTARS*****
ForAuthor}
*****4.5
Lynsey A
ETA: Just finished reading this for the 2nd time and enjoyed it even more so since I saw the movie. There were so many other cute moments from the book that didn't make it into the movie and I really think they should've. Especially the ending where Ian basically pushes Blake away and towards David. Not so much because she kissed him but because he thought he wasn't worthy of her and David was.

Still a fun book and a cute story. If you don't have Passionflix, you should think about getting it. These movie
bookmarkbelles
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars!

This was a cute, fun, fluffy read filled with lots of laugh out loud moments. Im a HUGE fan of RVD and her books NEVER disappoint me! I have to say, that although this is Ian's and Blake's story, Lex and Gabby stole the show for me. I cant wait to dive into their story. I can guarantee it will be my fave out of these two books. Now im ready for the movie! Bring on Nick Bateman 😍😍
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Freaking awesome!! LOVED it

Review to come...
Na
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

Actually I've come to read The Matchmaker's Playbook because its movie is going to be released on passionflix soon. I guess otherwise I might have missed out on this funny and light read.

The Matchmaker's Playbook is an easy read that keeps your eyes glued to the pages until the very end. It reminds me a little of the movie "She's All That" but with its very own twist and turns. Between all the heavy romance I've read lately it was refreshing reading something lig
Ashleyjo
Apr 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Van D Can Write

Yeah, yeah... I say it every time, but seriously, I have loved Rachel Van Dyken's writing style since I opened the first page of "The Consequences of Loving Colton" & pissed my pants in laughter.

She has this amazing talent for making her stories largely about showing you the whole scene vs telling you what it looks like, and then making the 'telling' parts seem as if the character is talking to you, not at you. I call it interactive writing.

She never fails to deliver the w
Michelle
Loved this book!!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I going to hide in a corner when I say this. But this is the first book that I have read from this author. I 've been meaning to read her for ages and I gutted I havent. This book was so good. I enjoyed it so much. The story was so good. I luvd that it was told from Ian's pov. I really liked him. Ian Hunter is a very sexy and confident guy. Life has been easy for him but he has made the best of his life. He has wo
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

I had to read this before watching the Passionflix movie next week. ☺
And it was cute. Nothing new or mega exciting. Sweet and funny and adorable. It could've been a bit sexier and a bit ... deeper. BUT, I enjoyed reading it. A quick, fun RomCom thingy.
I'm glad I read it before I saw the movie - I so do not see Nick B as Ian. ☺
I really liked Ian and Lex - and I really want to see what Lex and Gabi will be up to in the next book. If I ever find the time!

There was one thing I hated. A hard-limit I have with my books. Whichtime!
There
Robin Hill
Wow. I absolutely loved that and pretty much read it in one sitting. I thought I hated romcom, but it turns out, when PassionFlix makes a movie of a book and casts Nick Bateman in the lead, all bets are off. Refreshing, addictive, and full of angst.

#SWOON 😍😍😍
description

“It sucks. I want to kill David. I want her to hurt just as bad as I hurt. I want the pain in the middle of my chest to alleviate enoughclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
CaRo
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the banter between the two main characters otherwise nothing new but a good read for in between.
Pam Nelson
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: _finished-2016
** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **
** Reviewed Previously for Books n Boys Book Blog **
5 Wingtastic Stars!
I am not kidding this baby is a fantastic read. All the feel good with the laughter you’re used to from Rachel’s books.

This girl can write the heck out of a book and in the males prospective as well. I love it and that’s almost too mild of a term each time I had to put the book down I was sad each time I picked it up I felt like I was reading about friends.
❤Sana❤
⭐⭐⭐⭐ Cocky Ian stars!

descriptionYou like her,” he said. “I also like yogurt. You expect me to stick my penis in that too?”

This book has been sitting on my tbr shelf since forever then I came across Michelle's review and decided to give it a try.

The Matchmaker's Playboy didn't disappoint. It was funny, heartwarming, hot as hell with the amount of cockiness and sass to sweep you out ofclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
You
Julia's Book Haven
Wow I didn't expect to love this one as much as I did. I picked it up on a whim and it just completely captured me right from the start. I loved Ian and Blake, and I'm super excited to read about the supporting characters Gabi and Lex! Really think this is going to be a new favourite series for me.
Siobhan Davis
Rachel Van Dyken is definitely a one-click author for me. I think this is the fifth book I have read by this very talented author and I have loved each and every one. Boy does Rachel know how to write great romantic comedy that is fresh, original, hysterically funny, and chock-a-block full of interesting characters and tons of swoon-worthy scenes.

I thought Ian was a total jackass at the start. Seriously, some of the crap coming out of his mouth made me want to reach into my Kindle an
Turning Pages At ...: The Matchmatker's Playbook by achel Van Dyken 7 18 May 15, 2016 06:16AM

• Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Midnight Blue
  • Driven (Driven, #1)
  • Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1)
  • Hate Notes
  • Fueled (Driven, #2)
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
  • Rebel Heart (Rush Duet, #2)
  • Sex, Not Love
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
  • Bossman
  • Gentleman Nine
  • Crashed (Driven, #3)
  • Dopóki nie zajdzie słońce
  • The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)
  • P.S. I Hate You
  • Dirty Headlines
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

Wingmen Inc. (2 books)
  • The Matchmaker's Replacement (Wingmen Inc., #2)
“It wasn’t that it had been too long without a girl. It was that it’d been a lifetime without the right one.” 11 likes
“Funny how words that are supposed to make people happy kind of make you want to punch a tree like Chuck Norris.” 8 likes