Start by marking “Marvel Zombies” as Want to Read:
Marvel Zombies

Marvel Zombies (Marvel Zombies #3)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  5,003 Ratings  ·  303 Reviews
On an Earth shockingly similar to the Marvel Universe's, an alien virus has mutated all of the world's greatest super heroes into flesh-eating monsters! It took them only hours to destroy life as we know it - but what happens when they run out of humans to eat?
Published August 9th 2006 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Marvel Zombies, please sign up.

Cuchi Its good if you dont take seriously…moreIt´s good if you don´t take seriously(less)
World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
1,478 books — 4,073 voters
Watchmen by Alan MooreThe Complete Maus by Art SpiegelmanPreludes & Nocturnes by Neil GaimanV for Vendetta by Alan MooreBatman by Frank Miller
500 Essential Graphic Novels
826 books — 681 voters

More lists with this book...

Bookdragon Sean
This almost killed me.

It’s just so hilariously funny. Without wanting to sound too indifferent, I don’t laugh a lot. Things rarely make me laugh. It takes a lot to make me truly laugh. This was absolutely delightful. It’s so twisted, so messed up, so brutal, so perfectly ironic and to the point, that I was practically on the floor at some points.

However, the first issue did pain me a little. I have a soft spot for Magneto, blame Sir Ian Mckellen for that. So when I see him being hunted by the
Sam Quixote
Robert Kirkman writes a Marvel version of The Walking Dead with Marvel Zombies, and, like a lot of The Walking Dead, it’s pretty bad!

I like how Kirkman launches straight into it. There’s a little bit of text at the start with some nonsense about how everyone became zombified but it’s basically Marvel hero zombies trying to eat the few survivors from start to finish. They wanna eat Magneto, Silver Surfer and Galactus (Galactus usually hungers – now HE’S the food! Boom… boom…) – yeah, the already
Anne
Our Shallow Buddy Read this week is brought to you by the letter S, because...
Scary Shit Seems Spookier Solo!
Whatever. You're impressed by my witty Sesame Street wordplay.
description

Huh.
So, yeah. It should have been worse.

description

I don't know if this actually counts as horror, but since I'm a teensy bit squeamish when it come to anything truly scary, I decided to go with something a little more...silly.
This hit the spot.
No, I'm not saying this was some kind of an awesome reading experience.
Not an endorsement!
But f
mark monday
Apr 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comikon
in a post-apocalyptic world, a group of friends and allies struck down by a zombie plague manage to rise again and come together to fight an even greater threat to the world - as well as cope with their own constant appetites. of course, the friends and allies in question are a gallery of classic Marvel characters, including Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, Captain America, the Wasp, and Ant-Man.

Robert Kirkman is known for his popular work with zombies in the comic and tv series The Wa
Logan
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
(My original Review from separate edition of this book on Goodreads.)

Good! So I have not read any of Robert Kirkman's books; I watch The Walking Dead and Outcast TV shows but never read any of his comics! So here we have Marvel Zombies an alternate earth where all the heroes have been turned into Zombies and are now eating every human they can find. One thing that makes this zombie story a bit more unique is that this book focuses more on The Zombies perspective and less on the survivors perspec
Sesana
I think I expected this to be mindless fluff, entirely disposable and without any redeeming characteristics. And ok, it kind of is. But it's also a lot better than anything called Marvel Zombies has any right to be.

It's obviously an excuse to see familiar faces in zombie disguise, but shockingly, it would also work nearly as well with entirely original characters. Yes, it's even more amusing that it's Spider-Man who ate his wife and aunt (and feels terrible about it, really) but that scene would
John Wiswell
Aug 14, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Marvel comics fans, horror readers, dark humor readers
Robert Kirkman wrote (and still writes) what may be the best modern zombie story over in The Walking Dead, so Marvel Comics hired him to write about a zombie plague breaking out in their spandex-friendly universe. The result is almost the polar opposite of The Walking Dead. For one thing, it's funny. Very, horribly funny. Funny in a "I'm keeping him for leftovers" way. Funny in a "Spider-Man ate his aunt" way. Funny in the bloodiest, most creative and most shameless ways Kirkman could come up wi ...more
Nicolo Yu
Jul 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: collected-comics
Superheroes! Zombies! Its like chocolate and peanut butter, both taste great individually but together is a whole new experience. I just love Suydam's covers to the individual issues and they have mini gallery in this collection.
Paul
Aug 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic_novels
Author Robert Kirkman follows some of the best zombie fiction in recent memory (The Walking Dead) with a collection from one of the most unexpected venues for a flesh-hungry genre. Collecting upon years of Marvel Comic super-hero references, Kirkman has used some of the superheroes I grew up fascinated by to display the kind of twisted, disgusting, morbid imagination that only a fellow Kentucky comic enthusiast could enjoy.

Ok, so that's not really true...these comics sold out so many times that
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
*Spoilers in the descriptive part of this review*

Who would have thunk that the beloved heroes they grew up with would land in such a bizarre story? I know most children watched on with fascination as Spiderman merrily weaved his web, as Wolverine sharpened his claws, while Captain American shielded the innocent from the depraved, and even while the Incredible Hulk beat his chest in ego. It would have been difficult to imagine then that a story would come along showing the world saviors have plac
Sean Kennedy
Jan 25, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Robert Kirkman may be brilliant elsewhere, but this entire concept was just woeful. Mindless (pun intended) shock value that just reads like bad AU fan fiction.
Craig
Aug 15, 2007 rated it liked it
I like zombies and Marvel's superheroes, and this book could be characterized as a classic Marvel team-up of them. It works better that the X-Men/Star Trek crossover. It's more than a little disturbing and depressing and disquieting and a whole of other words that start with the letter "D," but it accomplishes what it sets out to do. The subtle subtext of Hank Pym biting off The Wasp's head was a bit over the top, but perhaps served to illustrate the foundation of their relationship in the "real ...more
Frans Karlsson
The marvel superheroes are becoming zombies and tries to kill everyone. The face off against both villains and heroes like Magneto, Silver surfer and Galaxtus. They can also evolve and take over powers. I dont know how to classify this one. More comedy than horror.
☣Lynn☣
Entertaining for a few hours but it wasn't what I was expecting to be honest. I was hoping for more scary and gore less humor. Oh well. Reading the next book cause I already got it from the library.
Katherine
Mar 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comicsy
Víte, kdy nastává ten opravdu nejvíc největší problém?

Když se ozve: "Hulkovo jídlo se rozbilo."
Katherine
Interesting concepts in this, and a lot of horror and gore.
Zombieslayer/Alienhunter {another apprentice}
Zombieslayer/Alienhunter's 31 Days of Hallo-reads #5.

It started with a flash in the sky, and a ripple through the clouds. The hunger is what brought it here- and feed it did, until the Marvel Heroes were no more.

They were replaced by soulless monsters, driven only by the insatiable hunger for human flesh.

After they ran out of food, Reed Richards devised a plan to lure his counterpart from another dimension into a deadly trap. Thanks to Magneto, who had managed to stay uninfected, Reed's plan fai
Amy Braun
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was exactly what I wanted it to be: Some of my favourite superheroes being ridiculous zombies against literally anyone they could get their decaying hands on. It was a quick read with great drawings and while there were some twists and some seriousness to the book, for the most part, this was a fun romp in an alternate universe where the gory and completely insane were welcome. I loved it, and the ending was literally to die for. Such a fun read!
Anna (Curiosity comes before Kay)
It was fun, but definitely not my favorite comic ever. I just sat down and read this in Barnes & Noble while I was waiting for my friend. I read the author's note at the beginning and apparently Ralph Macchio, aka the Karate Kid, was the editor for this one. Talk about unexpected connections?! Also, it was an offshoot of a one-shot connected to a larger Fantastic Four story (that I have NOT read). It was fun to see that T'Challa was the only one who'd actually survived (in a "living tissue" ...more
Attila Cthulhuson
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I was surprised to like this. I'm terrified by zombies and not a huge fan of comics with characters already built in another media. Ie I like self-contained comics rather than serials and comics using extant characters, thus saving the author having to build a character. But I knew enough about the characters to dig, and even if I didn't it's still a funny read. Sentient zombies with super powers. Yay. I await the night terrors.

Not a large amount of story, but fun and a decent stand-alone if you
Jim
I think the most disappointing thing about Marvel Zombies is that it follows a three-issue arc from Ultimate Fantastic Four. So you don't get the whole story, and it starts in the middle of the action. All you get is a couple paragraphs of explanation.

Besides that, it was a pretty interesting story arc - completely different than I expected. At first I didn't care for how the zombies were written, but that ended up making them more interesting characters. I probably would've liked it much better
Emmett Spain
Dec 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Feather Mista
Dec 20, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los que no consigan la Deluxe
Recommended to Feather by: Rhockman hace mucho
Leído dentro de la edición Deluxe que incluye las precuelas (el especial y los capítulos de UF4). Casi casi alcanzaría las cuatro estrellitas por sí solo, pero como esta versión queda bastante "incompleta" y, por lo tanto, sin gran parte de la gracia, redondeo para abajo. Pero que conste que sería un 3.5 al menos.
Gustavo
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, marvel
Esta historia fue horripilante, desagradable, ridícula y super divertida. Empecé a leer con recelo, pensando que esta combinación de zombies y superhéroes no podría funcionar nunca, y por suerte me llevé una buena sorpresa al ver que Kirkman no se tomó nada en serio toda esta idea, y se dedicó a divertirse.
Kat Desi
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Don't know if this is not intended as funny, but some scenes made me giggle for some reason. Guess I wasn't able to take this seriously, but I liked the concept overall. The heroes weren't too OOC too so that's a plus. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Verdict: 2.5 stars.
Paul
May 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic, horror, super-hero
I guess these is one of those love it or hate it ones... I thought it was pretty dreadful once you get past the first few pages of laughing as all the Marvel heroes get turned into zombies. The problem for me is that there basically is no story to it...
Ryan Stewart
Jan 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
Not for me... at all. Honestly I don't even get the appeal. I like stories that require braaaaaaaaaains in story telling, not as a food source.
Kevin Fanning
Apr 22, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: single teenage boys
Shelves: apocalypse-lit
Reading this book I understood what it's like to be my mom at the movies. "What? They're zombies? But they talk? And use science? That couldn't happen. Stupid."
Tehanu
or 3.5, not sure yet.

This surprised me!!! It was really funny!
I'm glad I got to read it at this point in my Marvel-ducation, otherwise I don't think I would have appreciate it that much.
Vinny Garcia
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME
Madison Mega-Mara...: #101: Marvel Zombies by Robert Kirkman 1 1 Nov 01, 2013 09:53PM
  • Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness
  • Marvel Zombies 3
  • Marvel Zombies Supreme
  • Captain America, Vol. 1: The New Deal
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four, Volume 6: Frightful
  • The Incredible Hulk: Silent Screams (Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novels Collection)
  • Ghost Rider: Road to Damnation
  • The New Avengers, Volume 2: Sentry
  • Captain America: The Chosen
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: True Believers (Runaways, #4)
  • Nova, Volume 2: Knowhere
  • Zombies Vs. Robots
  • Essential Fantastic Four, Vol. 3
  • Spawn Collection, Vol. 2
  • Civil War: Marvel Universe
More about Robert Kirkman...

Marvel Zombies (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness
  • Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
  • Black Panther: Four The Hard Way (Black Panther)
  • Marvel Zombies 2