Start by marking “Kill Me Twice (Bullet Catcher, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kill Me Twice (Bullet Catcher, #1)

Kill Me Twice (Bullet Catcher #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  3,258 Ratings  ·  135 Reviews
From bestselling author Roxanne St. Claire comes a sensational new novel of dangerous desires, dark deceptions -- and one drop-dead gorgeous bodyguard.
WATCH YOUR BACK

Alex Romero is the hottest "Bullet Catcher" in the business. Tall, dark, and deadly if necessary, this high-priced bodyguard's got the muscle and the moves -- especially when it comes to the ladies. Alex can k
Mass Market Paperback, 337 pages
Published December 26th 2006 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Kill Me Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Me Twice

Alex is The Romance Fox
KILL ME TWICE, is the 1st in Roxanne St. Claire's Bullet Catcher
Series is set in sexy, hot and steamy Miami.

The hero, Alex Romero, sexy, talented, skilled and dangerous bodyguard is hired to protect Jessica Adams, a Miami TV anchorwoman. The heroine, Jazz Adams, Jessica's twin sister and PI has agreed to cover for her sister for a few days.

Her sister missing, Jazz now has rely on the pesky bodyguard to help her discover what has happened to Jessica.

Intrigue, suspense, danger, bad guys..........
AH
3.5 stars...

Kill Me Twice is the first book in Roxanne St. Claire’s Bullet Catcher series. This book introduces Lucy Sharpe’s security firm Bullet Catchers. This elite group of men and women protect hand-picked clients, mostly royalty, heads of state, and the very rich.

Kill Me Twice focuses on Bullet Catcher Alex Romero. Come on, even his name sounds sexy. Alex is tall, dark, handsome, sculpted, drop-dead gorgeous, and a bit of a ladies’ man. Alex disgraced the Bullet Catchers on his last assign
Stephanie
You know how sometimes the first book of a series is just kind of meh because there is so much character development and introduction of future characters. You only just kind of like it, so you rate it three stars. Well that is NOT why this book got a three star rating from me. It got three stars because there was NOT enough character development where the hero was concerned and way too much of the TSTL heroine. Alex had so much promise as a hero. There was so much more I wanted to know about Al ...more
TJ
You know how the term "B movie" is used for all those movies that are just to cheesy, over-the-top or just plain not well acted enough to really be taken seriously, but are sometimes fun to watch just the same? Well, this book would be the perfect example if there were a term like that for books (MAN, I wish there was!) The premise is great, the suspense is good, but the actual experience is a lesson in annoyance and frustration if one is looking for intelligent, believable romantic/suspense. I ...more
Anita
Love this book and Roxanne St. Clair has just been added to my list of must read authors. I started with her backlist and am working my way through. All the books are very good and the Bullet Catchers Series is off to a great start.

How did Alex, bodyguard extraordinaire, find himself in the position of protecting the wrong person? Identical twins, Jasmine and Jessica have switched places. Jasmine is a PI and Jessica is the anchor for a TV station in Miami. Jessica is hot on the heels is a sensat
Shawna
4 stars - Romantic Suspense

Kill Me Twice, the first novel in Roxanne St. Claire's Bullet Catchers series, has an intriguing and fast paced plot, interesting characters, and the right mix of suspense and romance. The sexy, latin alpha male bodyguard hero Alejandro "Alex" Romero and feisty PI heroine Jasmine "Jazz" Adams have steamy chemistry, and the romantic development doesn't distract from the suspense/mystery of the story and vice versa. There are a lot of bodyguard themes in the romantic sus
Paula
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic suspense at its finest. Sizzling chemistry between Alex and Jazz, fast-paced action, hot bodyguards, and hero-to-die-for Alex Romero. I'm looking forward to reading more of the Bullet Catcher books by Roxanne St. Claire.
Crista
This first book in the Bullet Catchers series had sucked me in (hook, line, and sinker)!

I first read Tropical Getaway by this author...it was an OK read but nothing earth shattering. Kill Me Twice is pretty earth shattering. I was rivoted to each page and couldn't wait to see what would happen next! The thing I most appreciated about this book is the perfect balance that St. Claire achieves of romance AND suspence. All to often a Rom/Sus book is weighted to heavily on one or the other. Alex Rom
Kayla
Overall this was a pretty good book. I think this series has a lot of potential. Kill Me Twice reminded me of Cindy Gerard's books; both because of the characters and the plot.

Alex Romero has Cuban ancestry and family ties in Miami, Florida. He's boss, Lucy Sharpe, knows this and has deliberately given Alex an assignment in Miami, as a test. Alex must act as the Bodyguard for Jessica Adams, a rising star in TV journalism.

But there is a catch. When Alex arrives in Miami, Jessica is nowhere to be
Kathrynn
There are few things in life that I know for certain. Death. Taxes. And...

This is the first Bullet Catcher book and I do not believe that this series needs to be read in any order. In fact, the author's website is unclear. She has two sets of "bullet catcher trilogies" and threw in a couple others as anthologies as well.

I've read the first "trilogy" and can say for a fact that they do not need to be read in order. They are related, but with totally different story lines.

I used the publishing dat
Rachel
Sep 19, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
It was okay. I never felt that the lead h/h were ever in any real danger and their 'love' for each other seemed too haste and forced. There was some major lust going on for sure, but I never really felt the love. Even so it was a quick, fun read which is really all I came into this book expecting. I'll definitely give the other books in the series a chance, I just wont rush out to buy them.
Ann (Noumena12)
Apr 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ack! Once again I bought a book I've already read. It probably says something about how much I enjoy the Bulletcatcher series. Of course, it was the only book I had taken to dinner with me. Fortunately, I chose to eat at the restaurant right next door to Half-Price books!

CaroB
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Roxanne St Claire, and likely to be my last. The story was ok, the plot had an interesting twist, but the characters lacked depth and the writing was so-so.
buchverliebt
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nach einigen guten Rezensinen die ich bereits gelesen habe war ich nun doch sehr gespannt was mich im ersten Band der Bullet Catcher Reihe erwarten wird. Ich habe zwar schon Romantic Thrill gelesen, dennoch gefällt mir nicht alles aus diesem Genre und so freut es mich absolut sagen zu können: Dieses Buch ist der Hammer!

Anfänglich hatte ich noch meine Zweifel mit der Namensgebung in diesem Buch, denn die Eineiigen Zwillingsschwestern heißen Jasmine und Jessica. Abgekürze: Jazz und Jess. Klingt fü
Jill Dunlop
Feb 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Kill Me Twice is the first book in Roxanne St. Clare's Bullet Catchers series. Alex Romero works for the elite, covert team as a spy, bodyguard and security specialist. Now, he has to pay the price since he screwed up his last mission. He has been assigned to babysit news anchor Jessica Adams. It's not exactly the assignment of his dreams. Only when he arrives in Miami, it isn't Jessica whom he meets, it is her twin sister Jazz, who immediately gets under his skin. Jazz is pretending to be Jessi ...more
Christa
Feb 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Kill Me Twice is the first of a series of books called "Bullet Catchers." The members of the "Bullet Catchers" are highly specializd bodyguards who work for a female ex-CIA agent. I enjoyed this first book in the series. The plot was rather complicated, which kept me from completely guessing the outcome. The book kept me interested, and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Jasmine Adams has been asked to travel to her twin's home and pretend to be her for several days. Jasmine's twin
Quynh
4 stars

There were two things I took away from this:
1) I want to learn Spanish
2) My teacher should be a sexy Latin man

When Alejandro "Alex" Romero is given an assignment to protect news anchorwoman Jessica Adams from her stalker, he's not too thrilled considering he's highly specialized to be more than just a bodyguard. What he didn't expect was that woman he was assigned to turned out to be her twin sister, Jazz Adams.

PI Jasmine "Jazz" Adams came to Miami with the sole purpose of being her sist
Charlene
First in this author's Bullet Catcher series; Romantic Suspense genre.

3.5 stars, raising to 4*.
Stephanie
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dhasg
Worst most annoying heroine ever!!!!! Plot holes everywhere with a band-aid patch at the end to cover them up but I still read the whole thing because I wanted to know just how many bad guys there really was.
Jazz just about ruined this book for me. First she is unconcerned her sister is missing then when she decides she is in trouble does her darnedest to thwart the efforts of the one guy who is trying to help her. Apparently because she wants to be independent. Um hello a specially trained pro
Mary
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Ms. St.Claire's 'Guardian Angelinos' books and enjoyed them. Several people suggested trying her 'Bullet Catchers' series. I picked up this first book of the series and read it in two days! I couldn't put it down. I really liked Alex and Jazz together. Alex Romero is a very alpha Cuban-American male with a protective streak a mile wide. (Good trait for a bodyguard.) Jazz Adams is a risk taker but turns out to be very strong and courageous. Alex falls in love with her at the same time he w ...more
The One Tree
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to The One by: Tanya
No spoilers.

I truly fell into this book from page one, and enjoyed the ride to the last page. By this I mean that there were no discernable 'yawns' for me as I never got bored reading it. There were no editable distractions either, which for me, was a nice plus. There were also enough twists and false leads to keep me quessing, and I never once found myself thinking about the way the book was written, or how believable or otherwise the plot or characters were.

In short, I loved it.

What I didn't
Carrie
A plot twist right at the end redeemed the book somewhat, but I still felt the plot line was a tired one. The writing was a little overly dramatic, as well, and there were two or three big information dumps including two "bad-guy soliloquies" that were unfortunate. Lastly, I didn't like Lucy, who seems likely to be a major player in future books. I really don't want to read about another "cool, crisp, put-together, in control" female lead who resembles a cold fish. I'll have to see if she gets h ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Bullet Catcher series by Roxanne St. Claire. Alex Romero is a member of the Bullet Catchers, a group of elite bodyguards. He is sent to guard Jessica Adams but her twin sister, Jasmine, ends up posing as her. I enjoyed it. It had the right blend of romance and suspense and mystery that I like. On to the next...
Lisa
Oct 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Amazingly good. Took me a bit to really get into it but i've been reading a different style of book before this and this is the first in the series so you have to figure out what's going on first. Lots of plot twists and action. I didn't figure out who the real bad guy was til the end. Good read!
Emily
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a one-day read for me, could not put it down. I loved the banter and chemistry between the hero and heroine, and I honestly wasn't sure who the real bad guy was until the very end. Solid read, Roxanne St. Claire knows how to write romantic suspense just how I like it :).
Pamela
Jul 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the whole series & hope it continues...
Ruth
Apr 17, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good. interesting liked Alex. Icky characters were icky
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
This was a decent read. Pleasant is a good way to describe it. I'll read a second!
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
  • Crazy Hot (Steele Street, #1)
  • Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6)
  • No Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #4)
  • No Regrets (Delta Force, #1)
  • What You Can't See (Bullet Catcher, #3.5; Seven Deadly Sins, #.5)
  • Lie With Me (Shadow Force, #1)
  • Deadly Intent (Mindhunters, #4)
I don’t know about you, but when I check out an author's bio, it’s usually because I’ve read a book I liked and wondered about the person behind it. Let's skip the formal bio and I'll give you the inside scoop on who Roxanne St. Claire really is.

First of all, call me Rocki. Everyone does. Evidently, when my mother brought me home from the hospital I seemed too scrawny and small to pull off “Roxan
More about Roxanne St. Claire...

Bullet Catcher (8 books)
  • Thrill Me to Death (Bullet Catcher, #2)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • First You Run (Bullet Catcher, #4)
  • Then You Hide (Bullet Catcher, #5)
  • Now You Die (Bullet Catcher, #6)
  • Hunt Her Down (Bullet Catcher, #7)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
  • Through the Smoke