Start by marking “Diary Of A Mad Mother To Be” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Diary Of A Mad Mother ...

Laura Wolf

Diary Of A Mad Mother To Be

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  2,614 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
Baby or Bust!

Published (first published January 1st 2003)

Kelli
Jan 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think that I could laugh more than I did with "Mad Bride", but this book surpassed it for me. I just could not stop laughing and I had to stop reading in so many various areas in the book to wipe my eyes and catch my breath. It was a great, light, funny read and I read it in one day. I could not put this down.
Mike Hoffman
Jun 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Terrific book for the genre! It wasn't all about "being pregnant" and wasn't all of the shiny happy preggo moments most people deal with. it was the truth! And I repect her for telling it! Its a decent book for a father to be to read to catch a glimpse into the mind of his pregnant wife. I will never get to experience that, but at least I know a little of a few different people's perspectives.
Stephanie
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy Thomas is back and this time she is more neurotic than ever! Two years after her 'mad bride' scenario, she embarks on a new career at a below par public relations firm and discovers that after the stick turns blue, life becomes a rollercoaster of emotional hilarities.

You will laugh till you cry as Amy's neurosis increases day by day. From her 60+ "Things to Do" list which includes such tasks as "creating will" and "building college fund" to the humorous "Things No One Tells You About Pregnan
Putri
May 25, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This is the sequel book after the diary of a mad bride to be.
I happened to read this book first then the mad bride.
Yes, it;s indeed funny eventhough I haven't gone trough what she has, somehow I could feel her madness as well and laughed my butt off.
Anyhow, this is a very light yet funny story, whether this book could help pregnant ladies to put a smile on their face, that I dont know.
But at least it could make a non-pregnant woman like me laugh.
Sandra
Funny humor talking about being pregnant for 10 months and making a shopping list of all the things that are "no-nos" (like no hot tub) during pregnancy.

I love the birth plan that states she wants it: "short & painless."
If you have seen the doctors plan out a birth plan with the new mom---they are never this simple. :)

funny!

Celestial
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. The character struggles through her pregnancy with lots of interesting characters in tow. Favorite character in the book was Grandma "Sessy" because she reminds me so much of an old person I know. A good book to make you laugh out loud at the mom-to-be's craziness and her love of lists.....many lists.
Brenda
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laugh-out-loud
“Diary of a Mad Mom-to-Be” by Laura Wolf follows Amy after her wedding in “Diary of a Mad Bride”. Amy is still as hilarious as ever now that she’s expecting a baby. I found “expecting” Amy to be much more enjoyable than “bride” Amy and found myself laughing out loud throughout the book.
Stacy Juba
Jan 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like this author's voice. Her humor makes me smile and the pregnancy scenes are very realistic. I need to go back and read the author's previous book, about the character's wedding. A fun chick lit read.
Ashley
May 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, 2010
I want to give this book a 3.5. I read it quickly and really enjoyed it, but the characters weren't developed and I think somethings came out of nowhere, but as a pregnant for the first time girl I loved the main characters feelings and bluntness about pregnancy.
Nlaramee82
Aug 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book with both of my pregnancies and loved it. It was a great break from all the non-fiction pregnancy books, that let's face it, can sometimes be terrifying to read while pregnant. It was an easy read, that at that point in time, I could totally relate to and laugh out loud at.
Oct 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite an enjoyable book! I learned quite a bit about being pregnant, which I find endlessly fascinating, and I love that it was presented in a humourous way. Plus I am also a "to do" list person so I totally understand :)
Amanda
Jul 22, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So funny and easy to read!
Shelly
Jul 18, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
easy, fast, cute book
Feb 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
extremely funny!
Lisa
Dec 27, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book! Quick, easy ready, great for any first time moms out there. It's been on my list for awhile (obviously), just finally got around to reading it.
Ivy
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a guy, I thoroughly enjoyed this book because of it's great writing style, introspections, and storyline. Recommended.
Molly
Jun 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I laughed out loud throughout.
Cj
Oct 03, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
for when i need fluff before going to bed of a late study session, i read a bit of this one.... cute. very NY author...
Melaglr
Dec 30, 2008 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The next book I read, promise.
Taryn Spearey
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was an amazing book. Amy isn't sure as to whether or not she wants a baby. She finally realizes that she does, and tries to convince her husband.

Amy becomes pregnant, and with that comes a long list of things to get prepared. As she goes through this list, she encounters a lot of obstacles: A best friend who wants a baby, but doesn't want to get married, a grandmother who insists on the baby being named after her, and a guy trying to be there for Amy ( he isn't her husband.)

Amy's baby is bo
Kittenlittle
เรืองนีกเปนแนว chick-lit ทีอานไปเหมือนฟังนางเอกบนไป เปนแนวไดอารีตังแตกอนทองจนคลอด ซึงบันทึกเรืองราววุนๆ ทีเกิดขึนในชวงเวลานัน ไมไดมีโครงเรืองเทาไหร อานไดเรือยๆ คะ ...more
Melissa
When last seen, Amy Thomas, the mad bride-to-be, was working her way through her 70-item to-do list, trying to keep chicken off the reception menu, and vowing never to change her name. Now Amy Thomas Stewart is a newlywed and a career woman, and becoming a mom is the last thing on her to-do list. So why is Amy obsessing about baby clothes and ogling pregnant women on the street?

Laura Wolf is amazing; she truly is. Every time I read either Diary of a Mad Bride-to-be or Diary of a Mad Mother-to-b
Ferina
Jul 12, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
Di awal-awal pernikahannya, pasangan Amy dan Stephen memutuskan untuk tidak mempunyai anak. Kata Amy, anak-anak itu berisik, rewel dan tidak tahu aturan. Tapi, jam biologis yang terus berdetak, membuat Amy berpikir. Usianya sudah kepala 3, bisa-bisa jika suatu saat dia memutuskan untuk punya anak, anaknya mungkin tidak akan mengenal orang tuanya apalagi kakek-neneknya.

Maka mulailah program baru Amy yaitu hamil. Dan ketika akhirnya Amy pun hamil, kembali Amy membuat daftar yang dibutuhkan untuk m
Ciara
Oct 10, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who find a copy laying at a bus stop
all i remember about this book is that the protaganist is preggers. as with the overwhelming majority of chick lit that features a pregnant main character, i often wanted to rip my hair out & claw at my eyes as she inevitably frets over the pregnancy making her too "fat" to wear designer clothes, & yet she totters around on stilettos anyway until the day her water breaks, & she demands lots of pain medication & generally gets really psyched about shopping for baby stuff more than ...more
Rebecca
Jun 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
I enjoyed the previous book by this author and this was a follow up, which I didn’t know existed, so when I saw it, I immediately picked it up. As usual, I like the first one better, but this one was okay too. Half the book was taken up with pointless lists that just repeated them selves, with more stuff just crossed out and it was written in diary format, so it was super easy to breeze through and also read during commercials on TV, which is always a plus for me. Gee, I wonder what this book is ...more
Irene J.
Mumpung lagi hamil juga, wiken kemarin gue beli buku ini. Bacanya cuma butuh waktu 2 hari aja.. karena ga ribet2 banget bukunya. Sebenernya pas kapan gue udah kepengin beli buku ini, karena perkiraan gue ini buku pasti lucu. Dan ternyata bener, emang lucu hehe...

Tokohnya Amy Thomas Stewart, umurnya ya segue lah (bedanya gue lagi hamil anak kedua aja hehehe..).. Di tengah depresinya dia nyari kerja, terus akhirnya dapet juga, dia tiba2 aja pengin punya anak. Dengan segala macem cara akhirnya dia
Candy Boisvert
Jun 19, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mothers to be
Recommended to Candy by: No one
Title: Diary of a mad mother to be
Author: Laura Wolf