Start by marking “Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)

Midnight

(Warriors: The New Prophecy #1)

Darkness, air, water, and sky will come together...

The wild cats of the forest have lived in peace and harmony for many moons but a doom that will change everything is coming. Strange messages from their warrior ancestors speak of terrifying new prophecies, danger, and a mysterious destiny.

All the signs point to young warrior Brambleclaw as the cat with the fate of

Published April 4th 2006 by HarperCollins (first published May 10th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight, please sign up.
Jojo I don't think 7-year-olds would be mature enough to read the books. The first time I actually took a quick glance into the book was when i was 8, and…moreI don't think 7-year-olds would be mature enough to read the books. The first time I actually took a quick glance into the book was when i was 8, and I found it hard to understand the vocabulary, and the type of "style" in which I mean the 'paws, 'stars, and 'kits. I also think that they wouldn't understand that the series isn't just some fun fantasy. It also includes death and violence, which I don't quite think is allowed to be shown to small kids.(less)
Isabella Katniss Bluestar Tris Well, I gave ALL the warrior cats books 5 STARS so yeah. It is REALLY REALLY good! It is the continue of the Original Series ( The first Prophecy, or,…moreWell, I gave ALL the warrior cats books 5 STARS so yeah. It is REALLY REALLY good! It is the continue of the Original Series ( The first Prophecy, or, as many people say the continue of the super edition Firestar's Quest but u don't have to read Firestar's Quest first.
It worths every single nanosecond of reading this, trust me.(less)

Natalie
Jun 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I love the warriors series. But in this one absolutely NOTHING HAPPENED!
It was just like..
(sing to the tune of "Follow the Leader")
"WE'RE GOING ON A JOURNEY,A JOURNEY,A JOURNEY
WE'RE GOING ON A JOURNEY, OR ELSE OUR CLANS WILL DIE!"
and even thought they all new the clans were in trouble, the six cats on the journey were in no apparent hurry to get home.

Well ok, something did happen.
They found midnight.
thats it...:)

My favorite charac
haley
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm currently re-reading the entire series so I can write new, updated reviews.

So note that this review is for ALL of the New Prophecy books (Midnight-Alrighty! I finally re-read all the New Prophecy books, with the exception of Moonrise as I don't own a copy and was too lazy to go to the library.
I'm currently re-reading the entire series so I can write new, updated reviews.

So note that this review is for ALL of the New Prophecy books (Midnight-Sunset). Also, another thing. Names change throughout the series as the cats grow up (a sort of Rite of Passage). For the sake of simplicity, I will refer to characters with the names they have in the first book. So Squirrelpaw/Squirrelflight will be Squirrelpaw.

Overall, the six books that make up the Warriors: New Prophecy sub-series are excellent. They definitely don't beat the original six, but certainly are worthy of being part of the Warriors saga.

What I liked:
1. Brambleclaw. Throughout all the New Prophecy books, I always felt that I could sympathize with him. He's got a lot of responsibility for someone his age (he's a cat so I'm not certain of his age. But I'm guessing that if he was human, he'd be 17-18 years old). But he handles it well. He has a good soul but he also struggles with the temptation of being like his power-hungry father, Tigerclaw. And this makes him more complex as a character. He makes mistakes, but learns from them too. The whole time I felt all his emotions. I was angry when something bad happened to him, I cheered when he was happy and overall, I just feel like he's a character one can really cheer for and support.

2. Although originally, I (view spoiler), now I appreciate it. The storyline would have grown boring without it.

3. The plot-line throughout the whole sub-series is interesting. It doesn't seem contrived, it doesn't seem unrealistic. Although the later three books (Starlight, Twilight and Sunset) are about (view spoiler) (which I actually found fascinating but perhaps not everyone will), the first three books (Midnight, Moonrise and Dawn) are full of action and adventure.

Although I am a huge fan of the Warriors saga overall, I can see its faults and don't love everything about it. Here's what I had problems with in the New Prophecy books:
1. Insta-love. Holy crap, the Erins do love their forbidden romances. Yellowfang and Raggedstar. Bluestar and Oakheart. Graystripe and Silverstream. Tigerheart and Dovewing (in the Omen of the Stars books). In the New Prophecy books, we have (view spoiler). I just don't see the attraction. She is a sweet, if naive at times, little thing while he is just so bitter. He's not really annoying (although I hated him at first), but he's just so different from her I don't see how it ever happened. Not to mention he was in love with another cat first.

2. A love triangle. These books have insta-love AND a love triangle, both of which I hate? And it still got four stars? How?? Because I love the Warriors saga too dang much. These things only apply to Twilight and Sunset anyways. Anyway, the love triangle is fought over a female character that I hate so I have to wonder how she got two intelligent and decent guy cats fighting for her. Rejection also turns one cat into an ass, and why, why, why did that have to happen? (view spoiler)

3. Squirrelpaw. This little bitch needs a slap. And a hard one. So at first, she was only a minor nuisance. Course I will claw- geez, I'm talking like the warriors now- anyone who disagrees with my Brambleclaw, who I have a sort of crush on (I know, it's sort of messed up cause he's a cat). So maybe that's why I didn't like her, because she was always picking fights with Brambleclaw. But on the journey, she proves her worth with her strength, her loyalty and her bravery. In Dawn, I definitely respected her a bit, just a bit more.
Then Starlight happened. And she got extremely possessive over Brambleclaw, which made me start to hate her. You see, Squirrelpaw was convinced that Hawkfrost, who is Brambleclaw's half-brother, cannot be trusted and he's just like their evil dad Tigerclaw. Even though there's absolutely no evidence for this except for her and her sister Leafpaw's gut feelings. Squirrelpaw constantly judges Hawkfrost. Brambleclaw, who is interested in having a relationship with his kin, also faces Squirrelpaw's judgement and anger because she feels that because Hawkfrost is untrustworthy, then Brambleclaw is untrustworthy too just because he spends time with Hawkfrost (I know, it's a lot of angst and drama).And it pissed me off beacuse hey, Squirrelpaw, you have no right ot tell him who he can and cannot be friends with. Brambleclaw is an adult and can take care of himself. What irks me even more was that (view spoiler). And then Brambleclaw just goes crawling back to her. I just feel he deserves more, someone better than her.

And that's really it. Trust me, the good does outweigh the bad, so I do highly recommend this for Warriors fans. You may not be bothered by what bothered me. Overall an excellent series of books. Happy reading!

***************************************************************************************************************************************************
Because there are so MANY books in the Warriors saga, here is the list (in order) of all the books in the main arc. This does not include the Dawn of the Clans books, or the Super Editions (which can be read independently of the main books.
Also, please note that you can stop reading after the sixth book in each sub-series and you won't miss anything
Order of Books:
Warriors: New Prophecy 3: Dawn
Warriors: New Prophecy 4: Starlight
Warriors: New Prophecy 5: Twilight
Warriors: New Prophecy 6: Sunset
(Warriors: Power of Three)
Warriors: Power of Three 1: The Sight
Warriors: Power of Three 2: Dark River
Warriors: Power of Three 3: Outcast
Warriors: Power of Three 4: Eclipse
Warriors: Power of Three 5: Long Shadows
Warriors: Power of Three 6: Sunrise
(Warriors: Omen of the Stars)
Warriors: Omen of the Stars 1: The Fourth Apprentice
Warriors: Omen of the Stars 2: Fading Echoes
Warriors: Omen of the Stars 3: Night whispers
Warriors: Omen of the Stars 4: Sign of the Moon
Warriors: Omen of the Stars 5: The Forgotten Warrior
Warriors: Omen of the Stars 6: The Last Hope

Emily
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I cried for a really long time when I realized this new series was no longer in firestar's pov. Middle school me was devastated
Elin (Tickmicks bokblogg)
4,5 stars
Ariel
Aug 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
Re-reading this reminds me why this is my least favorite of the Warriors series.

I hate Squirrelpaw. If there were at least some legitimate reason why she was a jerk the whole time then I could at least tolerate her, but there is absolutely no reason for her behavior. I'm sorry if I can't relate or sympathize with a character who yells at everyone for no reason, has no respect for anyone, constantly talks backs, and gets herself into dangerous situations after being warned and then ac
Deborah Pickstone
The start of the second series. A new prophecy seems to be leading the cats out of the forest as it is about to be destroyed by humans. New set of POVs with younger cats taking the limelight. Remains very readable.
Kirsti
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I felt like this book was set to be a bit of a letdown; after the ending to the first Warriors series, I really don't see how anything could compare. This definitely felt like an introduction, but still kept some of the same aspects and situations as the first series so as not to scare long time readers. There are also more 'travel' scenes, reminiscent of all the camping that goes on in 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'. You know they're all headed towards something, and you can't wait to g ...more
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
3.5/5

Okay, this one didn't quite have the magic that the first series held for me. But I still enjoyed stepping back into the world of the cat Clans just the same!

Compared to the first series, this book was rather slow. In fact, nothing really happened. There was a lot of talk about prophecy, a lot of traveling, and not much action. There were only a few scenes where the cats were in any danger. I think the bar was set too high by the last series, which delivered tons of action, harrowing dang
Aurora Dimitre
This was the first warrior cat book I ever read, and it's kind of amazing that I got as into this as I did, because while this is a good, necessary book that not only sets up the rest of this series but the rest of the series after this one, it is s l o w. But I'm pumped to keep going--and tbh, little Brambleclaw, tiny aggressive Crowpaw , and also Jesus-lover-Feathertail... good times.
Hunter K
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Summary
Warriors is a series that is very exciting and adventurous. This book is about how six cats go on a journey to find midnight. They meet Purdy, a kitty pet who makes him their guide on their journey. He tries to lead them in the direction of the sea but gets lost. Then when they’re in the up walkers territory they get ambushed by rats and Tawnypelt gets injured bad.

Main characters
Tawnypelt- strong from shadow clan.
Brambleclaw- big powerful tabby from thunder clan.
Stormfur- g
Jack
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
The New Prophecy - and probably all the other series - isn't as good as the original, in my opinion. I still LOVE the books, but if I'm comparing them, the original is the best, and probably always will be. I still found this book really interesting and I really got into it in the second half. I love the balance between dialogue and description and that makes it good fr all ages. You really get to know most characters and really feel for them and know what they're feeling. I find it really easy ...more
Aoife
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ALL WARRIOR CAT FANS!! Read the first series first :)
EPIC! Yeah, it's time to follow the next generation of warriors! This is the first book of the 2nd arc, The New Prophecy, WARRIORS. Several peaceful moons (6 months) have passed since the last book - The Darkest Hour. Lot's of exciting stuff happens and we learn a lot, as new characters come into this series. It may be strange to have new main characters at first but you quickly get to love them just as much as Firestar and Graystripe. The book alternated between different viewpoints which is go ...more
Mary
Jun 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites, own
Hmmmmmmmm..... New main character, and what's this???? Switching off from other cats views?? Wow. Having this been the first time reading a book where different chapters had different view points from different characters, it was a little much to comprehend. However, it was a good read, with a new plot, and later in the future revealing that the next series would come together to make the best plot eva!!!
Olivia
Jan 31, 2017 added it
this book is really good because i'm he kind of person who loves books about animals. This book has lots of adventure in it it's really really good. It makes you want to keep on reading and reading forever.
Amy
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I realy wanted to enjoy this book but sadly I didnt. It was a bit to childish for me now and I found it that boring that I couldnt put myself threw finishing it (i didnt even make half way)
If I was you I wouldnt read it! Thanks for reading! :)
Sara Jones
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! it was a good book with great new and old characters from the old series. Quite interesting as well.
Muzhen Guy
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Abby Shaffer
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Littlebookterror
This book so good I am honestly surprised.
The characters actually have personalities, there is measurable growth with all of them, newly formed connection and an interesting new plot.
(view spoiler) ...more
GuineaPigFalconer
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I finished this book super quickly, in only a few days. It was nice to get back into the shorter Warriors series books after reading several super editions. This book starts off the second series, and I was quickly swept up into the new trouble facing the clan cats. The plot was fast-paced, the characters were good and grew throughout the book, and I look forward to getting further into this second Warriors series!
Angela
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good ending
Daylen Prather
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is is a good book
Parker the Llama
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adventure is on almost every page!! This book is only a little sad, and very happy. It's filled with adventure and i always want to know what happens. I want to give this book a million stars!
Alex Richey
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
A slow but necessary start. I have a few ideas of where the plot will go, and none of it will be easy!
Tennille Wilton
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good, just like the previous series! This first book opens the second series very well and leaves one wanting more!
Rogue
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was is a great start to the next step in the series, but it still doesn't change the fact that I know what is going to happen.
Historyprincess
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
Hilma Ledstam
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good
Kiki
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
It book is talk about four cats each from different clan. And leader said they should find the “Midnight”, and save they’re clan. Finally they found “Midnight”, the “Midnight”is a badger. I like this book is because Let me feel I can learn many things from cats, respect the forest.
Rael
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think the theme of this book was to never give up. I say that for most of the books i read, but this one i know that is the theme. it was by luck that they were able to complete the mission that they had to do. I'm talking about the cats when I say they. They are all very strong, courageous, and loyal. that is why they succeeded (plus that little bit of luck). they pushed through to the end, that is why the theme of this book is never give up.
Do you like this Warriors books better than the others? 16 32 Sep 04, 2019 07:04PM
Who is your favorite character? 25 48 Nov 07, 2018 06:01PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Warriors: The New Prophecy Series by Erin Hunter - Starting December 26th 2017 6 23 Dec 27, 2017 12:35PM
Goodreads Librari...: Warriors missing cover 3 20 Jan 26, 2016 06:08PM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Midnight [#1] 22 22 Jan 21, 2016 03:47PM

• The Siege (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #4)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Grand Escape (Cat Pack #1)
  • Sword Quest (Swordbird, #0)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Mare in the Meadow (Animal Ark, #31)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As well as having a great respect f

Warriors: The New Prophecy (6 books)
  • Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)
  • Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)
  • Starlight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #4)
  • Twilight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #5)
  • Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #6)
“Yes, O Great One, I shall do as you command. Then when we come back empty-pawed, you'll admit I was right."
- Squirrelflight to Brambleclaw”
106 likes