Start by marking “Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)

Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy #1)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  28,337 Ratings  ·  846 Reviews

Darkness, air, water, and sky will come together...

The wild cats of the forest have lived in peace and harmony for many moons but a doom that will change everything is coming. Strange messages from their warrior ancestors speak of terrifying new prophecies, danger, and a mysterious destiny.

All the signs point to young warrior Brambleclaw as the cat with the fate of

Published April 4th 2006 by HarperCollins (first published May 10th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight, please sign up.
Jojo I don't think 7-year-olds would be mature enough to read the books. The first time I actually took a quick glance into the book was when i was 8, and…moreI don't think 7-year-olds would be mature enough to read the books. The first time I actually took a quick glance into the book was when i was 8, and I found it hard to understand the vocabulary, and the type of "style" in which I mean the 'paws, 'stars, and 'kits. I also think that they wouldn't understand that the series isn't just some fun fantasy. It also includes death and violence, which I don't quite think is allowed to be shown to small kids.(less)
Isabella Katniss Bluestar Tris Well, I gave ALL the warrior cats books 5 STARS so yeah. It is REALLY REALLY good! It is the continue of the Original Series ( The first Prophecy, or,…moreWell, I gave ALL the warrior cats books 5 STARS so yeah. It is REALLY REALLY good! It is the continue of the Original Series ( The first Prophecy, or, as many people say the continue of the super edition Firestar's Quest but u don't have to read Firestar's Quest first.
It worths every single nanosecond of reading this, trust me.(less)

Meljean Brook
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: daughter-reviews
Meljean's note: This is my 9-year-old daughter's review of this book. We're kind of hard-ass parents, so we're making her write book reviews during the summer (when we let her take a break from math). She's apparently already better at reviewing than I am. :-/

1. Which book did you read?

I read Warriors: The New Prophecy: Midnight

2. Why did you choose this book?

I chose it because all the warrior books that I read in the previous series were very interesting and I wanted to keep reading the books
haley
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Alrighty! I finally re-read all the New Prophecy books, with the exception of Moonrise as I don't own a copy and was too lazy to go to the library.
I'm currently re-reading the entire series so I can write new, updated reviews.

So note that this review is for ALL of the New Prophecy books (Midnight-Sunset). Also, another thing. Names change throughout the series as the cats grow up (a sort of Rite of Passage). For the sake of simplicity, I will refer to characters with the names they have in the f
Natalie
Jun 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I love the warriors series. But in this one absolutely NOTHING HAPPENED!
It was just like..
(sing to the tune of "Follow the Leader")
"WE'RE GOING ON A JOURNEY,A JOURNEY,A JOURNEY
WE'RE GOING ON A JOURNEY, OR ELSE OUR CLANS WILL DIE!"
and even thought they all new the clans were in trouble, the six cats on the journey were in no apparent hurry to get home.

Well ok, something did happen.
They found midnight.
thats it...:)

My favorite character in this book was Squirrelpaw. She kinda reminded me of the ann
Emily
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I cried for a really long time when I realized this new series was no longer in firestar's pov. Middle school me was devastated
Elin (Tickmicks bokblogg)
4,5 stars
Deborah Pickstone
The start of the second series. A new prophecy seems to be leading the cats out of the forest as it is about to be destroyed by humans. New set of POVs with younger cats taking the limelight. Remains very readable.
Kirsti
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I felt like this book was set to be a bit of a letdown; after the ending to the first Warriors series, I really don't see how anything could compare. This definitely felt like an introduction, but still kept some of the same aspects and situations as the first series so as not to scare long time readers. There are also more 'travel' scenes, reminiscent of all the camping that goes on in 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'. You know they're all headed towards something, and you can't wait to g ...more
~♥~ happinesslife

Este libro me daba un poco de cosilla por si fuera demasiado infantil para mí, pero la verdad es que la historia engancha y se lee en seguida, el libro es muy fácil de leer y nos adentramos en los clanes junto a los gatos mientras cazan y resuelven sus disputas.
El libro es bastante introductorio, podemos conocer a gatos del Clan del trueno y del río , mientras que los otros clanes quedan un poco relegados.
Me ha gustado mucho la personalidad de Zarzoso y E
Ariel
Aug 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
Re-reading this reminds me why this is my least favorite of the Warriors series.

I hate Squirrelpaw. If there were at least some legitimate reason why she was a jerk the whole time then I could at least tolerate her, but there is absolutely no reason for her behavior. I'm sorry if I can't relate or sympathize with a character who yells at everyone for no reason, has no respect for anyone, constantly talks backs, and gets herself into dangerous situations after being warned and then acts like it's
Nalle
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reto-2017
Estos libros tienen la habilidad de engancharme sin que me de cuenta, cuando menos lo espero ya voy a más de la mitad. Ahora me arrepiento de no haberlo leído antes.Al inicio fue complicado por los personajes nuevos y el cambio de voces protagonistas, pero Zarzoso, Hojarasca, Esquirolina y hasta Puma se metieron ya en mi morado corazón igual que lo hicieron Látigo Gris, Carbonilla y Estrella de Fuego en su momento.
El libro puede sentirse lento porque nos cuenta como cuatro gatos, uno de cada cla
Aurora Dimitre
This was the first warrior cat book I ever read, and it's kind of amazing that I got as into this as I did, because while this is a good, necessary book that not only sets up the rest of this series but the rest of the series after this one, it is s l o w. But I'm pumped to keep going--and tbh, little Brambleclaw, tiny aggressive Crowpaw , and also Jesus-lover-Feathertail... good times.
Hunter K
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Summary
Warriors is a series that is very exciting and adventurous. This book is about how six cats go on a journey to find midnight. They meet Purdy, a kitty pet who makes him their guide on their journey. He tries to lead them in the direction of the sea but gets lost. Then when they’re in the up walkers territory they get ambushed by rats and Tawnypelt gets injured bad.

Main characters
Tawnypelt- strong from shadow clan.
Brambleclaw- big powerful tabby from thunder clan.
Stormfur- gray graystri
Sheryl
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have only read the first 3 books of this series due to that fact that I didn't have the money to get the rest of the books. Soon I'll be starting up again.
Like for my reveiw for the 1st book of the original Warriors series, I'm going to bundle my reveiw to those I've read into one. I love this series so far, only a tiny bit less than the orginal Warriors. If I could have given this 4.5 stars I would have.

This book still focuses on Thunderclan but now it focuses on not Firestar, but his forme
Jack
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
The New Prophecy - and probably all the other series - isn't as good as the original, in my opinion. I still LOVE the books, but if I'm comparing them, the original is the best, and probably always will be. I still found this book really interesting and I really got into it in the second half. I love the balance between dialogue and description and that makes it good fr all ages. You really get to know most characters and really feel for them and know what they're feeling. I find it really easy ...more
Aoife
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ALL WARRIOR CAT FANS!! Read the first series first :)
EPIC! Yeah, it's time to follow the next generation of warriors! This is the first book of the 2nd arc, The New Prophecy, WARRIORS. Several peaceful moons (6 months) have passed since the last book - The Darkest Hour. Lot's of exciting stuff happens and we learn a lot, as new characters come into this series. It may be strange to have new main characters at first but you quickly get to love them just as much as Firestar and Graystripe. The book alternated between different viewpoints which is go ...more
Alexz Méndez
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creo que una idea general de lo que va el libro ya se encuentra en la sinopsis por eso mejor dejaré unas opiniones. Este primer libro de la segunda saga me tenía nerviosa y emocionada por lo perfecta que es la primera saga. Me va gustado casi tanto como la anterior y se puede comenzar a leer sin leer la primera porque explican lo necesario. Los personajes que más me gustaron son la gata Esquirolina y en solitario Puma. Casi al final el libro se vuelve algo lento y tedioso, honestamente ahí pensé ...more
Mary
Jun 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites, own
Hmmmmmmmm..... New main character, and what's this???? Switching off from other cats views?? Wow. Having this been the first time reading a book where different chapters had different view points from different characters, it was a little much to comprehend. However, it was a good read, with a new plot, and later in the future revealing that the next series would come together to make the best plot eva!!!
Danny Phanton
Reseña completa en mi blog: La cueva de Danny.

Entretenido, muy introductorio y que le falto mucha acción que espero, con ese final, que el siguiente este mucho mejor que este porque este simplemente es muy lento.
Amy
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I realy wanted to enjoy this book but sadly I didnt. It was a bit to childish for me now and I found it that boring that I couldnt put myself threw finishing it (i didnt even make half way)
If I was you I wouldnt read it! Thanks for reading! :)
Olivia
Jan 31, 2017 added it
this book is really good because i'm he kind of person who loves books about animals. This book has lots of adventure in it it's really really good. It makes you want to keep on reading and reading forever.
Sara Jones
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! it was a good book with great new and old characters from the old series. Quite interesting as well.
Paola
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inizia una nuova avventura per i gatti dei Clan della foresta, StarClan annuncia un gravissimo pericolo e manda un gruppo di valorosi guerrieri in missione. Stavolta però il protagonista non è il mio amatissimo Firestar, ormai leader del suo clan, ma i guerrieri più giovani tra i quali una delle sue figlie: nonostante questo non sento la mancanza dei vecchi personaggi perché Erin Hunter (pseudonimo sotto cui lavorano 5 scrittori) riesce anche stavolta a creare una storia avvincente e plausibile. ...more
Kleinerrotfuchs
Dec 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Das war richtig langweilig.
Erstmal ist sehr sehr wenig passiert. Und dann war das was passiert ist nicht mal wirklich wichtig.

Eine Mission wird vom Sternenclan aus gesandt, um herauszufinden was in Zukunft mit dem Wald passiert. Zum Schluss erfahren die 6 Katzen, dass eine Autobahn durch den Wald gebaut werden soll und die Clans fliehen müssen.

Soweit so gut.

Gleichzeitig bekommen die Clans im Wald, die Veränderung schon zu spüren!

WARUM MUSSTEN DIE ALSO SO EWIG REISEN?!?!?
Aki1713
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Am Anfang habe ich mir noch schwer getan, die Katze zu unterscheiden und die Welt zu verstehen, aber ich muss sagen, so als Kinder- bzw. Jugendbuch ist es nicht schlecht. Ich will sogar wissen wies weitergeht.
Tennille Wilton
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good, just like the previous series! This first book opens the second series very well and leaves one wanting more!
Rogue
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was is a great start to the next step in the series, but it still doesn't change the fact that I know what is going to happen.
Parker
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adventure is on almost every page!! This book is only a little sad, and very happy. It's filled with adventure and i always want to know what happens. I want to give this book a million stars!
Lena Westman - Mest Lenas Godsaker
Betyg: 4,5 / 5
Som vanligt rolig, fantasifull och spännande.
Kiki
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
It book is talk about four cats each from different clan. And leader said they should find the “Midnight”, and save they’re clan. Finally they found “Midnight”, the “Midnight”is a badger. I like this book is because Let me feel I can learn many things from cats, respect the forest.
Rael
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think the theme of this book was to never give up. I say that for most of the books i read, but this one i know that is the theme. it was by luck that they were able to complete the mission that they had to do. I'm talking about the cats when I say they. They are all very strong, courageous, and loyal. that is why they succeeded (plus that little bit of luck). they pushed through to the end, that is why the theme of this book is never give up.
  • The Journey (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #2)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Varjak Paw  (Varjak Paw #1)
  • The Grand Escape (Cat Pack #1)
  • Fell (The Sight, #2)
  • Ratha and Thistle-Chaser (The Named, #3)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natur
More about Erin Hunter

Warriors: The New Prophecy (6 books)
  • Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)
  • Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)
  • Starlight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #4)
  • Twilight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #5)
  • Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
“Yes, O Great One, I shall do as you command. Then when we come back empty-pawed, you'll admit I was right."
- Squirrelflight to Brambleclaw”
104 likes