Start by marking “Living Consequences ” as Want to Read:
Living Consequences

Living Consequences

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
In this moving novel, two high school seniors grappling with issues of sex, love, and intimacy learn lifelong lessons, and soon find that God's love and forgiveness can carry them through difficult times.
Published February 1st 2007 by Urban Christian (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Living Consequences, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Consequences

Katrina Burchett
Nevaeh & Ronald, Shimone & Marques, Sierra & Corey... Three young couples share good times and, with God's help, work through the bad times.
A commitment to abstain from sex until marriage is tested. A choice to have sex results in pregnancy, and now two teenagers, who are nowhere near ready for the responsibility, are going to be parents. And promiscuity leads to a diagnosis no one would want.
I started reading this book last night, and I couldn't wait to finish it today. There was
Jun 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Being too quick to apologize and too ready to accept another's behavior, the characters in Living Consequences were plastic at times. It's been my experience that Christians are less likely to forgive than the main characters within these pages, and more likely to condemn. I was startled by the "who cares" attitude of Marques' parents when learning that his 17-year old girlfriend Shimone is pregnant.

The only reason I gave it three stars is because it had me interested enough to want to know how
Maxine Billings
Dec 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
In her debut novel, young Ms. Holmes paints a very interesting, realistic picture of teenagers in their struggle to remain celibate in a world where doing so is unpopular.

While Ms. Holmes takes a realistic approach to writing the story, she does so in a way that makes it a wholesome read for the entire family, especially young ones.

Great debut!
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great novel. I can honestly relate to it, this book talks a lot about temptation, but it also makes you realize that thought the trials and tribulations people go through God is always there. This an amazing YA novel. Need more books like it
Danita Lawrence
May 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great stories. This teen is going to blossom into an even greater writer. I hope this book gets around with young people.
Aug 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very good book. Has a little suspense. Has enough spirituality for any christian. I related closely with Nevaeh. Loved her character and her strength.
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-have
Awesome book! It shows there is no healthy relationship without communication and God. Each couple helped each other when things got tough but they also turned to God.
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book about choices we make and how God can lift you up out of ANYTHING! I love it! :)
May 23, 2013
Michelle Young
Oct 17, 2012
Dec 31, 2013
Jan 11, 2013
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2013
Jan 23, 2009
Tina Brown-Batchelor
Dec 30, 2013
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian
I read most of it. It just didn't hold my attention.
Genesis Bryan