Start by marking “Here to Stay (The Fish Tales, #3)” as Want to Read:
Here to Stay (The Fish Tales, #3)

Here to Stay (The Fish Tales #3)

4.66  ·  Rating details ·  650 Ratings  ·  175 Reviews
“You can’t sort of do this, Fish. Draw a line and get on one side or the other...”

Love is never so sweet as when it receives a second chance. In the sequel to her award-winning novel The Man I Love, Suanne Laqueur continues the story of Erik Fiskare’s romance with Daisy Bianco. Though separated for twelve years, the extraordinary bond forged in their youth has endured. But
Paperback, 1, 280 pages
Published January 14th 2016 (first published January 12th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Here to Stay, please sign up.

Suanne Laqueur Rest assured, there is no one romantically/sexually for Fish but Daisy. But the theme of this particular book is that love does not and cannot exist…moreRest assured, there is no one romantically/sexually for Fish but Daisy. But the theme of this particular book is that love does not and cannot exist in a bubble. You need your support network of family and friends to share the good times and get through the bad ones. So in Here to Stay, you'll not only get Fish and Daisy's continuing romance, but also their unique and special friendship with Will and Lucky. It's a love story on a lot of different levels. I hope that helps, and thanks so much!
—Suanne(less)

Candace

The third book in 'The Fish Tales' series, 'Here to Stay' chronicles Erik and Daisy's new beginning. After everything that they've been through and all the pain that they've inflicted on themselves and each other, they are finally trying to work things out. However, a past like theirs is not easily forgotten. It will take a lot of understanding and forgiveness to move past the hurt that they've hung onto for so long.

As happy as I was to see one of my new favorite couples find their way back to
Bibi
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have a confession. So, please allow me to go on a tangent.

Here it is. I'm in love with the idea of Will and Erik because while you all were reading the epic love between Erik and Daisy, I saw only Erik and Will. AM I ALONE OUT HERE?!!
“You keep staring at me like that and we’ll have to take it inside,” Will said.
Erik’s face was warm around his smile. “What happened in Germany?”
Will blew his breath out, looking up at the skies. “Long version or short version?”
“Short.”
“Short version. I lost my sh
Elizabeth

~Now Available~

~5 Take My Breathe Away Stars~

"Don't leave me."
"I can't, I'll never breathe again."
description

Here to Stay is the third book in The Fish Tales Series. In order to fully appreciate the masterpiece of Here to Stay, you must read the first book in the series The Man I Love. In The Man I Love, my emotions were pressed, pulled, twisted, turned, and stretched to the limits. Here to Stay offered an unforgettable journey of healing.

In The Man I Love, Dais
Suanne Laqueur
Oct 28, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
Is the romance genre strictly about the pursuit of all things romantical, ending at the happily-ever-after? Or can a romance continue from the ending? Aren't endings really beginnings?

I am so excited to bring you the true sequel of The Man I Love. We've examined the past from both sides now and we're ready to move into the future. Together. More than ever I realize it was necessary to write Daisy's POV in Give Me Your Answer True so I could write about her and Erik as a couple.

These extraordinar
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
*****4.75 STARS*****

Let me tell ya...this was the perfect conclusion for Daisy and Erik.

This isn't going to be a "normal" review, it's going to be me sharing some of my favorite moments from the book. I hope you enjoy... Oh, and you can find even more on my blog https://prettymessreading.wordpress.c...

She was a hundred times more beautiful. A thousand times more thrilling. – Erik?

After so many years apart Erik still found Daisy to be the most beautiful woman in the world. Every scar, every
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
description

Confession: I don’t ever put off reading books in a series. If all the books have been released, I read them all back to back.

But I put off reading this book. Why? Because I didn’t want to cry. And I KNEW when I read it I would cry. All Suanne does is make me fucking cry.

AND BOY DID I FUCKING CRY.

I realize I’m cursing like a sailor here. But I don’t like to cry and I rarely cry so when I do cry it’s because I’ve reached a breaking point and the dam has burst and my emotions are over flooding and
~IreneOust~

If you are familiar with Suanne Laqueur's work, you'll probably recognize the reaction you are left with after 'The End' ...

"A real thousand-yard stare." (and I am not even sorry for stealing this quote from the author herself!)

I finished this book earlier today and I really don't have much to say other than 'READ THIS AUTHOR'! Read EVERYTHING she's ever written! IMMEDIATELY! Her books are art in a book form. They are perfect because the characters in them are not. Just like life, her stories
Dee Montoya
5++++ STARS*****

Beautiful and triumphant! This book was everything I wanted and more. I fell utterly in love with all these characters from the moment I started reading the first book . Their struggles, their pain, their victories filled my heart with so many wonderful emotions. This was one of those stories that you learn from, feel from and experience it as if it was your own. Unforgettable!!!!

photo B184D24A-8147-484A-B333-94522B597C3E_zpstygubpe8.jpg

I was so in love with the idea that Fish and Daisy were getting a second chance. Even though they h
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vault-1
This series is epic beyond all my expectations. I feel like I have just watched the most glorious miniseries. So vivid. A story that always shows and always made me feel so much.

All three books, in my personal opinion, are essential to experience the full, rich and deeply layered tapestry of the story. A story that spans decades, developed beyond all my expectations and will stay with me forever. It's one of THOSE stories. I loved it and ALL the characters so much. The protagonists and supporti
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
After reading Here To Stay I can finally say that I and the characters have come full circle. This third and final book in The Fish Tale trilogy was nothing more than a masterpiece. The writing was intelligent and there was a purpose for everything that happened in Here To Stay. I have to admit that I was pretty damn angry with the author. It was only after I finished Here To Stay that I can loudly say, that what she accomplished not only with this book but with the entire Fish Tales series was ...more
KAS
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"To the union of fishes and daisies" ........ How utterly fitting!

I began on this exhilarating journey nearly a week ago with these beautiful and flawed individuals and immediately started the process of slicing and dicing up my heart into small pieces and handing them over to each and everyone of them. If you do not know who "them" is, please stop! Go back to the beginning of this amazing "experience!" Start with "The Man I Love", proceed to "Give Me Your Answer" and then come back to this spec
Emma Scott
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading (and being emotionally pummeled) by both The Man I Love and Give Me Your Answer True, I was honestly a bit wary about wading back into the lives of Daisy and Erik, since doing so always feels like a head-hop. We've been able to see how the couple navigated their beautiful, soul-deep love affair, and the horrible tragedy that split them apart, THEN the amazing journey toward recovery...separately. So with Here to Stay, I was looking forward to seeing how--finally--these two were goi ...more
Terri Lee
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What happens after the happily ever after? How many times have we been left wondering what happened to a couple we've fallen in love with.? What a thrill to realize there were more chapters waiting for me, after I closed the book on 'The Man I Love.'
I received an ARC of 'Here to Stay', and practically set my Kindle on fire zipping through the pages. I devoured it. In two sittings. No matter how much I told myself to take my time. Even knowing there's a brain freeze waiting for me on the other s
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
description

‘Loving her felt like creating something. A cathedral. Spires and stained glass and bells. But she broke one window and I indiscriminately tore the whole thing down…’

With tears streaming down our cheeks, we want to give Suanne Laqueur a standing ovation and a big thank you for the privilege of experiencing this achingly compelling, stunningly written, powerful and incredibly moving series of which we’ll never forget. The dramatic threads of this story were so intrinsically and superbly woven by
Nawal
This is some of the best writing I have read. Suanne has ruined me completely. There was so much soul and so much emotion pouring from every sentence. I am slayed 100%. This is pure art.

More and more aware how the past was made up of stepping stones to now. No coincidences. No accidents. You gravitated toward and attracted the people you were meant to have in your life.

I kind of regret not reading this as soon as I finished the first book. I wanting to be emotionally ready (which I am totally
Robin Hill
5 stars.

Ugh. Big freaking book hangover. This was such a nice way to end the series. Not overly angsty or heartbreaking, just sweet perfection--exactly what I needed after the first two. I'm so sad it's over and so glad there's more by way of The Ones That Got Away. But for now, seriously depressed.
Giedre
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I should write something about "The Fish Tales", since I read all three during the weekend (sprained limb, not much to do... don't judge me) and loved the whole experience. These books left me bookdrunk. Want a romance of epic proportions? Read this trilogy. Want all of the feels? Read this trilogy. My word-maker seems to be malfunctioning - I can't put together a decent review for the life of me - but, trust me, Suanne Laqueur is one to watch.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Dual Spoiler Free review : The Man I Love and Here To Stay

Ellen at Book Bellas
"You're the only one I let know me. I never fell out of love, Dais. I just fell out of touch. I'm here now. I'm back and I'm here to stay."

I can honestly say that these books are among my all-time favorites. Dare I say they are life-changing? These are the kind of books that stay with you long after you finish the final chapter. And hello, I don't think I have ever SOBBED while reading Acknowledgements, but once again, the author got me with that one.

All of the beloved characters in The Fish T
♥︎♥︎Sofia♥︎♥︎
Umpteeth read - Nothing to add to the below apart from these Fishes never get old. I love them as much now as I ever did...

*AMAZING* - Gobbled it up as if it were an ice-cream that might melt; so review to come, after second read.....where savouring will allow proper thoughts to form.

After Second Reading
Her (Laqueur) goal is to create a new kind of emotionally-intelligent romance that appeals to the emotions of all readers, crossing gender, age and genre.

This is taken from the About The Auth
Billie Lawson
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if I can adequately review this book. As I sit here now (close to 12 hours after I finished) I'm writing this with tears in my eyes. I have so many emotions warring inside of me and I feel emotionally gutted. It's as if every emotion inside of me was taken out, arranged on a table, and precariously returned to my body. I'm spent. In the absolute best way possible. The writing in this book surpasses almost anything out there today. The authors use of metaphor and her lyrical style ke ...more
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Review to come.

Arc offered in exchange for an honest review
More reviews and book talk at :
Naroba
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The third (and final?) installment of Fish Tales Here To Stay came at me like a warm spring afternoon. That kind where you’re conflicted. You don’t know whether you should take a nice nap or go walk and smell nature as the warm/cool breeze tickles your skin. All the old characters that are there and making me laugh or even cry. I loved all the new additions with their own little quirks or stories; my heart didn’t know it had more room for more loveys. Sure there were some struggles, some parts ...more
*The Angry Reader*
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Perfection. In TMIL I fell in love with a boy. Sweet. Compassionate. Imperfect. Endlessly lovable. And loving him took me on a big ride. Made me cry. A lot. Made me really angry. Filled me with some righteous indignation. That book was one of my favorites of all time. Flawless.
GMYAT gave me something I didn't know I needed. Forgiveness. Another side of the story. A view of my sweet sweet boy as an asshole. A dick. Selfish. Taking and hurting. And it let me fall a little in love with the girl wh
Abs
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loves-of-2016
Oh my heart. I need a moment. Or a few.
This series.
I'm in awe of the writing. Beautiful.
It was so raw.
Friendship.
Forgiveness.
Hilarious.
Etc.
I fell in love with these characters. Each one of them for different reasons. They felt real to me and believable. I felt them and the things that happened to them. I understood them and I related.
This has been added to my top fav series of all time. It's a must read.
Bianca
Many of us loved Erik and Daisy’s story so much, we wanted, no, we needed more, because, god damn it, that was one amazing story, one amazing relationship.

Here to Stay is Suanne Laquer’s third book in the Fish Tales series.

After twelve long, painful years, Erik, finally! pulls his finger out and contacts Daisy. I love Erik, but I would so punch him for tormenting Daisy and himself in that way. And Will and Lucky.

Oh wait, this is not real, this not real… it’s just a book. Relax…

Ever since I fir
Holly - Holly's Hot Reads
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Fish Tales series is one which has completely taken me over. When I picked up book 1, I had no idea I would end up binge-reading this series, book after book, within the space of a week. Not only did I love this series enough to devour it, but I loved it enough to crown it one of my favourite series, and top reads of 2016.

Here To Stay started where Give Me Your Answer True ended. Daisy and Fish have officially been reunited and I couldn't have been happier!! They had been separated for a loo
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

I was first introduced to Suanne Laqueur's beautiful prose in The Man I Love. It was one of my top reads of 2015. Laqueur writes intelligent, realistic romance. This isn't an exploration, it's a lifelong journey in a love affair.

TMIL is where we first meet Erik and Daisy and their wonderful group of friends. Told from Erik's point of view, we witness as Erik and Daisy fall in love and events rip them apart.

When I found out I'd be reviewing Here to Stay, I grabbed the se
Shy
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Suanne Laqueur did it again. I don't really know what to expect when I first heard about book 3. Basically, book 1 and 2 are the same story under different point of views. Book 3 is what came after that. One of my favorite authors said, "The story does not end when the book does." and book 3is that story after the book ended.

In my writing workshop several years ago, we where thought the difference between a love story and a romance story. As I was reading Here to Stay, I realized it was no roman
Romance Readers Retreat
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This, right here, was the book I was waiting for. I've said all along I wanted more Erik and Daisy and Suanne Laqueur really didn't disappoint me with this final instalment.

If a book could be described as tragically beautiful, it's this series. The bad times have been described with such clarity, yet at the same time handled so beautifully and essential to the story.

I loved how vulnerable Daisy was in certain parts and so strong in others, she really grew as a character for me and it was easy to
TMB Book Reviews: Here to Stay (Fish Tales, Book 3) by Suanne Laqueur 1 8 Feb 14, 2016 02:04PM
  • Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill, #2)
  • Rainfall
  • Diving in (Resort to Love #2)
  • You, Me and Him
  • Rule (Roam, #5)
  • Whisper if You Need Me
  • Secret Shopper
  • Girl of Vengeance (Rachel's Peril, #3; Thompson Sisters, #7)
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
  • Jezebel (Jezebel, #1)
  • Bella Summer Takes a Chance
  • The Ground Rules Rewritten (The Rule Breakers, #2)
  • Destructive (Combative, #3)
  • Winter Blues
  • Special Forces: Soldiers Part II -Director's Cut
  • Love, in Spanish (Love, in English, #1.5)
  • Postcards from the Heart
  • Crush (The House on Glass Beach #1)
A former professional dancer and teacher, Suanne Laqueur has gone from choreographing music to choreographing words. Her goal is to create a new kind of emotionally-intelligent romance that appeals to the passions of all readers, crossing gender, age and genre.

Laqueur's debut novel The Man I Love won a gold medal in the 2015 Readers' Favorite Book Awards and was named Best Debut in the Feathered Q
More about Suanne Laqueur...

The Fish Tales (4 books)
  • The Man I Love (The Fish Tales, #1)
  • Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales, #2)
  • The Ones That Got Away (The Fish Tales, #4)

“I can’t,” he whispered, knowing he could, but wishing with every fiber of his being he didn’t have to.
“You can,” Will said. “You don’t have to do it well. You just have to do it.”
5 likes
“All of the little triumphs of their love story had been banked away over the years, accumulating interest. Now they made lavish withdrawals, cashed in every bond, every insurance policy.” 4 likes