Start by marking “Lost Moon: A Girl on the Moon Story” as Want to Read:
Lost Moon: A Girl on the Moon Story

Lost Moon: A Girl on the Moon Story

(Girl on the Moon)

Peo Haskell went to the moon intending to be the first woman to walk on the surface. But she came home without landing. The world never knew why. In this 3,500-word companion story to the novel Girl on the Moon, we find out the truth about what went wrong with Peo's mission. Not since Apollo 13 had a mission to the moon aborted without landing. Did Peo "have a problem?" Or ...more
Kindle Edition
Published October 27th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Lost Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Moon

Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
You've got to be kidding me. I just used my free book of the month for this and the story was, at best, about 10 pages long. It took me a whole 5 minutes to read. I was just saying too how Girl on the Moon was loaded with material, if that's how this book was, it wouldn't be so bad but it wasn't like that at all- essentially nothing happened. I feel cheated lol- What a rip off!
Richard
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Too short , leaves too many questions unanswered. Would not recommend. Buy Girl on the Moon, it's a good book and provides most of the answers. It also adds a few new twists.

Fun book to read
Sonya Connor
Mar 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
What a disappointment this was. I purchased this thinking it would be q greet read. Instead it was a short, weak!y -written half chapter.

I am Feeling let down and cannot in Good conscience recommend this "book " it is nothing compared to his other work.
Jesse Deleon
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great prequel to series.

Jack McDonald Burnett story is a great prequel to the series. I'm half way through A Girl on the moon. Fantastic adventure taking my time to finish it.
lorana Mossi
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yes, a tidbit of info....

This was an insight to "Girl on the Moon"
I was harsh in my review of, but I have a chance to say yes both good reads, great characters, shockers, & the ups downs sideways and everything in between will keep you wondering who you should be cheering for. Space came alive & Jack McDonald Burnett can put you in space without getting out of your favorite chair.
ann fritchie
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good

This story was very weird to me. It echos my own relationship with my daughter. I could hardly finish it and then kept rereading the last few paragraphs over and over. Am Ithe only mother with this selfish know it all daughter? It must not be. Thank you for writing this for me.
Robert
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A quick fun read. If you want something to breeze through to get a feel for an author's style this is a great idea. A nice bit of a story that you can read without needing to read the Girl on the Moon novel.
Lexidh Solstad
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read an early version of this, back when it was the first chapter of the book. Don't read it if you don't already have the book in hand, you'll go nuts ;P
Konstantin
Jan 15, 2017
Gwen Collins
rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2017
Darlene
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great short

A great little short story that clears up some of Peo's life. For as short as it was it had a lot of impact. I would like to learn a little more about her past and how she became so rich and powerful.
Pat Cummings
Mar 27, 2019
Nancy
Nov 24, 2018
John Kilgallon
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quick short story. Now for the book, A Girl on the Moon.
Emma
Victor Nettle
Mar 12, 2017
Richard Sorden
Dec 23, 2018
Jack McDonald Burnett is an attorney living in the Atlanta metro area. His short fiction is available at his website, scifijack.com. His nonfiction work has been published in a range of venues, from Economic Opportunity Report to American Builders Quarterly to Puck Daddy. His novels Girl on the Moon, Pauper, and Girl on Mars are available in the Kindle Store.

Girl on the Moon (3 books)
  • Girl on the Moon
  • Girl on Mars (Girl on the Moon Book 2)