Start by marking “The Way You Love Me (Grayson Friends, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Way You Love Me (Grayson Friends, #1)

The Way You Love Me

(Grayson Friends #1)

Nothing gets to Shane Elliott. A former Army Ranger, now head of security for a wealthy real estate tycoon, Shane can handle whatever life throws at him—until he meets the beautiful, kindhearted Paige Albright. She’s about to inherit a fortune, and Paige’s mother has asked Shane to investigate her boyfriend. It should have been a simple, standard assignment for Sha

Published August 26th 2008 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2008)

Start your review of The Way You Love Me (Grayson Friends, #1)
SassyMama
Apr 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shane FINALLY Meets His Match

Okay...no it wasn't as HOT & SPICY as “Only You”, but it's still a GREAT BEGINNING to the “Grayson Friends” series. I was CAUGHT UP in Shane and Paige's journey to love. I ABSOLUTELY love the fact that they actually became friends before they became lovers. It's one of those romance novels that had me saying, “AWWWWW” out loud...LOL...and dabbing at a tear or two. So, even without the “HEAT” I thought Mrs. Ray still spun a sweet, sensual and charming romantic treat.
Lakeisha
Apr 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Couldn't put it down. The Grayson Novels are so good. Can't wait for another one to come out.
African Americans on the Move Book Club
Falling in love with someone you have to protect with your life isn't hard to do, even big bachelor Shane Elliot. Keeping your Desire from someone who you are close to everyday is not easy no matter how hard Paige Albright may try. In this Novel Paige's mother is living in fear that Paige will marry a gold digging man just because her father who recently passed liked him. So hires Shane to come and investigate Russell and help her daughter see the light. When an impromptu Flow of desire and awar ...more
Carla
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am giving this book five stars although it was my least favorite so far in the series. The book is well written, however I tend to judge a book on the characters and I could not stand Paige. I thought she was just so silly and naive and that always bothers me. I would not have chosen her for Shane but then again I am not the author just a reader emotionally invested in the series as some people are with their favorite tv show.

I recommend reading every book in the series starting with the Tagg
Carla
Dec 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the story about Shane who was first introduced in Dreaming of You and whom we got to know a little bit better in Only You. The female in this book worked my nerves she was naive and kind of childish. She had these silly expectations of her mother and was pretty sheltered.

The books is quite good as always Mrs. Ray does not disappoint.
LC
Oct 19, 2012 rated it liked it
I couldn't wait to read Shane's book... But the chemistry took too long to develop. I just wanted them to get together already! If it hadn't taken so long it would have been a 4 star book but by the time they finally got together, the book was over!
Crystal
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I secretly wish I could find the love of any of the men in one of these books. But until that happens I am content with just reading their stories and the fierce love they have for their friends, family and the women they fall in love with.
Michelle Crawford
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very nicely done. Another great love story for us hopeless romantics. What girl doesn't dream of her own Black Knight? Shane is every girls dream. Paige is so sweet. You can't help but hope for the best for these two.
Debbie
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story, always love a Grayson story, but the only problem I had was I wished Francis went more into Shane's upbringing, how he grew up and what lead him to Rio and Blade. That's all. Other than that, great love story!
Jacqueline
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Shane he is a perfect gentleman. I have been enjoying this series. It's time for Rio to find his one true love.
Leah drey perschke
Apr 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
it a book of romanctic stuff not my tipe of book but the cover made me read it
Felice Foster
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. I've been waiting for Shane's story since Dreaming of You. This did not disappoint.
Ariana
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Swear I thought Shane was white. Any way I loved the book. But I hate women like Paige, your dad was a cheating abusing whore get over it. You aren't daddy's little girl grow up.
Linda
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very sweet

Although they fell in love much to quick I did like how the passion ignited. Good read. I would recommend to friends. Romance and sizzle.
Kiexiza
Dec 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
just received the book from my AAMBC book club so im excited to get started
Tigger
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just love this story

Stay at home order and just wanted to re-read some of my favorites
Jharrayne
Neshaarich
May 23, 2014
Christina Brooks
Nov 07, 2014

• Claimed by a Steele (Forged of Steele #13)
  • Locked in Temptation (The Protectors #3)
  • Breaking Bailey's Rules / Reclaimed by the Rancher (The Westmorelands, #30)
  • Rebel (Women Who Dare, #1)
  • Seduced by a Stranger
  • Tall, Dark... Westmoreland! (The Westmorelands #15; Jeffries #1)
  • Stern (The Westmorelands, #27)
  • ENTANGLED PURSUITS (MEN OF ACTION Book 1)
  • His Secret Son (The Westmoreland Legacy #2)
  • Taste of Passion (Madaris Family Saga #15)
  • The Midnight Hour
  • Bachelor Untamed (Bachelors in Demand #1)
  • Breathless (Old West, #2)
  • Sensual Confessions
  • Seized by Seduction (The Protectors #2)
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Love in Catalina Cove (Catalina Cove #1)
  • Canyon (The Westmorelands, #26)
Francis Ray was a New York Times and USA Today bestselling African-American writer of romance novels. Her literary fiction series – Taggart and Falcon, the Invincible Women, Grayson Family of New Mexico, and Grayson Friends – have consistently made bestseller's lists. She was born in Richland, Texas, and studied nursing, receiving a bachelor's degree from Texas Woman's University in 1967. She bega ...more

Grayson Friends (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Nobody But You (Grayson Friends, #2)
  • One Night With You (Grayson Friends, #3)
  • It Had to Be You (Grayson Friends, #4)
  • A Seductive Kiss (Grayson Friend, #5)
  • With Just One Kiss (Grayson Friends, #6)
  • A Dangerous Kiss (Grayson Friends, #7)
  • All I Ever Wanted (Grayson Friends, #8)
  • All of My Love (Grayson Friends, #9)
  • All That I Need (Grayson Friends, #10)
  • All That I Desire (Grayson Friends, #11)