Start by marking “Her Kind of Man” as Want to Read:
Her Kind of Man

Her Kind of Man

(SPECTRUM #2)

During the day, Roy Girard works with truckers. It's a macho environment where a man is judged by how tough he is. And everyone knows Roy as one of the toughest. On his own time Roy helps mentor young people who are LGBT, and cares about them as if they were his own. He's in love with Venetia, a trans woman.

He's careful to keep his private life completely separate from his
Published November 10th 2015 by Loose ID

To ask other readers questions about Her Kind of Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Kind of Man

Start your review of Her Kind of Man
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I read His Kind of Woman and couldn't resist reading this story as its the continuation of Roy and Venetias story.

Their story still isn't all roses. They are still dealing with hurdles that life throws at them about being different.

Transgender is not a regular topic I read about so I'm loving getting my eyes opened by the author.
Although a short read I really enjoyed it.
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Her Kind of Man
Author: Nona Raines
Genre: Contemporary Romance, LGBT
Series or Standalone: Series (Spectrum #2)
Rating:

Review

description

Her Kind of Man picks up right where His Kind of Woman leaves off and we’re thrown right back into the lives of Roy and Venetia, post revelations being revealed.

Their relationship solid yet still not quite where I think it needs to be in that they’re still having to keep it all under wraps from the rest of the world. Or rather, the world outside of the group of kids
Sally
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: transsexual, romance
Earlier this year I had the distinct pleasure of taking part in the review tour for His Kind of Woman by Nona Raines. It was a lovely read, a truly romantic tale that demonstrated a wonderful understanding of what it means to be different. While it took on such difficult topics as family rejection, bullying, and coming out, it still managed to be positive and uplifting.

With Her Kind of Man, we get the long-awaited next chapter in the romance between Roy and Venetia. Although it is clear they are
Anna
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
As Roy and Venetia move forward in their relationship with one another, it becomes clear that they will continue to face challenges. Roy works with some overt bigots and his response at work is mostly to stay quiet and not reveal much personal information about his relationship. He continues to mentor LGBTQ teens, and really values the group and his time with them. It becomes clear that Roy is going to need to deal with the consequences of his his separate work and home "worlds" colliding.

This
Sharamebeth79
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced reader copy of this in exchange for a honest review. The opinions in this review are my own. I enjoyed the plot line and twits and turns oft history by Nona Raines. The main characters of Vee and Roy seemed very down to earth and realistic. Raines deals with real and topical issues in this book that could easily take a heavy or wrong turn. However Raines covers them honestly, tactfully and with wonderful touches of the humanity of the human experience. The romantic scenes ...more
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

The second book in the series, this follows on from book one. Roy and Venetia are settling into a good relationship, however, he has a lot of problems with rationalising the differences between his private and work life. This all comes to a head, and nearly ruins everything. He is a very interesting character, as he is very accepting, but tries to take on the world, rather than relax a little and share his worries. It
Dee
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 angst stars.

You know what makes or breaks a book for me? One that makes me 'feel' and this one did that on so many levels, not all happy feels either. My emotions ranged from... angry, outraged, happy, sad, pissed off, sympathetic, and finally forgiveness.

The story is heavy on angst, riddled with narrow-minded opinionated bigots. Some of the events that took place had me shaking my head in disgust. I truly thought society had come a long way with acceptance of other peoples sexuality. If this
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
***4.5 Stars***

Her Kind of Man is a continuation to Roy and Venetia's story. I read His Kind of Woman recently and glad that there was going to be more to their story...

Roy and Venetia have been dating for several months now and it seems to be going very well. That was what Venetia thought until she found out that there was an event going on at his work that she felt he didn't want her to attend. Was he hiding her from the people at work? Was he ashamed of her, of their relationship?

Roy has
Teena
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is not a stand alone book. His kind of Woman need to be read first because Her Kind of Man picks up were His Kind of Women left off.

Its hard not to get sucked in to this short read story of Roy and Venetia. After reading His Kind of Woman I couldn't wait to start book 2 in the Spectrum series. Which I am pleased to announce I was not disappointed. I love the chemistry between Roy and Venetia.

Roy is madly in love with Venetia, so in love with her that he wants to protect her from ever being
Ruth B
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Her Kind of Man continues the story of Venetia and Roy. Now they are finally a couple but it's all new for both of them. Roy has to deal with his work environment and his macho culture while protecting Venetia and the kids at Spectrum.

The story is only around 80 pages long so the action never stops. The rhythm is always constant and the story has no low point. The romance is sweet and sexy. I enjoyed the sexiness and it’s easy to get immerse in the love that the characters share.

The author
Rachael Orman
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trans, erotic
This was the follow up to His Kind of Woman and it continued to show us all the trials that come from being different and the things that come with being in a relationship with a transgendered individual.

While I could see why Roy wanted to hide the fact that Venetia had once been a man as she was now a woman in every way, I also fully connected with why Venetia didn't want to do that. She wanted to help others that were going through the things she had to go through to get to where she was.

We
Susan
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is a wonderful love story. It is the story of Roy that works at a trucking business and the love of his life Venetia, a transgender. They also work and enjoy helping a group of LGBTQ teens at Spectrum, a place that Venetia founded to give these teens a place to go to be themselves and to be safe. Roy really loves Venetia, but problems arise when men at work target Roy because of his relationship with Venetia and the teens. In the process of trying to ...more
Maari
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice followup to His Kind of Woman!
What a beautiful love story! I enjoyed this book a bit more than His Kind of Woman, but I loved both! This was another quick read by Ms. Raines, with a message that everyone should learn: accept people for who they are. This series is full of so many emotions.. I will be watching for more about Roy and Venetia!!
I was gifted this ebook by Indiesage PR on behalf of the author for an honest review. Opinions in this review are my own.
Harper Miller
I'm really enjoying the heck out of this series! Very much looking forward to His and Hers and Hers. The trials and tribulations of Roy and Venetia's relationship come to a head in this tale. Can he deal with others knowing his lady is trams? Such an engrossing story. An extremely quick read with depth.
Kaetrin
Patrick Siu
MJ Symmonds
Maria Theresa
Nov 13, 2015
Nona Raines became hooked on romances when she first picked up "The Flame and the Flower" by Kathleen Woodiwiss (and she's not telling how long ago that was). Romances may have changed since then, but her love for a good love story has not. She's been writing off and on for years, but it was only when she joined the Central New York Romance Writers Association that she finally gained the support ...more

SPECTRUM (2 books)