Start by marking “The Magic Forest Alphabet: Introducing Letter Sounds” as Want to Read:
The Magic Forest Alphabet: Introducing Letter Sounds

The Magic Forest Alphabet: Introducing Letter Sounds

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The Magic Forest happily invites you to enjoy Introduction to Letter Sounds. A strong foundation in phonics has been proven to support children in learning to read, and this book is designed to assist phonics instruction, at home or in school, by teaching children to correctly associate individual letters with the sounds they make.

Isolating and identifying each individual
Published October 16th 2015 by Little Gem Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Magic Forest Alphabet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic Forest Alphabet

Morris
This is a wonderful book for introducing young readers to the alphabet and letter sounds. The text is simple and easy to understand. Sadly, phonics is not used much in schools these days, and I believe parents will appreciate being able to supplement their children's learning with this engaging book.

This unbiased review is based upon a copy of the book won through the Goodreads First Reads giveaway program.
Barbara White
The Magic Forest Alphabet: Introducing Letter Sounds is a wonderful book for young learners. Each page is dedicated to a letter of the alphabet that contains a drawing depicting the word that accompanies the letter.
Reasoning for why this book teaches what it does is explained at the beginning, which is good for those helping youngsters with their letter sounds.
I like that the drawings are going to show themselves in future publishings by Audrey Walsh. I look forward to them, as will any young p
Lynn Demsky
What a delightful read – with lovely colorful bright pictures! A GREAT beginning book for children starting with the alphabet! It can be read quickly and just for fun! A great way to really get kids interested in the alphabet – how to say it, how to spell and good old fashion reading!
Nicole Wrightson
I loved the cute little story in this book. I entered to win this book with my daughter in mind at first. She loves books no matter the age and it looked cute. I read it and discovered that she wouldn't enjoy it as much as I thought because it was aimed at kids younger than her. She would love the pictures however, I thought someone might enjoy it more. So I passed this cute little book onto a grandmother I know who has a 3-year-old grandson. So he is going to get to enjoy this story and it hope ...more
Heather
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: givaways
The idea behind this book is fabulous! It is very true that children do see more lowercase letters in school then uppercase and a solid knowledge of phonics will help any child learn to read. But I did have some issues with this book. Some of the word/picture choices used to demonstrate letter sounds bothered me. The ones that bothered me the most were the umbrella, should have just been an umbrella, the owl makes it confusing, the rainbow unicorn should have been just a rainbow, x marks the spo ...more
Cathy Tobin
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like how the author has taken the time to explain how to correctly use the book to help children learn the correct letter/sound relationships. As a teacher I can't tell you how many times children show up to school having learned the incorrect sounds, and that leads to all sorts of problems in reading. I bought a copy for my classroom and the children love it (and if you happen to claim Irish heritage, there's a nice little surprise in there for you too).
Darlene Cruz
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful colorful book cover and pages of simplistic illustrated pictures introducing letter sounds. Immediately striking colors and large pictures to catch a child attention and focus. I like how the eyes can focus on the picture not adding a whole lot of other graphics. Not overwhelming the mind, just an enjoyable teaching tool to get them motivated to learn their letters. Exceptionally well put together, thank you! Thank you, Darlene Cruz
Vicky
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Magic Forest Alphabet is a delightful book for young children learning their letters. Beautifully illustrated and creatively written, this book is great for reading aloud to young readers. Children (and even adults) will learn new words (I certainly did!). Great job, Audrey!

I received this complimentary book from Goodreads and I'm so glad I did!
Daleine
The Magic Forest Alphabet is an unusual book to introduce letter sounds. The pictures are amazing watercolor paintings. The author uses unusual pictures to teach letter sounds. I found the book refreshing and fun.
Anthonia
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good book for learning and teaching children. Excellent illustrations explaining each letter for picture and vowels to sound out for it. I gave this book to my niece and she absolutely loves it. Great way to teach children.
Tammie Smith
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Audrey Wash and good reads for this book. I have to say I thought it was a little but silly when I herd my husband reading this to my two kids. But, both my husband and my kids really enjoyed it and were repeating the sounds with my husband. It was great. Thanks
Brittany
I won this via a goodreads giveaway. I read this with my 3 year old son and he loved the drawings and especially enjoyed the castle!
Sharron
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scaned-books
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. My 4 year old grand daughter loves the bright colors.
Stephanie Greuel
I would like to start out by saying I wanted to like this book but I did not. I was not in love with the illustrations or the things that the letters were representing. I have worked in libraries for over 10 years and I have read many “alphabet” books and this one doesn’t stand out among them. I am sad to say this one was a miss for me. (I won this book through a goodreads giveaway.)
Fleur
Feb 22, 2016
Jane
Feb 25, 2016
Kristin
rated it did not like it
Oct 17, 2016
Felicia
Jun 05, 2016
Audrey Walsh
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Frederick Rotzien
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Pam
Lynette
Book Giveaways: The Magic Forest Alphabet 1 4 Feb 09, 2016 02:31PM
  • Kickin' Lenny Saves The Day (Kickin' Lenny #1)
  • Gato -n- Gizzy
  • A Tale of Two Sisters
  • Dan D's Candies
  • Freddy the Frogcaster and the Big Blizzard
  • School is Cool
  • Oscar and the Amazing Gravity Repellent
  • Snow Flower: Arara's Tale (Flower's Fang, #0.5)
  • The Safest Lie
  • Merry Christmas from the Big Guy, the Rabbit and the Fairy
  • Joss the Seven (Guild of Sevens #1)
  • Priscilla's Homecoming Across the Sea
  • Rebel Queen
  • Pokergeist
  • Camping on Other Planets
  • Have I Told You Today How Much I Love You?
  • Grand Theft Retro: A Samantha Kidd Mystery (Style and Error Mysteries Book 5)
  • Kyle in the Corner