Start by marking “Missing Mona: A Tommy Cuda Mystery” as Want to Read:
Missing Mona: A Tommy Cuda Mystery

Missing Mona: A Tommy Cuda Mystery

Tommy has boomeranged back to his parents residence and a dead-end job after too many years in college. As he looks squarely at his next decade of life his smartphone convinces him the time is ripe for a change. A gift from his grandfather provides the means, so he embarks on the path of blues artists and beatniks before him-and hits the road. He immediately meets a damsel ...more
Published October 23rd 2015 by Cartosi LLC

To ask other readers questions about Missing Mona, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing Mona

Anne
Apr 26, 2016 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-copy, arc
This was the first book that came aaaaaaall the way from the US for me to read and review it. When I saw the cover I immediately had to think of David Lynch'sLost Highway, which is a weird ass sort of arthouse/mystery/thriller movie which I love, but is definitely not for everyone. My hunches about these kinds of things are usually pretty good and it turned out there were some unexpected similarities between Missing Mona and Lost Highway. Thankfully, though,Missing Mona was a lot less fucked up, ...more
Allie Sumner
Nov 18, 2016 Allie Sumner rated it really liked it
“Missing Mona” was a fun read. It took me awhile to really get into the story but once I did the suspense had me flipping pages to unravel all those loose threads!

I have to admit that when I began the book I did not like Tommy. Not even a little. He seems like a grown man baby. He doesn’t at all seem to understand how privileged he is and he surely doesn’t appreciate it. I was more than a quarter into the book before I stopped sneering at Tommy and actually started to like him a little. His evo
Gerald Heller
Nov 17, 2016 Gerald Heller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finding Mona Lookalikes

Enjoyed this clever, sometimes exciting "Private Eye Romp" in Chicago. Interesting plot involving counterfeit money, pretty girls, dirty cops, good ones too, musicians and the "good guys win" . Recommend this author and his other books. No I'm not family.
Hobart
Feb 05, 2016 Hobart rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
I can't put my finger on why (I probably needed to take a few more minutes between books), but the first page or two of this book really turned me off -- five or six paragraphs in, and I was already groaning at the length of this book. And then I hit the line:
Where could I find a life as exciting as a detective novel? Or at least a pop song?
Nothing special, but the second question got my attention. Tommy Kelsey might be my kind of guy after
Leslie C. Gunn
Jan 14, 2017 Leslie C. Gunn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of twists and turns

A fun read with quirky well-drawn characters and lots of entertaining details including muscle cars, Chicago hot spots and blues theory.
Randy
Oct 07, 2016 Randy rated it really liked it
Meet Tommy Cuda, a young man in an old car, who dumps his predictable life and his Wal-mart job to head West in a search for self. What he finds is a beautiful and mysterious hitchhiker, and a heretofore unrealized desire to be a . . . Private investigator.

After Mona the hitchhiker disappears, leaving a note imploring "Find me!," Tommy sets forth to solve his first case. Along the way he meets many new people, including an aspiring blues man, a waitress/criminologist, a sexy goth librarian, a co
Loretta J Jenkins
Grabs and keeps your attention

I was given a free copy for an honest review.

I have been reading mystery novels since I started with Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys very young, and discovered Agatha Christie when I was 12 years old. Because that was my introduction to amazing mystery writing, I don't give out 5 stars very often.

This booked grabbed my attention from the beginning and held it clear to t h e end. I couldn't wait to see what happened next and hated when I had to set it down for any reason.
M.T. Bass
May 24, 2016 M.T. Bass rated it liked it
The real mystery here is what happened to me, the reader. I tore into Missing Mona: A Tommy Cuda Mystery enthusiastically, but about halfway through my interest waned. Hmmm. Writing: good. Characters: good. Story…bread and butter mystery tale. In all fairness to the author, I think the problem was with my expectations going in. I really had my taste buds set for something more quirky and off-the-wall than dirty politics and cracking a counterfeit ring.
Rebecca Jaycox
Rebecca Jaycox rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2016
TamaraKirschbaum
TamaraKirschbaum rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Eugene Szabo
Eugene Szabo rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2017
Sec2000
Sec2000 rated it it was ok
Oct 17, 2016
Bonnie Wertz
Bonnie Wertz rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Reva
Reva rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Elise Case
Elise Case rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
Dorothy Lancashire
Dorothy Lancashire rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2016
Steven Shaw
Steven Shaw rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Cathey Mauldin
Cathey Mauldin rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Betty McMahon
Betty McMahon rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2016
Charles Odom
Charles Odom rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Dante Luna
Dante Luna rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Tom Krueger
Tom Krueger rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
BOBBIE HUNT
BOBBIE HUNT rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2016
Hank Stanton
Dec 26, 2015 Hank Stanton rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read, with a likeable character. Looking for more from this author.
James
James rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Lopamudra
Lopamudra rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Ellenbrovergmail.com
Ellenbrovergmail.com rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Craig Gillan
Feb 28, 2016 Craig Gillan rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable and fun book to read, some interesting characters and over the top women
Ed Campbell
Ed Campbell rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
TERRY HOWARD
TERRY HOWARD rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Joe Klingler was born in the Great Black Swamp on a hot July day during a cold war. In primary school he read Four Wheel Drift. That led to a soap box derby car named Restless, two crashes, and a lifelong love of motion.

Images of Jimi Hendrix playing the U.S. National Anthem at Woodstock inspired pounding on a Gibson in a garage band influenced by local groups like the MC5 and Iggy and Stooges who
More about Joe Klingler...