Start by marking “Wrinkled Heartbeats” as Want to Read:
Wrinkled Heartbeats

Read Book

Wrinkled Heartbeats

(Heartbeat #1)

A war hero stumbles into a web of money-laundering, lies, and deadly secrets. A very generous offer to buy his luxury home includes an expiration date on his life. The only person who can save him is the person hired to kill him.

For the warrior, medically-induced flashbacks to the bloodiest battle in the history of the Marine Corps the retreat of NATO forces from the Inch
Published October 20th 2015 by Templeworks Properties LLC (first published October 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Wrinkled Heartbeats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrinkled Heartbeats

Awesome Indies Reviewers
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Widower and war hero George McKlane rattles around his luxury canal-side home in the Palm Beach area of Florida. Rich, yet lonely, his son suggests it’s high time George sold up and downsized. Most folks he meets are deferential, apart from the mobsters, small-time crooks and other slippery customers who seem to inhabit the swamp of what is high end Florida realty.

Alas, something isn’t quite right in paradise when a too good to be true offer on George’s house comes with a few strings attached. A
Temple Williams
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced, with just the right amount of action and intrigue, Wrinkled Hearts mesmerizes and will keep you glued to your seat.
Maria Beltran, Readers’ Favorite

The plot moves at a steady but electric pace, leaving the reader wanting to turn the page to see what happens next.
Paul Johnson, Readers’ Favorite

The presentation of the book is splendid, well laid out, easy to read, and the writing is delightfully descriptive and full of vivid details.
K.C. Finn, Readers’ Favorite

The author creates a richl
Lazarian Wordsmith
Dec 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
I don't normally write reviews, but since Amazon e Mailed me and asked, me to comment and give a star rating to Wrinkled Heartbeats, I am attempting one.

I have an opinion that writers are the worse reviewers. Books are offered to readers and it's their comments we should value. But sometimes a book with a lot of wonderful reader reviews needs a a writer's view as well.

I read this book a few times and remained convinced that it is two books in one: the Korean War tale that perhaps started out to
Sybil Rosen
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I confess I'm not a reader of thrillers, especially the violent ones. Mainly because I don't like blood. And it's hard to read with your hands over your eyes. So it took Temple Emmet Williams' compelling first book, Warrior Patient: How to Deal with Deadly Diseases with Laughter, Good Doctors, Love, and Guts, to get me to pick up his second book, a sophisticated thriller entitled Wrinkled Heartbeats. A complex albeit bloody mystery that sprawls from rural Virginia to Florida's swank Boca Raton, ...more
Lisa Kearns
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Temple Emmet Williams' "Wrinkled Heartbeats" is an action-packed mystery/thriller that I read start to finish in one day, unable to put it down.

I was familiar with the author after reading his first book "Warrior Patient", which tells his first-person struggle with the healthcare system and the way he finally took back control over his health and life (I loved it!). This book is nothing like the first one, but I enjoyed it immensely.

The book is set in modern-day Boca Raton Florida, where an ag
Dhiraj Bharude
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wrinkled Heartbeats by Temple Emmet Williams.
paperback-1395rs
The synopsis distills the story well: ‘A war hero stumbles into a web of money-laundering, lies, and deadly secrets, including the “Gator Pole,” a painful way to make people disappear in Florida’s famous River of Grass, the Everglades. A very generous offer to buy the hero’s luxury home includes an expiration date on his life. The only person who can save him is the person hired to kill him. For the warrior, one of the bloodiest battle
Robert Eggleton
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Action Packed Thriller Navigates Time

Wrinkle Heartbeats is a thoroughly engrossing story that smoothly transitions between present day Florida and the Korean War in 1950. It is a tribute to camaraderie between old friends and war buddies. Animosity builds to the point that you really want the bad guys to get what they deserve and you find yourself loving the heroes.

George McKlane thought that he was ready to sell his house and move into the comfort of an assisted living facility. He was in for
Artemis
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An honest story with a gripping plot and authentic characters

Wrinkled Heartbeats earns this rating with authentic characters facing real life challenges woven into a very entertaining plot, complete with greed, corruption, murder and grand theft. Williams has skillfully interlaced the MC's present day life with flashbacks to his time in Korea as a Marine Captain who earned a Medal of Honor, re-enforcing his integrity and courage as he deals with life as an old timer. Family, friends and former b
Jennifer Andrews
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just finished "Wrinkled Heartbeats". I loved it! The characters were original, richly drawn, and scanned a broad chronological and historical range, giving the book a very rich tapestry. I very much liked the way the author skillfully and smoothly moved the narrative between Boca Raton, Florida in the present and 1950 North Korea. That was an unusual literary device and gives the book a unique cadence. The casting of alligators as supporting bad guys was truly brilliant, very creepy. The autho ...more
Ron Feldman
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Author Temple Emmet Williams of Wrinkled Heartbeats presents a story built on strange events in Boca Raton, Florida that lead to murder and absolute mayhem surrounding a retired decorated military officer. His gang of protectors include a gun-toting house keeper, a medical doctor, a lawyer and secreted from afar is his best protector who stays deep in the shadows and saves his life.

Interesting characters, plot twists and great writing amount to a fast paced, unusual story that engages the reader
Leah Alfree
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading a set of books

I'm really enjoying just said a box I just read the first one but I had already read the second and third. I really like that the author is telling the story in a way that it keeps turning the pages you don't get stuck on the really little tiny details I don't thank is necessary. Oh I can't wait until I get the next book
MiMi
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book. Good developement of characters. I got to know them. The story was interesting & seemed plausible. Good plot, action-packed & moved right along.
Charles Ray
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
George McKlane, a Marine Corps veteran of the Korean War who became wealthy as a derivatives trader, lives alone in a mansion in Florida. He mourns the loss of his wife and has frequent flashbacks to an epic battle of the war, the Marine breakout at Koto-ri, where his life was saved by his senior NCO, Raymond Chapman. His son, a Marine Corps colonel, has suggested that he sell his house and move to a retirement community. When he decides to sell, he’s approached by Anthony Silberg, a shady prope ...more
Shannon Waugh
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a giveaway and I loved it! The fact that it was based mostly here in Florida was a bonus for me. It had twists and the characters were so vividly described, I felt like I could see them in my mind. I would suggest this book to anyone who likes a good mystery, that involves history also(the war heroes, with flashbacks). I will be n the look out for more books from this author.
A.E. Fuhrman
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant! Hidden motives, intertwined pasts, historical flashbacks and plenty of intrigue combine to create a unique thriller. Williams is a master of words. One of the better books I've read this summer. Ignore the poor cover design and read the book!
Kathleen Burns
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Not what I was expecting. Pretty gruesome. I enjoyed the flashbacks to the Korean War. Characters were all engrossing. Just not the book for me. I won't read another of his.
ron holtz
Jan 26, 2017
Doreen Miller
May 07, 2017
Temple Williams
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Alison Cubitt
Steve
Jan 19, 2017
Robyn Cooper
Jul 29, 2018
Making Connections: 4131. WRINKLED HEARTBEATS by Temple Emmet Williams 4 22 Mar 03, 2016 12:15PM
  • Forsaken (Surrender #1)
  • ProHuman Inc (Glitches #4)
  • Magic Man
  • The Globe
  • The Happy Workshop: An Eight Week Journey to Real, Lasting Happiness
  • The Quest of All Ages
  • The Sparrow and The Trees
  • Harrowed (The Woodsview Murders, #1)
  • The Mission
  • Three Lives Down (Dan Taylor #3)
  • Eidolon
  • The Judas Dilemma
  • You Me We ... and the other
Temple is a journalist nominated twice for a Pulitzer, an author, a publisher, and a former editor of The Reader’s Digest. His award-winning books include Warrior Patient, Wrinkled Heartbeats, Poison Heartbeats, and Warrior Patient Heartbeats.

He writes both non-fiction and fiction with humor and the quick, sharp punch of journalistic truth.

Heartbeat (2 books)