Start by marking “I Love You, Sleepyhead” as Want to Read:
I Love You, Sleepyhead

I Love You, Sleepyhead

Look, little child, as the night is unfurled, the animals are going to bed all around the world. As the sun slowly fades and the soft, silver moon rises, the baby animals are snuggling down to sleep while their mommies watch over them. This enchanting lullaby, with breathtakingly real illustrations, makes the perfect bedtime storybook for sleepyheads everywhere.
Published May 1st 2013 by Good Books (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You, Sleepyhead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You, Sleepyhead

Πάνος Τουρλής
Πρόκειται για μια τρυφερή, συγκινητική και πανέμορφη συλλογή μικρών νανουρισμάτων που μπορούν να σιγοψιθυρίσουν οι γονείς στο νυσταγμένο αγγελούδι τους εκείνη την ώρα που παραδίδεται αμαχητί στον ύπνο του. Μέσα από μια κρυφή ματιά που ρίχνει η συγγραφέας στον κόσμο των ζώων και τα υπέροχα, λυρικά στιχάκια που έγραψε δημιουργείται ένα ανεπανάληπτο σύμπαν γλυκύτητας, καλοσύνης και ασφάλειας που τόσο πολύ έχουν ανάγκη τα μικρά παιδιά!

Το βιβλίο, που είναι άλλη μια φροντισμένη έκδοση από την «Κόκκινη
Ashley Adkins
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Very sweet book about bedtime and makes a great bedtime story for the little ones. The art is amazing and makes the illustrators almost look like photographs. I didn't love the format of the text (poem) and although it was rhyming it didn't always seem to flow. Would make a great gift for a new baby.
Denise
Sweet bedtime story.
Angie
Dec 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Synopsis: "As the sun slowly fades and the soft, silver moon rises, the baby animals are snuggling down to sleep while their mommies watch over them. This enchanting lullaby, with breathtakingly real illustrations, makes the perfect bedtime storybook for sleepyheads everywhere."

My Review: This book got a little long for Munchkin but thankfully the stunning illustrations kept him busy on the longer pages. The illustrations really made this book, they are so soft and yet life-like. The tone is gre
Kelsey
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My mum bought me this book for me..when I was about 17. Yes, 17 hahaha she absolutely loved the illustrations, plus I am a sleepyhead AND she loves me, so it seemed like the perfect gift. After I got over my initial surprise, I looked through the book and fell in love with it. The pictures are beautiful. This is not just a children's book; it's for anyone who admires and appreciates great artwork, or anyone who loves cuteness!
Sharon
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is very reminiscent of the book we read to both boys as babies - beautiful illustrations of various animals with little rhymes for each one. I'm always in favor of books that calm the boys down at bedtime.
Joenna
Aug 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler, preschool
So sweet. A series of mother animals put their children to sleep. Rhyming text with soft and beautiful illustrations. Great book for bedtime.
Suzy
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mya
A lovely book for a bedtime story, i enjoyed reading this to my 2 year old daughter, the illustrations are lovely too.
Jenifer
This was such a sweet book and the illustrations are beautiful.
Patrick, Meaghan,
Mary B's favorite
Lori
Oct 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: parents who want a quick bedtime story for little ones
Beautiful illustrations with a poem and different Mommy and baby animal on each page. A very short and sweet bedtime story for little ones.
Julie
Jun 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Beautiful illustrations of animals, mom with baby (or babies), usually cuddling. A bedtime story.
Deb Reddy
rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2014
Sep 30, 2015
Karina
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Cute bedtime story book. Beautiful pictures.
Ally Knowles
Nov 12, 2015
Krista
Sep 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This was a sweet book, with beautiful pictures.
Krista Apgar
Jan 28, 2019
Jennifer Gay
Oct 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I’ve been a writer for over 15 years now, but it wasn’t planned!

I had a variety of jobs, including secretary, trainee buyer at Harrods, dental nurse, production assistant in a reprographic and printing company and various others.

I began to write after joining a creative writing class. I had no success with article writing, or short stories, or fiction, but the first children’s story I wrote, for a