Start by marking “The Runner-Up Presidency: The Elections That Defied America's Popular Will (and How Our Democracy Remains in Danger)” as Want to Read:

An entertaining and important account of presidential elections in which the winner of the popular vote lost or came all too close to losing, focusing on the Constitutional Convention in 1787, the disputed elections of 1876 and 2000, the deadlocks of 1800 and 1824 (when the elections were thrown to the House of Representatives) and the close call during the tumultuous year ...more
Published March 1st 2016 by Lyons Press

To ask other readers questions about The Runner-Up Presidency, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Runner-Up Presidency

Start your review of The Runner-Up Presidency: The Elections That Defied America's Popular Will (and How Our Democracy Remains in Danger)
Michael Kovan
Dec 10, 2015
Leigh Koonce
Feb 19, 2016
Kait
Feb 26, 2016
MARK WESTON
Mark Weston’s new book, Prophets and Princes – Saudi Arabia from Muhammad to the Present, was published by John Wiley & Sons in the fall of 2008. Britain’s New Statesman magazine called it “always intelligent,” and Saudi Aramco World magazine said Weston “writes sensitively about the post-9/11 era.”

While researching his book, Weston was a Visiting Scholar at the King Faisal Center f

News & Interviews