Start by marking “Brain Surfing: The Top Marketing Strategy Minds in the World” as Want to Read:
Brain Surfing: The Top Marketing Strategy Minds in the World

Brain Surfing: The Top Marketing Strategy Minds in the World

Heather LeFevre set out on an expedition to apprentice herself with today's most brilliant marketing strategists, traveling from Beijing to Seattle. The twist? She lived with each of these mentors, in their homes, commuting to work with them each day, and uncovering their principles for building many of the world's most respected and profitable brands.

Brain Surfing is a bo
Published November 11th 2015 by I've Got the Fever (first published October 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Brain Surfing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brain Surfing

Start your review of Brain Surfing: The Top Marketing Strategy Minds in the World
Seth Odell
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was fairly middle of the road for me. While I appreciated the author's candor and recognize how her personal story was very much driving her project, I kept waiting for more substance from the folks she spent time with. Perhaps it was the people, or just the narrative style, but I felt far more time was spent talking about the settings, the meals, the travel, etc, rather than the lessons learned from the folks she apprenticed with.

It read to me more like a long blog post than a market
Willem van der Horst
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Brain Surfing is a fantastic combination of some of my favourite topics: travelling and marketing / advertising strategy. I always enjoy meeting fellow strategists around the world with whom I have interesting and enriching conversations over coffee, so this is like a concentrated expresso drip version of coffee meeting goodness in one book I wouldn't be able to find anywhere else.

Heather has gathered and synthesized learnings from nine amazing professionals from different parts of the world, th
Louise
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this book. It's filled with an endless amount insight and inspiration. I ended up reading it with a pen and paper in hand, something I've rarely been compelled to do.

It's a must read for anyone in strategy...
Sagnik Ghosh
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great experiment! Completely enthused by reading it. Hope planners pick it up.
Marianna Zelichenko
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a true gem if you want food for thought on marketing related topics. I stretched it out for a chapter a day and spent nine delicious mornings savouring the content. Generally I rate non-fiction books based on two elements: how engaging is it to read and how much did I highlight (= amount of learning). Well, the book is practically green pink, it's left me with new ideas, new books I want to read, new habits to develop and new insights about my own business.

Having read all this you m
Manan Younas
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book overall

It's a good book overall, however, it's not a book on marketing strategy. Heather has interviewed 9 marketing strategist from 6 countries. She has not follow a rigid pattern of questions, instead, she has kept her mind open. This has made the book an interesting read. She vists and stays with these people to get a glimpse into their life and thinking process.

The Good : Heather went on a self-discovery kind of world tour, trying to understand what other people ( marketing profes
Brett McDonald
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're a strategist or aspiring to be a strategist, I recommend picking this one up. Heather spends a chapter summarizing the highlights of her stay with each host and unlike every other marketing book, she doesn't over emphasize the point. I felt like I was on the journey with her. Insightful, enjoyable, applicable and most of all, inspirational.
Andjelka Jankovic
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting insights into the world of ad agencies from strategy - with surprisingly heartwarming moments when Heather is very real about her observations, struggles and learnings.

I like the recurring sentiment that time is the most precious non-renewable resource we have.
Krystal
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Immediately useful and inspiring for seasoned and aspiring strategists alike. Makes you feel a lot of love and respect for our kind.
Nina Sclafani
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best marketing book I have read yet.
Ava
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Excellent read for anyone interested in brand strategy, and marketing in general. It’s a very interesting cross-cultural informal report of how various agencies around the world function and devise their brand strategies in their respective markets. This IS NOT a professional detailed report, rather a personal account of her experience, told from the perspective of a brand strategy veteran in search of inspiration who stayed open-minded and reminds us to be too!
paula garcia melo
Amazing

Everyone should read. It inspires us to become a better person, stand up and look for new experiences and perspective.
Djuana
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, inspirational book about travel, career change, and always being open to learning something new.
brona kilkelly
Jan 05, 2017
Theo Erasmus
Nov 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Brain Audit: Why Customers Buy (and Why They Don't)
  • The Challenger Customer: Selling to the Hidden Influencer Who Can Multiply Your Results
  • How to Price Your Platypus: Using an Understanding of Customer Psychology to Maximise Prices
  • The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation
  • The Great Mental Models, Volume 2: Physics, Chemistry and Biology
  • Choice Factory: 25 Behavioural Biases That Influence What We Buy
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • Decoded: The Science Behind Why We Buy
  • Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt
  • 101 contrarian Ideas About Advertising
  • When We Were Vikings
  • How Brands Grow: What Marketers Don't Know
  • Mycelium Running: How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World
  • The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Design the Future
  • This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • The Physics of Brand: Understand the Forces Behind Brands That Matter
  • Natural Born Heroes: How a Daring Band of Misfits Mastered the Lost Secrets of Strength and Endurance
  • Labels