Start by marking “Beta Test (#gaymers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beta Test (#gaymers, #2)

Beta Test

(#gaymers #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2,017 ratings  ·  351 reviews
Player vs. Player. Fight!

Brilliant graphic designer Ravi Tandel is ahead of the game—he's just been asked to present a top secret project at a huge conference in Seattle. All systems are go…until he learns his buttoned-up office nemesis is coming along for the ride.

Tristan Jones isn't really the gamer type, but he knows the back end of the video game business inside out. T
Published May 30th 2016 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Beta Test, please sign up.
Skye Kilaen Having read both the 1st and 2nd in this series, I'd say yes. There are no spoilers, cliffhangers, etc. involved and the couple from the first book…moreHaving read both the 1st and 2nd in this series, I'd say yes. There are no spoilers, cliffhangers, etc. involved and the couple from the first book only appears briefly in this book.(less)

really liked it 4.00  ·

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Ravi is color and charm. He has a million friends and can draw anything. Even his doodles are art.

So what if his traditional Hindu mom and grandma pretend he's not gay a decade after he came out? He lives life on his own terms. And if Ravi can't bear to be alone, well, no one has to know.

Years after his older brother's death, Tristan still lives his life to please his conservative parents. (His one rebellion is taking his Stanford MBA and "wasting" it working on video games.) He prefers folder
Judith
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars.

Ravi

I've got to be honest I really struggled with this one initially.I just couldn't get into it but I'm so glad I carried on because when I got a third of the way through I really started to enjoy it.

Tristan

Ravi and Tristan are both hired at the same time by a Video Game Developer.They are complete opposites...

Ravi is definitely an extrovert.He's flamboyant,very popular and has a large number of friends.
His family know he's gay but are kind of in denial,still hoping he's going to mee
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I really, really love Annabeth Albert, and I'm SO pleased with her newest story in the fab #gaymers series. This is another great story for those of us who LOVE geeks, opposites attract, and slow-burn romance.

Where Tristan is quiet, obsessively organized, and introverted, Ravi craves people and energy. Ravi is a big explosion of life and brightness, and Tristan is a harder nut to crack. I was curious as to how Annabeth Albert was going to bring these two guys together, but she did in a glorious,
Gigi

I didn't love this like so many of my friends did. I did like it, but...

I had a hard time with Ravi and Tristan's inner monologues. Both had reasons they thought made it impossible to have a relationship, but the friends-with-benefits sex knocked them both off their feet so they continued their sexual relationship way past the expiration date. And it made them both miserable. Both wanted to make it work and eventually they both thought the other was the reason they couldn't be together
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4.25 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're the one who said you can't be dating a coworker."

"I know what I said. But, you have to admit--this thing between us doesn't seem to be going away."

"It's not."

"I don't want to stop seeing you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Tristan Jones has been trying to make his conservative parents happy ever since the loss of his older brother. That is why Tristan keeps to himself and hides the fact that
.Lili.
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo image.jpg1_zpsfbgpehfl.jpg

Annabeth Albert has written a great opposites attracts, friends to lovers story. Ravi and Tristan are like night and day. Ravi is social and flashy while Tristan is cautious and introverted. They get stuck working on a project together that forces them to go on a road trip together. They expected it to be awkward and to drive each other nuts but in the end, it turned out to be the opposite. They ended up enjoying each others company, and the sexual tension between them build with every second th
BWT (Belen)
I got the ARC for this story pretty late in the evening and decided I would be a responsible adult, knowing that I had to work in the morning, and only read one chapter before bed. Five chapters later I was hooked and I'd made myself into a dirty lying liar who lies. Because who was I kidding? I wasn't putting this down. I mean, do you know how hard it is to create a follow up to a book like Status Update, which I found awesome, entertaining and a 5 Star read and then do it even better?

MyGodThatsAmazing

While Rav
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from publisher via Netgalley*

I swear there is just something about Annabeth’s writing that feels like a warm cozy blanket on a chilly night. For its length, everything was just right. I didn’t wish it to be longer, nor did I think of it as too short.

Tristan is so adorkable with his methods and systems. Ravi is like the cool kid in the class. It's dual POV so you have access to both their mindsets. Tristan cannot get any more "WASP-y" than he already is, and Ravi brings in his own
Ingie
Review written August 27, 2016

3.3 Stars - Adorable NA M/M fluff for goodfeel days

I really enjoyed reading #1-Status Update (3.8 stars) in this M/M #gaymers serie. Then is was about Adrian & Noah, a road trip and their cute dogs. — Half a year later, book #2 and hopefully a new interesting couple in Tristan & Ravi.

photo image.jpg1_zpseadxs8bu.jpg

With big hopes I downloaded the 6:13 hours audiobook narrated by Sean Crisden. A narrator I know since earlier often does it well enough. So also this time.

******************
Ele
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this one way more than the first book in the series, which bored me out of my mind. There was tension here, and the MCs were extremey likeable, at least to me.

I didn't care for the road trip, I didn't care for the game details, or the office romance. For me, this book was all about the characters.

I liked that these two start out like real enemies. Not "I dislike you but I want to bone you" enemies. But "you really piss me off, get out of my sight" enemies.

I completely fell in love with T
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***2.5 Stars***

"It's not what you fight over, it's what you fight for."

This was a sweet opposites attract and enemies to lovers office romance.

I enjoyed the book, even if it was predictable and a little too heavy on the gaming and work details for my liking.

But, I think my biggest hurdle is that I just didn't buy into Tristan and Ravi's connection. It's like listening to the stove pilot clicking, but the spark never ignites. No flame. No fire.

Also, with Tristan's lack of experience with se
Jewel
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I was pretty torn as to how I should rate this book. On one hand, I had a lot of trouble connecting with the MC's. But on the other hand, they were struggling to keep family happy while trying to figure out if they could really be themselves. That struggle is so real and heartbreaking.

I very much enjoyed the gaming aspect and I loved the interactions of both MC's (and their smexytimes were deliciously hot), but they both also had personality traits that I had trouble connecting with.

I a
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
Arc provided via Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

I haven't read the 1st book of the #gaymers series yet or anything by this author until this book, so this arc was one of those spur of the moment decisions, but once I started I could not stop. Fast-paced, fun, steamy and emotional hate-to-love story with endearing, down to earth characters.

At first glance Tristan & Ravi couldn't be more different from each other. Ravi, the top video game dev
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ***

Beta Test was a pretty low-angst story about two very different men who surprised everyone – including themselves – by fitting together perfectly in all the ways that matter.

Uptight, repressed loner Tristan, and stylish, confident social butterfly Ravi may be character types that I’ve seen paired up a million times before, but I love a good office romance and the way Albert wove their backstories, family interactions, initial personality clashes, and chemistry throughout the s
CrabbyPatty
Beta Test is the second book in Annabeth Albert's #gaymers series, but if you haven't read Status Update, no worries. This book can easily be read as a stand-alone.

Ravi and Tristan meet as new employees at Christopher Exploration Industries, the developer of Space Villager, an online RPG - Ravi as a graphic designer and Tristan in brand management. Ravi, of the lime green skinny jeans, purple loafers and Elvis-esque poofy hair, is the cool kid, while Tristan is the King of the Spreadsheet, or as
Annika
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

Well, well, well... she did it again.
The third book I've read from this author, and the third that I rated 4 stars.

Hard to believe it took me over half a year to actually finish this book. When I first picked it up in April 2016, I apparently wasn't in the right mood. I was bored and didn't feel invested enough to continue on reading, so I put it on hold.
The second time I picked it up, two days ago, I found myself immersed immediately.

Granted, Annabeth Albert's books aren't anything new or uni
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Another win for this series!

Ravi and Tristan may start off as adversaries, but a forced working situation reveals all sorts. As they get to know each other, those harsh feelings are quickly squashed and are replaced by admiration and desire.

Keeping in line with the enjoyable fluff factor, this had just enough angst to propel the story forward, as it touches on fear of truly coming out and being proud, as well as tough family dynamics. Of course it doesn't hurt that there's some fabulous, smexy
Arch Bala
I really loved the slow buildup of the romance here. I loved that we get their personality first through alternating point of views and there’s just something nice on how they connected through sex at first and on an emotional level as well. I loved how Ravi brought Tristan’s confidence back and how he didn’t push him too far. I loved that Ravi’s Hindu background was brought up. It was a breath of fresh air when there is diversity with the main characters in books. I loved that he’s not spinele ...more
Susan
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
I really liked this!

It was fun.

It was cute.

It was sexy.
Adam
Coworkers Ravi Tandel and Tristan Jones have little in common, and little love to spare for one another. Ravi is laid back, spontaneous, popular, and openly gay. Tristan, on the other hand, plays strictly by the book, is highly organized, doesn’t have many friends, and is practically still in the closet. The two clash whenever they have to work with each other, and so keep their interactions to a minimum.

So when Ravi and Tristan are forced to take a road trip together in order to represent thei
May 10, 2016 rated it liked it

3.5 Stars

Sweet read!

Annabeth Albert’s Beta Test introduces us to Tristan and Ravi. Two opposite personalities that somehow fit together. Tristan’s conservative, put it in a spread-sheet style clicked and sparked off of Ravi’s hip, say-it-show-it charm perfectly. Their differences made the getting to know you parts of this book very fun! Awkwardness and unease slowly turning to friendship and more. It felt natural and sexy. I liked watching these two share time. Talking, working, road-tripping to
L.A. Witt
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
*another happy sigh*
Jaime
5 stars

❥❥**)
.•.•*) .•*)
(.• (.•`*Review Copy provided by Carina Press in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Jaime from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription
Meags
4 Stars

A light enemies-to-lovers vibe, a mini road trip, a gaming convention, an office romance and two geeks steaming it up between the sheets - seriously, what more could you ask for?

I even daresay this book was better than its predecessor, which is no easy feat. Yet another thoroughly enjoyable read from the always impressive Annabeth Albert.
Tess
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Road-trip/office romance. I was loving this for the first half - the road trip and the gaming convention - but I lost interest a little in the second half. Still an enjoyable read.
Josy
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first one (maybe I missed the dogs, lol) but still a great read!!
On to the next one :)
Maria Rose
Annabeth Albert is quickly becoming my go-to author for nice guy romances. You know, the ordinary guys, doing their jobs, looking for that one person who gets them and can deal with their quirks and flaws. There are no billionaires and no alpha-holes here. Each plot of her stories that I’ve read to date has been interesting, character driven and full of friendly, down to earth people. That’s what we get here in her latest story in the Gaymers series, Beta Test. The title works on all levels, dea ...more
Angie Elle
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to CARINA PRESS for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Beta Test is the second installment of Annabeth Albert’s #gaymers series, and as much as I loved the first book, I loved this one even more. Just like Status Update, Beta Test has a sweet feel to it throughout the entire story. While Ravi and Tristan may have been at odds, it’s clear they aren’t out for anything bad to happen to the other. I was instantly charmed by Tristan. His organizational s
~Kristin~
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
This was a sweet story, I always enjoy reading about the geeky gamers.
Alona
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
DNF @50%
Unfortunately I couldn't connect and was bored.
  • Mature Content (Cyberlove, #4)
  • Reckless Hope (Letting Go, #2)
  • Bitter Taffy (Candy Man, #2)
  • Say It Right (All Saints, #2)
  • Antisocial
  • Coach's Challenge (Scoring Chances, #5)
  • The Lodestar of Ys
  • Daily Grind (Takeover, #4)
  • Red Dirt Heart 3 (Red Dirt, #3)
  • Midwinter Night's Dream (Unwrapping Hank #2)
  • True Colors (True Love, #2)
  • Sunset Park (Five Boroughs, #2)
  • Between a Rock and a Hard Place (Bend or Break, #6-7)
  • Viscount's Wager (Gambling on Love, #3)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

#gaymers (5 books)
  • Status Update (#gaymers, #1)
  • Holiday Escape (#gaymers #2.5)
  • Connection Error (#gaymers, #3)
  • Tease Me (#gaymers, #3.6)
“It had been so long since he'd been tempted that he felt as dry as the Northern California landscape, one spark away from complete devastation.” 3 likes
“He didn't want to be Tristan's friend; he wanted to be Tristan's everything.” 3 likes