Start by marking “Ashes (New World #2)” as Want to Read:
Ashes (New World #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Ashes

(New World #2)

Legend meets The Giver in the harrowing second installment of The New World Series by Jennifer Wilson.

After Phoenix, a 17-year-old orphan rogue, sacrifices herself for her loved ones, her world again takes an unexpected turn. She may have forgotten her past, but it hasn't forgotten her. A war is coming and her role in it will be pivotal.

That is... if she survives.

The highl
Paperback, 2nd, 277 pages
Published June 7th 2016 by Oftomes Publishing (first published September 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Ashes, please sign up.

Start your review of Ashes (New World #2)
Ben Alderson
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book a while ago, but did not want to review it till after it was out and people... ITS NOW OUT.

This is a stunning sequel to New World Rising, a novel that took my breath away on so many levels. Filled with action, suspense and intrigue this dystopian world is truly amazing. It is unlike anything I have read before but is by far my new favourite dystopian series. I recommend you all check it out!
Casey Ann Books
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whereas new world: rising had this dark gritty feel to it, new world: Ashes is a ball of bright white light in comparison...and yes, that's partially due the stark white settings of the sanctuary, picking up where we left off in book 1.

The first chapter packed a punch and set the tone of the book very nicely, introducing the formidable, hatable character of The Minister and not least because of his connection with Phoenix.

As in many ways with a lot of book 2's it's a lot of set up for book three
Kori Sulewski (korireads)
I don’t even know where to start – what a BRILLIANT sequel! After the cliffhanger in New World Rising, I immediately picked this one up. From page one, it hooked me. It was dark, gritty, emotional, action-packed, and just all around incredible. One of my new favorite dystopian series, by far.

Let’s start with how incredible the character development was. We see a whole new side of Phoenix – where she gives herself up to save those she loves and then struggles to survive. As much as I loved this b
Taylor Knight
New World series is definitely one of the best dystopia reads that I've come across in a long time!
It was fast paced and interesting. I loved the writing and the characters were awesome.
I really liked the first book but Ashes is insane. I couldn't put this boo down and I would stay up late at night so I could find out what would happen next. I normally don't like sequels as much as the first book but Ashes has blown me away. It's just as good if not better than Rising. I loved the plot and the
⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess)
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopia, own
The sequel to New World: Rising picked off right where the first book had ended, and it kept it's fast pacing and gripping storyline. I quite enjoyed this second book in the New World trilogy! There was one big issue I had with it though.

The book managed to keep me engaged at all time and it was a fast and exciting read. There were action scenes, new characters and mysteries to uncover about Phoenix' past. The writing was fluent and I enjoyed that for once, we have a ya dystopian that's NOT writ
Alyssa
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERY SINGLE BEING WHO INHALES OXYGEN
Shelves: 5-stars, wish-list
It is the day after I read this book and the euphoria after reading this is still within me. I’ve tried to type up a proper review (this will be my 4th attempt) but I just can’t because FEELINGSSS. So instead, I’ll write the top 5 reasons why you need this freaking amazing book in your life.

FIVE REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND READ NEW WORLD: ASHES (That was a mouthful. Heh)

1. First book was UHH-MAAAY-ZIIIING! This is the second book in the New World trilogy so you have to rea
Marina :)
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG THAT ENDING!!

(I'm sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes etc. because English is not my first language!)

First to the characters: The characters in this book do not seem flat but with many facets like real humans; especially Phoenix and Mouse stood out to me!

Phoenix: She is a stubborn and strong character, which fits perfectly to her way of thinking and behaving in certain situations. I love her evolution from book one to book two: She was lonely and only cared for herself to survive in
Sophia Hanson
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Wilson has done it again! She managed to decimate my heart, then piece it back together again. ASHES picks up where RISING left off, with our scrappy heroine Phoenix in the clutches of The Sanctuary. In order to survive and protect those she loves, she must endure physical and psychological torture at the hands of The Minister. In the pages of ASHES, Wilson takes us on a harrowing journey through her unique dystopian universe. We see it all through the eyes of a young woman who has been ...more
Jennifer Wilson
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: http://www.thenewworldseries.com/?pag...
As the author you must always love your own books, so yes I say 5 stars. I think I actually like this one even more than Rising... weird right?!
Abbie
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Actual rating - 3.5

A decent and enjoyable second installment.
Chelsea Anne
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hour 12 of my 24 hour reading challenge.
Was more of a 4.5 star rating until things heated up a lot more towards the end, definitely my favourite series. The first one will always have first place in my heart but I still loved this one! I'm now off to buy the third book so I can find out what happens!!
Hikari Loftus
New World: Ashes 3.5/5 Stars

Ashes picks up immediately after Rising, with Phoenix and her friends in desperate and dangerous circumstances. AND….that’s about all you’ll get from me on a synopsis because I don’t want to spoil anything in Rising for you. Haha.

I have to say, the first 70 pages of Ashes were emotionally difficult for me. There is a lot of violence, things that will infuriate you, and wave after wave of bleak circumstances. If you’re like me and have difficulty with reading like that
Rachel Gunter
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 4.5 stars

New World: Ashes by Jennifer Wilson is the second book in the New World trilogy. I often find that middle books drag a bit, like they're filler books. But that definitely wasn't the case with this book. It was just as exciting and action packed as the first book.

This book follows on from the first with Phoenix being held captive in The Sanctuary by the formidable Minister. The Minister is a really evil man! He tortures people, and has kids fighting against each other to be part
Vienna
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this series! It's really fast paced (so don't start it if you actually have to study, haha) and I really need to know what's going to happen next (we need to wait a year for that.. sigh :p). I loved all of the (well some more than others, obviously) and so shocked all the time!

The only two reasons why I can't give this series 5 stars is because 1. The girl falls in love with the instructor (as we have seen in so many dystopians already, so I would have loved to see a turn on
Saki
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5? 4?⭐
enjoyed the book, despite similarity to divergent, hunger games and legend 😆
i would probably rate it higher had i not read it after those 3 series and i really hope the final book would not disappoint.
bookishromance
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Safe to say Jennifer knows how to write a freaking good book! I can't wait for the next one and I know for a fact shit is gonna go down!
Fiona
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Can't wait for New World Inferno
Raul
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This installment was a little slower than the previous one, but this series still continues to be one of my favorite YA dystopians. I enjoyed the character development and Triven and Phoenix are growing on me more. I continue to love the writing style. Jennifer Wilson definitely has a way with words. This book served as a way to build up to what I've been wanting from the begining. I'm so excited to finish this series!!
Lexi // libraryoflexi
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! While I did like the first book more this one had a lot more plot building and setting up for the final book.
WHICH SHIT IS GONNA HIT THE FAN FOR. HOLY COW. I DON'T KNOW IF MY BODY IS READY.

Also Phoenix/Prea is still the biggest and toughest badass out there and deserves 5 stars for herself as a character.
She is ridiculously well written. Omg. I have all the feels.
Dreximgirl
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I seriously love this book! I love the characters, I love the world building, I love it all. This was not as action packed as the previous one but we learnt so much. And that cliffhanger ending once again! Jennifer is too damn good at those!
Story of a Book Reader
The mind is a dangerous place. When left alone too long with our own inner demons, we can easily fall prey to their deception.

DNF: 42%
It's not that I think this book is bad, I'm just not in the mood right now. But I will definitely be picking this book back up someday, in the near future (I hope).

But one thing I do know about love - no one, no one has the right to tell you what your heart knows.
Anna (Unquenchable Reads)
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my blog. To check out more like it, or to read more posts from me, go to www.unquenchablereads.wordpress.com

**** I was sent an earc to review from the author/publish. All of my thoughts are my honest opinion.******

Edition: e-ARC

Pages: 307

Series or Standalone: Series, New World #2

Published: June 7th, 2016

Publisher: Of Tomes

Goodreads Synopsis: "After Phoenix, a 17-year-old orphan rogue, sacrifices herself for her loved ones, her world again takes an unexpected
Sakina Zulfiqar
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
New World Ashes, like New World Rising, was a mind blowing, action packed dystopian book. But unlike, New World Rising, it wasn't set in the dark gritty alleys of the horrific and dystopian Tartarus. In this book, we go beyond The Wall to The Sanctuary, aka Utopia. Jennifer's ideas are so creative and unique, painting beautiful strokes of the perfect plot. New World Ashes started off with blissfully painful writing and ended with a banging cliff hanger. Jennifer did a wonderful job picking up th ...more
Georgi_Lvs_Books
5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

What an amazing sequel to the New World Series by Jennifer Wilson.

I NEED Inferno (book 3) in my hands now!!!

Full of so much suspense and action. That Phoenix is one tuff lady!

Brilliant.

Fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent will love this.
Baker St Shelves
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was excited for this book for a few months now. I thoroughly enjoyed the first and this one didn't disappoint me! More action and twists than before! And once again, I love Wilson's writing style. How she flows from one scene to the next is very cinematic and I loved it.
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just like its predecessor, New World Ashes was a fast paced, heart pumping, wild ride of a book. There are a great mix of characters that you want to love or hate. I really enjoyed this book, and I'm so looking forward to the next installment.
Blanca
Apr 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
I know this comes out in a few weeks, but the waiting is figuratively killing me!
ryder
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story..

This was a great book in this series. It is fast paced and reads quickly. Much better book then the first one. Looking forward to the ending....
Samantha
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed :) ..will patiently await the next book...
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Sandcastle Empire
  • The Hearts We Sold
  • Catching Stars
  • Heart of Flames (Crown of Feathers #2)
  • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • I Hope You Get This Message
  • The Cursed Sea (The Glass Spare, #2)
  • The Kingdom of Back
  • Amber & Dusk (Amber & Dusk, #1)
  • Witchy
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • Among the Unseen (The Thin Veil, #3)
  • Winterwood
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
  • From Twinkle, with Love
When Jennifer is not writing, she is enjoying life in Colorado, rock climbing, camping, exploring new foods, playing with her golden retriever, Duke, and sharing her life with her wonderful husband.

New World (3 books)
  • New World Rising (New World Series, #1)
  • New World Inferno (New World Series #3)