Start by marking “Horimiya, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Horimiya, Vol. 1

Horimiya, Vol. 1

(Horimiya #1)

At school, Kyouko Hori is known for being smart, attractive, and popular. On the other hand, her classmate, the boring, gloomy Izumi Miyamura tends to get painted as a "loser fanboy." But when a liberally pierced and tattooed (not to mention downright gorgeous) Miyamura appears unexpectedly on the doorstep of secretly plain-Jane homebody Hori, these two similarly dissimila ...more
Published October 27th 2015 by Yen Press World (first published March 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Horimiya, Vol. 1, please sign up.
Kelly Erickson You asked this 6 months ago so I hope you figured it out, but it's available at regular bookstores

Raeleen Lemay
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphicomanga
I'm so glad I finally picked this up! It was super cute and I've already ordered volume 2 ^_^
Sanaa
[5 Stars] This was so freaking adorable I just can't.
Aisyah ♡
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though you still have to wait for the monthly updates, this manga is definitely worth it. Horimiya is just full of awesomeness!~

MFW Everytime there's an update...

Laura Evlolle
Es war so gut und niedlich und omg. Ich freue mich so auf die nächsten Bände!
Tamara
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Everyone has a side of themselves they dont want other people to see.”

This manga is shounen with shojo feel and unexpectedly pretty good..

The Premise: Hori-san contrary to her appearance at school, is a makeup-free housewife (looks after her brother) at home.

In complete contrast to the gloomy and some-what boring image he maintains at school, Miyamura-kun styles his hair and shows off his piercings on weekends.

Due to a short series of events, they’ve found out about each others hidden sides
MLE
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: liz, manga
Super cute!

description
Yue
It's been a long time since I've read such a nice shoujo. Lately all I find are cliche, supposedly romantic but just really ridiculous shoujos, where the MC (a "nice, naive" girl) falls for the first guy who is nice to her. Then follows ridiculous amount of tears and angst. Thank God for ホリミヤ! (which is the portmanteau of Hori and Miyamura)

This manga is about a pretty girl who befriends the "dark, creepy" guy from her classmate. Only that Miyamura is anything but creepy. He is a kind boy who, be
Gesine
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas-read
Sehr lustig, ich freue mich schon auf den zweiten Band! 🙌
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

I picked this one up after it was suggested at a book club meeting a while ago! I thought it was pretty cute and a good intro into a story that I'd probably enjoy! I found it a little chaotic and hard to read/understand at times, but I'm not sure if it's just because some things got lost in translation? I definitely want to continue with this one though as I've been itching for a new manga series to get into!
Stephanie Gillespie
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, manga, romance
I READ IT AND IT WAS ALL LIGHT AND FLUFFY AND NOW IM KINDA CRYING I NEED THE NEXT ISSUE!!!! Go read horimiya <3
Maria Kth
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
in the beginning it was quite plain and boring
yet it got better and better, the characters being extremely cute making me go 'awww' a few times.
M N
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*has died of fangirling*
This was the sweetest, cutest, and most freaking adorable thing EVER!!
chloe ✨
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads, manga
So adorable!!
Lauren
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute manga! The drawings were superb and the depiction of Miyamura <3

I’m only giving it 4 stars though because it wasn’t as straightforward to read as the other manga I have read (Orange and Dreamin’ Sun).

Still this was an adorable read and I will definitely be carrying on with the series.

Full RTC
Selena
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Selena by: Jesse Moore
This is the kind of manga that I love. Not a whole lot happens, but the characters are fun to "hang out" with and make it a good read. I wouldn't call the characters "quirky" so much as "fun."

Not sure how long this series can keep up the light-hearted slice-of-life, but I hope it's for a few more volumes. :)
Roya MD
حس می کنم قرن هاست که رومنس نخوندم :| مخصوصاً از نوع مانگا-طورش. هیچ وقت خیلی دوست نداشتم؛ ولی خب نمی تونم انکار کنم که خوندن چیزای رومنس تقریبا شاد، هر از گاهی واقعا لازمه. مثل یه جور خونه ی شکلاتی می مونه که آدم پناه ببره بهش و انرژی بگیره. ببینیم جلوتر چی میشه.
پی نوشت: من از آرت استایل و اینا سر در نمیارم، ولی کیوته!
✦ Maica ✦
I looooove this! Such a great beginning. Hori and Miyamura are more similar than they think. They are both hiding their double lives others. (But I honestly don't understand why. Hori being very homely isn't something that's embarrassing. I can understand why Miyamura does it though. Japan still frowns down upon people with tattoos and such) I love the fact he's gaining more friends! <3 Baby Miyamura deserves all the love.
Glire
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
El principio no me convencía demasiado pero luego ¡sí que me atrapó!

Una historia tierna y encantadora, que entremezcla amor, familia y amistad en tiempos de clases. Mi tipo de manga favorito <3
Deborah Embury
This was so freakin cute!! I loved the art style, characters, dialogue- all of it! Would highly recommend if you want a contemporary, fluffy manga.
Hitarthi Pandya
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
haha lol this came in my recommendations and i just realised that i have actually read the whole thing (what was published until 2016)
Miriam
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic, ya
Sweet! Very different in tone from "Mars" but reminiscent in that there appears to be no real plot and barely even events, simply the observation of individuals interacting.
Mary
I bet everybody has a side they don't show anyone else.

Along the lines of His and Her Circumstances and Switch Girl, Horimiya takes the idea of what would happen if two people saw each other outside of school in extremely different ways. This is of course a romance but ROFL it was licensed under Yen Press so for any guys who love this series, which I know there are, they can't say they don't like shojo now considering this is LITERALLY shojo.

It's cute, the two main characters are great both by t
Jocilyn
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Without reviewing everything I've ever read, I have to think this is the absolute best shoujo I've ever read written by a man. It's extremely funny, cute, heartwarming, romantic, you name it. I was floored with how well written it is. I admit to thinking it's probably slightly better in Japanese than it is in English, but that being said it's incredibly strong in English too. The main plot is similar to Kare Kano, but different enough not to really seem derivative necessarily. One thing i didn't ...more
Summer
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a sucker for a good shoujo manga. Yes they are tropey and overly saccharine once you've read a lot of them in a row. But I love them anyways. You just have to take them in smaller doses. Anyways. This was cute. It reminded me of Kare Kano/His and Her Circumstances a little bit.
Kien
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not ashamed.
Yes it's high school romance, but it's also top top qualitee high school romance.
Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros)
Tão fofooooooos!
Valery Tikappa
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Horimiya è una commedia scolastica che mi ha sorpresa per la sua indole divertente e tenera.
Hori e Miyamura sono due liceali che, per una serie di motivi, a scuola preferiscono l'apparenza piuttosto che la sostanza, ed entrambi fingono di esser qualcosa che non sono.
Almeno, questo accade fin quando non si scontrano mentre bene in mostra è la loro vera natura e saranno costretti a calare le maschere e conoscersi per davvero.
Con delle premesse così, era ovvio che avrei adorato questo primo volume,
Meriana
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sudah baca vol. 1-4

Salah satu komik romcom favorit saya. Pacenya pas, nggak penuh konflik berlarut-larut seperti sinetron, tapi juga nggak secepat kilat terburu nafsu. Romance anak abg yg lebay [i](dimana anak-anaknya cuman ngurus cinta seenak perut tanpa mikir sekolah dan ortu/keluarga)[/i] [b]tidak akan anda temukan[/b] di sini. Yang disajikan adalah romance malu-malu kucing kesukaan saya. Dan saya berharap bisa tetap polos seperti itu 😄 Kalo iya,, bisa nambah jadi 5 bintang.

Selain itu juga ad
Ken Yuen
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-read
Fun slice of life manga. I like the hidden identities that the protagonists share. Something about this series reminds me of KareKano (His and Her Circumstances). Pretty funny too. I like how weird Miyamura is, he's full of surprises. Cat Miyamura, nya.
Natalie Grace
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, humor, manga, romance, ya
This is by far one of the best shoujo mangas out there. It's just so perfect and simple. There's no sappy over the top drama, just two adorable people who fall for each other. It's funny, sweet & super charming!
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Horimiya 1 2 Aug 18, 2017 12:15AM
Shounen Manga Boo...: Horimiya 8 21 Jun 06, 2017 05:46PM
  • たいようのいえ 1 [Taiyou no Ie 1]
  • ひるなかの流星 3 [Hirunaka no Ryuusei 3]
  • ラストゲーム 1 (Last Game, #1)
  • 日々蝶々 1 (Hibi Chouchou, #1)
  • 高嶺と花 1 (Takane to Hana #1)
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 2
  • 月刊少女野崎くん 1 [Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 1] (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, #1)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 3 (Strobe Edge, #3)

Horimiya (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • ホリミヤ 2 (Horimiya #2)
  • ホリミヤ 3 (Horimiya #3)
  • ホリミヤ 4 (Horimiya #4)
  • ホリミヤ 5 (Horimiya #5)
  • ホリミヤ 6 (Horimiya, #6)
  • ホリミヤ 7 (Horimiya, #7)
  • ホリミヤ 8 (Horimiya, #8)
  • ホリミヤ 9 (Horimiya, #9)
  • ホリミヤ 10 (Horimiya, #10)
  • ホリミヤ 11 (Horimiya, #11)
“If you don't want to know someone, then you will never really know them.” 8 likes