Start by marking “The Sleeping Prince (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sleeping Prince (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #2)

The Sleeping Prince (The Sin Eater’s Daughter #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  2,866 Ratings  ·  534 Reviews
Return to the darkly beautiful world of The Sin Eater's Daughter with a sequel that will leave you awed, terrified . . . and desperate for more.

Ever since her brother Lief disappeared, Errin's life has gone from bad to worse. Not only must she care for her sick mother, she has to scrape together rent money by selling illegal herbal cures. But none of that compares to the t
Published February 4th 2016 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about The Sleeping Prince, please sign up.
Pamela Melinda herself tweeted on the evening of June 4th, 2016 that she had just finished the 1st draft. As far as I know, No. 3 is expected in 2017.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I fell right in love with Silas as he is in this book so much doing good things and he has secrets, but I know what they are. . . mwahahahaahah.

So Errin is living in a hovel of a home that she rents from some jerk named Unwin. Her mother has some kind of disease that makes her crazy when the full moon is out. Poor Errin is trying to keep her mother locked away, making potions to sell to Silas to help her and her mother. Errin's brother Lief is also missing. Everything seems like doom and gloom.
Cody
Second-Book Syndrome? Ha, Salisbury wouldn’t dream of it; The Sleeping Prince completely outshines its predecessor with clever writing, an intricately woven plot and the ability to bring eerie folklore in a fantasy filled world to life.

Our new character Errin lives with her mother in the small town of Almwyk, the town is being evacuated because The Sleeping Prince is pillaging his way through Lormere, it's only a matter of time before their next. But Errin cannot let this happen, she’s convinced
Simona Bartolotta
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Were you disappointed?”
She takes a deep breath, looking down at her hands. “My heart was. My head wasn’t. Most days I’m at war with myself. My head wins, usually. And for that I’m glad.”

Once again I find myself playing the role of the little weird black sheep. The general opinion on this series is that the first book is just shy of decent, while the second is utterly outstanding. Well, I found both of them to be equally outstanding. Had I to follow my very personal taste I'd probably I say I li
Paige  Bookdragon

The first time to read a sequel that is so bloody better than the first book.

description

Look, I still find the first book to be horrible (can't change that), but I just realized that despite me finding the The Sin Eater’s Daughter an epic fail, the story of the series is now really one of a kind.

Let me summarize what the plot is:

Once upon there's that douche of a prince who can't keep his wiener in his pants. He's also a massive jerk and so powerful, people are scared of him shitless. The people got fed u
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
[DNF 77%]

I have not read the first book and thank the lord I dodged that bullet, because from what i hear it's even worst than this? Are you kidding me?

The book is called Sleeping Prince so you would think it would be about ... well, the Sleeping prince! The prologue got me all kinds of excited since he was actually in it. Now let's not get carried away, it's not actually about a fairytale prince came to life and now trying to conquer the world, he is more like the background. The main story fo
Sana
*screams for ten years*
SEE YOU ALL AT MY FUNERAL, FUCK ME SIDEWAYS, BYEBYEBYE.

REVIEW TO COME OH MY GOD AKDJAKDJFKF WHAT, I CAN'T FUNCTION RIGHT NOW.

----
Holy crap guys, I read the first 50 pages and already it's bloody awesome and much much intriguing than the previous book.

Anyways, I'm rooting for (view spoiler)
Nastassja
“Why do I matter to you?”
“You don’t.”
“Then why are you doing this?”
“Because I can. Because I slept for five hundred years and now I want some sport.”

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Sleeping Prince has woken up and now he's coming for you.

Despair.

From the first line till the last word this books is filled with despair. Do not try to be brave. Do not ask your Gods for help. Do not hope. Do not wait for heroes to come and save you.
“Fortune favors the bold."
"So does death."

Fear is your new friend
Katerina Kondrenko
11 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Short-Soundtrack:
Neverending White Lights - Black Is The Color Of...
IAMX - Dead in this house

Love-Geometry: none

Quote-Core:
"
Katrin D
Full review available at: my blog
__________________________________

Note: The only reason I did give this series a chance was Katerina's amazing review of this book, do check it out here: .

My head is exploding and I can barely believe what I just read. I…will need rehab after this book. Or painkillers. Or both.

Throughout the years I have found that a perfect book for me consists of several components: good writing, interesting characters I can sympathize with, an angsty love story(I'm so lame,
Dannii Elle
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the second instalment in the Sin Eater's Daughter trilogy, of which I only ever read the synopsis for the first book and so spent the first 50 pages of reading this second book in utter confusion, until I realised this followed a separate protagonist's movements. It wasn't until the third chapter that the protagonist, Erinn's, name was even mentioned and, even then, I assumed this was original protagonist, Twylla's, self-appointed name, to live a life of undercover solitude.

I also, once
Candace Robinson
I was a little worried that this sequel wasn't going to be from Twylla's point of view, and I still miss her point of view, but I also really liked Errin. Things didn't go as I expected them to and there were quite a few surprises. The middle lagged a little for me, but that was a five star ending. I can't wait for the next one! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Elena Salvatore
Can someone tell me, why do I feel such a strong pull towards the psychopaths?
What does this say about me?

description

Ok forget book one and everything it could've been... this one actually delivers some of it.

Errin is the sister of Lief and is left alone with a mother who turned into a beast. A folklore tale like the Sleeping Prince which Errin didn't belive in at first but after the return of the Prince, who knows what is real anymore and what isn't?

With no parental supervision and stuck in a town you can
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
***I received the physical book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review***

Oh my god… So many emotions right now! There was heartbreak and anger and relief and so, so much love. At the beginning I was biting my nails and at the end I was jumping up and down squealing (I tried not to but I really couldn’t help it, much to my brother’s shock. However the same thing happened at the end of The Sin Eater’s Daughter so I wasn’t really surprised!)

A fantastic book and brilliant sequel, I had
Cisz Strasters
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Op dat moment weet ik dat ik hem wil geloven. Wil ik dat dit een eenvoudig misverstand is. Maar ik kan hem niet geloven. Nog niet. Niet helemaal." ~ p106.

Wat een einde!!?? Als Melinda Salisbury ergens goed in is dan is het wel in serieus schokkende plottwists, en dan het liefst op de allerlaatste bladzijde... heerlijk!!!

"Hem te horen optreden als de broer die ik zo mis, zijn woorden, zijn vriendelijkheid, de bezorgdheid die daarin doorklinkt, de manier waarop hij praat, dat alles breekt mijn h
Stacee
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured and loved The Sin-Eater's Daughter, so I was beyond thrilled to get my greedy hands on this one. I was intrigued to see how the shift in POV was going to further the story.

Oh man. I loved Errin and Silas. They're both strong and secretive and don't really trust each other. I loved seeing them figure the other one out while still maintaining the balance of their relationship. And much as I loved being in Errin's head, I would gleefully cut someone to be in Silas's head for even a page.
allys_books
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5*
Der zweite Teil hat mir noch besser gefallen als der erste Teil, aber beim Epilog bin ich aus dem wütend werden nicht mehr rausgekommen. Mir passiert das wirklich selten, dass mich ein Buch dermaßen in Rage versetzt, aber hier war es wirklich so - ich wollte die Seiten rausreißen und vergessen, dass sie existiert haben.
Wie kann Melinda Salisbury mir das bitte antuen?

Trotzdem - lest das Buch, es war echt gut! Die Reihe verdient allgemein mehr Beachtung.
Mehr dazu bald in einer Rezension auf
Jaime Arkin
Holy crap!! Why do I have to wait for book 3!!! Full review soon
Patricia Crowther
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh so deliciously dark, I loved it! And that epilogue <333
Wanderlust_WL
OMGOMG that ending!! Completely shocked and mind-blown and I love it! I really like both Silas and Errin who are such strong and resilient characters. Need and hope for more romance between them<3. What happened to both of them in the end pained me and I can't imagine or deal with any more mishap happening to them. Wow the sleeping prince...he is beyond cruel and sadistic. Didn't expect certain old characters to be reintroduced into this sequel and I'm pleasantly surprised by how well they ar ...more
Minni Mouse
3.5 stars rounded up. This was my second time reading this and I still say this book has brilliant writing and brilliant characters...if it weren't for the fact that the plot moves so slow like a filler. The majority of this book had me like, "Zzzzz..." but the last line of the epilogue had me like:

THE STORY
Errin is a steely young woman taking care of her ailing mother by herself in her village while trying to be an apothecary. Her buddy, Silas, is a mysterious guy who occasionally pops in and o
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
I love all the story telling inside this world, and THAT ENDING really got me. It's fun to see more of the characters together and how their dynamics work, although for me, Errin and Silas were exactly like Twylla and Lief...still, on to the finale!
Emma
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!!!Original review here...

First off, hello to that gorgeous cover I mean come on it's absolutely gorgeous!

Anyhow, regardless of the cover learning that the book wasn't going to be from Twylla's perspective didn't really bother me. I felt that Errin was a brilliant protagonist if not more so than Twylla, I mean having to look after her Mum, worrying about her brother Lief and having to conjure up illegal herbal cures just to pay the bills- now that's what I call a girl with some bottle! If
Reyes
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brilliant, epic, fantasy
My poor little heart!!! I'm too happy and traumatised to think clearly right now O_O

RTC

07/11/2016

I was hoping that this couple of days would help me sort my thoughts out, but this book still has me in shock, in the best possible way. For those of you who don't want any spoilers, I'll say this: The Sleeping Prince is freaking awesome. It's original, twisted, and totally mind-blowing. Read it!! :)

Now beware of the huge, massive, colossal spoilers under the tag!! You've been warned!!

(view spoiler)
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ukya
Actual rating: 2.5 stars.
I still found Errin to be insufferable at times, but part two was a lot better! I feel like I saw through all of the 'plot twists'/'big reveals' especially the epilogue just because throughout the whole books I was like 'this character can't be dead because of x,y,z...'
Still, I like where this series is building up to, and I hope the finale is action packed and exciting!
Ashleigh (a frolic through fiction)
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Review originally posted on my book blog: https://afrolicthroughfiction.wordpre...

RATED 4.5/5 STARS!

I don’t even know how to put my thoughts into words after that gem of book. I’m still trying to get over the ending.

But why talk about the ending at the beginning of a review? That’s not how I do things here.

(And let’s be honest, I won’t say much about the ending anyway because spoilersssss)

Right.

Originally I was a bit confused when starting this book. All the characters were new, we were in a
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
2016 Book Awards
Runner Up: Most Gorgeous Cover 2016
(more information about these awards on my blog)

Before I start the actual review; I've seen several people saying that this is a companion novel to The Sin Eater's Daughter and that you therefore do not have to read it. I'd like to alert you all to the fact that it's not a companion novel - unless you also call Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles) a companion novel of Cinder.

Alright, now; review time!

This novel started out quite slow, but I started to f
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
How do I possibly express how much I need this book?
Yesy (The Book Vagrant)
So there's going to be a completely new set of characters in the second book? Interesting...
Hollis
This has been the strangest reread ever. First time with first book, I loved. Second time, I really liked. First time with second book, I liked. Second time with second book, I looooved.

We're people of science and reason. Or at least I thought we were. I suppose it's hard to remain on the side of reason when a five-hundred-year-old fairy tale comes to life and lays waste of the castle and the people in the country next door.

The way this installment ties in with the first one, the way the mythol
Monica Haak
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heerlijk boek. De serie wordt steeds spannender. Er is wel iets in de serie waardoor ik het geen 5 sterren wil geven. Een gevoel? Verwarring? Geen idee. Dit deel las wel lekkerder dan deel 1.

19 januari recensie op www.myperfectbooklife.blogspot.nl
  • Air (Blue, #2)
  • Deep Water
  • Monarch (War of the Princes, #3)
  • Othergirl
  • Fashion Assassin (Jessica Cole: Model Spy, #2)
  • Keep the Faith (Faith, #2)
  • The Black North
  • The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight, #2)
  • The Baby
  • Love Bomb (Ladybirds, #2)
  • Crow Moon (Crow Moon, #1)
  • Ascendancy (The Van Winkle Project, #2)
  • The Book of Storms (The Book of Storms Trilogy, #1)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • What's a Girl Gotta Do? (The Spinster Club, #3)
  • Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3)
  • Untitled (Gates of Thread and Stone, #3)
  • Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
Melinda Salisbury lives by the sea, somewhere in the south of England. As a child she genuinely thought Roald Dahl’s Matilda was her biography, in part helped by her grandfather often mistakenly calling her Matilda, and the local library having a pretty cavalier attitude to the books she borrowed. Sadly she never manifested telekinetic powers. She likes to travel, and have adventures. She also lik ...more

The Sin Eater’s Daughter (3 books)
  • The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1)
  • The Scarecrow Queen (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • CyberStorm
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Departure
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
“Fortune favors the bold." I smile weakly.
"So does death," she counters immediately. "The craven tend to live much longer than the heroic.”
6 likes
“That’s the trouble with knowing things: you can’t un-know them. Once you let yourself look at them, or say them aloud, they become real.” 5 likes