Start by marking “The Grisha Trilogy (Grisha Verse #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Grisha Trilogy (Grisha Verse #1-3)

The Grisha Trilogy

(The Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1-3)

In a lavish world where darkness reigns and science collides with superstition, Alina Starkov has the power to save her country…but it comes with a price in The Grisha Trilogy by New York Times-bestselling author Leigh Bardugo.

Included in this bundle are Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm, and Ruin and Rising.
Published November 17th 2015 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published 2014)

Ivy
5 🌟

Overall, I thought the series as a whole was very good. Wish that there was a Darkling prequel series. Hope to see the characters again. Also hope Nikolai will do well as king. RIP everyone that died.
Tesia Lewis
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aside from being the first book my boyfriend ever bought me, I’m pretty sure that Shadow and Bone was one of the few books I’ve ever chosen just because of the cover. Let’s be real though - the cover art on every single book in The Grisha Trilogy is phenomenal. Not only is it gorgeous but it ties in with the words underneath the cover. I can definitely say that the covers are what drew me into this beautiful world that Leigh Bardugo created. It was her characters, her words, her stories that ke ...more
Şeyma
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yüz yıllar sonra gelen seri yorumu olsun bu.
Ben bu seriyi ergenken okumuştum, lise yılları falan. Okurken çok sevmiştim ama hatırlıyorum içimi sıkan bir şeyler vardı. Şimdi seri üzerine düşününce anladım ki bu Alina'nın salaklığı ve Malyen'le olan ve olamayan ilişkileri ve Darkling'le olan i hate you i love you but i hate you olayları yüzündenmiş. Grisha dünyası güzeldi ama işleniş klişeydi. Seriye puanım 3 ama Nikolai'a puanım 5. Üzerinden yıllar geçti hala bazı cümleleri aklıma geliyor, keşke
Winter Sophia Rose
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing, Dark, Inspiring & Heartfelt! A Thrilling Read! I Loved It!
Cary
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Copied from my Amazon Review:

Book one is awesome. YA troupes abound: there is a plain, insecure, yet plucky heroine named Alina, who it just so happens, is The Chosen One. There is a love triangle. The love interests have perfect jaws and lean muscles and piercing eyes.

But it’s fun. The characters are compelling, if a bit one-dimensional. It’s the type of book where you can predict the characters personalities by their hair color (Mal has brown hair and green eyes. He is earthy and honest. The D
Zoë ☆
I just bought this version of the series and I couldn’t be happier!!!! It looks so beautiful 😍
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: list-fantasy
This was a Good story wrapped in a shite load of brain dead romantic drivel. Such a shame. It feels like an editor said '...fantasy has a limited audience, what this needs is dry-humpin in order to sell! make it more like Twilight and you'll be laughing...stupid people love that shit and you'll be rolling in money, you and Meyers both!'

The world has great potential - and Bardugo is genuinely talented and has a great imagination. I respect her for creating this mythology... her shorts in particu
Pearl Angeli
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for this magnificent trilogy! <3 I've read all three books in 2015 and I enjoyed them. The whole series was fantasy at its finest. Hats off to Leigh Bardugo.
MondoRS
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be the best series I've read in a long time, kept me invested the whole way but finishing it left me wanting more. I hope Leigh Bardugo comes out with a book for Nikolai sometime soon.
Siobhan
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Grisha trilogy was on my radar for far too long before I finally picked it up – in fact, the only reason it was pushed up my to-read list is because of my desire to read Six of Crows. Despite how Six of Crows can be read without having read the Grisha trilogy first, I decided to take the advice of those who promised more enjoyment through reading one then the other.

In truth, I’m annoyed with myself for waiting so long to read the Grisha trilogy. It may not be the best young adult fantasy tri
grace
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5
Phoebe The Reading Phoenix
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shadow & Bone  (5/5)Siege & Storm  (3.5/5)Ruin & Rising (5/5)First Impressions/Pros and Cons:I was first drawn into this series by the cover art, and before long the synopsis backed up the beauty of the cover. I was really eager to read this Fantasy based in Russia and around Russian culture!In the first book, Bardugo grabbed me by my hand and pulled me through the book. I was constantly turning pages without even keeping track. I was dying for interaction between Mal and Alina, and ...more
ari
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
these books were the best i've ever read and i feel like there should be more hype about them???
Bianca Escada
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES! Must read! These books have everything!
Narrative Muse
– The Grisha Trilogy is potent fantasy and self-discovery. –

It was a friend that led me to read this series. He told me I had to read it so that he would have someone to talk to about it. This, of course, intrigued me, and so I immediately sought out book one of the Grisha Trilogy: Shadow and Bone. From the end of the prologue, I knew exactly what he’d been talking about and soon found myself a third of the way in and an hour had gone by.

The world Leigh Bardugo has created is fantastic (in both
Pearl (Plamena Krumova)
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Grisha Trilogy came to be one of my favorite series. Recommending it to anyone into fantasy and young adult.
Great world building, great characters and an interesting story.
I'm now in the bittersweet phase where I want more but I've read everything and I'm just craving for Ravka and Grisha stories..
I listened to the audiobooks - they are amazing!!! And perhaps I will get the paperbacks some day..
Srijan
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Hunger games set in different world.
R. L. Carlo
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this series as much as I love Six of Crows but alas I only got through it so I can read King of Scars. Yay for Nikolai’s duology! ❤ ...more
Carrie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love young adult fantasy but are tired of the angsty teenage feelings, this is the series to read. Bardugo creates a unique fantasy world that is easy to get wrapped up in.
Torno Tornabene
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the Grisha trilogy! The world building was so unique and really engaged me with the time frame where there is a mix of science and magic and gunpowdered weaponry. There were many memorable characters such as the Darkling, and Stormhund, and Genya, and many others. They each served a different purpose in shining a light on themes like self-respect, self-love, obsession, and lust vs love.

The character dynamic of Alina and Mal was fun to read. Sometimes, I admit, it could be dreadfully pai
Kennedie Close
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These books were phenominal! The setting was unique and intriguing. It reminded me of an ancient Russia, if there was such a thing.
Alina Starkov left a lot to be desired. As the heroine of the story, I expected more from her. She was just another stubborn, butt - kicking female character. Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate strong female leads, but she seemed very cold and removed for most of the series, except when she was kissing one guy or another. Speaking of guys...
The male characters re
Claire
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom and fell in love. When I realized that there were other books BEFORE that, I knew I had to read them. And I am so glad I did! These books are amazing! Leigh Bardugo does not disappoint. I highly recommend for anyone looking for well-rounded characters, a fierce heroine, villains you sometimes don't want to hate, and a love story that defeats all odds.
Leslie
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book 1 is excellent. Book 2 and part of book 3 flag, but the payoff at the finale was pretty good. The world of the Grishas is fun. The series borrows heavily from other fantasy series, but it comes off as fresh.
Omnia Kadura
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
من اجمل ما قرات في الyoung adult ، كعاده هذا النوع من الكتب تجمع السلسله بين الاكشن ، الدراما ، الميثولوجيا والحرب مسلطه الضوء على عالم الحروب وتبعاتها .
اجمل مافيها ان الشخصيات عميقه ، ضعيفه ومليئه بالندوب بالرغم من امتلاكم قوى سحريه .
انهيت ال٣ كتب في ظرف ٤ ايام وانا متشوقه لقرآءه المزيد
Inez Kestens
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
So Goodreads really needs a half star system :p (NO spoiler review)

I would give the series on a whole a 3 3/4 star overall. These books are a good starting point for all the books set in the Grisha universe but I can't help but fear it introduces it's side characters way better than it does it's main characters.

I know all the love this series get but I'll come out and say this: This is a good series but it isn't great.
It especially lacks engaging lead characters who have a lot potential but are
Melody
Katherine Varga
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
This trilogy left me with a lot of emotions, beginning with anger that such a derivative and overwritten trilogy could leave me with a lot of emotions!! How dare this book make me cry!

I was curious about these books after hearing so much hype, both from people I know and trust and from the Internet at large. Honestly, the first book disappointed me - there wasn't anything that excited me. The perception shift felt laughably obvious ((view spoiler)
cais humans: dalina is unparalleled 4 2 Mar 12, 2019 06:14PM
Polls for our Souls: Grisha trilogy 5 28 Jan 31, 2019 07:07AM
The Grishaverse: Grisha Trilogy Nail Art 9 53 Oct 29, 2017 03:13PM
The FanRomers - F...: The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo 1 5 Feb 11, 2017 01:00AM
Need recommendations! 1 3 Dec 20, 2015 06:20PM
  • Genghis Khan: 13th-Century Mongolian Tyrant
  • The Dead Kid Detective Agency (The Dead Kid Detective Agency, #1)
  • Bi-Normal
  • Defiance Series Complete Collection (Defiance #1-3)
  • Betsy Was a Junior / Betsy and Joe (Betsy-Tacy #7-8)
  • Detours, Do-Overs, and Dares - A Morgan Matson Collection: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour; Second Chance Summer; Since You've Been Gone
  • The Amulet of Samarkand (The Graphic Novel)
  • Set the Galaxy on Fire (Tales of the Orion War, #1)
  • First Snow in the Woods: A Photographic Fantasy
  • Kaleidoscope: Diverse YA Science Fiction and Fantasy Stories
  • The Unicorn Thief (Unicorns of the Mist, #2)
  • The Poison Study Short Story Collection: Assassin Study, Power Study, Ice Study (Study #1.5, #3.5, #3.6)
  • The Warble (The Bernovem Chronicles Book 1)
  • The Fire King (Alterra Histories, #1)
  • The Power of Five Boxed Set, #1-4 (The Power of Five, #1-4)
  • Murder, Magic, and What We Wore
  • First Descent
  • Salvation
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse. With over three million copies sold, her Grishaverse spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, The Language of Thorns, and King of Scars—with more to come. (To hear about new releases, tour dates, and giveaways first, sign up for Leigh's newsletter here.) Her short stori ...more

The Shadow and Bone Trilogy (3 books)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
“Yuyeh sesh,” Tolya called after her in Shu.
“Ni weh sesh,” she shouted over her shoulder. And then she was gone.
“What does that mean?”
“It’s something our father taught us,” Tolya replied. “Yuyeh sesh: ‘despise your heart.’ But that’s the direct translation. The real meaning is more like ‘do what needs to be done—be cruel if you have to.’”
“What’s the other part?”
“Ni weh sesh? ‘I have no heart.”
1 likes