Start by marking “The Grisha Trilogy (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Grisha Trilogy (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1-3)

The Grisha Trilogy

(The Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1-3)

In a lavish world where darkness reigns and science collides with superstition, Alina Starkov has the power to save her country…but it comes with a price in The Grisha Trilogy by New York Times-bestselling author Leigh Bardugo.

Included in this bundle are Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm, and Ruin and Rising.
Published November 17th 2015 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published 2014)

Start your review of The Grisha Trilogy (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1-3)
Ivy
5 🌟

Overall, I thought the series as a whole was very good. Wish that there was a Darkling prequel series. Hope to see the characters again. Also hope Nikolai will do well as king. RIP everyone that died.
Pearl Angeli
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for this magnificent trilogy! <3 I've read all three books in 2015 and I enjoyed them. The whole series was fantasy at its finest. Hats off to Leigh Bardugo. ...more
Cary
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Copied from my Amazon Review:

Book one is awesome. YA troupes abound: there is a plain, insecure, yet plucky heroine named Alina, who it just so happens, is The Chosen One. There is a love triangle. The love interests have perfect jaws and lean muscles and piercing eyes.

But it’s fun. The characters are compelling, if a bit one-dimensional. It’s the type of book where you can predict the characters personalities by their hair color (Mal has brown hair and green eyes. He is earthy and honest. The D
Tesia Lewis
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Appalachian Bookworm

Aside from being the first book my boyfriend ever bought me, I’m pretty sure that Shadow and Bone was one of the few books I’ve ever chosen just because of the cover. Let’s be real though - the cover art on every single book in The Grisha Trilogy is phenomenal. Not only is it gorgeous but it ties in with the words underneath the cover. I can definitely say that the covers are what drew me into this beautiful world that Leigh Bardugo created. It was her characters, her wor
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: list-fantasy
This was a Good story wrapped in a shite load of brain dead romantic drivel. Such a shame. It feels like an editor said '...fantasy has a limited audience, what this needs is dry-humpin in order to sell! make it more like Twilight and you'll be laughing...stupid people love that shit and you'll be rolling in money, you and Meyers both!'

The world has great potential - and Bardugo is genuinely talented and has a great imagination. I respect her for creating this mythology... her shorts in particu
Winter Sophia Rose
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing, Dark, Inspiring & Heartfelt! A Thrilling Read! I Loved It! ...more
Zoë ☆
I just bought this version of the series and I couldn’t be happier!!!! It looks so beautiful 😍
MondoRS
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has to be the best series I've read in a long time, kept me invested the whole way but finishing it left me wanting more. I hope Leigh Bardugo comes out with a book for Nikolai sometime soon.
Phoebe The Reading Phoenix
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shadow & Bone  (5/5)
Siege & Storm  (3.5/5)
Ruin & Rising (5/5)
First Impressions/Pros and Cons:
I was first drawn into this series by the cover art, and before long the synopsis backed up the beauty of the cover. I was really eager to read this Fantasy based in Russia and around Russian culture!
In the first book, Bardugo grabbed me by my hand and pulled me through the book. I was constantly turning pages without even keeping track. I was dying for interaction between Mal and Alina, and then I ...more
Siobhan
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Grisha trilogy was on my radar for far too long before I finally picked it up – in fact, the only reason it was pushed up my to-read list is because of my desire to read Six of Crows. Despite how Six of Crows can be read without having read the Grisha trilogy first, I decided to take the advice of those who promised more enjoyment through reading one then the other.

In truth, I’m annoyed with myself for waiting so long to read the Grisha trilogy. It may not be the best young adult fantasy tri
Vanessa Cragun
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was encouraged to read this even though my taste for YA has gone down a lot. I'm glad I read it; it was a fun read but it was not perfect. The plot is fantastic, the biggest problem is that I wanted more! The first book almost read like an outline to a story, there is so little detail and dialogue. It's clear the author was new with no editors, but it was frustrating at times. The next two books were better but I still wish it had been written at a higher level, this would have made an amazing ...more
ari
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
these books were the best i've ever read and i feel like there should be more hype about them???
Bianca Escada
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES! Must read! These books have everything!
Narrative Muse
– The Grisha Trilogy is potent fantasy and self-discovery. –

It was a friend that led me to read this series. He told me I had to read it so that he would have someone to talk to about it. This, of course, intrigued me, and so I immediately sought out book one of the Grisha Trilogy: Shadow and Bone. From the end of the prologue, I knew exactly what he’d been talking about and soon found myself a third of the way in and an hour had gone by.

The world Leigh Bardugo has created is fantastic (in both
Pearl (Plamena Krumova)
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Grisha Trilogy came to be one of my favorite series. Recommending it to anyone into fantasy and young adult.
Great world building, great characters and an interesting story.
I'm now in the bittersweet phase where I want more but I've read everything and I'm just craving for Ravka and Grisha stories..
I listened to the audiobooks - they are amazing!!! And perhaps I will get the paperbacks some day..
Carrie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love young adult fantasy but are tired of the angsty teenage feelings, this is the series to read. Bardugo creates a unique fantasy world that is easy to get wrapped up in.
Steph L
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Epic Fantasy

If you’re looking for a good young adult fantasy look no further. I have spent the better part of 9 months reading this book and I’ll miss this trilogy immensely.
Danielle Condon
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written!

I scrolled by this trilogy and decided to get the sample and if i liked it I would buy... needles to say like 5 minutes I bought them! This series is a true treasure! I was hooked with the first few sentences! If you’re looking for a magical new series this is it!
Torno Tornabene
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the Grisha trilogy! The world building was so unique and really engaged me with the time frame where there is a mix of science and magic and gunpowdered weaponry. There were many memorable characters such as the Darkling, and Stormhund, and Genya, and many others. They each served a different purpose in shining a light on themes like self-respect, self-love, obsession, and lust vs love.

The character dynamic of Alina and Mal was fun to read. Sometimes, I admit, it could be dreadfully pai
Kennedie Close
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These books were phenominal! The setting was unique and intriguing. It reminded me of an ancient Russia, if there was such a thing.
Alina Starkov left a lot to be desired. As the heroine of the story, I expected more from her. She was just another stubborn, butt - kicking female character. Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate strong female leads, but she seemed very cold and removed for most of the series, except when she was kissing one guy or another. Speaking of guys...
The male characters re
Claire
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom and fell in love. When I realized that there were other books BEFORE that, I knew I had to read them. And I am so glad I did! These books are amazing! Leigh Bardugo does not disappoint. I highly recommend for anyone looking for well-rounded characters, a fierce heroine, villains you sometimes don't want to hate, and a love story that defeats all odds.
Karlen Mae
Leslie
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book 1 is excellent. Book 2 and part of book 3 flag, but the payoff at the finale was pretty good. The world of the Grishas is fun. The series borrows heavily from other fantasy series, but it comes off as fresh.
Taylor Simpson
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
R. L. Carlo
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Official Rating:
3.5/5 stars 🌟
Maggie
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I began reading this series in preparation for King of Scars. I had read Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom before, and while I enjoyed them, I found myself slightly confused about the rules and events of the world. I figured I wasn't going to let that happen with KoS and decided it was time to read the trilogy I thought of as the juvenile SoC. I approached the trilogy less than enthused, viewing it more as an obligation or an assignment, and expecting no great feat of writing or story.

Boy was I
Melody Quinn
Inez Kestens
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
So Goodreads really needs a half star system :p (NO spoiler review)

I would give the series on a whole a 3 3/4 star overall. These books are a good starting point for all the books set in the Grisha universe but I can't help but fear it introduces it's side characters way better than it does it's main characters.

I know all the love this series get but I'll come out and say this: This is a good series but it isn't great.
It especially lacks engaging lead characters who have a lot potential but are
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Favourite second male leads? 1 1 Aug 03, 2020 08:45PM
Addicted to YA: Team Nikolai, Mel or Darkling? 15 28 Apr 30, 2020 05:39AM
cais humans: dalina is unparalleled 5 4 Oct 23, 2019 10:23AM
Shadow and Bone Netflix TV Show Cast 1 3 Oct 03, 2019 02:50PM
Polls for Our Souls: Grisha trilogy 5 30 Jan 31, 2019 07:07AM
The Grishaverse: Grisha Trilogy Nail Art 9 60 Oct 29, 2017 03:13PM

• Throne of Glass Box Set (Throne of Glass #0.1-0.5, 1-7)
  • The Folk of the Air Series 3 Books Collection Set By Holly Black ( The Cruel Prince, The Wicked King, Hardback-The Queen of Nothing )
  • Shatter Me Complete Collection: Shatter Me, Destroy Me, Unravel Me, Fracture Me, Ignite Me
  • Throne of Glass Series Collection (Throne of Glass, #1-5)
  • Caraval Boxed Set (Caraval, #1-3)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses Box Set (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1-3)
  • Darkest Minds Trilogy: Alexandra Bracken Collection 3 Books Bundle
  • The Young Elite 3 Books Set Marie Lu Collection (The Young Elites, The Rose Society, The Midnight Star)
  • Throne of Glass Series Collection (Throne of Glass #1-4)
  • Clockwork Angel; Clockwork Prince; Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #1-3)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Scythe / Thunderhead / The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #1-3)
  • Percy Jackson Collection: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, the Last Olympian, the Titans Curse, the Sea of Monsters, the Battle of the Labyrinth, the Demigod Files and the Red Pyramid
  • Throne of Glass Series Collection (Throne of Glass #2-6)
  • Throne of Glass Series Collection (Throne of Glass #1-6)
  • The Lunar Chronicles  (The Lunar Chronicles, #1-3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse (coming soon to Netflix) which spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, The Language of Thorns, and King of Scars— with more to come. Her short stories can be found in multiple anthologies, including the Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy. Her other works include Wo ...more

The Shadow and Bone Trilogy (3 books)
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)