Start by marking “Nailbiters (The Project Collusion #1)” as Want to Read:
Nailbiters (The Project Collusion #1)

Nailbiters

(The Project Collusion #1)

Nailbiters is a story of survival. On the morning of the invasion, Dora takes off running. She lasts three weeks before she is captured. Follow her story from the open plains of Texas to the desert of California. Readers have called this story “chilling” and “visceral.” Find out why they haven’t been able to put it down.

Can Dora survive the invasion with her humanity inta
Published October 26th 2015 by MK Williams Publishing, LLC (first published October 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Nailbiters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nailbiters

Start your review of Nailbiters (The Project Collusion #1)
Michael Slavin
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great surprise to me. It is about the invasion of the Earth that happened slickly, seamlessly, and was over before it started. The new rulers of Earth are six and a half foot aliens that are merciless.

It follows Dora, a young fitness instructor, as she tried to survive however she can in a defeated world. Everyone is tagged. Not only are all tagged human’s whereabouts known, but also if they get too much adrenaline they are drugged to pass out. This pretty much guarantees no resi
Jason Williams
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nailbiters is a fascinating journey of an individual (Dora) negotiating a world turned upside down by a powerful alien force. You travel with Dora experiencing the difficulties of navigating and surviving in this new world. The book is impossible to put down as you ponder the fate of Dora. You will be astonished with several twists, turns, and surprises! It’s absolutely worth every second to read as you reflect on Dora’s story and how YOU would handle such situations! And the ending… Enjoy!
Books In Bloom
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes this book was amazing!! I can def say that I haven’t read anything like this before. While some books contain a sweet story that makes you smile, other books actually change the way you see the world. Nailbiters changed the way i see the world! Well, i am a Psychology major, so i’ve always questioned the world and the way people behave, but this book gave me so much insight into a very real outcome of humanity, if invaded by Aliens. I think the author did a spectacular job portraying ...more
Maria
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mary K Williams' Nailbiters was indeed a book that kept me on the edge of my seat, wondering what could possibly happen next?

Aliens aren't usually my thing, but I appreciated the concept of this thriller. There were a few typos but nothing that distracted from the story. I love how the setup of the book kept our character ambiguous for a little while, but I enjoyed learning more about Dora and her past. The detail (such as the descriptives in the very first gas station raid) was impeccable.

I lo
Debbie Williams
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An alien story that keeps you in suspense from beginning to end. Very well written with lots of descriptive detail. It's a great read!
Christy Aldridge
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nailbiters is a top notch novel. Simply amazing. It starts with a bang and it ends with one. If you're into books that drag you in, hold you close, and keep you biting your nails even after the final word is written, Nailbiters is for you. M.K. Williams is beyond talented.
soztheo.me
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to soztheo.me by: Writerly Yours
What do you do when the world has gone to Hell? What do you do when you are being hunted, and you know not why? What do you do when there is not time to stop, breathe, and strategize? What do you do when there is no sanctuary? What do you do? ... You run for your life...

Read my full review at http://soztheo.me/2016/07/26/nailbite...
D.H. Hanni
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Quick read, but not my cup of tea. Hard to empathize with the main character.
Teresa M.
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great page turner. I was hooked from the first page! I highly recommend it.
Mark J
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nailbiters is a suspense/thriller focused on Dora, a woman who shows remarkable resilience after an alien force dismantles society and threatens the survival of humanity. Williams’ ability to balance the action with Dora’s internal struggle to rationalize this new sinister world adds depth and meaning to the story and makes the reader question what people should be willing to do to survive. If you’re looking for a book that you won’t be able to put down, Nailbiters will keep you engaged and in s ...more
Mel Dorion
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in only a few nights... I just couldn't put it down! I quickly got attached to the main character Dora and was so invested in finding out what would happen to her every step of the way. This thriller kept me on my toes and the depth of the writing smoothly guided me to picture myself in this strange sinister reality should Alien’s invade Earth - honestly something I’ve never been to picture realistically, until now. Absolutely loved it!
M.K. Williams
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nailbiters was my very first published novel. It will always hold a special place in my heart. With this book, I wanted to explore what makes us human and how we often treat each other in ways that destroy our own humanity. Even when our society is stripped away during an invasion, how can we fight to retain that last bit of ourselves?

Over the years this book has sold more copies than I could have ever hoped for. And you all have been asking for more. The sequel to Nailbiters, Architects, is he
Tinted Edges
3.5. Check out my upcoming review on http://tintededges.wordpress.com ...more
Adrian Porrata
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started reading at 7pm and didn't put it down till I finished at nearly 2am! I am eager to continue this harrowing journey at Pandora's side.
M.K. Williams
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Anita
Jun 11, 2020

• Insomnia
  • Fight Club
  • Dare to Lead
  • Shift (Shift, #1-3; Silo, #2)
  • The Line Becomes A River: Dispatches from the Border
  • Point of Impact (Bob Lee Swagger, #1)
  • Kill Game: A Cold Poker Gang Mystery
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
  • The Power Paradox: How We Gain and Lose Influence
  • Make Peace with Money: Redefine Your Relationship with Money, Master Your Personal Finances, and Discover True Wealth
  • Kill Crime (Jeff Case #1)
  • Growing Mentor Intelligence™ - A Field Guide To Mentoring
  • The Jani Sigil (Dan Kotler #7.5)
  • Insurrection: Appalachian Command
  • Wool (Wool, #1)
  • Insurrection: Mile-High Blood
  • Life-Changing Money (Jeff Case #1.5)
  • Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
MK Williams writes suspenseful literary fiction and sci-fi adventure for the contemporary reader. Her body of work is comprised of three novels, two self-publishing guides, a budgeting and planning workbook, and a collection of short stories.

Her first novel, Nailbiters, is an apocalyptic science-fiction thriller that has kept audiences up all night since its debut in 2015. Her most popular work, E

The Project Collusion (2 books)
  • Architects (The Project Collusion #2)

News & Interviews

“Life is too short to spend another moment imprisoned by the will of another.” 0 likes