Start by marking “MEURIC: Beginnings: Part One (A Protectorate Series Novel Book 1)” as Want to Read:
MEURIC: Beginnings: Part One (A Protectorate Series Novel Book 1)

MEURIC: Beginnings: Part One (A Protectorate Series Novel Book 1)

In the world of Terit’re, where the gods and magic exist, a secretive band of warriors known only as Knight Protectors, are tasked with defending the people of the world against the evil of the dark gods.

A new evil arises; the rules have changed. One by one, the warriors are assassinated. Faeder, ruler of the New Gods, learns of a future where they are all wiped from exis
Published October 21st 2015 by Matador

To ask other readers questions about MEURIC, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MEURIC

Eyehavenofilter
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Received this as an ARC from netgalley for an honest and fair review
This introduces us to the world of Terit''re where gods and magic exist and a secretive band of warriors known as the Knights Portectors are tasked with defending the people of the world against the evil dark gods. But a new evil arises, and rules are changing, one by one the warriors are being assassinated.
With a character list and a vocabulary list in the front of the book, we are introduced to this world and we learn more ab
Miranda
I received a copy via netgalley in exchanged for an honest review.

I really loved this one, I don't read a lot of fantasy style books. But this one was really intriguing, I fell into the story and the writers style was great. Characters were captivating, plots/story was epic. Since its book one it mostly seemed to take more time into the building of things but I'm really looking forward to the next installment to get more. And see how I'll end up liking it as a whole.
Amanda
I received a copy of this title from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review and find, after a month of it sitting on my kindle and occasionally forcing myself to read, that I just can't finish it. The world seems really interesting, but it's too dense (and not in a good way). Information is given through too much info-dumping or heavy exposition, and I just can't connect with Meuric, the protagonist. Given that this is a series, I decided that I didn't want to continue reading a book of a se ...more
Melek
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
It took me a lot longer than expected to finish this book. I added it on Goodreads about two weeks after actually starting it and Goodreads says I've been reading it for a month now. So.

All in all, it could be a 5/5, I'm saying with all honesty. It has an awesome main character that made me add this book to my "boys to fangirl over" shelf. It has gorgeous world-building with all the gods and soldiers and history. At less than 400 pages, it has richer content than some trilogies.

However, the plot
Lucy
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: dropped
This book was very hard to read/get into. It took me so long to read this, I started dipping into other books while feeling slightly guilty for not finishing this.
I think the world building is excellent but something about it fails to be engaging. I love fantasy books, I do, but like someone said this (and it's true) it dumps a lot on you. You're not lured in at all, just kind of plopped into this world. For some reason, I feel like it'd make a good movie though haha.
Something very important ab
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
3.5 Stars
pooled ink Review:

Jennings writes an interesting story wedged firmly within the classic realm of fantasy. Knights, sword fights, seers, gods, tyrants, magic, and honor-bound duty rumble around this well crafted world that has been built on the page. It might be a bit stiff to get into but if you’re a fan of undiluted fantasy then the action will pull you right in and the swift words will sustain you as you leap from page to page.

Read my FULL review here: https://pooledink.wordpress.com/
Everythingat1once