Start by marking “Paper Girls #3” as Want to Read:
Paper Girls #3

Paper Girls #3

(Paper Girls (Single Issues) #3)

The ongoing mystery series from BRIAN K. VAUGHAN & CLIFF CHIANG charges ahead, as the girls have a close encounter with an unexpected visitor. ...more
36 pages
Published December 2nd 2015 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Paper Girls #3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Girls #3

Start your review of Paper Girls #3
Kaitlin
Dec 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Again I caved and picked the next one up even though I am still somewhat unsure whether I truly like the series. I think that the art style is alright, but the colouring is lovely, the story is just plain weird though. Honestly I have seen a lot of people saying 'what is this?' 'what's happening?' and such in their reviews and I can sympathise because this is truly very odd. We have a group of paper girls, and a load of monsters, maniacs and dinosaur-like creatures!? I have to ask...'What IS goi ...more
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
What is going on?! <----- This is basically me whenever I'm reading a comic.

L.
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like how quickly the story is advancing, I don't think the characters are particularly well developed but I don't really expect them to be because it's only been three comics and that doesn't feel like enough to really put emphasis on who they are as people. There is also a lot happening and that's what the comics focus on, more then anything. There also isn't a huge amount of world building, but I just finished Stranger Things so I'm just basing everything from that as they're both set somewh ...more
Rachel
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Great filler issue to the series. This issue answered more questions, but I still don't know why the aliens are invading. Great ending! Glad they finally explained the alien speech.
Mahoshy Carter
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WHAT IS HAPPENING ????
Cleopatria
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
this is insane & i love it ...more
Solace Winter
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one continued on the same high note as the last one. Great storytelling and it opens up more questions.
Stacia
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Seriously have no idea what is going on.
Diamond
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok this just gets better and better!
Miranda
I really can't get enough of these paper delivery girls. They have such strong personalities which is perfect for the situation they have found themselves in.
Jocelyn Santiago
The last one wasn't really sad... never mind.
Letande D'Argon
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Say wha-a-a-a-a-a-a-at? No, really, there's one thing about modern media. Books, comics, movies, TV shows, whatever. Most of them are either reboots, or made of recycled ideas. In other words, if you're old and geeky enough, it's pretty hard to get really excited about the new stuff. Usually it's like "*Yawn* yeah... I see what they did there... I'll finish reading this one tomorrow... even though I'm sure I know how it'll end..." Now this comic so far... is exactly the opposite to that. It's li ...more
Marijan
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I'm just loving this series. It's kinda short per issue but I think that also gives it the fast paced feel. Things keep turning up that make the plot "thicken". And I'm loving the end section with the Newspaper delivery guild, it very cleverly draws you into the period when the action is supposed to take place (80s) and all the anachronisms that come with it (sexism, anti-communism etc).
Lauren LaTulip
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loving Paper Girls! don't think I could get enough of this. Complicated time travel plot with everyday friendships as a foil, not sure I've unwrapped all the sci-fi layers, but beautiful colours and often funny.
Malu
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Not really sure about what is happening but I am going the read until Vol. 5 tonight because YES!!!!!
Darinda
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Four 12-year-old paper girls get caught in the action when monsters/aliens invade. Weird and fun.
Samah (The Nerdy Blogger)
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
this feels a lot like Stranger Things meet Ghostbusters! which is even chooler for a 90 kid like me!!
Riri
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-comics
I’m confused as hell
Anna Heidick
These last couple issues keep a good amount of intrigue to keep you reading and hooked into the story. Characters are doing great and the story is pacing well.
James Deviese
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s interesting, but I’m not sure I want to commit beyond the 3.
Swati
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
what is going on... things just blew up !!!
Justin
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So the first two issues pretty much bedazzled me with the art, the colors and the characters. I've already made it clear I am not a fan of Vaughan's previous work on Y: The Last Man nor the ongoing Saga, but Paper Girls has me thoroughly sold in virtually every aspect. I like that this is an homage to '80s culture and memorabilia, while focusing less on the flashy fashion and music of the time. I find that the 1980s is a common tribute in works of fiction and music; some are way too "in your fac ...more
Paige
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: single-issues
I really honestly wish every issue would STOP ENDING ON A CLIFFHANGER. It's so good, but the wait is so painful. There has been no resolution from the last two issues. The plot just keeps on thickening. Now we know who the ninja guys are. But what's up with the weird fake Shakespearan speaking dudes in the silver armor. Are they good are they bad? What's this wormhole with the dinosaurs even doing? When will something ever be explained?
Caprice
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm not going to carry on with this comic. I don't find the story or characters very compelling. I was really hoping I would enjoy this series because I think that Brian K. Vaughan is a brilliant writer but this comic isn't very good in my opinion. Well... it's not that it's bad or anything just kind of boring. Typically I would love a weird comic like this but for whatever reason I don't connect with any of it.
Sam Wescott
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This just keeps getting better and the distress of waiting for each tiny bit of story is increasing exponentially. I love the art, LOVE the rawdy girl group adopts timid newbie trope, and am really getting sucked into the sci-fi story. Highly recommend for anyone with the patience to wait for a comic to be written in real time.
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ok so now that I read the 3 that are out I can safely say that the art is AMAZING! I LOVE IT!

But as far as the story goes I'm gonna need a bit more before I make a decision. So I'm gonna give this series another issue.
I'm gonna be honest and say I think this series is a bit over hyped.
Shannon
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Why are so many reviewers saying they don't like how "weird" this comic is? Aren't comics inherently supposed to be weird? Isn't that neat? The world in this series is crazy and weird and fascinating.
Edna
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
What is going on?! It's confusing and weird and I'm not sure exactly what's happening (I guess apocalypse/time traveling?) but it was exciting. I didn't expect that beginning with Erin or that ending reveal. Intriguing stuff.
Kim Song
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not a bad issue overall. The beginning and ending of this issue had me on the edge of my seat. Everything in the middle could probably have been skipped. I'm hoping the "middle stuff" would be more interesting later in the series and I'd have to go back and re-read this issue.
Ana
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Weirdest. Comic book. EVER. And I'm hooked! (Then again, this creation is coming from the bizarrely brilliant mind of SAGA's author, so should I be surprised??) What on extraterrestrial Shakespearean and Teenage Mutant Alien Ninjas is gonna happen next!?

• Fence #12 (Fence, #12)
  • Unnatural #1
  • Heavy Vinyl #4
  • Heavy Vinyl #3
  • Heavy Vinyl #2
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Paper Girls (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Paper Girls #1