Start by marking “A Forbidden Love (Scottish Werebear, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Forbidden Love (Scottish Werebear, #3)

A Forbidden Love

(Scottish Werebear #3)

Alison Campbell’s reality is far from ordinary. All her life she’s been told that there are things that go bump in the night; dangerous creatures that are half animal, half man. Not only that, she’s one of the chosen ones whose job it is to protect humanity from these monsters by rooting them all out. That is why she’s trying to get close to some of them, by posing as an ...more
Published November 23rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about A Forbidden Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Forbidden Love

Start your review of A Forbidden Love (Scottish Werebear, #3)
Cheesecake
Alison the human and Jamie the lovable bear.
Again with the ugly cover art!
So Alison and Jamie are not being honest. Alison is pretending to help the Alliance but is actually the daughter of a Sons of Domnall leader. In fact, she and Jamie share a history and it ain't pretty.
Yet despite the set up for an angst-fest, the story stays low key. Alison grew up being indocrinated about the evils of shifters. Jamie lives with the guilt of something from his childhood that he can never change.
A little
Lindsay
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely my favorite of the first three books. This is what I wanted in the other 2…Jamie and Alison actually spent time together and you could feel an immediate connection between them. It didn’t hurt that there was also a small past between them, and that Jamie had been dreaming of her since he was 12 years old. So the connection was there for me.

Plus, the suspense part of the story was extremely well done, keeping me on the edge of my seat as to how things would go down since
Lara
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you love angst, this is not the series for you. I'm not a fan of angst, so am really enjoying it, even if the lack of upset isn't really believable. But then, shifters aren't real either, so why quibble? In this third novelette, Aidan's boss finds himself mated (view spoiler). Although, there isn't much surprise in the identities of each, or how they relate to each other without them previously realizing it.

I liked Alison as a character--she has gone along with
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
When your world changes for the better or at least rights itself to the perception you had as a child. Alison finds that what has been instilled in her most of her life has been a skewed portion of the reality they lived in. Jamie life has been shaped by an event that occurred twenty years before. Fate intervenes and brings the two back together again with different outcome.

More pieces of the human vs hunters puzzle falls into place with some help from key characters.
Cynthia
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This part of the series fills in a few blanks from Jamie past with a lead to his long lost family member. Things come to a head with The Sons of Domnall and Alliance as they go head to head bring back one of their own. Way more is lost then lives leave family torn in to. Alison is about to get some home truths that won’t settle to well with a few and leaves her life up in the air pulled in to different direction she is going to have to make some very tough decisions. In this book you find out ...more
LiLu
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Lovely Re-read!

Another re-read, the whole series, in order. So glad I’m doing it, not just to leave a review, but I thourghly enjoyed reading this book the first time, and actually picked up a couple of new things too. Loved the action, and the mate recognition, and all that entails!! This is a book that can be read multiple times and enjoyed each time!!
Jan
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The publisher's blurb is rather extensive, so no need for a recap. The deep personal conflict that the main characters feel is managed very well and the story grabs you and makes you finish it in one sitting. Excellent!
Patrick Blackthorne is excellent as narrator.
Shannan
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great audio book. Will put review here later
Jennifer beck
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good Book and Good series!!
HEChapter -Tina J
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-fantasy
MY THOUGHTS
Provided by Author in Exchange for an Honest Review

Judging a Book by it's Cover:
Same great, vibrant colors as the first two novellas. This bear looks much less friendly. The composition of the model looks very unnatural and rather blobulous. Synopsis states it can stand alone, but this series reads more like a serial, where one one links onto and continues to the next. Definitely better to read from the beginning and in order.
Looking Deeper:
Third-person POV narrative. Jamie
Renee
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of Audiobook Blast.

This is the third book in this series and it continues to surprise and capture the reader/listeners interest. A Forbidden Love is the story of Jamie Abbott, the Shifter Alliance Team Leader, based in Edinburgh, Scotland and the Alison Campbell, who happens to be the daughter of the head of the Sons of Domnall.

The story opens with a Prologue describing the
T.M. Payne
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jamie at 12 yrs old was ready to shift to his bear but it would not happen until he turned 13. While at the beach one day with his younger brother, he goes off and meets a young girl and for the life of him, he has not forgotten her. However, Jamie also has no idea what happened to his younger brother.

Jamie is the leader with the Alliance the same one Aidan works for and the ones who are trying to protect other shifters from those god-forsaken humans who keep capturing and killing shifters.
Mommaleena
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
•Allies
Jamie a bear shifter is the leader of their branch of the Alliance, he's trying to break the prisoners of The Sons of Domnall they've captured. While at the same time he cannot sleep and continues to dream of the girl with green eyes he met when he was twelve, the day his world collapsed because his little brother disappeared.
Alison has grown up knowing that all shifters are evil animals and the world would be a better place without them. She's trying to infiltrate the Alliance for her
Racy
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jamie Abbott was a bear shifter and Alliance leader. He had somethings that haunted his past. He blamed himself for his brother’s disappearance. There is also this red headed girl that haunts his dreams every night.

Alison Carter was a secret informative for the Alliance. She was human and had been raised a certain way that could hinder things with her being Jamie’s fated mate. She knew Jamie looked familiar but could not put her finger on why.

The pull between Jamie and Alison will be strong.
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Leader of the local team for the Alliance, Jamie Abbot, has been dreaming of only one girl for 20 years. One minute conversation marked this girl by is inner bear as his mate, but she also is the reason his has been searching for the one person he loved and lost that same day, his baby brother, Matty. He has been searching for the redhead that invades his dreams, aging as he does, until his meeting with the informant. He never would have expected 20 years of looking will be meeting face to face ...more
Kimmie
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well this one was more interesting as you go. This is the third
story in the set of books. they are truly something else each
one of these mating as the shifter species are not meant to
be. so they have to hide from the other sisters hand from the
Sons of Domnall here and there and kill all shifters. This
book is Jamie and Alison Story. Alison is human and Jamie
is there and they're not meant to be in normal circumstance
but she also works for the enemy. But as those she's learned
that not all
Jaime
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romance, shifter
This book, more so than the others in the series, challenged the characters to make choices to be together - whether they should accept the stories they've heard about each other since they were kids, whether to defend their mate or their family. I really enjoyed this book, probably more than the other two so far in the series. The characters had to overcome so much together and I can't wait to read more as they set off on their next rescue mission.

This was the third book in the series. You
Ceola
Nov 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Scottish WEREBEAR A FORBIDDEN LOVE

The first two books left me WANTING TO HEAR JAMIES STORY, I was on pins and needles in anticipation! however?...
Not too sure about this one.I understand the concept in these shifter books. MATE trumps ALL! However Allison devastated Jamie's life. Left his parents and him in deep grief. Yet he forgives her without a second thought. This is stretching MY imagination to the snapping point. It was an ok read.
this was given to me by the author for and honest review
Andrea
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance suckers
Shelves: scotland, romance
I loved it. I loved them all, really. And I'm reallt excited for the fourth one.
I loved that the author gave us a view of this male protagonist's past. And how she went into the internal stuggle of the female protagonist.
I loved the writing. Short book, but still.
It still challenged the rules, and I'm all up for that. Werebear-human thing.
Idk.
I really loved them all and I recommend to everyone out there who likes romance, they're short, but sweet. And the characters are all lovable.
Nicole
May 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC of this book from the author for an honest review.

I think it was a nice, decent story, but not as good as the previous one. I wished it could've been longer because all of the themes and problems that surged during the story had way more depth than they were given and they just solved themselves pretty quickly. Steamy scenes were pretty normal as well as characters.

Overall, a nice read to pass time but nothing overly impressive.
Deborah
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An ARC was given to me for an honest review. Some fanatics are trying to wipe shifters off the face of the earth. This is about the daughter of the head fanatic finding out that possibly all she's been told her whole life about shifters might be a lie. In the leader of the Alliance meeting her again may help him to find someone he has been looking for since he was a child. This is an entertaining and interesting read. Enjoy I did.
Lori Vandenburg
This was the third book in the series, but could be read as a stand alone. Jamie and Alison are an unexpected and unlikely pair. However, you can not predict who your mate might be. There is no fighting that intense sense of belonging. This was a quick read. If you enjoy the paranormal then you will like this. I received this book from IndieSage PR in exchange for an honest review.
Raina Collins
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Third book in the romance series of Scottish Werebears. Jamie is a bear shifter and works protecting shifters against humans that hunt shifters. Alison is from a family of hunters. She is trying to spy on shifters, but the moment she meets Jaime everything changes. Fated mates just can't resist each other.

Received book from author for an honest review.
Melissa
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Love the characters and storyline. Each book in this series can be read as a stand alone, but they build off of each other. Besides if you read one you will want to read them all. Can't wait to read Matty's story.
Cheryl Montgomery-Nolan
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Jamie Abbott - a werebear - who works tirelessly for wereanimals. He meets a woman and is inexplicably drawn to her. She is he mate he has been waiting for - except her family is against wereanimals. This is a very sweet story and also fairly explicit.
ShoSho
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This was better than the first 2, it had less illogical things in it!!lol
It was a fun short audiobook and I can't wait to jump to the next one.
Sandra
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Me encantan hasta ahora todos los libros de la serie, y se ve que los demás serán buenos
Luzmaria Morneault-welton
A cute shifter novella. It had me interested from start to finish. Great plot, great character building and well written.
Boosmummy
rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2016
Ingrid Nilsson
Sep 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Holding Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Timber: The Bad Boy's Baby (The Mountain Man's Babies, #1)
  • Her Mountain Prince
  • Courted By The Mountain Prince (The Mountain Prince #1)
  • Charmed By The Mountain Prince (The Mountain Prince #2)
  • Crowned By The Mountain Prince (The Mountain Prince #3)
  • A Beautiful Funeral (The Maddox Brothers, #5)
  • Beautiful Burn (The Maddox Brothers, #4)
Lorelei Moone is an author of paranormal romance based in London. A lover of all things sweet and caffeinated, when she's not writing about sexy bear shifters and their strong-willed curvaceous love interests, Lorelei can be found baking cookies or cakes for her family.

She got her start writing bear shifters in the well received Scottish Werebear series (2015-2016), and its spin-off, Alpha Squad

Scottish Werebear (6 books)
  • An Unexpected Affair (Scottish Werebear, #1)
  • A Dangerous Business (Scottish Werebear, #2)
  • A New Beginning (Scottish Werebear, #4)
  • A Painful Dilemma (Scottish Werebear, #5)
  • A Second Chance (Scottish Werebear, #6)