Start by marking “Bound by One Scandalous Night (The Scandalous Summerfields, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bound by One Scandalous Night (The Scandalous Summerfields, #2)

Bound by One Scandalous Night

(The Scandalous Summerfields #2)

Marrying a stranger

On the eve of battle, Lieutenant Edmund Summerfield rescues mysterious Amelie Glenville from attack by marauding soldiers. Heady from the anticipation and uncertainty in the air, they spend the night together, but their scandalous actions have one inescapable consequence…!

The illegitimate son of an aristocrat, Edmund won't consign his unborn child to t
Published March 22nd 2016 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Bound by One Scandalous Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by One Scandalous Night

Susan
Good book about two people with scandal in their backgrounds who come together in a scandal of their own. The night before the battle of Waterloo, Edmund rescues Amelie from an attack. She is his half-sister's sister-in-law, one he has been drawn to but feels is too far above him. The emotions of the night overpower their common sense and they give in to the attraction they feel. Three months later, Edmund discovers that Amelie is carrying his child and insists on marrying her.

Amelie had been en
Gaby Cordova
Si quieren conocer cómo comenzó toda la historia de Edmund y Amelie deben de leer el primer libro de esta serie ya que en este libro no te cuentan del todo lo que pasó antes en su primeros encuentros.
Que puedo decir esta novela fue mucho drama, llanto y casi nada de romance ni felicidad.
Sí me gustó, es decir, la autora DG escribe muy bien tiene coherencia, es rápida y dinámica pero si le falta ponerle un poco más de entusiasmo. Hubo muy poquitas escenas que me hicieron sentir mil cosas y las de
Amelia
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Scandalous Summerfields miniseries is about a group of siblings who are trying to overcome the humiliating behavior of their parents, but before they can find lasting love, they have to prevail over shameful events in their own lives. The half-brother of three sisters constantly lives with the humiliation of being illegitimate, and now a new incident will just add more gossip about him. Whether Edmund Summerfield can prove that he is a worthy hero will depend on how he responds when he finds ...more
Debra Guyette
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing

With a major battle looming, Lieutenant Edmund Summerfield notices a young woman alone and being accosted. Amelie Glenville knew she should not have been alone that night especially when emotions ran high. But when he saved her and realized who she was, one scandalous night follows, leaving behind consequences.

When Edmund learns of these consequences, he resolves to not allow his child to be raised as an illegitimate child. One himself, he knows first hand the difficulties, the feeling of not be
Coral
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Plot: 4/5
Characterisation: 3/5
Prose: 3/5
How much I enjoyed it: 4/5
Regina
Mar 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.
Despite starting off barely knowing each other, Edmund and Amelie were great communicators and trusted each other early on. What a joy it was to not have to slog through misunderstandings! One huge hurdle they faced was Amelie's parents' and their unwillingness to accept Edmund as her husband. This conflict only strengthened the young couples' bond, and I really enjoyed watching their marriage develop into something special. Even when they faced tragedy, they learned to
Ingrid Hahn
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I LOVED this book! Such a joy to read. With my little one, I get a few minutes to read every few days--if I'm lucky--and it was extra tough to put this one down. I loved Edmund. Gaston is a wonderful writer.
August Head
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Renaissancecat22
May 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed A Reputable Rake so I decided to try another one of her more recent books. What happened??? It's like Gaston spent 10+ years forgetting how to write. A Reputable Rake wasn't perfect and the characters behavior was a little silly at times but Bound By One Scandalous Night is... amateurish. It's like she got burned out or even handed it off to someone else with no experience to write. I don't know what to say. The descriptions are completely flat. The characterization is almost nonexiste ...more
Mary Craven
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoying this series. So close to the action at Waterloo and the aftermath of that great battle in British history. Really like the down-to-earth characters of Edmund and Amelie. Patience, love and trust are hard won, but so very wonderful to have.
Elaine
It was o.k. 3☆
Maggie Tideswell
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although Regency is not my favorite, I thoroughly enjoyed Daine Gaston's version of it. Definitely a scandalous start for the regency era, it captivated me nearly from the first page. I adored Edmond - the strong silent type - although I felt like slapping Amelie for not being more transparent to him. Maybe that was how girls were in that era and why I'm not fond of the period. I enjoyed this book very much, over all.
Leone (She Reads too Much Romance)

To be fairly honest I had a tough time just trying to push myself into reading Bound by One Scandalous Night in order to write a balanced review. The writing was decent in both the description and romance, but it just wasn't strong enough in comparison with some of the best romance writers of the modern world. The romance it wasn't too bad, but there wasn't enough chemistry for me to enjoy it fully, even though I felt the characters genuinely loved one another. The romance was what a reader woul
April
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Disappointing, tepid Regency romance from Diane Gaston. Set right before Waterloo and shortly after it is the story of how illegitimate Lieutenant Edmund Summerfield saves the pure Amelie Glenville (a Viscount's daughter) from a vagabond's ravishing. Needless to say they develop quite a relationship and scandal follows them.

The best parts of this book was Lieutenant Summerfield's step-sister Genna who appears to be the subject of Gaston's next book in this series, Bound By a Scandalous Secret.
Penny Hampson
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
The plotting and story were both good, but I felt this book wasn't up to the author's normally high standard.
Geri
May 25, 2018
Omayra
rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2018
Sahar
rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2017
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jan 04, 2016 08:15AM
Diane Gaston’s dream job had always been to write romance novels. One day she decided to pursue that dream and has never looked back; she is now writing full-time. Her books have won Romance’s highest honour—the RITA Award, the National Readers Choice Award and the Golden Heart. She lives in Virginia with her husband and three very ordinary house cats. Diane loves to hear from readers and friends.

The Scandalous Summerfields (4 books)
  • Bound by Duty (The Scandalous Summerfields, #1)
  • Bound by a Scandalous Secret (The Scandalous Summerfields #3)
  • Bound by Their Secret Passion (The Scandalous Summerfields, #4)