Start by marking “The Daredevil Snared (The Adventurers Quartet, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Daredevil Snared (The Adventurers Quartet, #3)

The Daredevil Snared

(The Adventurers Quartet #3)

He has something to prove

Captain Caleb Frobisher, hedonistic youngest son of a seafaring dynasty, wants to be taken seriously. Seizing the next leg of the covert mission his brothers are pursuing, he acts decisively and effectively in securing the mission's objectives. But responsibility has taken root, and he remains in the jungle to ensure the mission's ultimate goal.

S
Mass Market Paperback, 443 pages
Published June 28th 2016 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about The Daredevil Snared, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Daredevil Snared

Jean
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, historical
I don't know if it's because of "middle book" syndrome or what, but this was the worst book in this quartet so far. If there were half star ratings, it'd get 1.5. I finished it in 5 hours because I skimmed and flipped through most of it going "don't care, don't care". There's a difference between adding details for world building and bludgeoning your readers with them. And the character I was the most interested in was the plot moppet ("a small child who has no purpose or development except to d ...more
Susan
This is the third book in the series and my favorite so far. At the end of the previous book, A Buccaneer at Heart, Caleb has stolen Robert's journal and departed for Freetown, to take up the next leg of the investigation. He is the youngest of the brothers and considered to be rather reckless. He wants the respect and trust of his brothers, and has been unable to convince them that he can be responsible.

As this book opens, Caleb and his crew, and fellow captain and friend Philippe and his crew,
Jenny Clark
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lissy Liz
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Geez, this was a loooong asssss story.
I feel it kept talking about he same issues, concerns and problems over and over again. It was never ending regarding the mine, the risks etc...
But, fuck I have to read the last one to sort all this shot out.
BJ Rose
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-regency, adventure
Really closer to 3.5*, but 3* isn't enough. The tension in the slaving compound and the mining stratagems (delaying tactics) brought the tension level up and counterbalanced the author's writing style. And the cliffhanger was really expected, since the 4th and final mission is in the last book.
Barbara Rogers
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 3 in the Adventurers Quartet series -- the whole series is just WOW!!! I love Stephanie Laurens and she has absolutely outdone herself with this series. This book is just out and I can't wait for the next one. You really, really need to read this series in order because each book builds on the last. You could certainly read and enjoy this book as a stand-alone, but you would be missing such a rich background for the book!

In this series, the four Frobisher brothers each undertake a s
Kristina Deluise
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this is what I would call the bridge book, in most series it's usually the 2nd book,

but in this series it's the 3rd book,

and it drove me a little crazy as there was no "conclusion" type of thing because the real conclusion would be in book 4
Donna
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very good continuation in the mystery that is this series. Caleb, youngest of the 4 Frobisher brothers, stole his older brother's notebook and has sailed to Africa to discover what has happened to the missing people. Along with his friend, Captain Phillipe Lascelle, they find the slaver's camp and mine in the jungle. After sending his ship home with detailed maps, he has to wait for help before being able to free the prisoners.

They meet a young boy, Diccon, who is allowed out of the camp to pick
Ballerina60
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
eyes.2c
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't like being left hanging. But there you are. Now have to wait for the final of the Adventurers Quartet to see everything come together!
Mariana
I think the rhythm of this quartet of books is perfect for an audio book. Although I have not listened to another narrator in years, I think Steve West does an amazing job!
Sheila Melo
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
FINAL DECISION: My favorite of the series so far.  I loved the hero Caleb and I thought the story was active and interesting and I loved that Caleb and Kate spent so much time together falling in love.

THE STORY:  Caleb Frobisher, the youngest brother, has taken on the next part of the mission -- without permission. His brothers have worked to discover the secret of the missing English people in the West African town of Freetown. People are being abducted by slavers to work in a mine.  Caleb is t
AnnMarie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Daredevil Snared is the third book in The Adventurers Quartet series by Stephanie Laurens.

It's important to note that this book ends on a cliffhanger! A while back I read the fourth book in the series! A big mistake really because the angst I should have been feeling towards the captives in the story just wasn't there because I knew how it would end for them. But if you are sensible and read this book first then I am sure you will appreciate the drama!

OK, so...Katherine Fortescue is working
THE DAREDEVIL SNARED ( The Adventurers Quartet #3) by Stephanie Laurens

3 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: RELEASE DATE June 28, 2016

He has something to prove

Captain Caleb Frobisher, hedonistic youngest son of a seafaring dynasty, wants to be taken seriously. Seizing the next leg of the covert mission his brothers are pursuing, he acts decisively and effectively in securing the mission's objectives. But responsibility has taken root, and he remains in the jungle to ensure the mission's ultimate goal.

She wi
Paraphrodite
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, listened
Michelle
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great continuation of The Adventurers Quartet by Stephanie Laurens. This story does build on the previous stories so I do not recommend reading this as a stand-alone. The baby brother of a shipping family, Caleb is ready for his chance to prove that he can be depended on and carrying on the mission that his family has accepted is his best way. He and his family have tracked down white slavers capturing men, women, and children who are being forced to mine diamonds. With the diamonds running lo ...more
E.
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
“The Daredevil Snared” by Stephanie Laurens is Volume 3 in ‘The Adventurers Quartet’ series and centers on Caleb Frobisher as he follows the clues provided by his brothers and investigates the dangerous mystery that results in him meeting Katherine (Kate) Fortescue. Together, Caleb and Kate search for a way to thwart a sadistic captor, free all of those caught in the man's evil web, and pursue their mutual attraction.

This historical romance story is an interesting combination of exotic locale,
Lynne Tull
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
I think I have said this in my reviews of 'Stephanie Laurens' books. It bears repeating. She is the Queen of stretching out a 'love' scene. This time she stretched out this story by mining diamonds: diamond by diamond. I love the story, the characters, and the mystery. I also like that the story continues from book to book/brother to brother. However, I hope to never read about another diamond. I skipped a lot until I got to the end of this installment. Thanks goodness the last installment is co ...more
Kim Vanravenswaay
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
The Daredevil Snared is a very slow pace book. Part of this comes from the fact that every detail is thoroughly written. EVERY FACT. The relationship between Caleb and Kate comes together rather quickly. They share their wants and needs for their future together almost right away, so therefore the rest of the book is full of the mine and how to stretch out the time that they have.
If you've read book 1 and 2 then of course this book is needed for the next step as there still is one final book in
Lady-Erin Mason
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cliffhanger?! I hate cliffhangers. I know why she did it and it makes absolute sense but I want to know what happens next and the next book seems so far away! Gah! It'll be interesting to see how Caleb and his men deal with the mine. I'm also intrigued by the oldest brother and his mysterious lady companion. So many questions to be answered so I need the next book now. Gimme
Nanci
Aug 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I liked this addition to the Adventurers Quartet. However, I might really just give it 2.5 stars. It felt like the author was just dragging out the story. I thought it was way too slow in the 2nd half of the book. Even so, this is a fun story and I am anxiously awaiting the end of it.
Diane
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So long and drawn out...I guess I'm not a great fan of the writing style, although I wanted to love this story.
Clarice
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the nest one.
Robin
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
I couldn't get through this novel fast enough. It was tedious, which was a waste of a great character. Caleb Frobisher is by far the most charming of the four Frobisher brothers and his friend Reynard Lascelles was no slouch either. The quest to prove himself to his three older brothers was also an interesting character study, but unfortunately though littered with engaging moments the weight of the struggle to survive and escape being slave laborers in a diamond mine overseen by the sadistic Du ...more
Jan
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Frobisher ships and crews have performed many missions for the British government under letters of marque. In this series (The Adventurers Quartet), the Crown is sending the brothers on a sequence of missions to discover if people missing from the Freetown, W. Africa colony have left of their own volition or should they now be presumed kidnapped? If kidnapped, how are they selected, for what purpose have they been taken, and who is involved?

Youngest brother Caleb Frobisher is a skilled captain,
Amalie Simper
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018, romance
Honestly, i knew that this book would be one of the other brothers in the series finding his woman, but at least it was in a different method that the others. We learn more about what is happening in the settlement of Freetown, we learn the location of the mine and the rest of the details are in the reading of the book. Of course this book was left as a cliffhanger because Caleb's job was to find the location of the mine and take that info back to England. So, from the beginning of the book I kn ...more
Cynthia
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nautical, 2019
The third installment of finding the people who have gone missing in Freetown, Africa.

Caleb, usually the reckless youngest brother of the Frobishers, set off without permission on the third leg of the journey. To show his brothers that he could be trusted with more covert missions, he's playing by the book; using his brain and not rushing into things. He succeeds in finding the mining operation out in the jungle, where all the missing persons have been taken to.

Katherine Fortescue, governess tu
Annette
O M G!!!!!!! This must be one of the most boring books I have ever read. It took me well over 8 weeks to get through this book. I was determined to finish it or die. I got through it only to be bitterly disappointed in the end. Thhe ending was a cliff hanger and the story continues into the next book. First off, I did not read the first book because when I downloaded the book, I was unaware it was part of a series and secondly I will probably never know the ending because I fear the next book wi ...more
Alicja
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Well, shortly, it is not romance and not Laurens :-) the greater part is the description of the rescue trip, the prisoner's camp where people working on diamond extraction. Organization of the work of the camp, the cruelty of his supervisor, etc .. We can learn a lot about problems with diamond digging, organization of the principals, transport problems ... What do we know about the heroes? They met in difficult circumstances, they can only talk, touch their hands and sometimes kiss secretly. Of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please add cover 4 13 Feb 26, 2017 02:37PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 14, 2016 10:16AM

• A Scandalous Proposal (Little Season, #2)
  • A Gentleman's Guide to Scandal (Birch Hall Romance, #2)
  • The Worthington Wife
  • A Study in Scoundrels (Romancing the Rules, #2)
  • Christmas Spirit (Cutter's Creek #7.4)
  • The Betrothed (Cutter's Creek #6)
  • Only an Earl Will Do (To Marry a Rogue, #1)
  • The Duke of Deception (The Untouchables, #3)
  • Border Wedding (Border Trilogy II, #1)
  • The Match of the Century (Marrying the Duke, #1)
  • The Defiant Heart (Heart, #2)
  • The Importance of Being Scandalous (A Tale of Two Sisters, #1)
  • Lorna Loves a Lawyer (Brides with Grit #9)
  • The Nutcracker Bride (12 Brides of Christmas #2)
  • The Warrior Laird (Highlander Brothers, #1)
  • The Renegade Merchant (Gareth and Gwen Medieval Mysteries, #7)
  • Desire's Prize
  • The Saxon Outlaw's Revenge
Stephanie Laurens was born in Sri Lanka, which was at the time the British colony of Ceylon. When she was 5, her family moved to Melbourne, Australia, where she was raised. After continuing through school and earning a Ph.D. in Biochemistry in Australia, Stephanie and her husband moved to Great Britain, taking one of the last true overland journeys from Katmandu to London.

Once in London, Stephanie

The Adventurers Quartet (4 books)
  • The Lady's Command (The Adventurers Quartet, #1)
  • A Buccaneer at Heart (The Adventurers Quartet, #2)
  • Lord of the Privateers (The Adventurers Quartet, #4)