Start by marking “The Chapter's Due” as Want to Read:
The Chapter's Due

The Chapter's Due

(Ultramarines #6)

Chapters Due is the sixth book in the Ultramarine series that chronicles the saga of Uriel Ventris and the fourth company battling the forces of chaos and xenos in the 41st millenium.
Published August 16th 2016 by Games Workshop (first published May 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Chapter's Due, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chapter's Due

Callum Shephard
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If there’s one thing which needs to be said about The Chapter’s Due, it’s that everything which takes place is on a grand scale. Right from the introductory chapter you’re made aware of just how high the stakes are and just how dangerous the foe the Ultramarines face is.

After spending his own series rebuilding his forces and preparing for the assault, Warsmith Honsou launches an all-out assault upon the home system of the Ultramarines: Ultramar. His opening attack completely devastates one of it
Jeff
May 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Details:
The Chapter’s Due by Graham McNeill
Black Library Publishing
320 pages
*advance review copy.

Description:
War is unending in the life of a Space Marine. After defeating tau forces, Captain Uriel Ventris of the Ultramarines has returned to the Chapter’s homeworld of Macragge, but there is little respite. The Ultramarines are thrust back into battle, and this time the enemy is the Chapter’s greatest nemesis. The traitorous Iron Warriors, led by renegade Warsmith Honsou, have gathered together a
Mark
Dec 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, warhammer
Chapter's Due is the sixth book in McNeill's Ultramarines series and for a novel that was obviously trying to be the climax of a long series, honestly I found it a disappointment. To put this review into to some context, I haven't been able to find much time for reading lately and the reading of this book has been very much in fits and starts. How much that has affected my opinion I am unsure.

After the trials and tribulations that took Uriel Ventris and his loyal sergeant Pasanius away from thei
Andrew Ziegler
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting that I read this novel directly after finishing the Book of Fire trilogy by Nick Kyme. Why? Well, Chapter's Due was written before the end of the trilogy, Nocturne, came out. But they share an awful lot of strange similarities. an awful lot. That being said, it is almost definitely for the simple reason that I read Nocturne before Chapter's Due that I liked the former a little better. Weird right?

I followed all of the Ultramarine's books, all six of them, and although they all
Derek
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abhinav
I really loved this novel. Everything has come full circle now for Uriel Ventris and Pasanius Lysane. Not to mention that this a novel about a sub-sector wide deployment for the entire chapter and Graham really delivers on that idea. Just like Nocturne by Nick Kyme, which was another novel in which an entire chapter goes to war, The Chapter's Due is a really visceral novel that'll keep you hooked from the beginning to the end. Some great set piece battles and some really fantastic camaraderie be ...more
Meitnerio
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Realmente, me lo he pasado en grande leyendo este libro. Con el anterior de Warhammer en que me quedé un poco con ganas de acción y me apetecía un libro que la tuviera por los cuatro costados. Y es que es eso justo lo que da. Adrenalina, tiros y explosiones junto con una trama sólida que permite a cualquier fan de la acción disfrutar como el que más. Sin ninguna duda, el mejor de la saga y un colofón brutalmente espectacular para la misma. Una pasada. Es así como un libro de Warhammer debería se ...more
Lexicanum
Better than "Courage and Honour". A bit boring to read in the middle - I'd say this stems from having too many parallel stories there resulting in doing none complete justice. Especially the strand "Tigurius and Calgar" seems a bit dull. Unsurprisingly the core "Uriel-Honsou-Newborn" strand is least affected by this. Will see how it turns out as I am now nearing the end of the novel.

UPDATE: yeah, not much change. The end was wrapped up too fast and was a bit predictable. So overall ok and on the
Jimmy
Sep 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 40k
Six books of being battered and kicked around the 41St millennium hasn't slowed the good Mr Ventris down. In fact for this novel he got the whole chapter to join in on the fun to be had kicking traitor ass back to the eye of terror.

it's a good read but fans might find the wider chapter view a little disconcerting after all this time sitting on one our two main character shoulders. Don't worry it's worth the effort to keep all the little Smurf names straight.
Graham Bailey
Jun 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 40k
Ultramar gets invaded by Chaos! McNeill holds nothing back in this epic sci-fi war tale; entire worlds are laid to waste and the entire Ultramarines Chapter is mobilised to combat it's corrupted threat.
What it gains in scope it loses in intimacy and it seems that Uriel and his companions are almost bit players in the grandeur of their Chapter taking to war. Some great cameos from the Raven Guard and the Inquisition.
Christian
Great set up with thee promose of incredibly scaled mass combats BUT, and its a HUGE but, no good guys that we care about die. In fact, they get written into some terrible situations and lo and behold they get rescued. After the second time this happens you realize the good guys will *yawn* win. Deus ex Machina-fest! Ugh.
Adil
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that this his second best book of the 6 in the series, why you may ask, 2 major reasons, the involvement of the raven guard in all their super badassery...although he did underplay their abilities here and there ...for tht minus a point....and second the involment of the Legion of the damned.....the ghost chapter...which spew awesome by their presence itself...
Patt
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
VERY good book and really needs a sequel BUT Leodegarius and his Grey Knights should have been involved i dont know why they were not.
Michael Borunda
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you would like to see a grown man cry, give him any of the Uriel Ventris Novels. You are your brothers keeper.
Brian
Aug 04, 2014
Thiago Marchetti
Nov 21, 2013
G1336
rated it did not like it
Mar 21, 2013
Apr 27, 2013
Matthew
Aug 20, 2013
  • Dark Apostle
  • Crimson Tears (Soul Drinkers, #3)
  • Heroes of the Space Marines
  • Victories of the Space Marines
  • Innocence Proves Nothing
  • Black Tide
  • Emperor's Mercy
  • The Emperor's Gift
Hailing from Scotland, Graham McNeill narrowly escaped a career in surveying to work for Games Workshop as a games designer. He has a strong following with his novels Nightbringer, Warriors of Ultramar, Dead Sky, Black Sun and Storm of Iron.

Ultramarines (10 books)