Start by marking “Business Cat: Money, Power, Treats” as Want to Read:
Business Cat: Money, Power, Treats

Business Cat: Money, Power, Treats

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  179 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Boss. Billionaire. Business maverick. Cat.

The only big-business tycoon boasting his own private executive litter box and luxury mega cat condo, the dashing Business Cat misses meetings because he’s stuck in trees, sends emails while napping on keyboards, and demands to be let out, then in, then out again.

This debut volume of the popular online comic The Adventures of Busin
Published September 27th 2016 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

karen
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
business cat is all business.

photo IMG_7254_zps77sysw3a.jpg  photo IMG_7255_zpsaauezem9.jpg

unless there's a box around

photo IMG_6880_zpsubj0fi1h.jpg  photo IMG_7261_zpspent01vf.jpg

or something that can be swatted

photo IMG_6889_zpsvlssqygm.jpg

i had never seen these business cat cartoons online (http://www.businesscat.happyjar.com/) because i am too old to keep up with the internet, but when i saw this book i knew i had to have it.

and it did not disappoint.

the joke is simple, but genius: put a human-sized cat in an office setting and make him king boss.

it's not too far a leap into fantasy - cats are already in charge in our hearts and homes

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Andrews McMeel knows that their audience loves cats. There is no other explanation.

Books like these can be hit or miss. I always apply for them because I love cats, but the last one I got, BREAKING CAT NEWS, was only so-so.

That is not the case with BUSINESS CAT.

For those of you who aren't into internet pop culture, Business Cat is a popular meme of a cat with a photoshopped tie. BUSINESS CAT borrows heavily from some of those memes, but als
Taryn
What would it be like if a cat ran a business? I think the author/artist nailed the answer to that!

Animal heads on human bodies creep me out, but I couldn't resist checking this one out. Business Cat looks so dapper in his suit! The 128 pages are filled with every Business Cat strip produced between January 7, 2014 and April 15, 2016, plus brand new material that is not available online. Most of the comic strips could all work individually, but there was also a story arc with Business Cat's neme
Ylenia
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
*ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, thanks again*
description
Business Cat is one of my favorite meme: it involves cats (dressed in business clothes, so cute) and because of this fact alone it's 100% relatable since I own one.

Since I'm always on the internet I saw a lot of these strips online already but in the book there was actually a story line to follow, which was interesting - especially because it introduced us to Business Pug Howard.
description

I don't have a lot to say about this.
I th
brea
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ah Business Cat, my favorite of all the business related animals.

I highly recommend all business students and entrepreneurs read this fun and informative book. You will become an A+ Business Human by following Business Cat's business habits.

This was actually a really cute and fun graphic novel.
The majority of these comics can already be found on the internet, so if I'm being completely honest, I'm not sure if it would be worth paying for, but it was certainly fun!

4 out of 5 stars!

** I receive
Peggy
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cat lovers with a sense of humor
NOTE: Received as an ARC from Netgalley

The cat in the gray flannel (furry) suit takes over corporate America, and hairball hilarity ensues. (Be forewarned--you might not want to accept his invitation to dinner.) My nephew introduced me to Business Cat on the Internet, so I was already a fan, but it’s nice to have the executive feline's adventures all in one new collection.
Gina
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: cat lovers
Hilarious. There was not a single comic in here that didn't make me laugh.
Lexxi Kitty
*I received this book from NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing in return for a fair review.*

My first book by this author. A book about business, a cat; specifically a business cat and the humor inherent in such a concept.

hehe - like, for example, a cat sitting calmly in his seat at his desk looking around, up, down, around, then calmly reaching over and pushing a coffee cup off his desk. Why? Because he is a cat.

Or leaving a dead bird for an underling. Then calmly stating 'you've earned it.'
Diana
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious. Even though is a bit strange to see a cat's head on a man's body, the result is pure genious. I have seen some of the little storyes on FB, so I really appreciate the chance to review this hilarious book. Any cat lover will appreciate the kirks of cats during all the book and will find themselves laughing like crazy. I know I did =^.^=
Nadine Jones
Business Cat loves office deliveries
Because then his office is full of empty boxes.

Business Cat likes a private belly rub
Until he's had enough

Then he bites your arm.

This was exactly the kind of weird, off-kilter humor that I love, combined with crisp clean artwork. My only problem is that I don't have cats, so while I could see that the jokes were funny, they didn't really make me laugh, because I didn't have that "btdt" reaction that a cat owner would have.
Matthew Metzdorf
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
pretty good
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
If you have read Business Cat on-line, here is a collection of the best strips, as well as, apparently, some new ones, to tie the stories together. If you have never read this, then you should check it out on line, and then go get this book.

If you have cats, if you know cats, if you work in any business, you will get the jokes in this book. It is not so funny that you roll on the floor, but it is spot on to the ways of cats and business, sometimes to the point of ridiculousness.

I'm wavering betw
Bryony Nelson
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
This was absolutely hilarious!

I received a copy of this ARC via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Marjolein
3.5 Stars

Full review to come closer to publication!
Wayne McCoy
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Business Cat: Money, Power, Treats' by Tom Fonder is a series of comic strips about a company CEO who has a human body and a cat's head. It's hilarious on a couple different levels.

He may be mostly man with a cat's head, but he acts totally like a cat. Pushing his coffee cup off his desk, sending dead birds to prize employees, and lapping up alcohol out of a dish are all things that business cat does. He also acts inappropriate during important business meetings and has a litter box in his exec
Shay Caroline
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny
Business Cat is a tycoon, captain of industry, cat, and cartoon. He's all about the bottom line until something trips him up, like an empty box to sit inside of, or a can of tuna served at a leading restaurant.

Whether he's playing with print-outs or sending employees to sensitivity training for looking at cat memes, Business Cat is hilarious. He runs toward the elevator someone is holding open for him, then sits down and won't get in. His house has a cat habitat on the roof. His Secret Santa gi
Bree
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Love cats, love memes, some parts of it were funny but I found the illustrations kinda weird and distracting most of the time. Mostly Business Cat having human hands and his "pet" having a human head.
Emily
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
A funny, cautionary tale of why cats would not be good to have as your boss. Plus cat shenanigans for good measure.
Chele
Mar 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Barking dreadful
Sarahanne
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This was weird. Obviously. Like the moments in Family Guy when Brian suddenly acts like a dog. Funny moments...in that weird way.

Hi Zhi
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quite entertaining.
Kristal
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I'm not even a cat lover and thoroughly enjoyed business cat and the ridiculous puns!
Sandra
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: popsugar-2017
Task: A book with a cat on the cover - 3.5/5 stars
Serena W. Sorrell
Cute. Husband bought this as a means to "study English" under the guise it was a present for me.

Wish there was a little more continuity at points, but beyond that it does what it does well: make one laugh.
Taylor Troncin
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Silly, silly, SILLY! I loved the book and know that it's just the thing I need to read when I'm feeling stressed!
Brandon Wofford
A little repetitve

The first few pannels were funny but it's really repetitive. If it was a dollar or two I'd say go for it, but there are comics that are much more creative for the same price.
Debbie
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Quirky humor -- add a half star if you're crazy about cats.
Crittermom
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Business Cat walks the fine line between funny and disturbing, ultimately leaving readers a bit off balance. Why? Cats and billionaire CEOs have a lot in common. Both do exactly what they want when they want without worrying about the affect on their slaves (oops staff). Neither need to work, indeed, their “help” often causes more trouble than assistance. On the other hand what is cute about our cuddly furry felines is exactly what is disturbing about the powerful men who only care about how wea ...more
Eustacia Tan
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I requested, downloaded and read this comic book in less than an hour, so... I guess you shouldn't expect a very long review.

Business Cat is precisely what it's title says - about a Cat CEO. Since I'm one of those people that like Dilbert, Garfield AND Texts from Mittens (wait, does that mean I have to go for the 'racial sensitivity training' thing? (; ), I was obviously going to read this book. And I was not disappointed.

This 130 page book is pretty short, but I chuckled quite a few times throu
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Tom Fonder is a British/Australian artist based in the United Kingdom. He graduated from Edith Cowan University in 2012 with a film degree that he has since never used. In 2014 a silly drawing of his went viral and he accidentally became a cartoonist. He specialises in drawing cats with freakish, human hands.
More about Tom Fonder