Start by marking “Business Cat: Money, Power, Treats” as Want to Read:
Business Cat: Money, Power, Treats

Business Cat: Money, Power, Treats

Boss.Billionaire. Business maverick. Cat.

The only big-business tycoon boasting his own private executive litter box and luxury mega cat condo, the dashing Business Cat misses meetings because he’s stuck in trees, sends emails while napping on keyboards, and demands to be let out, then in, then out again.

This debut volume of the popular online comicThe Adventures of
Published September 27th 2016 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Business Cat, please sign up.
Isaiah Yes. It is a collection of a webcomic.…moreYes. It is a collection of a webcomic. (less)

Start your review of Business Cat: Money, Power, Treats
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Andrews McMeel knows that their audience loves cats. There is no other explanation.

Books like these can be hit or miss. I always apply for them because I love cats, but the last one I got, BREAKING CAT NEWS, was only so-so.

That is not the case with BUSINESS CAT.

For those of you who aren't into internet pop culture, Business Cat is a popular meme of a cat with a photoshopped tie. BUSINESS CAT borrows heavily from some of those memes, but
Taryn
What would it be like if a cat ran a business? I think the author/artist nailed the answer to that!

Animal heads on human bodies creep me out, but I couldn't resist checking this one out. Business Cat looks so dapper in his suit! The 128 pages are filled with every Business Cat strip produced between January 7, 2014 and April 15, 2016, plus brand new material that is not available online. Most of the comic strips could all work individually, but there was also a story arc with Business Cat's
Ylenia
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
*ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, thanks again*
description
Business Cat is one of my favorite meme: it involves cats (dressed in business clothes, so cute) and because of this fact alone it's 100% relatable since I own one.

Since I'm always on the internet I saw a lot of these strips online already but in the book there was actually a story line to follow, which was interesting - especially because it introduced us to Business Pug Howard.
description

I don't have a lot to say about this.
I
brea
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ah Business Cat, my favorite of all the business related animals.

I highly recommend all business students and entrepreneurs read this fun and informative book. You will become an A+ Business Human by following Business Cat's business habits.

This was actually a really cute and fun graphic novel.
The majority of these comics can already be found on the internet, so if I'm being completely honest, I'm not sure if it would be worth paying for, but it was certainly fun!

4 out of 5 stars!

** I
Peggy
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cat lovers with a sense of humor
NOTE: Received as an ARC from Netgalley

The cat in the gray flannel (furry) suit takes over corporate America, and hairball hilarity ensues. (Be forewarned--you might not want to accept his invitation to dinner.) My nephew introduced me to Business Cat on the Internet, so I was already a fan, but it’s nice to have the executive feline's adventures all in one new collection.
Gina
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: cat lovers
Hilarious. There was not a single comic in here that didn't make me laugh.
Lexxi Kitty
*I received this book from NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing in return for a fair review.*

My first book by this author. A book about business, a cat; specifically a business cat and the humor inherent in such a concept.

hehe - like, for example, a cat sitting calmly in his seat at his desk looking around, up, down, around, then calmly reaching over and pushing a coffee cup off his desk. Why? Because he is a cat.

Or leaving a dead bird for an underling. Then calmly stating 'you've earned it.'
Diana
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious. Even though is a bit strange to see a cat's head on a man's body, the result is pure genious. I have seen some of the little storyes on FB, so I really appreciate the chance to review this hilarious book. Any cat lover will appreciate the kirks of cats during all the book and will find themselves laughing like crazy. I know I did =^.^=
LJ
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Adventures Of Business Cat is by far and away my favourite webcomic. The strips regularly had me hooting aloud or still sniggering for some time afterwards, which I have to admit tends to be a rare occurrence with webcomics, which are often more of a smile-silently type of affair.

So I'm pleased to have the first collection of Business Cat in book form, which contains a few extra panels here and there. It maybe lacks quite the same punch as it did online - it's unlikely that I will see a
Nadine Jones
Business Cat loves office deliveries
Because then his office is full of empty boxes.

Business Cat likes a private belly rub
Until he's had enough

Then he bites your arm.

This was exactly the kind of weird, off-kilter humor that I love, combined with crisp clean artwork. My only problem is that I don't have cats, so while I could see that the jokes were funny, they didn't really make me laugh, because I didn't have that "btdt" reaction that a cat owner would have.
Elducho
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brutal.
Cute way of showing how Capitalism works, and probably every big company (the voice of experience).

Not 5 stars, as the only female character was the 90's stereotype for a secretary... although I understand the point of the author.
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
If you have read Business Cat on-line, here is a collection of the best strips, as well as, apparently, some new ones, to tie the stories together. If you have never read this, then you should check it out on line, and then go get this book.

If you have cats, if you know cats, if you work in any business, you will get the jokes in this book. It is not so funny that you roll on the floor, but it is spot on to the ways of cats and business, sometimes to the point of ridiculousness.

I'm wavering
Bryony Nelson
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
This was absolutely hilarious!

I received a copy of this ARC via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Wayne McCoy
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Business Cat: Money, Power, Treats' by Tom Fonder is a series of comic strips about a company CEO who has a human body and a cat's head. It's hilarious on a couple different levels.

He may be mostly man with a cat's head, but he acts totally like a cat. Pushing his coffee cup off his desk, sending dead birds to prize employees, and lapping up alcohol out of a dish are all things that business cat does. He also acts inappropriate during important business meetings and has a litter box in his
Samuel Edme
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
This paperback collection is what introduced me to the webcomic Adventures of Business Cat which sadly ended its run last year due to the Tom Fonder's battle with depression.

Synopsis: Business Cat is a cat with a human body who is the tycoon of one of the most affluent corporations run by an anthropomorphic animal besides his competitor, Business Dog and on the far lower end of the spectrum, Business Crab (and yes, that's their actual names).

My thoughts: I found the absurdist surrealism in the
Shay Caroline
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny
Business Cat is a tycoon, captain of industry, cat, and cartoon. He's all about the bottom line until something trips him up, like an empty box to sit inside of, or a can of tuna served at a leading restaurant.

Whether he's playing with print-outs or sending employees to sensitivity training for looking at cat memes, Business Cat is hilarious. He runs toward the elevator someone is holding open for him, then sits down and won't get in. His house has a cat habitat on the roof. His Secret Santa
Bree
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Love cats, love memes, some parts of it were funny but I found the illustrations kinda weird and distracting most of the time. Mostly Business Cat having human hands and his "pet" having a human head.
Sarahanne
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This was weird. Obviously. Like the moments in Family Guy when Brian suddenly acts like a dog. Funny moments...in that weird way.

Emily
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
A funny, cautionary tale of why cats would not be good to have as your boss. Plus cat shenanigans for good measure.
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Why did they have to give him a human body? It’s so creepy.
Carol Cotter
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Out loud funny. It's like dilbert for cat lovers.
The book has an extra panel for each of the cartoons, its double the laughs.
Chele
Mar 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Barking dreadful
Ana Krallen
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Entertaining and surprising. A good comic.
ReadWithE
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Very cute and gave me the giggles several times. I had never seen any content where business cat talked...it added room for some good jokes but some of the implications were a little ick.
Kristal
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I'm not even a cat lover and thoroughly enjoyed business cat and the ridiculous puns!
Lana
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick but very entertaining read! It was hilarious!! Reminds me of The Office (bonus because one of the characters looks like Jim Halpert) and Jack (the mascot of Jack in the Box). Very good!
Lea
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite webcomics. Literally laughed out loud reading the book. Finished in one sitting. $15 is a bit overpriced but it’s good for an afternoon.
Thegirlintheafternoon
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: popsugar-2017
Task: A book with a cat on the cover - 3.5/5 stars
Serena W. Sorrell
Cute. Husband bought this as a means to "study English" under the guise it was a present for me.

Wish there was a little more continuity at points, but beyond that it does what it does well: make one laugh.
Taylor Troncin
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Silly, silly, SILLY! I loved the book and know that it's just the thing I need to read when I'm feeling stressed!

• Breaking Cat News: Cats Reporting on the News that Matters to Cats
  • L'Enfer, le silence (Blacksad, #4)
  • Poorly Drawn Lines: Good Ideas and Amazing Stories
  • Super Chill: A Year of Living Anxiously
  • The Worrier's Guide to Life
  • Amarillo (Blacksad, #5)
  • Fowl Language: Welcome to Parenting
  • La casa
  • Herding Cats (Sarah's Scribbles, #3)
  • Descender, Vol. 6: The Machine War
  • Archivos Estelares
  • El último cómic de la historia
  • La sonrisa etrusca
  • Plate Tectonics: An Illustrated Memoir
  • The Legend of Luther Strode
  • The Strange Talent of Luther Strode
  • Sugar Vol. 1
  • The Legacy of Luther Strode
Tom Fonder is a British/Australian artist based in the United Kingdom. He graduated from Edith Cowan University in 2012 with a film degree that he has since never used. In 2014 a silly drawing of his went viral and he accidentally became a cartoonist. He specialises in drawing cats with freakish, human hands.