Start by marking “Taking Connor” as Want to Read:
Taking Connor

Taking Connor

There’s a stereotype for how a convicted felon appears to the public.

Connor Stevens fit that bill.

His reputation preceded him. With a hard body and vivid tattoos dispersed across his flesh, he certainly drew the judgmental eyes of conservative tight-asses. Even I had those same thoughts…regardless of how highly Blake spoke of him.

But those opinions were about to be chal
Published October 23rd 2015 by B N Toler

To ask other readers questions about Taking Connor, please sign up.
B.N. Toler As of right now, it is. Buttttttttt....if my lovely readers want more, I might be able to be persuaded.

Jennifer Kyle
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I really liked the first 75 percent of this story. Even though I was getting antsy from the anticipation of Demi and Connor finally getting together, it was going very well for me. I was enjoying the wait and had high hopes for when these two finally would get together. Instead, the last 25 percent is a whole plot that I didn't care for nor need.

description

I think the author should have kept the ending of this story about the couple instead of throwing in all that craziness that occurs from 80 percent to
Snow
Amazing book...
Fucking powerful and gripping story...
I need to sleep on it...and review later...

5 gripping stars

the beginning of the blurb goes like this:
„There’s a stereotype for how a convicted felon appears to the public.Connor Stevens fit that bill. His reputation preceded him. With a hard body and vivid tattoos dispersed across his flesh, he certainly drew the judgmental eyes of conservative tight-asses.

But those opinions were about to be challenged.“

And B. N. Toler did it again…

She CHALLEN
✿kawehi.reviews
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

description

“It was you, Demi. You…feel like home. I knew it the moment I saw you. You’re a pillar, a rock. And it’s all I ever wanted.”

Taking Connor was just beautiful. Just simply, beautiful. I even choked up during it near the ending. Just sayin.’

It was about taking risks and second chances that you don't get so easily in life.... It was about paying homage and honoring the wishes of your loved ones.... And most import
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
**༻Complimentary Copy༺** Provided by the author "B.N. Toler" in exchange for an honest review..
Thank you!!

TITLE: Taking Connor
AUTHOR: B.N. Toler
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: October 27th, 2015

MY RATING: 5 SIT ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT STARS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So many times my heart would be breaking and my mind would be yelling no no no at the curve balls the author kept throwing at me, I was not prepared for any of them so for that I give this book 5 stars..

I've only read one other by this author and I
Dilek VT
"Return good for good; return evil with justice."

Wow... This is such an important message, at least for me... and especially nowadays, when I really need it!

Despite a few of its flaws, I loved this book, it was quite good. It is 4 stars out of 3,75 for me.

THE PLOT:

Demi promised to her "now-dead" husband that she would pick his cousin Connor up from prison, where he had served 8 years for manslaughter. Her husband Blake never disclosed why Connor killed a man, but Demi knows that Blake would ne
Ayushi Agarwal
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
'4.5 Connor stars'

"You were like an angel that day."
"What day?"
"The day I got out. It was like walking straight out of hell and finding an angel waiting for me on the other side. My redemption."

"He didn't just send me for you, I whispered. He sent us to each other."

This book was about accepting a person as they are despite the baggage they have to carry of there past. It is about second chance in love. It is about believing in yourself and the other person. It is about finding redemption. It is
Black Rose
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hace un buen tiempo no me encontraba con una historia que me enganchara de esta manera. Es de esas que te dices, dale un capítulo más y sigo (llenar espacio con cualquier tarea que estás posponiendo por no soltar el condenado libro).

Es una historia que tiene algunos elementos que ya son un tanto repetitivos: el torturado, tatuado, convicto que es una amor prohibido porque siempre tienen que estar emparentado con el difunto marido; o la dolida viuda que a pesar de que la vida la a tratado como al
Shari Kay
Feb 07, 2017 marked it as this-is-pushing-it
it's just a thing for me no matter if I understand the circumstances or not...(view spoiler)

Deserie williams
Oct 26, 2015 marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no
Note to Self: h is H's late cousins wife. If that isn't bad enough she hears H with OW having sex making moaning noises and bed banging! yuck! THIS is not for me!
Nance
I thought that the hero in this book was all bad-boy, but underneath he was just a sweetheart of a man. Yes, he was in prison at one time, and yes, he had a shit-load of tattoos, but it was him defending his deceased cousin’s honor that made me swoon for the guy. He was one impressive male with all those muscles and that hard edge that drove his cousin’s wife to lust after him. And, he drove a motorcyle too. Damn!!

Demi hadn’t been with a man in three years, and with Connor living in the extra a
Honey~psychopaths&stalkers
This is an emotional read for the second half. It is about accepting one's past and ugly self. I did not expect such heart gripping story with this book but I should have expected it seeing it is BN Toler!

If you are looking for a alpha arrogant male, then look the other way please. This IS NOT your typical bad boy. Yeas, they are all hard muscles, heavily tattooed and eyes so intense you could roast a duck but, don't judge book by its cover. Connor is A PERFECT GENTLEMAN. Even Dusty! Man, that
Jenny

I mean literally...PER-FECT!!

This story gave me so much feels and thrills, I'm debating giving it another round because Connor and Demi?

I. Need. More.

I need a novella to tell us how they hell these two are fairing today. I don't care if it's 20 pages long...I just need IT!!!!

Gi's Spot Reviews
This isn't a place on Earth where this is Romance, this makes me want to puke, not read it...
Self note:

Tracy *To the point Reviews*
I really enjoyed this story. It was a whole new angle and I have not read anything like it before. It's a slow burn with lots of intrigue and some really interesting reveals and unexpected action.

The heroine is fulfilling her dead husbands wishes by helping out his cousin when he is released from prison. What she did not expect was for him to be so attractive and nice. But she's a good person and doesn't go overboard thinking hot thoughts about him. She hasn't been on the dating market for years
Mojo_Mama
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
2 stars

This was just a waste of reading hours. It wasn't the OW, it was the whole yawn fest and subpar writing/plotting. It was too vanilla-sweet for me.

OW the night he gets out of prison. The h picks him up and he's so attracted to her and she's so off-limits as his "brother's" widow...he needs distraction, remember, just released from prison. Granted it wasn't graphic, but it was obnoxious for the h.

Other than that. There are no other OW, despite appearances, drama, and the h's kinda OM.

The p
Nicola
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can I say?! I'm never disappointed with BN's books and this one was way up there for me, I devoured it in more or less one sitting. BN touches on topics that are hard hitting and close to home for many, and handles them in the best way. With honest to god feelings. She throws a few shockers in there and I won't lie, I near enough called her bad names towards the end! I did also tell her this! But I quickly forgave her, I love how this book ended.
I love the characters and the relationships b
Stefanie
Simply Amazing.....10 Stars!

This well written books packs one hell of a punch. From the diverse and well thought out characters, to the plot, chemistry between Connor and Demi and of course the subject mattered discussed. I was immediately hooked from the very start and I can honestly say that I loved everything about the book from start to finish. This is definitely a must read!
Gabba
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
EL final del desenlace y el final, propiamente dicho... como que no lo supo "comandar"!

Me dio pena/ternura la situación de Connor... y por momentos mucha impotencia. Malditos hijos de puta.

Lectura rápida.
*♡Carol♡*
Nov 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I actually really liked this book in the begininng but man the last 85% of the book was full of drama way too much for my liking it was one problem after another i didnt really get to enjoy the two MC get together
Alba M.
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Me ha encantado!! Me ha tenido intrigada desde la primera página y el personaje de Connor es estupendo (¡los hombres tambien lloran!) Hay ciertas partes que me han gustado muchisimo pero haría spoiler... y por ultimo decir que lloré muchisimo tanto con el ultimo capitulo como en el epilogo.
Liz
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
B.N Toler is slowly becoming on of my favorite authors
Kari
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Fiona Wilson
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I got 31% into this book and emailed the author, praising her for a specific line in the story which almost had me in tears. It isn't a line which is hugely important to the story, but it hit a chord with me as I totally get the meaning behind it, and because it applies to me as well.

"I hate that women are made to feel like they can't mourn the loss of a baby they miscarried early on."

To be affected by a single line in a story is quite something, especially when it is a line which is such a mino
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet book. Demi is a widow and vows to her husband, Blake, before he passes away that she will help his cousin, Connor, after he is released from prison. Connor and Blake were like brothers and Demi decides to trust that Connor is a good man even though she does not know why he was in prison. Although they both feel an attraction to one another, they both fight it. They learn to be friends and eventually, they give into their desires. I really enjoyed watching them fall in love. Conn ...more
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'd like to start off by saying that I am a sucker for any character who is more than the skin they wear. This author gave us some depth and I am thoroughly appreciative of that. Connor was hotness personified!! Tatted? Check. Criminal history? Check. Brooding? Check. Heart of gold? Mother-effin check!! That scene where he hustles Demi at pool and they share what they want from a significant other (what they want from each other) was so hot. Proof that sex doesn't have to be involved for the sce ...more
Mrs. Booklover
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC from the author and am providing my honest review.*

Let it be known that I love tattooed guys, so Connor Stevens had me from the very beginning. BN Toler has gone beyond stereotypes in this story about Demi, who is mourning her late husband, and Connor, who is trying to start fresh.

Taking Connor touches on a lot of emotions -- learning to love and trust after a loss, being a good friend even when that means you have to talk about hard topics, and whether something labeled inhe
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Okay, that's it. B.N Toler is now firmly planted as one of my top favourite authors. Jesus I love this woman's writing skill. She doesn't just bring a romance she knocks your block off with it.

Nothing ordinary comes from her mind I don't think. She weaves a story that can have you a bit alarmed, a bit angry at things, then understanding of them. Then crying your friggin eyes out over something else.

B.N Toler writes emotion on steriods, both books I've now read of hers, she's blown my socks off w
Mojo_Mama
2 stars

This was just a waste of reading hours. It wasn't the OW, it was the whole yawn fest and subpar writing/plotting. It was to vanilla-sweet for me.

The pl
  • Surge (Wheezers #1)
  • Live (NOLA Zombie, #3)
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
  • A Home for Lily
  • Forbidden Temptations (Tempted, #2)
  • Keeping Secrets
  • Only Trick
  • Hidden
  • Where Life Takes You (Life, #1)
  • The Fall (The Siren, #2)
  • A Fallow Heart (Tommy Creek, #2)
  • Twisted Up In You
  • Bliss (The Custos, #1)
  • The McClane Apocalypse, Book 1
  • Gods of the Dead (Rising #1)
  • Loving Josie (Torey Hope #3)
  • Underneath
  • The Hunted
Words.
Books.
Reading.
Writing.

These are a few of my favorite things.

You can find me under B N Toler or
Author B N Toler most places.

Email is bntoler@bntoler.com