Start by marking “Taking the Plunge” as Want to Read:
Taking the Plunge

Taking the Plunge

Since graduating high school, Eve Cambridge has dropped ten dress sizes, became an RN, and dumped her jerk of a boyfriend—all on her own. So when her high school crush shows up in her life, she does what any normal self–reliant woman would do—pepper spray him.
Since inheriting the family plumbing business, Pete Russo has tried to make the best of a career he never planned f
Published October 23rd 2015 by self published

To ask other readers questions about Taking the Plunge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking the Plunge

Start your review of Taking the Plunge
Jennifer Lane
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm Here to Clean Your Pipes, Ma'am

Taking the Plunge by Kishan Paul is surprisingly deep for a novella. It's also sweet and fun.

Eve had a crush on Pete in high school. Her crush intensified when Pete stood up for her against the bullies taunting her for being overweight. Pete didn't have it much easier. He dreamed of attending college and pursuing his own life, but his family's poverty and mother's cancer forced him to follow his father into the plumbing/construction business. Pete dealt with hi
Linda Strong
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
This is one of the sweetest novellas I've read in a really long time.

Eva first meets Pete in high school. She's overweight, red-headed, and teased and bullied relentlessly. She's always had a crush on Pete but he doesn't know she exists ... until ...

He comes to her defense one day. After having her books repeatedly knocked out of her hands, Pete shows up demanding that the bully pick up her books and apologize.

Meanwhile, Pete has his own problems. His mother is dying of cancer, his father has a
Sharon Watson-azmier
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This short story by Kishan Paul runs through all the emotions you would expect from a fabulously written book . The story sucks you in from the beginning by showing the two main characters as flawed teenagers with home lives that are not so great.
Fast forward eight years when they meet again as adults still flawed but willing to deal with and live life despite the flaws. Pete and Evie are great together , bringing out emotions in each other that neither realize they have or our willing to explo
Aubrey Wynne
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pete and Eve sucked me in from the beginning. She is the heroine I always dreamed of being and he is the jock from high school that I dreamt of as a teenager. Two aimless souls who think they are content with the lot life has thrown them—until their paths cross again. I loved the history this couple shared and how it somehow bonded them together for the future. They both held a special place in their hearts for the other, though neither of them knew it.
This beautifully written story made me smi
Kame
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
oh wow

Evie was the girl everyone picked on in high school. she and her family moved to town when the family hit hard times. She never felt she fit in. One day the most popular boy in school put a stop to the bullying, and she never knew why.

Evie is someone I think most readers can relate to. I loved her. I would sit down and chat over a bottle of wine with her.

Peter is a plumber, he never intended to be a plumber but he takes pride in his work.

Their chemistry together was a delight to read, my
Bobbi
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults
Recommended to Bobbi by: Author
This story WOWed me. I was drawn into the story and it brought back some bad and good memories. I was able to relate to Eve, Christian, and Pete on so many levels. Eve has a heart of gold even with being protective of her heart and those she holds dear. Christian is very strong even though he doesn’t see it himself. Pete is funny, cocky, and loving even through all that he has been through. Kishan Paul really made this story pop out at me and hold me every step of the way. Can’t wait to read mor ...more
Barbara Hill
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Taking the Plunge Review

I was engaged from the first paragraph. The high school crush coming full circle vibe was just genius! The deep emotional turmoil that plagues the characters makes for a very thought provoking story line. I absolutely fell in love with the characters! So down to earth and just very honest and real! I will be adding this to my favorite list! Kudos Mrs. Paul!
Kara Lauren
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story but not just because the main character had red hair! Eve is a great character, her instincts are believeable. The thoughts she has in her head are thoughts most of us have in certain situations. I loved Peter too, he went through so much in the story. It's a beautiful will they? won't they? story!
Deb Diem
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Taking The Plunge by Kishan Paul is a quick read, perfect for those with limited time for reading. This short story is a fun and fast read. Eve and Pete's story is loaded with lovable characters, humor (I loved the little plungers) and drama. I enjoyed this quick read and look forward to reading more from Kishan Paul in the future. Taking The Plunge is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Debbie Rice
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful read

Wow Kishan Paul does not disappoint in this short sweet read it's everything you want sweetest romance between Evie and Pete who knew each other in high school Evie had an incident at school and Pete stood up for her.Its years later and they meet again.This is a wonderful second chance romance I loved it must read.
Cindy Rippentrop
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this author.

Great short story tho I thought the ending should have been more spelled out. I love this authors characters, her attention to seemingly insignificant yet important detail simply propels her stories to the next level.
Jiyoung
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: hmm-not-so-much, 2018
I liked writing that I am willing to read the author’s other books but it felt like this short story had no ending.
Kathy
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very short but good story. Ending was very abrupt. Loved the characters and hope that the author will write more to their story.
Jackie
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely book taking into account situations that could really happen. A heavy teenager protected from not so nice teens by someone that she re meets as an adult. Makes you feel good that there are s people in the world that are kind . It's a book that everyone should read
Tammy
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fast-paced read with lots of drama and emotion. Eve and Pete are great characters and they have great chemistry. Just wish the story was longer.
Deb Le
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A quick read, this is a short novella but well written. The emotions come across nicely. My only complaint was the ending - you really want to know what happens next......
Sarah Justi
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was not what i expected! It was a real life of second chances and I loved it!
Sky
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pete is a good guy with a bad past and Eve is a strong, confident, and successful woman who overcame her childhood insecurities. I feel like this is a story of fate. Eve and Pete were acquaintances in high school, they never really knew each other but in a way, Pete came to Eve’s rescue.
How Eve repays him many years later in their adulthood when they bump into each other again for the first time since high school, is very comical.
This novella also has a deep sentiment, one of which could be re
Cynthia
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The intrigue in this story is outstanding, I feel the name fits this book in so many ways. The author deals with some major issues that will break your heart. This is a story you can relate to and I am sure many of us has had to deal with these issue at some point in our life either with ourselves, our family or our friends. I totally enjoyed this story and look to read more of this story.

Eve is overweight when she is young, people make fun of her. One day a hot guy steps in and helps her out.
Liz
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: short, addiction, nurse
This a short story, with an interesting beginning and mediocre middle and a disastrous end... or, really, no ending at all. It just ends after their first date?

The beginning starts in high school, where Eve is bullied and Pete is having troubles at home (which aren't all that clear to me) and he stands up for her one day. Then fast forward 8 years later and Eve is checking a property for her uncle and ends up pepper spraying Pete. Right there, that should make for a great story but it falls flat
Carolyn Injoy
Taking the Plunge by Kishan Paul I enjoyed Taking the Plunge by Kishan Paul & gave it five stars. It was entertaining & an enjoyable story to read.

Eve & her brother Chris interacted with Pete, a young man Eve had gone to high school with. Eve & Chris saw him at a meeting of Narcotics Anonymous. She'd had a previous unfortunate relationship with an addict & wanted to avoid another one.

She called her uncle to find out more about him. Uncle Danny made him out to be almost a saint with a strong wo
Debbie Kolins
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kishan-paul
Jennifer Daniels
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!

I was not expecting to be sucked right into this novella by Kishan Paul. Taking the Plunge is definitely a page turner. I think this is a book that many people/couples can relate to in many ways. Eve is a nurse who has literally runs smack dab into her (secret) high-school crush. And Pete is that said crush. With both of them having issues with loss, love, drugs and old wounds can they take that plunge together. Or are their issues just to much to deal with. All I know is this has left me
Neena Christianson Martin
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Second Chances

A short touching story about second chances, addiction, and families. They met as teenagers, went their separate ways, and reunited eight years later over pepper spray. It wasn't a conclusive ending, leaving hope that we will again see Evie and Pete.
Suzanne
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Play on words

Fantastic story about Eve and Pete, two souls finding each other again after a difficult time in their lives. A fast sweet read, perfect for a lunch hour. Well written. Wishing for more Eve and Pete!
Breanna Eichhorn
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad that I picked up this book. I was hooked from the first page. This book is very well written and the characters were very well developed I look forward to reading more books by Kishan Paul. Kishan you have a new fan.
Llaph
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute little story. I was sad to see it end and wouldn't mind reading more about the couple. The author's writing just flows nicely for me and made for an enjoyable read.
Ann Alton
Sep 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Sweet

Very sweet novella. But I want more Pete and Evie! Their story has just begun. I guess I will have to watch it play out in my own imagination.
Krista

I was enjoying this story, and then it just... ended. With no real ending. I’m honestly still reeling a bit from it. I thought perhaps there was a problem with my Kindle file, but after seeing other reviews, it appears that’s not the case. The story just stops without really reaching any sort of conclusion, IMO. I’m still not exactly sure what I think about all this.
Katherine Blackburn
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute quick read. I just wish it had given me more. It felt like the book ended right where it should have been beginning. It just left me feeling like I could have used another 100 pages or so.

• Hold You Close
  • Taken by Two (Taken and Torn #1)
  • Getting Lucky Number Seven (Taking Shots, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Bargain (Blackout Billionaires #1)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • The Alien's Ransom (Drixonian Warrior, #1)
  • My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered, #1)
  • Absolution (The Protectors, #1)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood And Ash, #1)
  • Distant Desires (Distant Desires, #1-3)
  • Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves, #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
  • Void
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Claiming Fifi (Club Ménage, #1)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • The Alien's Escape (Drixonian Warriors, #2)
Award winning author of suspense/thrillers and romantic suspense, Kishan Paul's brain is always in the 'on' position.
Mother of two beautiful children and fur baby, she has been married to her best friend for over 22 years. With the help of supportive family and friends, she balances her family, a thriving counseling practice, and writing without sinking into insanity.

She can be found at: