Start by marking “Twelve Deaths of Christmas (Seasonal Thriller, #2)” as Want to Read:
Twelve Deaths of Christmas (Seasonal Thriller, #2)

Twelve Deaths of Christmas

(Seasonal Thriller #2)

The second seasonal thriller from author Jackson Sharp, this time introducing DI Kerry Cox.

It's Christmas, but Detective Inspector Kerry Cox is not celebrating. The holiday season is usually tough for Cox, but this year she's preparing to face down the ramifications of her most recent investigation: a fumbled child trafficking case.

Distraction comes when t
Published December 3rd 2015 by Penguin

Start your review of Twelve Deaths of Christmas (Seasonal Thriller, #2)
Clare
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Although this book is called the twelve deaths of christmas this is not a christmassy thriller. DCI Kerry Cox is called to the suicide of a retired senior policeman. When she turns up at the scene she finds that a man from the Ministry of Justice is overseeing the investigation. She quickly realises this was not a simple suicide and finds out that the policeman had links to a children's home in the 1980s which was closed down due to suspected child abuse in the home. I really enjoyed this book a ...more
Elaine Tomasso
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Twelve Deaths Of Christmas is a page turner. DI Kerry Cox investigates a murderer no one else believes exists. She gets into trouble for her investigation and is hampered at every turn by "higher ups" but she keeps going in dogged pursuit of the truth. Her actions are maverick to say the least and lack plausibility but, boy do they make for a good read. It starts with the death of an ex-police officer. Kerry sees murder but the Department of Justice's representative is very clear it is suicide. ...more
Matthew
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got this out of the library over the Christmas holiday, I don't normally read Christmas themed books but thought I'd give it a go as it was on the recommended shelf! With the festivities I forgot about it and picked it up in the new year, we'll I have to say it was very good! I was expecting it to be a little twee with Christmas being a theme but it's hardly mentioned at all and the story is very gripping with a likable main character DI Kerry Cox racing against time to find the killer of a re ...more
Ches Torrants
Apr 07, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a good thriller with plenty of hooks, but you may have to forgive a few things. At the beginning I lost patience with the central character, Kerry. She prioritizes her police work while her ex has to look after their child. You might find her dysfunctional boss hard to believe, although perhaps real life in the police can be like that. And in common with many heroes, she is able to function despite what appear to be serious injuries.
The action is engaging and the flashbacks gradual
Joan
Bought this as a present for the spousal unit. (we share books ;) )

It's a dark read with a fairly complex plot about child abuse. Violent, creepy and frightening in places, but I would have liked some more depth to the characters, instead of the somewhat stereotypical portrayals. I never felt I was 'in' their heads if you get my drift.

I have to say I wasn't enamoured with Kerry Cox, but that is a personal thing and has no bearing on my rating. However, the use of italics for the 'days of Chris
Jodie Walker
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Easy reading. The chosen subject is a hard one to cover without either getting bogged down in the horror of it or seemingly skirting over it. This book did the latter, the real horror of the past was skirted over to give the current day story a bit of background. there were certainly no real twists in the book, you pretty much had it figured out long before the end but it was good to see how they got to the conclusion. Overall I did enjoy the story and the style.
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
The storyline of a series of murders seemingly random, is interspersed with flashbacks over 3o years ago in a children's home. A good read if a little far-fetched at times with a very over enthusiastic Detective Inspector Cox following up lines of enquiry and leads that had me yelling "wait for back up!" All in all a good read and well put together.
Amanda
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not remotely Christmassy in nature except for the time it was set. However, it was a gripping, gritty crime novel which had me hooked to the last page.
Sharon Williams
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
really good fast paced book kept you guessing and needing to learn more and I absolutely loved the characters well worth a read.
Linda882
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
kept me turning the pages. Didn't care for DI Cox much, can't believe she'd dump her son at the zoo. Why are all fictional detectives so disfunctional and their bosses complete idiots?
Barnaby
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly gripping, though at times deeply upsetting, crime thriller with a superbly drawn central detective.
Anne
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellent crime theme, kept me guessing
Elaine berry
Jay Hill
Dec 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Last Lie
  • Birdman (Jack Caffery, #1)
  • The Summer I Dared
  • Marge in Charge (Marge in Charge, #1)
  • The Blue
  • The Jump
  • Boy A
  • The Railway Children
  • The Six Loves of Billy Binns
  • Watching You (Joseph O'Loughlin, #7)
  • Above Us The Sky
  • Poor Little Rich Girl
Jackson Sharp lives in the UK. Trick or Treat was Jackson's first thriller, and Twelve Deaths of Christmas is his second.

Seasonal Thriller (2 books)
  • Trick or Treat (Seasonal Thriller, #1)