Start by marking “Ninja at First Sight (Knitting in the City, #4.75)” as Want to Read:
Ninja at First Sight (Knitting in the City, #4.75)

Ninja at First Sight (Knitting in the City #4.75)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  6,893 Ratings  ·  721 Reviews
Prequel to the USA TODAY BESTSELLER 'Happily Ever Ninja'

What do a cynical former Marine and a sheltered former Olympic contender have in common?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

He has a girlfriend and she’s never been kissed.

He’s sullenly sarcastic and she’s earnestly empathetic.

He can’t stop thinking about her.

She knows she should keep her distance.

Nevertheless, when opposites
Published November 21st 2015 by Caped Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ninja at First Sight, please sign up.
Penny Reid Nope!
Nope!
Ninja at First Sight is a standalone novella of 40k words. You don't need to read any of the other KitC books to read it (or KitC book #5, Happily Ever Ninja).(less)

Christy
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

photo AF710C3F-D25F-4DDB-8D26-16C621B1546A_zpsyspapwzu.jpg

PENNY REID!!! I am so in love with this woman’s writing! Her books are so entertaining, fun and smart. Even though this is only a novella, it’s one of my favorite things I’ve read this year. Greg and Fiona are fantastic- by far my favorite Reid couple I’ve read about to date!

Fiona is a freshman in college. She is not necessarily shy, more a bit of a hermit. She’s a smart, compassionate, kind and quirky person. I love her character.
“Not everyone is capable of fighting the great fights
Ophelia's Book Blog
Favorite book of all time
I just finished my favorite book of all time! I have never felt so much while reading a book. Never in my life have I ever cried while reading and yet after reading this book and it wasn't tragic or anything quiet the opposite! I bawled my eyes out. You have to understand I am not a crier in fact I can count the times I cried in the last 3 years on one hand. It feels so personal to share this on Facebook... I love Fiona and Greg they may not be everyone's cup of tea bu
Samantha Young
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**5 Fan-Frickin-Tastic Stars!!!**

So I'm officially a fangirl. I love Penny Reid's novels and this novella has just made me fall harder. With every new book in this series the couple becomes my new favourite and Greg and Fiona are definitely my new favourites. And this is only an origin novella! To say I am excited for their story 'Happily Ever Ninja' is putting it mildly! It's the best romance novella I've ever read. The chemistry, the banter, and best of all how three dimensional they are. Penn
Dee Montoya
*****5 ~Gentoo Penguins Stars*****

(ARC kindly provided by author)

You know me; all things Penny Reid make me so happy, I just gotta dance...

Happiness photo: the doctor dances 1gt2tz.gif

photo image_zpsfb68sa4a.jpeg

This Knitting in the City novella is about, how Greg and Fiona met when they were in college.

Both of these characters are very intelligent so naturally they were attracted to each other, immediately. But Greg already had a girlfriend and Fiona was too shy and trying to force herself to be more social, which made them settle into a nice friendship at first.
Catarina
5 Ninja Stars.

description

This story works as a prequel for “Happily Ever Ninja” and serves as a prequel for Greg and Fiona’s story.
We had already seen a little bit of them in Scenes From the City, and this novella spreads out that story.
As ever, Penny Reid managed to write a refreshing and completely addictive story, and once more I completely fall in love with one of her stories.
Saying that I am excited for their book is an understatement… 2016 can’t come soon enough so I can finally read their full st
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Review to come...

Gah! I knew I would beat up myself after finishing this one, cursing like the mad person I must be because I don't have the rest of the story...
Penny, why are you so evil?
Review to come

Arc offered in exchange for an honest review
More reviews and book talk at :
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Ninja at First Sight
Series: Knitting in the City #4.75
Author: Penny Reid
Release date: November 21, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

I am an unashamed die hard fan of Penny Reid. I'll read anything she releases: standalones, trilogies, novellas, factoids on the mating habits of sharks...whatever. I'm first in line. Fiona and Greg stole a little piece of me when I was introduced to them in Scenes from the City, a compilation of short stories starring each one of her
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **GIMME MORE** STARS

I LOVED IT! Funny, sexy, smart and so adorable. Gah...I'm in love!

Rachel Reads Ravenously
Um I need the next book NOW! I need more Fiona and Greg in my life!!!!

Ninja at first sight is the prequel novella to Happily Ever Ninja, and details how Fiona and Greg met in college and how they fell in love. The banter was the best part of this book, I honestly couldn't get enough of this couple. Seriously by the end I was screaming because when I was finished I couldn't go straight into the next book. Luckily the sneak peek calmed me down.

I highly recommend for those who already love Penny Re
Beverly
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How can this little novella be so absolutely perfect?? Novellas are never my jam, they feel like a tease and I always want more when I am done. BUT not this one, I loved this and instead of feeling shorted when I finished, I felt this huge amount of happiness.

This novella seriously made me smile the entire time. It has Penny’s typical intelligent writing, I mean really this woman is a genius. I love how her characters are so smart and quick-witted. I am also so excited to read Happily Ever Ninj
S.M. West
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Gentoo penguin STARS

"Three words.
Eight letters.
Mind blown."

I'm in awe of Penny Reid...I don't know how she managed to get so much heart and soul into a novella. Fiona and Greg...the strong attraction, chemistry, witty banter and smart debates...were awesome!

"Our short exchanges had yielded the strongest attraction and connection I'd felt for another person, and it felt heavy with significance."

Every time I read one of Penny's books, the H/h become my favourite couple. Her characters are so r
FMABookReviews
I know I say this about most every Penny Reid book, but I mean it this time… the story of Fiona and Greg is my favorite ever from Penny Reid!

In this prequel standalone novella for Knitting in the City book 5, 'Happily Ever Ninja', Reid is crafting one of the most romantic love stories I have ever read. It is, without doubt, that Fiona and Greg will be one of my favorite couples in my reading experience. Their mutual respect, admiration and love is refreshing. I imagine there will be many single,
Sophie
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 NINJA STARS

Fiona is finally a college student who lives away from her overwhelming parents. After being secluded for most of her youth, due to brain cancer, she's now free to live in a world where they won't act like she's fragile. Time to make new experiences, although there's a small problem. Fiona is quiet and shy, a hermit otherwise. One of the girls decides to change that for her.

Fiona meets Greg, a senior with whom there's chemistry and gives her a sparkle of hope that she's capable of
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Dear Penny Reid,

We need to have a “Come to Jesus” talk. Don’t EVER make me fall in love with characters, get me fully engaged in their story, and then end the book abruptly—with a freaking cliffhanger no less—WHEN MY KINDLE SAYS I’M ONLY 85% INTO THE BOOK!! (Yes, shouty capitals and exclamation points are necessary.) You filled up the last 15% with author’s notes, a list of other books you’ve written, and a sneak peek of the first chapter of Happily Ever Ninja! I don’t want a taste of t
Dali
A charmingly sweet, hilariously smart and achingly romantic story about first and everlasting love.

As a child being an Olympic hopeful, Fiona had a less than normal upbringing while spending most of her time training. Having her Olympic chances cut short due to a brain tumor during her early adolescence changed her priorities completely. Now in remission, Fiona is content to be a normal college student and observe the people and goings on around her. But there’s nothing normal about the imposs
Lady Heather
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, fans of Penny Reid

"5 Shiny Ninja Stars!"

photo ninja-stars.gif

First, I want to say

photo olivertwist-1.jpg

Penny Reid: You incredibly talented, smart, wonderful- story-telling-super ninja!

photo female ninja.jpg

Second, I want to say THANK YOU for writing this novella about Fiona and Greg's origins!.
From the synopsis of Happily Ever Ninja, I'm speculating that it will take place present day, and will continue on with the flow of the rest of the series.

I do hope (perhaps beg) that you'll continue on with writing other novella's about Greg and Fiona's life from where this one lef
Didi
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The wait is going to feel like torture!!

This little gem of a novella is the origin story for Greg and Fiona, who we got a glimpse of in Scenes From The City. Ever since reading about them in Scenes, I fell in love with their story. Really, I fell for Greg. A sarcastic, intelligent, impassioned, tall, dark and handsome stranger with a British accent?! Oh, HELL TO THE YES!

Fiona and Greg have always been in the other Knitting in The City books, predominantly Fiona, but she really caught my interest
Paige
Absolutely delightful. I'm completely smitten with these two. With her unique style, Penny writes a perfect beginning to Greg and Fiona and I can't wait to see where the rest of their story goes.
Stacey is Sassy
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Let's start at the very beginning...

I admit, I got the order mixed up. Yesterday, I had a baking day and started listening to Happily Ever Ninja. For some strange reason, I went on Goodreads and realised that this short story came before instead of after like I had originally thought. Without hesitation, I stopped and fixed this disaster of epic proportions. I HAVE to read them in order.

I enjoyed this introduction to the characters and it definitely gave me a little insight into how things start
katwiththehat
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2
This was a cute novella about the meeting and falling in love of Fiona from the “Knitting in the City” series and her husband Greg, set twenty years before the series starts. I really enjoyed Greg’s oddball British charm, and their college dorm romance. Fiona was an interesting character, and I liked watching her adjust to college life.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
A_Ryan
5 "MY GIRLFRIEND IS A NINJA!" STARS!!!!

This is the utterly unputdownable prequel to Happily Ever Ninja, focusing on the time when Greg and Fiona first meet in College and fall in love.

Prepare yourself for an onslaught of classic Reid witticisms (is that a word?). They roll off the page with perfect timing and a machine-gun-like delivery: BANG! BANG! BANG!! The genius delivery of dialogue and sexy smirks almost killed me as I repeatedly inhaled too much oxygen in between snorts of laughter.

Greg
Norah Una Sumner
description

I freaking love Penny Reid. Her characters are not only the best,but the funniest and the most entertaining. That doesn't, of course, mean that her characters don't deal with serious issues - because the do,they really do. Greg and Fiona are seriously amazing. They are unique,but still relatable, they are smart and funny and their dialogues are the best. I love how they can talk about literally anything because that just shows how comfortable they are with each other and how much they understand
Cyndi
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love these books!!! Penny Reid has a true gift for romantic comedy! Although her characters have their weaknesses she spotlights their strengths, which I love!
Wonderful characters, brilliant story and genius writing!

Reread March 2018– In this book Fiona meets Greg. First love is all encompassing. Even though we know they are married in todays books its lovely to see how they got there and how fragile love is at the beginning.
Feminista
Jan 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
How disappointing..

Another book following the misogynistic trope. The dialogue in this book makes it seem as though the characters are feminists. But most of Penny Reid's books (except for one book that I can think of) boil down to the one thing she always highlights. The relative inexperience of the heroine when compared to the hero. In the case of several books, it has been that the heroine is a virgin. In this book, it is that the hero says to the heroine, I want to be your first everything.
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Penny Reid Fans, Knitting in the City, Romance
5 Prologue to The Main Event! Stars * * * * *
Per Penny, "If you wait to download until January 2, 2016 this novella will be *FREE*"

This is the Beginning to an Adventure Penny Reid Readers will not want to miss...
This starts it all for Greg and Fiona...

The introduction to the minds of these two...
The first experience of meeting and the playful yet stomach fluttering recognition of this could be something important for both of them...

We feel the longing...
We feel the need...
We are there for it al
Geri Reads
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
My review for Ninja at First Sight will be consolidated with my review for Happily Ever Ninja.

Happy New Year! <3

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Saffron
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have yet to read a book from PR that I haven't liked. I don't know how she does it but her books make me smile right from the first line. And....

GREG ARCHER!

He is a man I could have book babies with <3333

Can't wait for more!!!
Ian
Ninja at First Sight is a prequel, or as the author calls it an origin story. Fiona hasn't had the usual life experiences of other women her age. First she was an elite level gymnast and member of the US Olympic Team with all the rigours of training. Then just as she was about to achieve her goals, she was diagnosed with brain cancer and went through radiation therapy.

Now at the age of 18, she is defying her parents to attend university. She is naïve and inexperienced but embraces campus life,
Viviana
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait to read Greg and Fiona's full story!! I need them in my life!

She keeps messing with my emotions. I've read all the sneak peeks and all I want to do is say "Penny!! I want the full story like yesterday!

Btw I read just about anything Penelope Reid writes.
She's one of my favorite authors. ❤❤
  • The Player and the Pixie (Rugby, #2)
  • Chase Me (Paris Nights, #2)
  • Making It Last (Camelot, #4)
  • Shattered (The Russian Guns, #5)
  • Shiver: 13 Sexy Tales of Humor and Horror
  • One Day: A Valentine short story
  • Kulti
  • Confessions of a Reformed Tom Cat (Wingmen, #2)
  • Ultimate Vengeance (Wanted Men, #4)
  • Sweet Seduction Sabotage (Sweet Seduction, #6)
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Soul Deep (I-Team, #6.5)
  • Artistic License
  • One Daring Night (Dare To Love)
  • Friends & Forever (Sempre, #0.5 & #2.5)
Sign up for Penny's Newsletter! www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

CONTACT PENNY:
Please feel free to drop her a line. She'd be happy to hijack your thoughts! You can find her on her blog or email her: pennreid at gmail dot com

Penny Reid is the Wall Street Journal and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days wr
More about Penny Reid

Knitting in the City (7 books)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Beauty and the Mustache (Winston Brothers, #0.5; Knitting in the City, #4)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All We Knew (The Cabots, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seek Me with All Your Heart (Land of Canaan, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Schemer (A Hot Romantic Comedy) (Harbor City Book 3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I think men will always be arrested on some level by the idea of owning their spouse, of completely possessing the woman they love, of having her unquestioning trust and obedience and admiration. But most importantly, of actually being a man that deserves it all. And I think women—though they are loathe to admit it—fundamentally want to be possessed.” 10 likes
“Because if it’s possible to have a partner who gives all of themselves without reservation, who looks forward to working and sacrificing for me just as I look forward to doing the same for her, who can’t help but love ferociously, brutally, and unconditionally—and even perhaps without reason or sound judgment—that’s what I want. Because that’s how I plan to love in return.” 10 likes