Jump to ratings and reviews

Apostate Konstantin

The world is different now. Darker. Much has become a desert, permanently poisoned by radioactive fallout. Nature has reclaimed the rest. Humanity endures, barely, in underground refuges and fortified city-states. It is a time of great hardship.

As if that wasn’t enough, mankind is now beset by a new horror.

Witches.

Twisted beings of unimaginable power, these fell creatures stalk the night, preying upon the battered remnants of humanity.

Only one mysterious organization has the will to defy their unnatural menace. They are the protectors of the righteous. They are the arbiters of justice. They are the Inquisition.

Chief amongst these Holy Crusaders is Inquisitor-Brother Frederick Konstantin.
This is the story of his fall.

256 pages, Paperback

Published October 23, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Max T. Kramer

2 books5 followers
Max currently resides in Connecticut, but will someday return to the desert from whence he came.

He studied Public Relations and Business Administration at the University of Connecticut, and upon graduation decided he was more interested in writing gritty genre fiction and (less gritty) comedy than press releases.

Some of his favorite authors include Glen Cook, Roger Zelazny, and Steven Erikson.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews
Profile Image for Valerie.
12 reviews
November 18, 2015
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading Apostate Konstantin, but from the first chapter I was hooked.

In a post nuclear world a church dictated state is hell bent on eradicating the world of witches and maintaining absolute power.

Beyond being a fantasy novel the story delves into love, friendship and loss. Through every step of Konstantin's journey you feel his internal struggle between what he has known and discovering his own identity.

The cast of characters not only helps move the story along but are well developed. Characters like James and Felix add comic relief at times, while Deirdre and Brita were perfect foils to Konstantin's character.

The book has a great pace and plenty of action.

I hope to read more from the author and possibly a part two.
Profile Image for Marissa Sackett.
15 reviews3 followers
November 14, 2015
Loved the character development for every person created in this novel. Each character brings a unique personality and will lead you through a dystopian adventure both in place and emotional connection. I'd even suggest there may be deeper themes throughout this exciting debut novel, but I'll wait to see how others review. Highly recommend and can't wait to see what Max Kramer comes out with next!
6 reviews
July 13, 2017
Great adventure story

Apostate Konstantin is a post apocalyptic adventure that delivers a gripping story that is hard to put down. If you like this genre this book will not disappoint.
Profile Image for Matt Cino.
7 reviews
March 29, 2019
A well written post apocalyptic fantasy. Looking forward to reading more of Max T Kramer's work!
2 reviews
February 18, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this book perhaps because it's not a genre I normally read. The characters were creative and memorable and I liked the fact that the ending left me open to reading a sequel should the author decide to continue the story line.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.