Start by marking “Melt With You (A Totally '80s Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Melt With You (A Totally '80s Romance, #1)

Melt With You (A Totally '80s Romance #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  588 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
*Big hair, leg warmers, bitchin’ music, and the Brat Pack—what’s not to love about the 80’s? Head back to 1984 in Melt With You (A Totally 80’s Romance) by Addison Moore coming very soon!

Melt With You (A Totally 80's Romance) Young Adult

Junior year is really shaping up to be something. After three years of trying, I finally made the cheer squad. And on the last day of summ
Published December 22nd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Melt With You, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
Miranda
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
If I could've chosen what era I wanted to be a teen, I would've hands down chosen the 80s. The music, the scene, movies, and the attire. Hooked! My parents raised me on 80s since it was their era and I've always loved it.
This story says it's based on true events just scrambled into unrecognizable traces, And as I was reading I kept thinking about what was true and what wasn't. Now that never broke me from reading or believing but I had a constant nag in my head about needing to know. The charac
Mel
5 "totally bitchin'!" stars!

This book was like wicked awesome! I like loved it! Melt With You is such a fun read. Set in 1984, we see all the fads of that time and it was hilarious! Big hair, leg warmers, wild makeup, and rubberband bracelets all make an appearance. The scrunchies, yellow Sony Walkmans, Trapper Keepers, and mix tapes were reminiscent of my childhood. I felt like the characters were believable and I enjoyed every bit of this story.

Melissa Malinowski is a bit awkward, a bit geeky
Deeksha
Dec 26, 2015 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Had high school cliches (that was expected from the blurb though). It got a little cheesy at times (didn't really annoy me, more like amused me). Still cute and enjoyable though.
Nook Books and More Blog
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: addison-moore
I was brought back in time with this book! Addison manages to pull me in with each and every book that lady writes. She is the type of author that you one1click even without looking at the excerpt!

Melt With You truly brought me every emotion I could possibly imagine, not like the best reads Ive had that have given me every emotion you could possibly feel, but much more. I was brought back in time to when I was in high school. It was like this book was made with me in made. It completely melted m
~Mindy Lynn~
Amazon Kindle Freebie 7/1/17
Tantalizing
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Melt With You cute title right? I thought so too.

Melissa's junior year is right on track to be her best year yet. She secured a spot on the coveted cheerleading team. She has an awesome best friend. Like I said her life is looking up...until fate knocks her on her butt in the form of Joel Miller's truck and lands her in the hospital and her leg in a cast. Her whole world is turned topsy-turvy.

Now Joel Effing Miller is that "hot guy" in high school. You know the one I am talking about, the one
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
Pretty sure if I say I love this book, that would do it a disservice. However.... I absolutely LOVED this book. If you're one of those people who love 80's movies, give this book a shot. The story and plot were great, the characters were fun and well written; they had fantastic chemistry too. You get so many music, product and just all around 80's references, that it becomes real to you. You see it in your head perfectly. When they talk about huge pink cans of Aqua Net, the spray cloud, the hair ...more
Three Chicks
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

What a fun read! Who doesn't remember Love's Baby Soft, Aqua Net and leg warmers? Melissa is such a sweet character with such endearing geeky qualities who is way too naive for her own good. Joel is swoon worthy and wise beyond his high school years.

Loved the angst and the humor and the retro references. This is the first in a new series from Addy Moore, and I am so loving it!
Melanie
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was transported back in time and I loved every single moment of it. The 80's themed book was a wonderful read and goes to show that high school drama is something that NEVER changes. Addison Moore did a great job taking me back to a time that I loved. I am excited for the next 2 books that will take me back yet again. Also I can't get enough of the characters in the story...need more.
Ewa
I was born in September 1984. I don't remember too much of the '80s, so I don't quite know what the author was writing about. Fashion of those years, styling hair are strange to me. I knew only a few songs and performers.
Overall, quite interestingly written book. Beverly Hills 90210 in a nutshell. Quickly read, from the point of view of the heroine and hero.
Ria Lize
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So happy to have picked up this gem of a book when it was free.

Finishing this book has me absolutely gutted. All I can think of is—
"Joooeellll why can't you be real??!!" T_T

Seriously one of the sweetest, most thoughtful, gahh, perfect fictional guys ever.

Excuse me while I go cry some more! Lol.
Suzana Thompson
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen
This book was such a fun trip down memory lane for me. The eighties were the golden years of my youth, and the author reminded me of things I had forgotten about them. The music stands out the most in my mind, but she pinpointed so many of the fashion trends. Crimping the hair! Teasing it so it would be as high as possible! The not so subtle makeup, and the armful of bracelets. Everything was big and bright, and that time is bright and happy in my memory.

The romance in this book was realistic fo
Kaila
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Huaraches, scrunchy socks, Esprit, New Wave? Count me in!

I was in 4th grade in 1984, and I had tons of tapes and vinyls of new wave! The songs in this book have taken me back to that era. Ok, not just the songs, everything in it! Like, totally! Haha!

The author Ms. Moore, did a great job in writing this story. It's like getting in a time machine, and watching life in the 80's play back right in front of you! This should be made into a movie, I even think this would be better than 16 Candles (exce
Casey ~TheBookSlut~
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was set in a Los Angeles area high school during the 1980's, probably one of the most "totally rad" eras ever - "like fer sure". I loved the 80s Valley Girls lingo, the clothing styles and all of the music wrapped up in this book which made it so fun to read. Melissa and Joel were so cute together and I loved their little romance, especially how they met when he crashed into her...literally. And that psycho bitch Kelly Masterson... I was so glad at the end ...more
Chanpreet
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is adorable! I loved the idea of a girl finally catching the attention of the guy she's been crushing on, only for him to find out she's perfect for him. Of course it didn't quite happen that way, there was some pain involved, but it was still quite wonderful after everything.

I love how Addison Moore took me back to a time I didn't quite experience myself and was able to through her words. Besides the nostagia for the music, I loved the way this book made me laugh. I also loved the ch
Crystal
This book was like so totally rad. It was so cool to go back to a time without cell phones and social media. Back to when MTV played music and the mixed tape was the ultimate gift. The characters were real and entertaining. Two characters COLLIDE from different sides of the tracks where they have to navigate their way together. Lots of "French artifact linguistics history" was involved.
I enjoyed how the author was not afraid to take some risks. Most YA books skip over love scenes or avoid the is
Heather andrews
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked Mel I thought she was adorable, “you clean up nice yourself.” She leans hard on her crutch and runs her finger down my chest. “I wouldn’t mind seeing what’s underneath there sometime.” The things this girl comes up with, “how could you kiss me like that , and then cut what we had down to a friendship? I’m friends with Larry the Janitor, but I’m not going to let him suck on my boobs!” I liked this book it was a cute read.
♥Trish♥
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really brought me back to the 80's.

Really brought me back to my teenage years. The awesome and the narley. Totally loved the flashbacks. Has a 16 candles feel. Mel and Joel are adorable. If you're an 80's girl, you'll love this
Sara George
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Addison Moore did it again!! Sucked right it from the beginning!! It was awesome!!
J.J. Lair
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I bought this book because my series of books, Mix Tapes and Stuff, Mix Tapes and Stolen Tests and Mix Tapes and Empty Buildings) took place in the 1980s. I wanted to see how we compared the times. When we write or read books that are dated in the past we tend to see cliches. The writer avoids them.
This book was like totally good.
She has so many pop-culture references without a lot of explaining each reference. The characters are typical of the time. The thoughts and feelings of each character,
Jackie
Kelly Masterson, Joel Miller and Melissa Malinowski are the three main characters in this young adult ode to the 80's. The clothing, the language used and the music choices take me back to my middle 20's when this particular books timeline was set for me. This brings back some pretty fond memories of those years and in doing so made it easy to relate to the main characters, not to mention their friends who share the spotlight in this first book in the series.

This was as expected a mix of the ser
Sophie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cess Flores, Leilani Martinez, Chumari Morales, Kathy Tamse, Jeizele Delos Reyes-go
Shelves: owned-books
Love it! Love it! Love it! Addison Moore is totally awesome! She made me want to look at my HS album and reminisce my experiences then, while listening to my '80s music files (speaking of which, I definitely want to add more songs from the era, thanks to her detailed music input) I also reconnected with my HS friends soon after I've read her book. Thank you, Addison! Your book made me smile for days... even weeks after. I also bought the other two books of the series. I'm already sure I'm going ...more
Sarah-Booknerd
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the 80's! This was a fun read. The references to all things 80's was awesome! Music(my favorite 80's thing) hair products, clothing fads and valley girls! What a fun trip back in time.
The characters were likable, storyline was kind of predictable but I'm ok with that when it's this kind of story. It was a feel good, nostalgic and fun high school romance. I want my lace fingerless glove and my black jelly bracelets!
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
So it was ok... just hard a hard time with the fact it's supposed to be 80's and the f word wasn't big back then... there were other ones. And I don't think suing was a big thing until the 90s....and there were a few other things or concepts that bugged me. I could be wrong but I was a child in the 80s.
Mary Stockwell
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great fun to read

I loved this book. Having raised two daughters through the eighty's, it was fun to read about that time in high school again. Especially since this is based on a true story. It was like watching some of my favorite movies from that time again. Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink, etc.
Beth Wilson
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

Like so adorable, totally! I like can't get over how much this book reminds me of my childhood! I can hear the same phrases Mel and her friends used, but in the voices of my own childhood friends.
Kelly
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love the 80's

But I only liked the book. I found Melissa to be dumb and irritating,the romance forced,and they got back together too quick. Maybe the next book will be better.
jessica
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I give it a almost three. I like the 80's setting but sometimes it felt like it was too much of it.
Michelle
It was a cute read.
  • Dream On
  • Conquest (Off-World, #3)
  • A Slight Miscalculation (Half Moon House #1.6)
  • Call Out (Jukebox Heroes, # 1)
  • Taking the Ice (Ice #3)
  • The Irish Lover (Glenncailty Castle, #1.5)
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
  • His Lady Godiva (Lovers and Other Strangers, #1)
  • Eightball Two-Three (Wings of Gold, #0.5)
  • The Army Doctor's Valentine's Baby (Army Doctor's Baby #5)
  • The Secret Diary of Lady Catherine Bexley
  • The Christmas Honeymoon  (Holiday Luv, #1)
  • Reckless Curves
  • A Whisper of Rosemary (Medieval Herb Garden, #3)
  • Code of Silence (Seal Team 12, #7.5)
  • Three Steps to Heaven (The Raiders, #1)
  • SEAL's Proposal (Take No Prisoners, #5)
  • A Wizard for Christmas
Addison Moore is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who writes contemporary and paranormal romance. Previously she worked as a therapist on a locked psychiatric unit for nearly a decade. She resides on the West Coast with her husband, four wonderful children, and two dogs where she eats too much chocolate and stays up way too late. When she's not writing, she's reading.
More about Addison Moore...

A Totally '80s Romance (3 books)
  • Tainted Love (A Totally '80s Romance #2)
  • Hold Me Now (A Totally '80s Romance #3)

“Kelly has her hair sticking a foot in the air in every direction, sprayed solid like a helmet.” 0 likes
“I never said I was normal—although, I’m convinced that normal runs on a sliding scale, and the only thing that really matters in this life is to be nice.” 0 likes