Start by marking “Call Forth the Waves” as Want to Read:
Call Forth the Waves

Call Forth the Waves

(The Celestine Series #2)

Earth, not so very long from now: the silent, inscrutable alien visitors who bathed the planet in transforming rains have moved on, leaving behind a world much changed.

Penn Roma, age sixteen, is blessed—or cursed—with supernatural talents she has always concealed. Her sisters, likewise afflicted, are prisoners of the Commission, the government agency tasked with controllin
Published March 22nd 2016 by Skyscape

To ask other readers questions about Call Forth the Waves, please sign up.
Josin McQuein I'm actually almost done with book 3 right now.…moreI'm actually almost done with book 3 right now.(less)

Start your review of Call Forth the Waves
Amber
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap ....

Holy crap on a cracker!

How dare she leave us right there!!!

Need need need the next installment like right
Daniel
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
This review originally published in Looking For a Good Book. Rated 2.25 of 5

Ah...book two in a series. I've somehow done it again and jumped into the middle of a series. This does not appear to be a series that it is easy to jump into right in the middle. The biggest problem is understanding who the characters are and their relationships. It was clear that I was missing something as I went through the book.

Not too far into the future, aliens have visited the earth but have since moved on. Unfort
Alissa
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Exhausting

I get that after the events in the first book there would be emotional difficulties dealing with everything, but the first 60-70% of the book felt like them wandering around, depressed and hopeless. Sure, there were a couple battles with the bad guys in there and constant tension of them being found, but I was too exhausted to care. At least the end of the book ramped up and things happened, but most of those decisions didn't feel earned or even wrestled with well enough. To cap it off
Jeanne Fleming
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twists and Turns Everywhere

Although I was disappointed with the second book, I'm glad I persevered, because this one was a doozy. We learned so many answers about Pen and her family. I was reading late into the night wanting to find out more. I can't wait to get into the next book.
Jesi
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Call Forth the Waves had a slower beginning than the first book in the series, but packed in more information about the Touched and how the Commission worked. It added some grey areas for characters that were strictly known as good/bad in the previous book and added some hints for bigger twists later on in the series, which I have some ideas of what will happen.
Lee Parker
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this for free through Goodreads First Reads

I think I really need to go back and read book one. I felt a little lost at times since I didn't really know the characters. But other than that it was an enjoyable story.
Maria Ilum Andersen
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adiobooks
Really good. In my opinion better than the first one. I grew a little tired halfway through the first book, but this one kept my hooked until the very end. Definitely worth a read!
sherri wruck
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

Makes you sit on the edge of your seat. Waiting to see what will happen next. Well written the emotions and energy of the characters leap off the page.
Diana Gagliardi
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Like this one better in a lot of ways- we have expanded our group and some of my suspicions have borne out. Even so, I still don't know where this is going or where it might end...

Enjoy!
☆Stephanie☆
**I received a copy of this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

I knew it. I knew Hatton would do this to me...
She left me hanging. Again.
O.M.G. I need the next installment now. Like, yesterday.
The cliffhanger in this novel must lead to another. If it ended this way, I would pull my hair out. No, it must be a cliffhanger. I just wish I knew when the next installment was coming out.
So Hatton really struts her stuff in this novel. At this point we (the reader) are used t
Catherine M. Gage
Loved it!

I am really enjoying this story line and can't wait to see how it ends!
I read the second book so fast that I ended up reading several chapters twice!
Nicole
Somehow I managed to not notice that this book was second in a series when entering the giveaway. I felt early on like I was missing something. Some vital piece that makes me really care and connect with the characters. I usually don't do books out of order so it's a very real possibility the problem is me. lol I would love to get my hands on the first book because there is real magic here. I just wouldn't recommend it as a stand alone. I'll probably have more to say after reading the first boo ...more
wally
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hatton, tank-empty-2
20 aug 16, 1st from hatton for me. the celestine series book 2. it happens. jumping into a series out-of-order. oh well. how'd i come to be here? that, i know. reading on the kindle, you open it up, turn it on, screen lights up, there's usually an ad. this story is one of a few i've purchased like that now. the price was right. 'reduced' i think...could be wrong, regardless the price was right. rain all day today, too. good day for pickling, bread & butter pickles, dilly bean, pot full of green ...more
Bonnie munn asido
Great story telling

I love books that are well written with a good plot and wonderful characters. This book transforms reality but keeps you guessing. The twists and turns never disappoints. It's a whole new universe. I can not wait for the next book.
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Awesome book and wish the next will come out soon to continue the epic story line!! What will be next?
Kimberly
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just devoured this book in a day. Another sequence of events that keep you guessing...and an ending that will have you looking around like "What just happened?! And when is the next book out??” ...more
T.J. Burns

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Amanda  Morgan
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Call forth the waves.

I absolutely loved this book and the twists and turns in it. Great character development and the characters are amazing. I highly recommend this series.
Katie Smith
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
I loved the first book in this series, but this one seemed a bit slow to me.
Patrícia Vaz
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Cleo McDougal Regrets Nothing
  • Girl Gone Mad
  • Don't Look for Me
  • The Silver Mark (Crow Investigations, #2)
  • Zuo Yuezi: An American Mother's Guide to Chinese Postpartum Recovery
  • Survival Mom: How to Prepare Your Family for Everyday Disasters and Worst-Case Scenarios
  • A Cold Dark Place (Cold Justice, #1)
  • Love Your Lady Landscape: Trust Your Gut, Care for 'Down There' and Reclaim Your Fierce and Feminine SHE Power
  • Burn the Dark (Malus Domestica, #1)
  • A Taste Of Our Own Medicine: 3 Vital Keys To Ending Postnatal Depletion, Nurturing Mothers And Improving Communities
  • LACTIVATE!: A User's Guide To Breastfeeding
  • Latch: A Handbook for Breastfeeding with Confidence at Every Stage
  • The Shadow Wand (The Black Witch Chronicles, #3)
  • The Iron Flower (The Black Witch Chronicles, #2)
  • The Pearl King (Crow Investigations, #4)
  • Little Creeping Things
  • The Fox's Curse (Crow Investigations, #3)
  • Healing Your Body Naturally After Childbirth: The New Mom's Guide to Navigating the Fourth Trimester
L.J. Hatton is a Texan, born and raised. She sometimes refers to the towns she’s lived in by the movies filmed in them, and if she wasn’t working as a professional pretender, she’d likely be holed up in a lab somewhere doing genetics research.

She is also the author of Sing Down the Stars, the first volume in her Celestine series.

Also see Josin L. McQuein.

The Celestine Series (3 books)
  • Sing Down the Stars
  • Rise Through the Storm (The Celestine Series #3)