Start by marking “Cut to the Chase (City Shifters: the Pride, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cut to the Chase (City Shifters: the Pride, #4)

Cut to the Chase

(City Shifters: the Pride #4)

Ruby O'Shea gives the orders in her pack. And when a rival alpha propositions her with a marriage of convenience at the cost of her power, she rejects him. Happily ever after might not be in her cards, but she refuses to give up her power, her pack, and everything else she's worked for. Unfortunately, the other alpha doesn't take rejection well, and prepares to destroy Rub ...more
Published October 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Cut to the Chase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut to the Chase

Start your review of Cut to the Chase (City Shifters: the Pride, #4)
Jonel
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, kobo
What a fun & exciting look at the life of city shifters. Nash has developed some interesting dynamics between the different shifter groups in this novel. Each stands on its own yet the entire shifter community still comes together as one at times. This creates an intriguing backdrop for the plot that Nash brings forward. Her vibrant descriptions bring things to life as the spicy yet difficult relationship between the main characters blossoms.

I loved the dynamic between the main characters in th
Debrac2014
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story! In the previous story, I didn't like Ruby but she and Carter won me over!
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

Cut to the Chase is one of those stories where you’ll discover so much more about some previously secondary characters than you ever thought possible usually with eye-opening surprises along the way. Carter is definitely that person, Ruby to a lesser degree. They’ve both been somewhat involved in previous stories but now they’ll shine in their own unconventional romance that despite all odds actually works for these mates.

We all know that still waters run deep and Carter
Hazel Robinson
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my

Oh my I am loving this series more and more. Ruby the Alpha leader of one of the wolfpacks need a strong male lover. She cannot fine one that would let her be who she is. But in walk Carter Chase he may be quiet but he is man enough to handle the Bloodmoon Alpha. One of if not the best shifter series I have read.
Puna
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ugh. Why does it have to be the one alpha that is female in the series be the one that likes to be controlled in private? The alpha men are tough & strong everywhere but the tough & strong alpha female must be weak & submissive in the bedroom. ...more
Holly
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wolf and a lion what could be better. I really enjoyed Ruby and Carter's story. It is tough to get be the Alpha female all the time and Carter is perfect for the tough wolf Alpha.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
This is the fourth book in the City Shifters series, but I agreed to read and review after being assured that it could be read as a standalone. I agree with that statement, but I do feel that you would gain the most from reading the prior books, simply because it sounds like they are all good stories!

Ruby is the joint alpha, along with her brother Rafe, of one of the two wolf packs in town. When the alpha of the other pack approaches her with a business/personal proposition, she is taken aback.
Karen
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ruby and the Dom

Carter is known as the polite, even tempered Chase brother. Armed with an MBA, he handles the family's financial holdings and acquisitions. Ruby O'Shea, alongside her twin, Rafe, is co-alpha of the Blood Moon wolf pack. Carter has loved her for years, but she hasn't been ready, focused solely o n the needs of her pack. Then a matchmaker sets Carter up on three disastrous dates within a week and Ruby receives a proposal for a marriage of convenience from the alpha of the SilverLin
Leslie OBrien
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Layla Nash’ “Cut to the Chase” is book 4 in the City Shifters: The Pride series. When the story opens, Ruby O’Shea (an alpha wolf leader) is about to get propositioned. Thankfully, she says no as she starts down a different path. One that leads her into the arms of Carter (a lion). As can be expected, mixing species is frowned upon by many, but the electricity that exists between the two could probably light up the neighborhood. This is a great story, and the added paranormal aspects make it mor ...more
Karen Roma
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this story, but I'm so disappointed that I hadn't heard of the author prior and haven't read the first three books of the series. While this is a standalone story; the appearance of so many characters from previous books made me want to know their background and how they came to be together too.

That aside, CUT TO THE CHASE is a fast-paced, passionate and compelling tale of the weight of responsibility versus the pull of the heart, and all the confusion and drama that goes ha
Jody
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Poor Carter. And Ruby is also pack first. But whatever becomes of the Council meeting?
Anna
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Another great story in the City Shifters series! I was a bit disappointed that Carter wasn't quite so sensitive and geeky as I'd initially thought him from cameo appearances in other books. But if you ignore that the story was a good one. Plus, I really enjoy the way world-building points from earlier books keep threading through later stories and moving the entire series forward. Looking forward to the final installment!
Helen
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a good read but I think it might have been even better had I read the first few books. I am now going to go back and start with book one and am looking forward to since this book was well written and I really enjoyed the characters. I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.
Denise
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Carter is a feline Ruby is a wolf pack alpha and they are mates. Carter just has to convince Ruby she can still be an alpha with him by her side. Ruby just has to realize that Carter is there to help her and being mates will not effect her being an alpha and running her pack. Thank you to Layla Nash for this very entertaining review copy totally enjoyed reading it. Highly recommend.

Candy Laine
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Carter is the quiet brother. The peacemaker. The Yoga and Zen practitioner. So how can Ruby O'Shea the fiery alpha of the Blood Moon wolf pack possibly be his mate? Well stranger things have happened. And still waters do run deep. There's a side to Carter that no one but Ruby has seen. Can she surrender to him and let love grow?
Elizabeth Wood
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was provided this book for an honest review.

This was a great story! The dynamics of the pack, the strained relationships with other shifter clans, and the intermingling of the clans is a refreshing story-line.

Ruby & Chase are great together!
Natalie
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cut to the Chase

Wow this is my new favorite author. I have read every book back to back and I have nothing but praises. I just wish they would get rid of evershaw.
Anne
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! On to the next. This series is really good.
Domini Maxwell
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

One of the best shifter series I have ever read ... I can't wait to read Edgar's story! Great job!!
Ingibjorg Frid
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's a long time since I have been this intrigued in a series... I ended up buying all the books and read them in one day, could not put them away...
Barbara
Sam
Nov 15, 2015
Jun 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Bound (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #6)
  • Forbidden (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #5)
  • Royal Bear (P.O.L.A.R. Book 5)
  • Covert Bear (P.O.L.A.R., #3)
  • Craved (Tribute Brides of the Drexian Warriors #7)
  • Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates, #1)
  • Tactical Bear (P.O.L.A.R., #4)
  • Ransomed (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #4)
  • Goode Vibrations (Goode Girls #5)
  • Wild Game (Wilding Pack Wolves, #1)
  • Immortal Angel (Argeneau, #31)
  • Heat (Bearpaw Ridge Firefighters, #1)
  • Alien Warrior (Zerconian Warriors, #1)
  • Winter (Rise of the Pride #2)
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Talon (Rise of the Pride, #1)
  • Jingled (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #6.5)
  • Hitched to the Alien General (Warriors of the Lathar, #8)

City Shifters: the Pride (8 books)
  • Thrill of the Chase (City Shifters: the Pride, #1)
  • Chasing Trouble  (City Shifters: the Pride, #2)
  • Storm Chaser (City Shifters: the Pride, #3)
  • Chasing the Dream (City Shifters: the Pride, #5)
  • A Chase Christmas (City Shifters: the Pride, #6)
  • A Valentine's Chase (City Shifters: the Pride, #7)
  • A Mother's Pride (City Shifters: the Pride, #8)