Start by marking “The Marc Edwards Mystery Series: Box Set (Marc Edwards Mystery #7-12)” as Want to Read:
The Marc Edwards Mystery Series: Box Set (Marc Edwards Mystery #7-12)

The Marc Edwards Mystery Series: Box Set

(Marc Edwards Mystery #7-12)

The 1830s in Canada are the years of unrest known as The Rebellions. Upper Canada and Lower Canada (modern-day Ontario and Quebec) are at odds, and the country is divided. Marc Edwards, Lieutenant-turned-Barrister, and his former police colleague, Constable Horatio Cobb, band together to solve crimes in Toronto.

Don Gutteridge’s Marc Edwards Mystery Series is set against th
Published September 28th 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about The Marc Edwards Mystery Series, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marc Edwards Mystery Series

Audrey Driscoll
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This set of six books from the author's Marc Edwards Mystery Series could be called history with a side of mystery, or possibly the reverse, but I decided the former is more accurate. The underlying element is Canadian history, specifically the period from 1839 to 1841, during which the foundations of what the author terms "responsible government" were laid. A key element of this was the alliance between the English Reformers of Upper Canada and the French Rouge party of Lower Canada. This is th ...more
Monica
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won this Book Set on a Goodreads Giveaway. Opinions are my own.

I have never read anything by Don Gutteridge before, but he will be added to my must read list. Gutteridge grew his main characters throughout these books, doing it in a way that makes you feel like you know them personally, at least I felt that way.

These books are set in Canada in the 1830's & 1840's, so far. It's a journey of Marc Edwards life and the way he changes throughout. Though Marc is the main character, I couldn't h
Savannah
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
The history did not take the back seat in this set of novels. I appreciated that, but I admit that I would have gotten more out of this series had I been more familiar with this part of Canada's geography and history. I probably will also go back and read the earlier books in the series so I can get all the references. But they were quick and interesting reads! It was nice being able to get to a good stopping point, then find the time where I could sit down and read the next book in the set.
Marissa
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

This box set contains books seven to twelve in the series which features Marc Edwards in The Bishop’s Pawn, Desperate Acts, Unholy Alliance, Minor Corruption, Governing Passion and The Widow’s Demise.

We watch as a barrister teams up with a police officer to solve crimes in Upper and Lower Canada during the early days of confederacy. Fans of history thrown in with a rash of criminal crimes will find it an interesting read.
Melissa Cheresnick
Jul 08, 2019
Lavender
May 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle, giveaways, own
Placeholder

I won this book via Goodreads Giveaways.
Beth Long
Nancy
MIPat
Jenni
Apr 26, 2019
Don Gutteridge was born in Sarnia and raised in the nearby village of Point Edward. He taught High School English for seven years, later becoming a Professor in the Faculty of Education at the Western University, where he is now Professor Emeritus. He is the author of twenty-two novels. including the twelve-volume Marc Edwards mystery series. Don is also an accomplished poet and has published twen ...more

Marc Edwards Mystery (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Turncoat (Marc Edwards Mystery, #1)
  • Solemn Vows (Marc Edwards Mystery, #2)
  • Vital Secrets (Marc Edwards Mystery, #3)
  • Dubious Allegiance (Marc Edwards Mystery, #4)
  • Bloody Relations (Marc Edwards Mystery, #5)
  • Death of a Patriot  (Marc Edwards Mystery, #6)
  • The Bishop's Pawn (Marc Edwards Mystery, #7)
  • Desperate Acts (Marc Edwards Mystery, #8)
  • Unholy Alliance (Marc Edwards Mystery, #9)
  • Minor Corruption (Marc Edwards Mystery, #10)