Start by marking “Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)

Sweep in Peace

(Innkeeper Chronicles #2)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  22,577 ratings  ·  1,794 reviews
Dina DeMille doesn’t run your typical Bed and Breakfast. Her inn defies laws of physics, her fluffy dog is secretly a monster, and the only paying guest is a former Galactic tyrant with a price on her head. But the inn needs guests to thrive, and guests have been scarce, so when an Arbitrator shows up at Dina's door and asks her to host a peace summit between three warring ...more
Published November 13th 2015 by NYLA

To ask other readers questions about Sweep in Peace, please sign up.
Levia It's still being written and released as a free fiction on their website. They don't update every week but it is pretty often. :)
Patricia Just to add a little more detail to the first answer: What we are currently reading is the first draft. It's being posted shortly after it's been…moreJust to add a little more detail to the first answer: What we are currently reading is the first draft. It's being posted shortly after it's been written and we get it for free. Once the story is done, they'll edit and edit and edit some more, then publish the book. (and pull it from the website) So after the publication, the finished Sweep in Peace won't be available for free online anymore, it will be different from the work in progress we're reading now, and if you want to read that edited version, it'll cost you a few bucks. (less)

·  22,577 ratings  ·  1,794 reviews

Start your review of Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

SO. First things first.

I had a minor issue with INNKEEPER CHRONICLES #2. Obviously, I still enjoyed the book—very much—but the problem can't go unaddressed, and I feel like I've painted a more negative picture than I intended to.

You have been duly disclaimed.

I recently had an opportunity to read the opening chapters for an Andrews' work-in-progress. I was told in advance that it was darker than what they usually write, and I mistakenly equated “darker” with violence. In
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Fear My Mighty Stick Buddy Rerererereread (FMMSBR) with the IA Addicts

· Previous rating: 4 stars.
· New rating: 4.89654896 stars. Now that's more like it.

And the moral of this rerereread is: why it took me three bloody shrimping rereads to rate this book appropriately is and forever shall be one of the greatest mysteries of the universe (and beyond).

And the other moral of this rerereread is: I think I found the perfect Grumpy Cat silent, stealthy, vicious killer that prowls by night and
carol.
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Andrews fans
Surprisingly, I liked this even better than the first novel in the Innkeeper series, Clean Sweep. I expected a paranormal romance direction and was pleasantly surprised to discover the plot surrounded the challenge of an interspecies summit at the inn.

Caldenia, ex-tyrant, and galactic exile, remains my favorite character. Characterization, of course, is where the Andrews shine, and her cut-throat political advice is the dose of strategy that balances innkeeper goodness and the violent tendencies
Anne
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
George & Jack, who started out as children with special abilities under the guardianship of their sister, Rose, in the first book in The Edge series (On the Edge) plus a few other characters/friends from the series show up in this one!

description

Full disclosure: George, Jack, & Lark were my favorite characters in that entire series. In fact, they absolutely stole the show and out-shined both of the main characters in the final book, Steel's Edge. And for those of you who (like me) felt like the
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Final review, first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Dina DeMille runs a bed-and-breakfast inn that secretly caters to visitors from other parts of the galaxy. The magical, semi-sentient inn can create opulent new rooms and redecorate them at Dina’s wish, with a blithe disregard for the normal laws of physics (what I wouldn’t give to have a house like that!). But Dina is short on both guests and cash, so she’s open to the idea when George, an arbitrator of disputes between different alien races,
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

I'm an idiot.

It's the only explanation that I can come up with to explain how it wasn't until 90% of the way through the book I had a lightbulb moment and realized that I knew 1/2 of the characters from before... from way before.

I'm blaming the fact that it has been years since I've read an Edge book, but, honestly, there is no excuse. These characters were grown up, more damaged versions of the children that I remembered and loved. I wish that Ilona Andrews gave these guys more of
Robin (Bridge Four)
3rd read. Better Every time.

Review of the finished ebook

The best thing about the ebook version of Sweep in Peace IS you can read it all in one sitting. The story feels a little different when you are able to immerse yourself in the world over a much shorter timeframe and live in Gertrude Hunt for a few days. The emotions hit harder, the pain is more palpable and the story definitely flows better.

Clean Sweep was just a good time going up against the bad guy and getting used to the world of an
★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
OMG the cover iz sooh pretty :D

UPDATE 03 Feb: Chapter 14 part 2 is up! (all links below)
I will be periodically updating this review to let you guys know when a new part is posted, or the mood strikes me. ;)

Me and this cat have a few things in common...

We really want what we can't have.
GIVE IT TO ME. GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

~*~edit#1~*~
Anyone who has ever read a book by Ilona Andrews won't need me to tell them how awesome those
Aisling Zena
Re-read 11/12/17

5 stars

Chapter 16 part 2 and Epilogue

I've realised I've been reading this for a year now! It has finally come to an end and it was magnificent! Huge thanks to Ilona Andrews for sharing this with us. I loved it!

Chapter 16 part 1

Chapter 15 part 4
I don't care about his reasons he's still a manipulative ass. The ends do not justify the means.

Chapter 15 part 3

Chapter 14 part 1

Chapter 13 part 2-3

Chapter 12 part 3-4

George you make me wanna punch you.. Hard..

Chapter 12 part 2

Two
Sh3lly
This is book 2 in the Innkeeper Chronicles.

Dina and her awesome magical house that can suck people up, change the decor in rooms, landscape the grounds in an instant... redecorating has never been easier! All it takes is a thought and intent. If you are an innkeeper connected to the house, which Dina is, of course. Her magic is awesome. Love Gertrude Hunt (the inn's name)!

In this one, Dina gets approached by an Arbitrator named George (apparently he is from The Edge series - crossover!). George
1st read - June 2015
2nd read - November 2015
3rd read - December 2016
4th read - October 2017
5th read - May 2019

Full Review

It's no secret that I'm a total fangirl when it comes to Ilona and Gordon Andrews, in fact I've probably said that at the beginning of nearly all my reviews of their books, and I'm completely addicted to their Inkeeper Chronicles. I love the way these stories are initially posted in free instalments for fans to read online, we get to comment on the story as it's written and I
Angela
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think it's a fairly well-known fact that I'm a HUGE Ilona Andrews fan-girl. I try not to let this influence my reviews of their books, and in fact I think it makes me judge them a little more harshly in some lights, but the fact of the matter is that I just flat-out enjoy their stories. It's hard for me to find serious faults with them. And when I'm having fun, when I'm invested, and when an author can bring out the sort of emotions that Ilona Andrews manages - well, that results in an ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

I absolutely love Ilona Andrews. I have pre-ordered exactly three books this year and guess who wrote two of them? Ilona Andrews. When I know that a new Ilona Andrews book is coming out, I actually plan my reading time so that I will be able to finish whatever it is that I am reading the day before the book comes out. I only get two weeks of vacation time each year and I have seriously debated using a day just to stay home and read their books
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 IA Never Fail Stars

It's been months since the events from Clean Sweep and Gertrude Hunt is still in dire need of guests. When Dina gets an offer to host a peace summit between three waring factions she has a decision to make. Accept and risk losing everything if she is unable to control her hostile guests or deny and lose a great chance to boost both, the magic of the inn and her, admittedly, hurting bank account.

I enjoyed SiP very much. I liked the slightly darker vibe it had than CS. I
Jilly
There was a series that Ilona Andrews wrote called The Edge series.On the Edge It had two young brothers, George and Jack, that were sweet, adorable, and each troubled in their own way. We watched them grow-up during this series, and we all wished there would be more books that showed us what became of them - especially since another child, Lark, was added into the mix. She was also a work in progress. Well, those characters show up in this book. Yay! Right?.. uh, no. Not yay. This book is a ...more
Faye, la Patata
Guys, if you haven't read an Ilona Andrews book, please, for the love of all things sane and holy, GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT AND READ HER NOW! Specifically the Innkeeper Chronicles series! Clean Sweep! Sweep in Peace! ALL OF HER BOOOKS!

This is, by far, the BEST urban fantasy I've ever read. EVER EVER EVER READ. You're probably thinking, "But, Faye, didn't you say a few months ago that it was Ilona Andrews'Kate Daniels series that was the best you've ever read?" That tidbit was very much
Norah Una Sumner
“I had one chance to impress the Arbiter and I had to improvise.”
Caldenia arched one eyebrow.
“I saw it in a movie once,” I explained. “It was easy to visualize.”
“Was it a movie for adults?”
“It had a talking candelabra who was friends with a grumpy clock.”
“I see.”

Great sequel. So much girl power and action. I definitely had so much fun reading this book and my love for Dina is just getting bigger and bigger. Also, Caldenia is da boss. Love her creepiness. Looking forward to reading the third
Melanie
1.) Clean Sweep

Apparently, Jack, George, Gaston, and Lark/Sophie are all from IA's other series The Edge. I haven't read this series yet, but going off my friend's reviews this is either going to make you very happy or completely turn you off of this book! I am kind of scared to read it, but I loved Sweep in Peace so maybe I'll dive in one day when my stacks of "to reads" isn't touching my bedroom ceiling.

Oh, and I also think you will be able to read this for free on IA's website, but I don't
Ferdy
2.5 stars - Spoilers

Not as fun as the first book, the story wasn't as interesting and Dina wasn't as likeable, also George's presence irritated the heck out of me.

Good points:

-Loved Orro, he was so hilariously melodramatic and was by far the best thing in the story.

-Loved the setting of the inn and the whole magic system, not to mention all the various species and planets that were shown, the world was just a lot of fun to immerse into.

-Jack, Gaston and Sophia's presence, they didn't play big
Maria Dimitrova
Re-read # 4; December 17th

Reread with IAA.
description
When I was rereading Clean Sweep I was mortified by how little details I remembered because I usually remember stuff like that. Things were much better with SiP. So I'm relieved :)

When I first read this book I was still a newbie of the IA world. And now that I've read all of their books and especially The Edge series I can appreciate Sweep in Peace even better. There's a bit of a crossover between the two series but you don't have to have read The Edge
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*

*rates book*....checks in closet.....looks under bed....sits down and sighs in relief I escaped an attack for giving an Ilona Andrews book an average rating.

I was 'floored' by the first book in the Innkeeper Chronicles, Clean Sweep. It was cute, so unique nothing else came to mind that resembled it, fun in the potential future romance department, adventurous, just plain good. Now we have a much wanted-sequel, but here the brush bristles fell a little flat.

Don't get me wrong - it's "good". It's
Phrynne
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a clever series. I love the world building and I think I have said before I want an inn like Dina's!!! Just imagine what you could do with it.
To me the best part was the crossover by several of the characters from another series "The Edge" most importantly George and Jack. They are older now and considerably more dangerous but it is kind of nice to see what they grew up into.
Bring on the next instalment.........soon:)
Julio Genao
"es que lo quierooooooooooooo."

fun. a little less fun than the first one, but that's the challenge of serially-produced fiction, i guess.

even dickens published a couple mushy chapters in a row now and again.
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
Now we are getting somewhere... I loved the second instalment of the Innkeeper Chronicle series. Apparently this series ties in with a series that The Andrews' wrote called "The Edge" where some of the characters who were children in that series are now adults. However, if you are like me and are a Ilona Andrews novice, never fear! You wont lose anything by not knowing the characters... Although it will be interesting to read the other series to understand their story better.

Dina is back in the
♥Rachel♥
I want the next one!
Cyndi
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series! Ok, in the small town of Red Deer, Texas a lot of unusual things are happening in the Gertrude Hunt B&B. In the middle of it stands a cute little blond innkeeper with a broom and her little Shih Tzu.
But, she's not a regular innkeeper, she has magic. Her guests aren't regular either. One is an assassin with a huge price on her head and most of the rest of them are vampires.
Although there are a lot of terrific characters in this book, I think my favorite is the inn,
Kat
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This sequel to “Clean Sweep” sees innkeeper Dina alone at her inn trying to figure out what she can do to get more guests and sustain her future as an innkeeper, as well as her beloved, living inn. When a man appears and asks her to host a dangerous conference, but for a large sum of money that would help make ends meet, as well as perhaps bring peace to a corner of the galaxy, Dina says yes even though many others have turned him down.

This had a TON of world building and lots of palace
Fafa's Book Corner
Review posted on Fafa's Book Corner!

Beware spoilers ahead!

Trigger warning: Death and mention of war.

After finishing Clean SweepI was excited awaiting my turn in my library.Sweep in Peacehad a lot of expectations to meet. I am happy to report that I enjoyed it!

Sweep in Peacebegins with a prologue from a new characters point of view. Said character has just murdered somebody due to personal reason. The unknown character is confronted by Klaus (Dina's brother) and offered a job. The character's
Jen Davis
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fact that Ilona Andrews publishes this series as a free serial on her blog is such a lovely gift to her fans. It’s a gift, though, that I choose not to take advantage of, simply because I don’t have the patience for a serial. And just as with Clean Sweep, I am so very glad that I waited to read this story all at once. I loved it every bit as much as the first book, maybe even more.

It’s been five months since we last saw Dina and the Gertrude Hunt Bed and Breakfast. It’s been a bit lonely
Jaela
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.35 stars! I finished it!
sooo good!

I'm not gonna spoil the story (but some little things)

I feel like Dina is growing more intelligent and practical. I like her reasoning:

“Do you believe in destiny, Dina?”
“No.”
“Why not?”
“Because (view spoiler)

• Curran POV Collection
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • Written in Red (The Others, #1)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #2)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better ...more

Innkeeper Chronicles (4 books)
  • Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
“That’s a well-thought out layout,” Caldenia said. “But why pink marble?” She waved at the ceiling. “Pink marble, white ceiling, golden accents… With the electric lighting it will turn into this ghastly orange.”
“I had one chance to impress the Arbiter and I had to improvise.”
Caldenia arched one eyebrow.
“I saw it in a movie once,” I explained. “It was easy to visualize.”
“Was it a movie for adults?”
“It had a talking candelabra who was friends with a grumpy clock.”
“I see.”
27 likes
“What are you planning?” I asked, as we turned toward the grand ballroom.
“Just a small demonstration for the public good,” he said. “I am so sorry.”
“You’re apologizing in advance.”
“Yes.”