Start by marking “Saffron and Seaweed (Summer McCloud paranormal mystery)” as Want to Read:
Saffron and Seaweed (Summer McCloud paranormal mystery)

Saffron and Seaweed (Summer McCloud paranormal mystery)

Summer and Jerry’s romantic weekend takes a dark turn when they discover the body of a young woman in the surf.

When the local police deny the crime and the newspaper prints nothing, Jerry and Summer realize they are on their own. But they have no idea how deep they will have to dig to find out the truth. The murder is only a thread in a web of lies that extends to the fur
Published October 18th 2015 by Airmid Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Saffron and Seaweed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saffron and Seaweed

Virginia Books
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
** This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review**

In this second installment, Summer McCloud and his cop boyfriend, Jerry, leave Ames to have some vacation in the beach town of Watch Hill, but as they arrived, they discover a dead body in the water and the mini holidays gets complicated.

The plot is good and I like the idea of a team made up of psychic skills (Summer) and detective abilities (Jerry). It is a really great combination. I think I enjoyed this one more than
Noma
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Warning: This is a cozy mystery. This genre is an acquired taste.

In order to appreciate cozy mysteries click here for an in-depth definition.
Read my review for Murder in Plain Sight(book 1)

In one sentence this novel explores the corrupt relationship between American oil magnates and Algerian /Arab regimes. Anyone with an open mind will find Saffron and Seaweed chilling for the underlying implications of the plot. In some instances, during Summer’s and Jerry’s investigation into the murder, a ser
Jane Firebaugh
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Throw together an excellent mystery with lots of twists and a dash of romance, along with a bit of angst, politics and restless murder victims who want closure and write it all up in a beautiful style with mega talent and you will get Nikki Broadwell's latest novel, Saffron and Seaweed.

Great read! I enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to more from this author.
Shannan
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
In book two, Summer and Jerry are trying to have a romantic getaway. The dead lady in the water, the lack of reporting and even bigger lack of police investigation has them trying to solve it.

Very addictive, quick pace to the story so you want to keep reading until the last pages. The dialogue rolls smoothly and like real conversation.

It's believable but disappointing that Jerry seems to have a lack of belief in the skills of his psychic girlfriend, even if for only a short time.

Between the la
Tony Parsons
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Detective Jerry Brady (Ames PD homicide), was giving Summer McCloud (narrator, Tarot & Tea occult shop owner, clairvoyant) a ride on his new Indian Chief motorcycle.
They were at Napatree Point beach swimming & Summer reached for Jerry’s hand but it was not his. It was a dead female body.

Buffy Slade & Drake Long got married aboard the Seaweed (yacht).
They plan on honeymooning in Bermuda.
Yvonne Abbadi (Algerian/French, daughter, bridesmaid, Nathan’s GF) was the dead female’s name.
Dut
Sandra
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just read Book 1 in this series and really enjoyed it, so I immediately moved on to read Book 2. Like Book 1, I really enjoyed this book and found it to be fast paced and full of action and drama, and there is plenty of mystery to keep you intrigued. I liked how the two main characters of Summer and Jerry are present throughout the series, as I already feel invested in them as characters and how they resolve the mysteries they become involved in. There is an element of the supernatural/paranor ...more
Melanie
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
*This Book Was Given To Me In Exchange For An Honest Review*

This is the first book I have read by new to me author Nikki Broadwell and although it is book 2 in the series the author states (and I would generally agree) that the book works as a stand alone.

This is a good little paranormal mystery although I didn't always connect with the characters. I wonder if that perception may have been a little different had I stared the series with the first book.

That being said the story was solid and I ne
Linda L Mack
Apr 30, 2017
Karen Landon
Mar 24, 2017
Mark
Audrey Ziebol
Mar 02, 2018
Nikki Broadwell
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Keesies
James Robert
Janet Watson
Calvin
Aug 02, 2018
I graduated with a BA in art and English from Sonoma State University in California. I've been an avid reader since I first learned how and a writer from my early teenage years on. I've had several art related businesses, including greeting cards and more recently a silk painting business. When I began to write in earnest I put aside the art, concentrating only on the writing.

I've traveled a lot o