Start by marking “Wilde Omens” as Want to Read:
Wilde Omens

Wilde Omens

Everything was fine until Sherlock showed up for tea.

Penelope Wilde has worked hard to be normal. With an IQ off the charts, her mother forces her to dampen her genius throughout school to avoid unwanted scrutiny. In time it becomes a normal way of life until a man shows up in her living room proclaiming himself to not only be her father, but also the fictional, ingenious
Published November 16th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Wilde Omens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wilde Omens

Start your review of Wilde Omens
Kate
I read a snippet of this book and just had to read it. Why? Because it is bloody brilliant.
It is original, witty, and funny with likable characters.

Penelope Wilde is wallowing in self-pity when her father, who she doesn’t know is Sherlock Holmes. Yes that Sherlock Holmes the one and only. He created a serum to prolong life turned out it made him immortal along with Penelope’s Mum, Watson, Sherlock and an unknown fifth person.
She is sassy and strong, has a lot to deal with but can stick up for
Brittany Goodman
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Disappointed

I wanted to like this book. For some reason I thought that this was a YA book, but there's a lot of profanity and a lot of list between two of the characters. I didn't make it past halfway before I decided to quit. I just wasn't enjoying the story. None of the characters appeal to me. Penelope is a super genius yet thinks with her hormones or at the times she's using her brains, she confuses the audience. When she met her father, I wasn't sure how she came to her conclusion, she just
Relina Skye
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Authors Bree Lawrence and S.E. Babin co-wrote, "Wilde Omens", the first book in the Time Wardens series. Penelope Wilde just turned twenty-five when she has an unexpected visitor arrive at her home. This visitor makes wild clams about who she is and what he expects of her.
Can Penelope survive this turn of strange events, or will she get lost in time trying to keep up?
Overall, I enjoyed reading this story. It was a great start to an entertaining series.
Betty Mcneal
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I loved the book. The relationships between the characters is very realistic. It has the subtle nuances between mother and daughter down. I love the snarkiness of the characters. It's a great spin on a classic literary character.
K.J. Simmill
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wilde Omens (Time Wardens Book 1) by Bree Lawrence and S.E. Babin is a cyberpunk, time travel, urban fantasy unlike any other. Life for Penelope is difficult enough, all her life she has worked hard to be unspectacular. A genius forced to reign in her brilliance making good grades, but not enough to draw unwanted attention. She has a simple life, works a modest job, but she is anything but ordinary. Things were just fine, until her estranged father came for tea, a man claiming to be Sherlock Hol ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I admit, when I first started reading this book I couldn’t get into it. I almost DNF’d it. I am so, so glad that I didn’t!!! Penelope Wilde is a genius. I mean a true off the IQ chart genius. She listened to her mother growing up and didn’t display her abilities while is school so she was never a target.
Then right before her 25th birthday, she gets a visit from her father. A man she had never met. The surprising thing was her father is none other than Sherlock Holmes… Yes, that Sherlock Holmes.
Marissa
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kindle Copy for Review

Penelope Wilde tried to live a normal life despite her IQ. She appears to be living a quiet life until a man shows up proclaiming to be her father. If that was not weird enough he says he is the infamous Sherlock Holmes who is a time traveler and she will stop aging at twenty five.

Penelope is plunged into her father’s bizarre yet brilliant world. As she must give up her way of life and embrace the danger and intrigue that is a part of her birthright to claim her father’s em
Helen Simpson
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK. WHAT WAS NOT TO LOVE. A FIESTY LEAD FEMALE WITH AN ATTITUDE THATS ELECTRIC. I LOVED THE FACT THAT SHE HAD A FAB FATHER I WONT SAY TO MUCH NOT TO SPOIL. I LOVED HOW SHE HANDLED EVERYTHING THROUGH AT HER AND CAME OUT ON TOP. CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IN HER WORLD.
Maria
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebies
The only reason I'm giving this a 3 is because 1.They never mentioned what the drug it was combined with 2.In some sections it seemed like we were missing more information than implied 3.I needed more of her genius. It is said so many times that she is a genius, "more than Stephen Hawking" yet we never really get to see it.
Crystal
Elizabeth Upp
Sep 04, 2018
Joan Hockabout
Jun 02, 2016

• Wilde Storm (Time Wardens Book 2)
  • The Nerdy Necromancer (The Deadicated Matchmaker #1)
  • The Vegan Vamp (The Deadicated Matchmaker Book 4)
  • Out of Patience Aphrodite (The Goddess Chronicles #7)
  • Persuasion (Curse of the Gods, #2)
  • Seduction (Curse of the Gods #3)
  • Pain (Curse of the Gods, #5)
  • Strength (Curse of the Gods, #4)
  • Plotting Mr. Perfect
  • The Jilted Jinn (The Deadicated Matchmaker #2)
  • The Clumsy Clairvoyant (The Deadicated Matchmaker Book 3)
  • Great Balls of Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Doom and Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 2)
  • Spells & Shelves (Library Witch Mystery #1)
  • Charms & Chapters (Library Witch Mystery #2)
  • Louis (Supernatural Prison Story, #3)
  • Out of Excuses Aphrodite (The Goddess Chronicles #6)
  • Witch in Training (Blair Wilkes Mystery #2)

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...