Start by marking “The Thank You Book (Elephant & Piggie, #25)” as Want to Read:
The Thank You Book (Elephant & Piggie, #25)

The Thank You Book (Elephant & Piggie #25)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  4,289 Ratings  ·  607 Reviews
Gerald is careful. Piggie is not.
Piggie cannot help smiling. Gerald can.
Gerald worries so that Piggie does not have to.

Gerald and Piggie are best friends.

In The Thank You Book!, Piggie wants to thank EVERYONE. But Gerald is worried Piggie will forget someone . . . someone important.
Published May 3rd 2016 by Disney-Hyperion (first published 2016)

Lonna | FLYLēF
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
They say, “All good things must come to an end.”

I harrumph and ask, “Why?”

Through the years, I've collected each new book as they are published. Now I've finally added the last and final book to this loving series, and it feels...overwhelming. I'm sadden that it's come to an end. Though, my sons and I will be re-reading this for years to come. ♥♥♥
Franki Sibberson
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would give this one a 10 if I could! I have read every one in this series and not one disappointment. The way that Mo Willems ended this series is brilliant, as expected. Definitely bittersweet as I have loved this series as have my students. But an amazing end to an incredible series.
Jessica
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, own
Gerald the Elephant and Piggie the Pig say good-bye to all their friends in the final installment. Not really a story, but a sweet ending for this fantastic series.

I'm not crying, YOU're crying.
Donalyn
You might need a tissue for the end to this incredible series.
Pooja
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
" I am a thanking machine!! "

I would take inspiration from this book and would like to thank everybody on Goodreads for making reading so exciting for me! I have enjoyed here a lot and I wish the same to everyone.

Happy reading, fellas!

Matt
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this Elephant and Piggie book, it’s a mix of manners and worry that drives the story. While Piggie feels it is important to thank all her friends for who they are and what they’ve done for her, Gerald is somewhat apprehensive. He likes the idea of thankfulness, but worries that in Piggie’s rush, she might forget someone important. Doing so could negate all the wonderful ‘thank you’ messages that are being broadcast, which has Gerald tied in knots. Neo knows all about saying THANKS, as well ...more
☕ Kimberly
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ages: 4-8 Grade Level 1-3

The first sentence of The Thank You Book by Mo Willems is from Piggie who says, "I have a lot to be thankful for...I had better get thanking!" And thus begins the story of Piggie thanking all of his friends. At the same time Gerald the Elephant worries over Piggie forgetting someone. The more folks Piggie thanks the more convinced Gerald is that Piggie will forget someone. I loved the little twist at the end, and the message Piggie and Elephant share with young readers.
David Schaafsma
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Each year I and my family read and rate all the Goodreads picture book nominees. This one is nominated for 2016. I make a few comments and then add their separate ratings and a comment. There's 15 and this is the eighth being rated. My rating might be somewhat influenced by the family, naturally. This rating bumped up a notch just for them.

I am by this point, book #25 of Elephant and Piggie, Willemed out and ready to move on with my life. 2 stars, maybe 2 1/2 if I am generous. This is a reader r
Joan
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Never before has anyone managed so exuberantly to thank so many different people in one book! Piggie decides to thank everyone she knows. Gerald the elephant is worried she will forget someone very important. Of course we assume the obvious is Gerald's concern. We should know better by now to make the obvious assumption about a Mo Willems' book!

Funny and touching.
Mary Ann
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In a delightful twist, Gerald turns to Piggie and reminds her that they need to thank their readers. “We could not be ‘us’ without you,” says Gerald. Piggie joins in, adding, “You are the best!” Talk about a moment that melts my heart, each and every time I read it. Willems honors the hard work that young readers do in bringing stories to life, and he does so with joy, humor and heart.

As a teacher and a librarian, I want to thank every child who's shared their reading lives with me, every parent
Maria
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it

Cartea este de o drăgălășenie diabetică și foarte educativă. Reușește să-i învețe pe micii cititori că este frumos să mulțumești și să recunoști celor apropiați cât de importanți sunt pentru tine și că ceea ce fac ei este minunat.
O carte haioasă, scurtă și simpatică pentru cei mici!
liza (bookotter)
Shelves: children
Oh, how much I love this series <3
Its getting better & better ^_^
Kristine Hansen
In a book designed to make a child understand the important of saying 'thank you' to those around them, I hate to say I was bored. Piggie and Elephant have shown in previous books their close friendship, and in this one...I felt that effort fell a little flat. Elephant has a goal in mind that seems fairly obvious and is seemingly ignored by his friend as he acknowledges everyone except the obvious. The ending is somewhat cute and redeeming, but I feel like this wasn't the best effort by the auth ...more
orangerful
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NO! I DON'T WANT IT TO END! I will miss new adventures with Elephant and Piggie. I have never been so excited to read an easy reader title before. They always make me laugh. Willems gives them a great send-off in this adorable story, as Piggie works her way through the cast of characters who have played with the BFFs in each of their books. Gerald worries that Piggie will forget someone.

Is it weird to get choked up over a book that has less than 100 words in it?

I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING!
babyhippoface
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My mother taught me that writing thank you notes was very important, and I have tried to teach my children the same thing. This adorable Elephant and Piggies book will help young children begin to understand the importance of writing Thank You notes.most readers will figure out who Gerald is referring to before Piggies does, but that takes nothing away from the story. There is a Thank you card in the back of the book that kids can pull out and give to someone - - maybe the person who made a gift ...more
Susan
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I worry about being stoned, but the book had no real story. I have loved the Elephant and Piggie books over the years, this one seemed to be simply a way for the author to say "hey this is my last book in this series, so thanks for buying a lot".
Michele Knott
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It really was the perfect book to wrap up this amazing series, even if I get a little melancholy every time I read it.
My favorite page had the official guest star, read it to know what I'm talking about!
Niki (Daydream Reader)
A brilliant ending to a wonderful series! So sad to see the end of the Piggie and Elephant series. But I'm looking forward to what Mo Willems is up to next....I know it will be awesome!
Rogene Carter
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even the reader likes to get thanked:-)
Kim
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: male-author
When I saw that Mo Willems was ending the Elephant and Piggie series, I was pretty inconsolable for a while. I cried when I saw the title, cried when it came in the mail, and cried the entire time I was reading it with my youngest daughter. (It felt strangely appropriate that the book arrived the very week that she was graduating from kindergarten, a milestone which marks the end of our afternoons alone together.) I have loved reading these books with all my girls and I adore the illustrations a ...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
Gerald the Elephant and Piggie pay tribute to all their friends, and readers, in the last installment of their beloved series. Fans will love celebrating the end of an era with Pig and Elephant's best book yet. THE THANK YOU BOOK is the perfect way to say good bye to these two cherished characters. Fans will love seeing a cameo of each of Willem's characters in this book, as well as a special message just for readers.

The Thank you Book it's a great way to remind readers of all ages the importan
~Dani~ LazyTurtle's Books
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I (she is currently 6) found these books at the library about 2 years ago and we both fell in love with them instantly. They are humorous in a way that is enjoyable for both kids and adults with a willingness to be a little bit silly.

This series has actually been instrumental in helping my daughter learn to read as we read them so much together that she started to memorize them and now recognizes many of the words that she has memorized by sight in other books.

I am very sad that
Mark Baker
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, 2016
Piggie is thinking about all the people who have enriched her life, so she decides to thank them all. While Gerald likes the idea, he worries she will forget someone important. Will she miss anyone?

This is the final (sob!) Elephant and Piggie book from the talented Mo Willems, and it works well as a series finale. Viewing it as another in the series, it will seem a little weird, but knowing this is the final one makes it very special. There are some fun cameos, including one from Pigeon. And the
Emily
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ece-2nd
OMG. The end. Of Gerald & Piggie...

I can't. My students can't. Their parents can't (or can?)... and well...

as a librarian to children...Thank you Mo Willems. Because of you, children read. They laugh. They gasp. They comprehend. They have fluency. They use intonation in their reading. They are readers. Because you called them so...
Jenna
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Noo, it can't be over! While it wasn't as silly as the previous installments, it was fun to see all the other characters pop in again, especially the Pigeon, which will probably lead to kids wanting to reread all the other books once more to meet the flies, the ice cream cart penguin, etc.

And I was ridiculously excited to be able to hang on to one of the Thank You picture frames...
Dan
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dear Elephant & Piggie,

Thank you for inspiring so many readers to smile, laugh, and read your books again and again and again!

Sincerely,

A Reader
Carrie Gelson
This series has transformed many a little reader. It has given the gift of expression, confidence, laughter and fun. And it ends with gratitude. LOVE Elephant and Piggie!
Carter
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
thank you.
Maxwell Rae
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I think this book is more a reader rather than a picture book. Not sure if it’s worth reading the other 24 books in the series, but I’m guessing it’s popular to have such a long running series.
Goodreads Choice ...: The Thank You Book - June 2017 3 33 Jun 11, 2017 05:33PM
  • Ballet Cat The Totally Secret Secret (Ballet Cat, #1)
  • What This Story Needs Is a Pig in a Wig
  • A Pig, a Fox, and a Box
  • Penny and Her Marble
  • Don't Throw It to Mo!
  • Mother Bruce
  • Rabbit and Robot: The Sleepover
  • Wolfie the Bunny
  • Bink and Gollie: Best Friends Forever (Bink & Gollie, #3)
  • Mr. Putter  Tabby Turn the Page
  • Leo: A Ghost Story
  • Are We There Yet?
  • Strictly No Elephants
  • Carnivores
#1 New York Times Bestselling author and illustrator Mo Willems is best known for his Caldecott Honor winning picture books Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Knuffle Bunny: a cautionary tale.

In addition to such picture books as Leonardo the Terrible Monster, Edwina the Dinosaur Who Didn’t Know She Was Extinct, and Time to Pee, Mo has created the Elephant and Piggie books, a series of early r
More about Mo Willems

Elephant & Piggie (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Today I Will Fly! (Elephant & Piggie, #1)
  • My Friend is Sad (Elephant & Piggie, #2)
  • I am Invited to a Party! (Elephant & Piggie, #3)
  • There Is a Bird on Your Head! (Elephant & Piggie, #4)
  • I Love My New Toy! (Elephant & Piggie, #5)
  • I Will Surprise My Friend! (Elephant & Piggie, #6)
  • Are You Ready to Play Outside? (Elephant & Piggie, #7)
  • Watch Me Throw the Ball! (Elephant & Piggie, #8)
  • Elephants Cannot Dance! (Elephant & Piggie, #9)
  • Pigs Make Me Sneeze! (Elephant & Piggie, #10)