Start by marking “Uncanny Avengers: Unity, Volume 1: Lost Future” as Want to Read:
Uncanny Avengers: Unity, Volume 1: Lost Future

Uncanny Avengers: Unity, Volume 1: Lost Future

(Uncanny Avengers: Unity (Collected Editions) #1)

In a world filled with ever greater conflict, the Avengers' Unity Squad has a bigger job than ever! The elderly Steve Rogers has assembled a new roster aimed at promoting peace between humans, mutants...and Inhumans! Spider-Man, Rogue, the Human Torch, Quicksilver, Doctor Voodoo and the Inhuman known as Synapse all make the cut — as does Deadpool! But what role exactly ...more
Paperback, Trade, 152 pages
Published May 3rd 2016 by Marvel (first published April 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Uncanny Avengers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncanny Avengers

Start your review of Uncanny Avengers: Unity, Volume 1: Lost Future
Paul E. Morph
Apr 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, was this ever a mixed bag. The last couple of issues, with the Carlos Pacheco artwork, were really quite good. The bulk of the book, however, with the ugly early-nineties-Image style artwork was flarking atrocious.

It was bloody TIME TRAVEL bollocks again! I'm really starting to think Marvel can't plot a story that doesn't involve bloody time travel. I'm sick to the back teeth of it.

I did like the fact that Johnny Storm is FINALLY an Avenger, though. It was starting to feel like everybody
Scott
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This seemed sort of peculiar, but the main interest - at least for me - was that it was the comic book equivalent of an old rock n' roll 'supergroup' like Cream or Blind Faith. The title team is a hybrid of X-Men (Rogue) and Avengers (an elderly Captain America, Quicksilver, Dr. Voodoo) with a dash of the Fantastic Four (Human Torch), plus established solo artists (Deadpool and Spider-Man) and a new kid on the block (Synapse). With a starting line-up like that I expected the ball to be hit out ...more
Terence
May 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Steve Rogers continues to promote unity between humans and mutants. Thanks to the terrigen cloud he now has to promote unity with the Inhumans as well. Steve was fortunate enough to convince a new Inhuman to join the cause. Unfortunately the terrigen cloud doesn't simply bestow powers on the good.
description
A new Inhuman has unleashed a biological attack on the planet that's so devastating that Cable returned to the past to help save everything.
description
Meanwhile the Avengers Unity Squad is searching for the Red
Sesana
May 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superhumans, comics
Not feeling this. The characters are a weird grab bag that don't really go that well together. Johnny Storm is the only truly likeable character here. Deadpool is strangely serious and subdued, and it isn't really clear what the hell he's doing on an Avengers team in the first place, other than the popularity of the character. The stories are kind of meh. First there's a new Inhuman terrorist, meh, and then more with Red Skull and Xavier's brain, and I always hated that storyline. The one bright ...more
kristen ♡
eh the only character i really like out of this group is quicksilver. i’ve never been a huge deadpool fan but i actually found him quite interesting, yet still so annoying.

the best issues were #4 because hank pym had an appearance at the very end and #6 because of medusa. even though they have hank show up as if he’ll be a major character and he hasn’t been in any issue since.

idk, it’s okay
Travis Duke
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Standard new marvel team to take on the bad guy of the week, in this case Red Skull. I should have read this a while back considering its a bit old now but whatever. First off the team I like it with Old man Steve, Rogue, Human torch, Quicksilver, Doc Voodoo and Deadpool plus a few others. The story is still in the terrigan cloud days so everyone is pissed at the inhumans especially mutants. A new bad guy is also introduced who has a tie to the team and his name is the shredded man yet is isn't ...more
David
May 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mmmmm. Didn't really feel like an Avengers book. More X-men like. Sure do wish Marvel currently had a recognizably Avengers-y Avengers title right now. Right now, all the current Avengers titles are a bit screwy.

Not feeling a lot of love for this post-Secret Wars line up of titles. But I'll check a few out. Like the artist here Ryan Stegman. Not sure he's a right fit for Avengers either. He ought to be doing Spider-man. Great cartoonist though. Always happy to read his books. Duggan's an odd
David
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books

Arturo
Same as New Avengers... The Character development and interaction is great, the plot is forgettable, the art is passable. Subtracting one member and the addition of another was a plus.
ellis
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was exceptionally good? im glad ive been reading the right comics lately
Brian Poole
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Uncanny Avengers re-launches in the “All New, All Different Marvel” era with a revitalized creative direction.

Lost Future finds the rapidly-aged former Captain America Steve Rogers form a new Avengers Unity Squad featuring Rogue, Spider-Man, Doctor Voodoo, Quicksilver, Human Torch, new Inhuman character Synapse and, most surprisingly, Deadpool. Spider-Man objects so much to the latter addition to the team that he quits in the first issue. This newest version of The Uncanny Avengers seeks to
Anchorpete
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Cable and Captain America on the same team. That really is worth the price of admission, right there, isn't it?

I don't know what you would think about this book, but Captain America and Cable are two characters in my Marvel hero top 5. Deadpool is not. Sure, he was great in Remender's run of Uncanny x-force, and who doesn't love the Deadpool movie, but otherwise, please don't start making him the new wolverine, featuring him in every single corner of the Marvel universe.

Deadpool is just one of
Rick
Nov 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
Wow, seriously? Deadfool ... er, Deadpool? I mean how low can you scrap the bottom of the Marvel Heroes barrel? Oh, yeah, Cable - that would be lower. I mean who's next on the roster? Punisher? Wait how about the Human Top? Hold it! The Ringer! That's the ticket! I had hopes with the team if Spider-Man, the Human Torch and Doctor Voodoo were included - but Spidey took off and the Torch is being written like he's 14. Of course Deadpool acts like an eight year old, so why should I be surprised. ...more
Liz (Quirky Cat)
3 1/2 stars.

I read Uncanny Avengers: Unity Vol. 1 as single issues through the Marvel Unlimited app.

I always love seeing the new Avengers series that come out. For me it’s always been about seeing how the team has changed – because let’s be honest here, it can change A LOT. From the title of this series I knew that the changes were larger than normal. ‘Uncanny’ is a title used for the X-Men, so combing it with an Avengers title clearly indicates an Avengers/X-Men team up. Yes please!
Captain
Tundextra
Jan 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: avengers-verse
Gerry Duggan - yawn and not at all funny. Deadpool financing The Uncanny Avengers - bore off. Inhumans - yawn de yawn. Red Skull - zzzzz. Utterly recommend this is given a wide swerve. 3 out of 12 just for the audacity of having the Human Torch in an Avenger team!
Alex Sarll
A book which suffers from being at the forefront of all Marvel's dumbest recent decisions. Since Secret Wars, the Terrigen mist which creates Inhumans has also been giving mutants some ill-defined but serious illness - and right there you've already got a bit of a problem, because the universe was recreated by Reed Richards and son, so on top of him bringing back to life all the villains (including those Frank Castle righteously slew before the end) he's apparently introduced a whole new plague. ...more
Jon
Aug 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lillian Francis
Okay, first off this book purposely sabotaged itself for me within the first two pages.
The cover (and the avenger line up) promised me Spider-Man, the Human Torch, and Deadpool all on the same team. But Spidey walked off the team in the first couple of pages and never returned. I'm not a happy bunny.

And what's with the wobbly arms and legs in the first few issues.
Felicia
May 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Deadpool saved this comic from being mediocre. Not quite sure I like where they are heading with the mutants and the Inhumans. Hurm.
Jenna
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read as single issues.

I'm enjoying this much more than Duggan's solo Deadpool run, but not quite as much as the All-New All-Different Avengers.
Nicole Westen
I never thought I would see Deadpool and Brother Voodoo together in a comic before now.
James
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
What a dumpster fire. Terrible writing. Decent art. This is one of those books that makes me question whether I actually like superhero comics, at all.
Alex E
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
In the first volume after Secret Wars, Duggan gives us an Uncanny Avengers book that is pretty much a basic "by the numbers" type story.

The book is ...ok. Not great, not bad, ok is the best way to describe it. While this book seemed to be strange enough to be great, I think it never really elevates to the level that it could of. Of course this just the first volume, so its possible that Duggan is still getting into his groove.

Part of the issue may be that there is no clearly defined leader or
Peter Zackowski
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of the premise. Heros from different factions working together; avengers, mutants, inhuman(singular), sorcerer, deadpool. I became a fan at about issue 18. so reading this is me catching up.
The artwork for the first 4 issues is unlikable in my opinion, but that artist, I think its Stegman, gets better in volume 2. where he begins to tone down what he normally emphasizes, sort of blocky, bulky, over exaggerated bodies, over stylized characters. The other artist on this is fantastic.
Silas
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Uncanny Avengers has been getting worse as I go on. It was a fresh idea when it started, but this really didn't make a whole lot of sense. I understand the impulse to add Inhumans to the team, given their prominence, but I think it would have been more interesting with a higher-profile character.

First off, this book looks terrible. Everyone is wrinkly and super-deformed, and it is frequently hard to follow. There is no particular explanation for the members of the team, who are rather different
C
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Continuing the great x-read of 2017/18...

Well, that was a mixed bag.

Some odd, jumbled thoughts...

The Spider-man hating Deadpool subplot was strange considering the buddy comics that have come out with them working together... In fact, Deadpool was just handled poorly. There was a freaking amazing comic featuring Cable and Deadpool together and here, they just don't work together. How is that possible?

Synapse is a worthless character so far.

The whole Terrigen mist/mpox/inhumans/whatever
Lindsay Heller
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This was better than the previous edition. I started this series because of Scarlet Witch and I'm reading this one because of Rogue. I liked the initial idea for this series (making an Avengers/X-Men team after... events) and I'm okay with it still but I do find some of the stories to be lacking. There was some solid stuff here. It's clear that a lot of this hooks into larger stories that I haven't read, and that's fine because that's the name of the game sometimes when it comes to comics. ...more
Shelley
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Steve Rogers has put together a unity squad of Avengers, XMen, Inhumans, and Deadpool. It goes about as well as you'd expect. This had some genuinely fun moments, and I really liked Synapse, but I'm pretty over Red Skull and Sin. And is this Hydra Cap or not?
Jon
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I must say I did appreciate that one of the first things to happen was Spider-Man quitting because he found Deadpool annoying. Other than that, it was a serviceable title, without the depth that would merit a fourth star.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Captain America: Steve Rogers, Vol. 3: Empire Building
  • Death of X
  • Captain America: Steve Rogers, Vol. 2: The Trial of Maria Hill
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Vol. 1

Uncanny Avengers: Unity (Collected Editions) (5 books)
  • Uncanny Avengers: Unity, Volume 2: The Man Who Fell to Earth