Start by marking “Uglen (Holger Munch og Mia Kruger #2)” as Want to Read:
Uglen (Holger Munch og Mia Kruger #2)

Uglen

(Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #2)

Sandefjords rikeste skipsreder ligger for døden. Han har én betingelse før eldstesønnen arver formuen: Urent blod skal ikke blandes i slekten – sønnen får ikke gifte seg med noen med barn fra før. Men hans utkårede har både en sønn på to og en datter på fire.
Barna sendes bort,og paret vies i hemmelighet, men ekteskapet blir kort, dystert og blodig. Flere år senere vender s
Published October 8th 2015 by Vigmostad & Bjørke

To ask other readers questions about Uglen, please sign up.
Liz You have to order it from the UK to get the English Version if you want it now. It is titled, "The Owl Always Hunts At Night." It's a great follow up…moreYou have to order it from the UK to get the English Version if you want it now. It is titled, "The Owl Always Hunts At Night." It's a great follow up to his first book but I have to admit I loved "I'm Travelling Alone" just a bit more. Nonetheless, another fantastic read. I love this series.(less)

Paromjit
This is dark and bleak Nordic noir set in Norway. It is the second in the Holger Munch and Mia Kruger series and the first I have read. It works reasonably well as a standalone. It begins with Tom Petterson, a botanist, discovering the dead body of a emaciated teenager. There are signs of rituals attached to the murder with the presence of a pentagon, owl feathers, candles, wig, a horse head tattoo and a flower in the mouth. Holger Munch is at his ex wife's home and reeling from the news that sh ...more
Maureen
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* Thank you to www.shotsmag.co.uk for my hardback copy for which I have given an honest & unbiased review*

Samuel Bjørk has created a dark and disturbing Nordic thriller, which ( though not fast paced or action packed ) still managed to fill the pages with a real chill factor, and a constant feeling of dread.

When a teenage girl is found dead in a forest clearing, in what appears to be a ritualistic killing, Holger Munch ( head of Oslo's homicide unit) and Detective Mia Krüger have virtually
Miriam Smith
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: twitter
"The Owl Always Hunts At Night" by Simon Bjork is the second in the Nordic Noir 'Munch/Kruger' police procedural series set in Norway and is a decent thriller and certainly worth a read.
The criminal element of the book was interesting to read and quite unique. It gathered pace towards the end and became quite compelling.
However, I did feel (in my opinion only) that too much time was spent on the two main characters emotional state of mind and this slightly detracted the story from the main plot
Irena
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I literally just finished this book and guys, it was disturbing.
Even sick in a way.
It was like watching a really good episode of Criminal Minds, but only with many more characters.

In fact, there were so many characters, that I had hard time keeping up with all of them.
I'm telling you, if this novel ever gets a movie adaptation, the number of characters will be cut in half (I mean, you have to pay all the actors, right?! ;) ).

But nevertheless, this was a great book that kept me on the edge of my
Elina
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Γρήγορη πλοκή, πρωτότυπο σενάριο και γενικά είχε ότι περιμένεις να έχει ένα αστυνομικό μυθιστόρημα για να διαβάζεται εύκολα, γρήγορα και να σου ανεβάζει λίγο την αδρεναλίνη. Στα αρνητικά του μόνο η υπερβολή κάποιων χαρακτήρων και καταστάσεων. Όμως αξίζει να διαβαστεί!!!
Roula
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
υπεροχο!! ισως καλυτερο και απο το προηγουμενο.
Susan
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vine
I really enjoyed “I’m Travelling Alone” by Samuel Bjork and was looking forward to reading the second novel featuring Holger Munch and Mia Kruger. When a botanist stumbles over a dead teenage girl in a forest clearing; posed in a pentagon, surrounded by feathers and with a white lily in her mouth, Munch is called to investigate the strange murder. This crime leads them to a local home for troubled children, where the girl was staying, and to crimes with their shadow in the past and yet links to ...more
nikolaos
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Το χαρακτηριστικό του Samuel Bjork είναι ότι δεν σε … αφήνει να … αφήσεις εύκολα τα βιβλία του από τα χέρια σου.
Έτσι ξεκινάς να διαβάσεις 10-20 σελίδες και καταλήγεις να διαβάσεις καμιά 150.
Το ίδιο ισχύει και για το πρώτο του βιβλίο Ο Παγωμένος Άγγελος
Η ιστορία και η εξέλιξη της είναι ικανοποιητική , οπότε μιλάμε για ένα αρκετά καλό βιβλίο.
Vicky Tzortzi
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Το συστήνω σε όσους διαβάζουν αστυνομικό και όχι μόνο! Σασπένς σε όλη την διάρκεια του. Κύλαει φοβερά χωρίς να κάνει κοιλιά και χωρίς περιττές σκηνές. Μπράβο του για την πλοκή και για την ιδέα. Μακάρι να γινόταν ταινία..
Elaine
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-series
How come the titles of this series always sound so much more interesting than the mystery itself?

The Owl Always Hunts at Night brings back "formidable" investigators Munch and Kruger back together to investigate the death of a young girl from a home for troubled youth.

Her dead body is discovered posed in a ritualistic fashion and the team is further shocked when it turns out the young girl's captivity was streamed for sadistic billionaires who could afford it.

In the midst of this turmoil, Kru
Bill Lynas
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Norwegian detectives Holger Munch & Mia Kruger return for a second case in Samuel Bjork's latest thriller.
Like his previous crime story, I'm Travelling Alone, the characters are often more interesting than the investigation itself. Most of the story is well constructed, but one part of the plot is so implausibly similar to events in the previous novel that I found it very hard to suspend my disbelief. That aside, it's a very good read & I look forward to the next installment in the serie
Ingstje
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Owl Always Hunts at Night is the second novel by Norwegian author Samuel Bjork and my introduction to Holger Munch and Mia Kruger. This can be read as a standalone but there were quite a few references to Mia’s sister Sigrid who died in the first novel. Her death is something Mia still struggles to come to terms with, so maybe I did wish I read that one first even if it’s not a necessity.

I liked the two main characters, they’re both flawed and intriguing. Holger Munch is still struggling whe
Abby (Crime by the Book)
Somewhere between 3.5 - 4 stars for this read! While I didn't love it as much as Book 1 in the series (I'M TRAVELING ALONE), I still wholly enjoyed it. The case central to this story wasn't as compelling to me as the case in I'M TRAVELING ALONE - but it was awesome to be back in the world of these characters. Full review to come!
Anne-Jan
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vorig jaar was daar “ineens” Ik reis alleen van Samuel Bjork. Een droomdebuut en thriller die in korte tijd uitgroeide tot een zeer veel gelezen boek bij thrillerliefhebbers. De reacties waren voornamelijk positief en zelf vond ik het boek ook geweldig. Ik was dan ook erg blij toen het nieuws kwam dat het 2e boek eraan ging komen. Nu, één jaar later is het vervolg er, die de titel ‘De doodsvogel’ heeft gekregen.

Uiteraard zijn Holger Munch en Mia Krüger weer van de partij en mogen zij zich weer s
Mary Book-itsa
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Για μια ακόμη φορά μας ξενυχτησε
Περιμένα να είναι κατώτερο του πρωτου αλλα ήταν εξισου καλο. Ειδικα στα τελευταία κεφάλαια ένιωσα σαν να βλεπω ταινία. Για να γράψεις κατι τετοιο χρειάζεται πολλη φαντασία. Και ο Bjørk έχει μπολικη. Μου αρέσει ο τρόπος που γράφει, ο τρόπος που σκέφτεται. Είναι σαν να σε κάνει να συμμετέχεις και συ στην έρευνα. Όπως είπα και στον παγωμενο αγγελο το βιβλιο εχει συνέχεια δραση και ελάχιστο μπλα μπλα. Προσωπικά ως αναγνωστρια εκτιμω πολυ αυτόν τον συνδυασμό. Οι σελίδε
Ingrid
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Luisterboek.
Wat een tegenvaller! Aldoor worden zinnen herhaald en na elke vraag die in een dialoog wordt gesteld volgt het woord "Wat?" Als er dan antwoord wordt gegeven volgt: "Hoe bedoel je?" Dit boek is daardoor een kwart langer geworden dan nodig. Het haalt de vaart er volledig uit.
1,5 sterren
Alexandra (matobookalo)
Είναι εξαιρετικό! Η ιστορία είναι πολύ καλή και η ατμόσφαιρα που καταφέρνει να δημιουργήσει είναι μοναδική. Είναι αστυνομικό με όλα τα στοιχεία του θρίλερ. Λίγα περισσότερα (και καλά) στο blog μου matobookalo:http://bit.ly/2gNcSqV
Wendy
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***Actual rating 4.5 / 5***

After reading and reviewing the truly exceptional I’m Travelling Alone waaaay back in 2015 I have eagerly awaited the return of the homicide investigative team with their very private lives and ‘tells’ that manifest themselves when things aren’t going so well.

I’m thrilled to see Holger Munch back at the helm solving cryptic puzzles for fun, thoroughly embracing his grouchy-smoker-overweight side, and still in denial about his divorce from Marianne despite all the years
Πάνος Τουρλής
Μια γυμνή έφηβη κοπέλα εντοπίζεται νεκρή με το σώμα της διπλωμένο σε περίεργη στάση, με ένα λουλούδι στο στόμα και ξαπλωμένη πάνω σε φτερά κουκουβάγιας. Ένας νέος καθ’ έξιν δολοφόνος θα απασχολήσει το γνωστό δίδυμο των ιστοριών του Σάμουελ Μπιορκ.

Έρευνες και πάλι έρευνες, ψάξιμο, σκοτεινά μυστικά γύρω από ένα πρότυπο οικοτροφείο ορφανών παιδιών, μια παλιά ιστορία που φτάνει ως την Αυστραλία και η γνωστή μαεστρία του συγγραφέα να ξεδιπλώνει την υπόθεση όπως εκείνος θέλει, αφήνοντας σε αγωνία τον
Geo Kwnstantinou
3,5***Καλό αστυνομίκο, με σασπένς ως το τέλος! Από αυτά που αρχίζεις να σκέφτεσαι "αυτός είναι ο δολοφόνος" και μετά από:50 σελίδες αλλάζεις γνώμη και τελικά αποκαλύπτεται κάποιος που δεν είχες σκεφτεί (οπότε το θεωρώ επιτυχημένο !!! )
Eva Wildeman
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-reader
Wat een goed boek weer met spanning tot het einde & goede verhaallijnen van de personages zelf.
Thanos
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Δεύτερο βιβλίο από τον Samuel Bjork, μετά το πολύ καλό «Παγωμένος άγγελος». Η Κουκουβάγια κυμαίνεται στα ίδια επίπεδα και ανεβάζει τον πήχη λίγο παραπάνω. Δεν είναι ένα κλασικό αστυνομικό βιβλίο αλλά περιέχει και στοιχεία ατμοσφαιρικού θρίλερ. Ο Bjork χτίζει μία απίστευτη ιστορία από την κιόλας πρώτη σελίδα και σταδιακά ξεδιπλώνει κάθε πτυχή της υπόθεσης και των χαρακτήρων μέχρι την εξιχνίαση της υπόθεσης και το τέλος τους βιβλίου.

Στα θετικά:
• Γρήγορη γραφή.
• Σκοτεινή, πολύ καλά χτισμένη ιστορία
Tamara
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Net zo goed als het eerste deel.
Selma Šljuka
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Paaa... Zanimljiva podloga za film. Nisam pretjerano odusevljena, ali ok za popodne za ubiti ;)
Joyce
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Doodsvogel is het tweede boek van de Noorse auteur Samuel Bjork en het vervolg op Ik reis alleen. Wederom spelen de rechercheurs Holger Munch en Mia Kruger de hoofdrol in dit boek. Holger Munch wordt van de verjaardag van zijn geliefde kleindochter Marion weggeroepen als er een lichaam van een meisje is gevonden in het bos. Zij is gevonden in een macabere setting - liggend in een krans van uilenveren en een door kaarsen gevormd pentagram als een soort van ritueel. Tegelijkertijd heeft Mia Kruger ...more
Γιώτα Βασιλείου
Τελειώνοντας το.δεύτερο βιβλίο της σειράς έχω να πω ότι ήταν αυτό ακριβώς που περίμενα: Μια αξία συνέχεια του παγωμένου αγγέλου. Με πλοκή η οποία κορυφώνεται προοδευτικά, κράτα αμείωτο το ενδιαφέρον και την αδρεναλίνη σε υψηλά επίπεδα. Δεν είναι τρομακτικό αλλά αγωνιώδες. Ανυπομονείς να δεις τι θα προκύψει στην επόμενη στροφή των "ζαριών".
Οι παλαιοί χαρακτήρες παραμένουν όπως τους είχα περιγράψει στο σχόλιό μου για τον Άγγελο. Κι εδώ πρέπει να τονίσω ότι, αντίθετα με τον Φίλιππος Α.Κ., εγώ συμπα
Willemijn
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
De Doodsvogel is het tweede deel in de serie over Holger Munch en Mia Krüger, het eerste deel was Ik Reis Alleen. In dit deel worden tienermeisjes ritueel vermoord. Ze worden zo neergelegd dat ze lijken op een uil. Dit blijkt namelijk de Doodsvogel te zijn. Mia worstelt nog steeds met zelfmoordneigingen, maar Holger is weer haar reddende engel en zet haar op de zaak. Ook Holger heeft nog steeds problemen, met zijn gezin, zijn familie. Er duikt een filmpje op van de moord en in dat filmpje komen ...more
Fátima
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Otra gran historia que me atrapa de estos dos investigadores noruegos.
No son perfectos, todo lo contrario...... son antiprotagonistas, llenos de demonios interiores y problemas, donde un final feliz es complicado.
Como en el libro de Viajo sola (el primero de esta serie), la trama te va enganchando y va dando giros inesperados. Tengo que reconocer que en esta ocasión, sin saber bien porqué y quien exactamente, más o menos iba intuyendo el desenlace, aun así me encantó!
Acabo de cerrar el libro, qu
Colin Mitchell
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, thriller
Came across this Norwegian crime thriller by chance in my local bookshop and the introduction blurb took my eye. It was the best purchase that I have made for some time.

Quite dark it has the Holgar Munch, head of the homicide team and Mia Kruger, a dysfunctional detective addicted to alcohol and pills of various kinds, as the lead character. They left me frustrated and angry a lot of the time but I was unable to out it down and had to find out what had happened to the children sent to Australia
Elke
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book-s-i-own
Wat een mega spannende thriller! Voor mijn gevoel nog beter dan de eerste. Het enige minpunt (view spoiler). Al met al wel een hele goeie thriller die zeker 4 sterren verdient!
Goodreads Librari...: Please, correct resume 3 12 Jun 08, 2018 04:27AM
  • Den nionde graven (Fabian Risk, #2)
  • Helvetesilden (Konrad Sejer, #12)
  • Brudekisten (Cato Isaksen #10)
  • Uro (Axel Steen, #1)
  • De underkända (Sebastian Bergman, #5)
  • Matar a papá
  • Third Voice (Rönning & Stilton, #2)
  • Den siste pilegrimen (Tommy Bergmann, #1)
  • Lotus blues (Martin Benner, #1)
  • Blindgang (William Wisting, #10)
  • Låt mig ta din hand
  • Afsporet
  • I stundens hetta (Sandhamn, #5)
  • Linda - som i Lindamordet
  • De ensamma
  • Blodtåke (Henning Juul #3)
  • Einvígið (Young Inspector Erlendur #1)
  • The Man in the Window
Samuel Bjørk is the pen name of Norwegian novelist, playwright and singer/songwriter Frode Sander Øien.

Bjørk’s first installment in the Mia and Munch Series, I’m Traveling Alone, is an international success story that has gained critical acclaim and captivated readers all over the world, including hitting #1 on German newspaper Der Spiegel‘s bestseller list.

Samuel Bjørk has been compared to the li

Holger Munch & Mia Kruger (3 books)
  • I'm Traveling Alone (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger, #1)
  • Gutten som elsket rådyr (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #3)