Start by marking “Monster Trucks” as Want to Read:
Monster Trucks

Monster Trucks

Ready, set, go! The monster truck race is on in this frightfully delightful picture book.  On a spooky speedway, Monster Trucks moan! Monster Trucks grumble! Monster Trucks groan!

Join Frankentruck, Zombie Truck, Gho
Published July 12th 2016 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Monster Trucks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monster Trucks

Start your review of Monster Trucks
Tj Shay
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I regret that I have but five stars to give this book. I want to give it seven. This is a super-fun, super-awesome book that will be the read-a-loud favorite of anyone who picks it up. The words are catchy and the illustrations are stellar. My only worry is that it gets pigeon-holed as a Halloween book....trust me, any day / any time is the perfect time for this book. You will love it!
Debra
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lots of fun! Reading to grandkids is the best!!
Stefanie Kline
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect book for Halloween and ANYTIME! Halloween is my favorite time of year! And I love picture books!! This beautifully illustrated story is so much fun to read. I feel this will be one of those books that causes tons of audience participation if read more than once. It has some great words that I can just hear little ones shouting... STOMP, GRUMBLE, HOWL... and fun new words to maybe learn... GUMPTION and PLUCK! Tons of arts & craft ideas could be used with this book. This book will get ...more
Rachael Terry
Sep 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Beverly
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
While waiting at the library today, I read through some children's books that my grandson was checking out. What can you say about a book that is all about monster trucks...real monster trucks since it's written with a Halloween theme. I absolutely loved the story and the great illustrations.
Sheri
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Rhyming text about Halloween and the monster trucks that come to party. All done in dark colors to show nighttime and the colorful trucks like Frankentruck. Kids will love this colorful book with few words and rhyming theme.
Kris
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute and a tiny bit creepy. A great choice for Halloween for younger kids. I loved the “monster” trucks and the VW bus who joins in the race. Great illustration. My son commented, “It looks like they really are going fast!”
Lynn  Davidson
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
These monster trucks are illustrated to look like real monsters, making them truly monster trucks. They are in a race, and joining them is a little blue bus not at all like them. She's determined to win the race. Bright and expressive illustrations make this action story fun to read.
Melanie
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gavin-reads
This is Gavin's absolute favorite book. He makes me read it two times per night *at least* and I don't mind because the story and illustrations are excellent!
Donna Mork
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute use of words, sounds, and plays on words.
Michael
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Five year old can't get enough of it.
Brittany
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Now this is a monster book for those boys and rowdy girls out there. Wonderful illustrations and a cute story to go along with it. I have to say, I was not expecting that ending. Super cute!
Neurocomp
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
nephew loves this book ...
Melanie
A silly rhyming story about "monster" trucks that are chasing a little blue bus. Kids will enjoy watching the race in action.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: halloween
I still really love this book. I like that it's easy to do sound effects for all the various voices.
Kiyoko
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We love this book! Great illustrations, fun words, a catchy rhyme. A must-read bedtime favorite!
Elizabeth S
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Good rhyme and rhythm. Plot is not bad, but not great.
JoAnn
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile, 2017, 2018
Definitely fun for Thomas.
Susan
This was a huge hit with the kindergarteners. It was great for Halloween, but you could read it at any time of the year.
Tori
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cute rhyming book with colorful pictures. An excellent candidate for storytime: few words per page, truck noises, and a fun story with a slight twist at the end.
Eliot Reads
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Frankentruck, Werewolf Truck, Zombie Truck, Ghost Truck, and Vampire Truck smash and race against each other, and a little blue bus, in this fun to read rhyming story.
Nikki
This seemed very visually repetitive to me, I had a hard time engaging with the story because each page felt the same.
Ariel
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Learned a new use of ‘pluck’ today.
Too cute. Very catchy and fun.
Elena Maddox
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Good for toddlers or pre-K.
Pamela Powell
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adorable play on words- the trucks are really monsters! Like Frankentruck! So much fun.
Librarian Elizabeth
Cute monster story with a twist ending.
Egallagher2016gmail.Com
This is one of my absolute favorite spooky books. I liked that all the monster trucks were battling a monster truck!
Peacegal
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Hanna-Barbera could have made a mint with this concept! Cool, funny, and colorful idea will get kids' attention.
Ama
This would be great for a Halloween storytime.
Angie
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Synopsis: "Readers will delight in this lively read-aloud story with a clever and surprising twist at the end—perfect for Halloween and year round!

Ready, set, go! The monster truck race is on in this frightfully delightful picture book. On a spooky speedway, Monster Trucks moan! Monster Trucks grumble! Monster Trucks groan!

Join Frankentruck, Zombie Truck, Ghost Truck, and more as they race to the finish line. But one of these trucks isn’t quite who you think."

My Review: I love supporting l/>My