Start by marking “The Bride Wore Brains: A Horror/Comedy Zombie Apocalypse Story” as Want to Read:
The Bride Wore Brains: A Horror/Comedy Zombie Apocalypse Story

Read Book

The Bride Wore Brains: A Horror/Comedy Zombie Apocalypse Story

Claire's perfect wedding takes a horrific turn when her guests start turning into zombies. It's up to her best friend, Kat and a motley crew of wisecracking misfits to save the day.

Praise for "TBWB":
"This book really did it for me. I have finally found a situation in which I love wedding details - the author has planned a wedding right down to the bouquet and pink sati
Published October 19th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Bride Wore Brains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride Wore Brains

Start your review of The Bride Wore Brains: A Horror/Comedy Zombie Apocalypse Story
Bark the Overwrought Keyboard Warrior
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
This review and the rest of the crap I write can be seen @ my blog Bark's Book Nonsense . Stop by and say hey.

The Bride Wore Brains delivers exactly what its title and cover promise. I am easily misled but this time all ended gorily-ever-after and I couldn’t be happier.

Here’s the gist: Bridezilla wants a perfect wedding and is determined to get it no matter who she ticks off. The wedding party spends some time bantering, fighting, smoking pot and ogling each other as they do th
AudioBookReviewer
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My original The Bride Wore Brains audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

I have read the print copy of this book before and it was utter brilliance in a novella so I couldn’t resist picking up the audio when I realised it existed – was it possible to improve on something that was already that good?

Yes. Yes it was.

Evan Harris keeps the pace rolling for this action-packed story of a spoilt little Bridezilla’s wedding day gone horribly awry. The author
Tracey Wiseman
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
A Quick Read

Not bad for a quick read. It's just about every zombie cliche rolled in to one story and makes one roll their eyes as reading it but not a bad way to pass a few hours.
Craig Hansen
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book, unfortunately, really tried my patience. The "zingers" were not funny, just in bad taste. Wanted to like it more. Really!
A.M.
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Evil Dead, Shaun of the Dead, REC3 fans
Emily Wesley Stringer’s self-published debut novel, The Bride Wore Brains, is a fun dark comedy with a heavy zombie element.

Kat’s best friend, Claire, is getting married. Like any good Maid of Honor, Kat is doing her best to ensure that the wedding goes smoothly and that the bride has her day. When the guest begin to turn into zombies, however, Kat finds that her work is cut out for her.

This gorefest clocks in at just 70 pages, but the length doesn’t hinder the story in a
Melanie Marsh
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Bride Wore Brains was a very pleasant surprise. The blurb itself sounded good, but I expect to enjoy it quite as much as I did. It’s a very short read, but the action starts right away and doesn’t stop.

I have read very few zombie books that include wedding situations. I like them because many women stress so much over their weddings, waiting for their “perfect day” and when the slightest thing goes awry, they lose their damn minds. Imagine having those unrealistic expectations a
Nia Ireland
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
**Thank you to the author for a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

This book really did it for me. I have finally found a situation in which I love wedding details - the author has planned a wedding right down to the bouquet and pink satin bridesmaid shoes, then trashed it all with zombies and a chainsaw. Exquisite!

The story was short and utterly compelling, I really enjoyed reading this little gem and would absolutely read any other books w
The Sweet Little
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like the fact that it takes place during a wedding. The setting and The story is engaging and pulls the reader in. As the reader I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I was excited when reading the first few pages and looked forward to reading when the actual outbreak started. I really liked the length of the book, it was short and sweet just how I like my stories and to the point. This was a good book, although it did have a few errors and formatting issues it is nothing major that ...more
Lauren
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ipad
This was much better than I had imagined. It was a fun take, lots of awesome details.
wayne t laundry
Nicola
Oct 20, 2017
Jessica H
Dec 31, 2018

• Pirates Don't Go to Kindergarten!
  • A Tiger Like Me
  • Resurrection: A Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Thriller (Arize Book 1)
  • Wylding Hall