Start by marking “The Anti-Inflammatory Diet & Action Plans: 4-Week Meal Plans to Heal the Immune System and Restore Overall Health” as Want to Read:

“Following an anti inflammatory diet has been a game-changer for me—and the elimination of gluten and dairy has been especially transformative. I’m able to manage and control my symptoms by what I choose to eat and I’m eternally grateful for that choice.”
—Sondi Bruner, holistic nutritionist and co-author, The Anti Inflammatory Diet & Action Plans

So much in life is beyond o

Published October 21st 2015 by Sonoma Press

To ask other readers questions about The Anti-Inflammatory Diet & Action Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Anti-Inflammatory Diet & Action Plans

Start your review of The Anti-Inflammatory Diet & Action Plans: 4-Week Meal Plans to Heal the Immune System and Restore Overall Health
K. Elizabeth
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great recipes and weekly plans! My only complaint, really, is that some of the "recipes" were so simple that I already knew how to make them. Other than that, I can't wait to try all the recipe plans!
Iscribbler
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I tired a few of these recipes and they were delicious! I needed a book that matched my husband's Omega ratio diet and this worked really well. I got a lot of ideas for meals and the recipes are clear. There could be a lot more photos, but overall it's a good book for planning.
Beth
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Great information on what to eat and not eat if you suspect you are suffering from inflammation. I learned a lot from this book. I really would like to do the 4 week time saving detox plan but after listing all the items I would need, it looked to be an investment that I was not prepared for. Some of the items are not as easily obtained as the author claims. Maybe in a town with a Whole Foods or the like but not in more rural areas. I'm already gluten-free and my pantry is full of GF foods, I di ...more
Jessica Boling
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been dealing with inflammation and the pain associated with it for awhile now. I do not like to take daily medications but natural remedies do not work consistently for me. I was excited to read this book and live it out. I hadn't thought of changing my diet before.
This book takes you step by step on a complete diet overhaul and the reasons why it works. There are four different diets to choose from, in case one doesn't sound appealing.
The recipes are fantastic. They are easy to follow an
Charli Mills
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This is not a book to linger on the shelf -- we use it weekly. In our household, several family members have different food allergies and sensitivities. A few of us have health issues that could benefit from an anti-inflammatory diet. If you've ever had to face a lifetime of avoidance (such as having a nut or egg allergy, or an autoimmune disease that warrants avoiding gluten or dairy), then you know how difficult it can be. This book gives you action plans and recipes with options to fit your p ...more
Terri
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Two stars because nothing but smoothies for breakfast is dumb unless I had no teeth.
Samara
Sep 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Good book with good ideas but not overly helpful for me. I saw this book for free and accepted it. My daughter was diagnosed with IBS, a lot of these recipes use spices she cannot have nor should anyone with IBS have. I want her to be able to eat good food that isn't too bland, there were not that many in this book.
Kerry
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: food-and-drink
No new information for anyone who already understands eating for anti-inflammatory effects. Daily menus are for people who are not active at all. A smoothie for breakfast and soup for lunch, followed by a meager dinner may be sufficient most days if you don't also exercise, which is an important aspect of following an anti-inflammatory lifestyle.
Ricardo Warner
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
A cookbook

I thought the book would delve into the explanation of why certain food causes inflammation, why we should avoid them and how our body reacts. The book turned out to be a cookbook covering four lifestyles, vegan, paleo, Mediterranean, and time conscious.
Adrienna
Sondi's story was intriguing and ignoring the symptoms like many of us do. She was only 23 when she had gastro-related issues. I was around 18-20 when I discovered I had GERD, and never was willing to change my diet. I spoke about it in my later 20s and 30s but still did not become a vegetarian, or even a pescetarian (eat seafood and fish but in the vegetarian family) to now in my early 40s willing to eat a vegan-strict diet. Sondi has managed to follow an anti-inflammatory diet and manage or co ...more
May 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This is not a worthwhile book to have. I have to admit, I largely checked out when the authors described GMOs as "serious heath risks" (28). Science is bad! Looking ahead, the authors offer four different action plans. There is a very short discussion on the differences between the plans (vegan, Paleo, Mediterranean, and "time-saving") but each type of plan gets less than 2 full pages-- certainly not nearly enough information for anyone to make an informed decision. Neither of the authors are do ...more
Josianne Fitzgerald
The recipes look good, and she gets right to the point instead of blathering on and on about her own autoimmune history. I appreciate that. The photos are beautiful, and make you wish there was a photo for each recipe. She gives substitution and cooking tips that are helpful, but sometimes repetitive. I also appreciate the cooking notes for each recipe; they are focused on being useful and are not personal anecdotes.

Two little things: The first is the unfortunate choice of italicizing the prepo
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Anti-Inflammatory Diet

I purchased this book for my daughter who has been struggling with chronic migraine disease, occipital neuralgia and celiac disease. I found it so informative and easy to follow that I got it for myself! I love the 4 action plans that are laid out in the book. I am a vegan and it was wonderful to see that option listed as an action plan. This an excellent book to help you get control of your health through diet.
Donna
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, health
I was hoping for more from this book. Not that it was a bad book, it just wasn't as in-depth as I wanted. The section in the front about what foods to eat or to avoid is short leaving the majority of the book for recipes and meal plans. I can't use the recipes because I do the Ketogenic diet so I'll pass this book on to someone else how can use it. It is a nice looking book and the recipes looks good. There are several smoothie recipes that I would try if I wasn't doing Keto.
Amanda
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Talk about a book that gets me excited to eat healthier in a simple, spelled out manner! I love this book and can imagine how good some of these recipes will be on my taste buds and for my body.

I’m most excited about the variety of meal plans and the plans themselves, that takes 50% of the burden of altering our meal regimen right there. If this book built up hype and doesn’t live up to it, I’ll be sure to change this review. If not, I’m keeping it 4 stars.
Correen
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it

Good book but suffers from a malady common in this genre. The menus make little sense in application. The common problem is that the authors do not consider the number of different communities required over a period of a few days. In order to plan one has to completely rearrange the menus or give up and consider them mild suggestions but not meant to be used sequentially, despite the heading.
Agnes
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Must read!

This book is very informative. I like the simple recipes. I enjoyed reading it. It gave me enough information about inflammation without making me feel overwhelmed. The choices of meals I can prepare seems doable.
Jill Gurney
Dec 01, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookery, own
(2015) Published in California. List of ingredients that avoid increasing inflammation useful - recipes more questionable. Interesting in view of Bullmore's theory that some depression caused by chronic inflammation. Gives vegan, mediterranean and time saving recipes (also paleo).
Glenice Heap
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everyone can learn so much from this simple books about clean food and better habits.
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-completed
I liked it and would like to purchase in the future.
Paulette
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent book that explains the PALEO way of eating. Good recipes too.
Kirstie Patch
Some useful information but mostly a cookbook
Shannon Dadlez
Very general.....
Heather
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just wanted to learn a bit more about anti-inflammatory diets as I came across the phrase a lot in my keto research. Lots of recipes to try in this one -- most found on Pinterest -- bonus!
Debbie
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook, non-fiction
With new focus of medical attention on abnormal inflammation in the body, some scientists are beginning to sketch a connection to chronic degenerative diseases and other classic age-related diseases like cancer. Much has been researched and written on how diet influences inflammation in the body. There are foods that promote inflammation - like sugar, dairy, refined grains, grain-fed meat, etc., and anti-inflammatory foods - like vegetables, fruits, nuts, wild-caught fish, dark chocolate, quinoa ...more
Callie James
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Easy to understand. Briefly covers inflammatory diseases. Essential information regarding what foods affect inflammation. Great variety of 4-week meal plans for anyone. I'm trying the vegan and love the recipes so far. I even enjoyed their Brussels sprout slaw and I don't care for Brussels sprouts at all. Highly recommend. I'm already noticing a difference.
John'alee
My second time reading this book. And although I love the informative information at the front of the book, as to what one should eat and what one should limit in their diet as far as an anti- inflammatory diet, I was disappointed that several of the recipes have the foods that cause inflammation in them. Thus, my changing of my star reading from a 5 to a 3 star read.
Nancie Lafferty
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good eats

Information on cutting down on foods that may promote inflammation in your body. Lovely recipes with lots of fresh ideas on combining things a little differently. Nice weekly plans.
Megan
Nov 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: food, health
A good assortment of interesting and simple recipes! I'm excited to try some of them that fit the AIP diet specifically (not all of them do).
Rayleen
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this cookbook. I use it over & over. It's full of healthy meals with flexibility to fit your healthy any of eating. ...more

• The Anti-Inflammatory Diet Slow Cooker Cookbook: Prep-and-Go Recipes for Long-Term Healing
  • The Immune System Recovery Plan: A Doctor's 4-Step Program to Treat Autoimmune Disease
  • 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!
  • Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-Free Recipes That Rock
  • The Easy Anti Inflammatory Diet: Fast and Simple Recipes for the 15 Best Anti-Inflammatory Foods
  • Green Smoothie Recipes to Kickstart Your Health and Healing: Based on the Best Selling Book Goodbye Lupus
  • Forks Over Knives—The Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes for Plant-Based Eating All Through the Year
  • Praying the Rosary Like Never Before: Encounter the Wonder of Heaven and Earth
  • The Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan: A 3-Week Kickstart Guide to Eat & Live Your Best
  • The Anti-Inflammatory Diet One-Pot Cookbook: 100 Easy All-in-One Meals
  • The Constitution of the United States with Index and The Declaration of Independence
  • The Alzheimer's Solution: A Breakthrough Program to Prevent and Reverse the Symptoms of Cognitive Decline at Every Age
  • Medical Medium Celery Juice: The Most Powerful Medicine of Our Time Healing Millions Worldwide
  • Medical Medium Life-Changing Foods: Save Yourself and the Ones You Love with the Hidden Healing Powers of Fruits  Vegetables
  • Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook: Over 500 Delicious Recipes for the Healthy Cook's Kitchen
  • Vegan Recipes in 30 Minutes: A Vegan Cookbook with 106 Quick & Easy Recipes