Start by marking “Wonder Woman at Super Hero High” as Want to Read:
Wonder Woman at Super Hero High

Wonder Woman at Super Hero High

(DC Super Hero Girls #1)

Get your cape on with the DC Super Hero Girls™—the unprecedented new Super Hero universe especially for girls! Readers of all ages can fly high with the all-new adventures of Wonder Woman™, Supergirl™, Batgirl™, and some of the world’s most iconic female super heroes as high schoolers!

Wonder Woman isn’t like most high school students—but Super Hero High isn’t like most hig
Published March 1st 2016 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Wonder Woman at Super Hero High, please sign up.
Jenny Prose This is a regular novel with no pictures but full pages of text.
The text is larger than normal font but it's appropriate for the age group.

Billie
May 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Writing a Middle Grade novel featuring high school-age protagonists can be challenging. I get it. But it's possible to keep language and content at a Middle Reader level, but still have your characters behave like high schoolers, rather than grade schoolers. Unfortunately, this book failed to do so. And, um, how difficult would it be for the students at Super Hero High to go by their mundane names, rather than strictly by their super hero names? I doubt Hippolyta called her daughter "Wonder Woma ...more
nova ryder ♥
Sep 13, 2018 marked it as maybe-later
I’m putting this on the back burner for now. I know this is a Children’s book and children are not always the cleanest but... the copy I got from the library has food stains in it and smells like... i don’t even know. Not good. But it’s distracting and I’m a germaphobe 🤷🏼♀

///

Did I just check this out from the library? Yes, yes I did. Don’t underestimate my love for all things Wonder Woman :P
Ivy
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Mittlerweile hat es mit Sicherheit jeder mit bekommen, dass ich Superhelden LIEBE und dass ich Wonder Woman tatsächlich als meine Superhelden Queen bezeichnen würde. Diana ist mein absoluter Liebling und momentan inhaliere ich einfach alles, was ich in die Finger bekommen kann, seien es nun Filme, Comics oder Bücher. Als ich dann zufällig gesehen habe, dass es eine Middle Grade Buchreihe zu den weiblichen DC Superheldinnen gibt über ihre Zeit als Jugendliche an der Super Hero High war ich Feuer ...more
Stacy Fetters
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
[image error]
Wonder Woman is chosen to go to the supreme school of super heroes. And we are in for a ride when she has to bunk with our beloved Harley Quinn.
Going to a new school isn't always easy. You'll always have a few people who are jealous and want to destroy you.
Wonder Woman is all about lifting spirits and being there for everyone.
Super cute start to a series that is going places.
eahbooklover
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was very well written, entertaining and funny. A great insight into the DC Superhero Girls world with many enjoyable references to DC comics and the show! Can't wait for the next!
Jasmine
Clunky writing, but the emotional arc— Wonder Woman learning what it means to lead and excellent— is ON POINT.
Brooke Banks
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than I'd thought it would be

I've watched this show with my daughter. She's a hug fan so of course I had to get the book series for her.

Shes and advanced reader but gets bored and its hard to get her to read beyond homework. She flew through this book though!

I read it with her and am surprised how much I enjoyed it. I think it's better than the TV show. Fuller characterization and background to make it feel realer.

It also has good modern talking points parents will appreciate like copin
Barbara Voulgari
A nice light read,with some of my favorite superheroes in it.It is middle-grade material so I didn't expect a masterpiece.

The boggest thing that bothered ne thpugh,was how nobody thought to use their actual names.'Wondy' for example made me cringe.And I doubt queen Hippolyta called her daughter Wonder Woman.

If you ignore that,it's easier to notice the arc Diana has throughout the book,and how she starts to make herself a hero not with her superpowers but with her actions.
Jamie Coudeville
Man, I hate how little reading time I have lately.

Anyway, I think my expectations might have been a bit too YA rather than MG. I struggled with this book at first but in the end, I did end up enjoying it. One thing that did bother me was that Wonder Woman doesn't seem to have a non-superhero name. Neither did many of the other characters even though the distinction between real names and superhero names is mentioned. I just can't stand the name Wondy, when Diana is so much better.

Anyway, I sti
Aeicha
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super Hero High is home to the world’s best young, future Super Heroes (and even some Super Villains!) and its newest student is none other than young Wonder Woman! Wonder Woman can easily save the day, but surviving high school proves to be her hardest challenge yet. Mean girls, cute boys, fashion disasters, and people to save...Wonder Woman learns to face them all!

Wonder Woman At Super Hero High is the first book in the new DC Super Hero Girls series by Lisa Yee, which focuses on all our favor
Michelle
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016

How could I say no to a story about superheroes in high school? This story follows Wonder Woman as a young teen getting off the island, away from her Amazon family, and coming to the real world to learn how to be an amazing superhero. This book has the best lovable characters, ever the characters you know who will eventually become villains are just adorable (my favorite Harley Quinn). Someone is out to get Wonder Woman, with the help of her friends, she tries to find who wants to make her leav

Josh Newhouse
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 16mar
Solid strong debut for DC's new series focusing on the strong female heroes and villains in high school! I would have liked to see a more surprising twist in end and more time on the competition. I also would have liked on my kids behalf to at least have chapter illustrations or perhaps more...

But clearly it is a work of heroic love and there are lots of Easter eggs for fans and drama for lovers of it! Can't wait for Kara's tale!
L.
Nečekala jsem, že se mi to bude tak líbit. Milý a dobře napsaný příběh.
Yanisa
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Klappentext

Wonder Woman ist eine Prinzessin und Amazonen-Kriegerin. Doch an der Super Hero High kämpft sie nicht gegen fiese Superbösewichte, sondern vor allem mit neuen Trainingsmethoden, neuen Freundinnen (und Feindinnen) – und sie muss lernen, mit einigen peinlichen Niederlagen fertigzuwerden.

Meinung
Die Gestaltung des Covers und die Innengestaltung des Buches finde ich sehr schön.

Es fängt damit an, dass Wonder Woman auf die Super Hero High gehen darf und dort viele neue Leute bzw. Superhelden
Izza
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, middlegrade
2.5 stars | The book wasn't bad in itself. The plot was entertaining, fast-paced and age appropriate (it's a middle grade novel), but what I have issues with are the characters. They are supposed to be high schoolers, but they read a lot more younger than that. I also find it quite annoying that they never ONCE called each other by their actual names. I don't know if I'm the only one, but Wonder Woman came across as stupid instead of what I assume the author wanted to be funny... But yay for a s ...more
Johanna
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has a good plot and well developped and lovable characters. Wonder Woman is that girl who's so perfect she should come across as obnoxious, but you can't help but love her because there isn't a single ounce of malevolence or pride in her. The awkward situation her cluelessness about the outside world puts her into are hilarious, but she will also be greatly relatable to gifted / high-potential children who made the delight of their parents and teachers but struggled with a crucial lack ...more
Brenda Ayala
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-con-2017
It’s a cute story about how to be friends and be a good person. The writing style and simplicity of the characters definitely shows that it’s meant for a younger audience despite everyone being in high school though.
Christina
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Wanted to love it, but felt very silly. Why use their super names all the time? Why make Wonder Woman dumb?
Jo
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Es para niños y Harley,Poison Ivy & Cheetah aún no son villanas lo que le quita diversión :(
Jill Jemmett
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a great book for young fans of DC Comics!

This is the first book in the DC Super Hero Girls middle grade series. It introduces Wonder Woman, who has just been selected to attend Super Hero High. I loved her! She’s a unique character. She takes everything that people say literally. When they tell her to take a seat, she actually picks up a chair.

This story also featured other DC Comics favourite characters, such as Lois Lane, Barbara Gordon, and, my personal favourite, Harley Quinn.

I reall
Carina Olsen
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was pretty excited about reading this one, when the publisher contacted me about it, because I thought it looked pretty cute. Plus I had never read or seen anything about Wonder Woman before. Ack. I was hoping to adore this book. Sadly, that did not happen. Which is upsetting me a bit. I have so many thoughts.

I must admit that my review of this book will not end up being all that positive. Because, sadly, I did not like this one much. And there were a lot of reasons for why, and I need to shar
Mehsi
I heard about this series through Twitter and I knew I just had to check it out. And boy, I am glad I did. There were some bumps in the road that weren't fun, but most of this book was fantastic.

This book is all about Wonder Woman who decides to leave her home island and go to Super Hero High to learn all about being a superhero. Which she already is, but she wants to learn new things, make friends, and much much more. She wants to become better. She is really driven to proof to her parents, but
Paige Bradish
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received Wonder Woman at Super Hero High from the publisher and this is my honest review.

When asked to review this cute little DC SuperHero Girls series I said yes immediately for a few different reasons. My boyfriend is a huge fan of Super Heroes and I thought it would be cute to read these and start learning about these things to keep up with him. I have seen this series at work before and it just looks so cute.

The first book in this series is about Wonder Woman learning of Super Hero High a
Ms. Yingling
Feb 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Copy received from publisher

From her comfortable home on Paradise Island, Wonder Woman longs to attend the prestigious Super Hero High, especially after she sees the recruitment video. Despite her mother Hippolyta's objections, Wonder Woman heads off to her new school, delighted that she will be able to bring good to the wider world. She meets a wide array of super heroes as well as future super villains. She has to take classes in flying, using weapons, and fashion design, the latter with the
Michelle
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
this is cute ^^ glad i got it for my daughter to read.
Tereza Eliášová
A šlus!
Sarah Miller
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, amelia, childrens
Really cute, easy-to-read kids book. Love the perspective and introduction of girl superheros for my girls.
Alex McCarron
The characters are adorable, but the plot is pretty dry and paint-by-numbers.
Christine Christl
Seiten: 256 Seiten ∞ Hardcover
Preis: D ∞ 3,99€
Genre: Fantasy ∞ Abenteuer ∞ Kinderbuch
Reihe: Ja

Power für die Super Hero Girls: Großes Gemeinschaftsprojekt von Warner Brothers Entertainment, DC Comics, Mattel, Lego und Random HouseMädels aufgepasst: Superheldinnen im Anflug!Willkommen in der Super Hero High School: Hier kommt Superlesespaß für Mädchen!Alle Mädels lieben Superhero Girls!

Wonder Woman ist eine Prinz
Eva Hechenberger
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
Hier haben wir Teil eins der „Super Hero High“ Reihe, leider habe ich mit Teil zwei angefangen und diesen vor kurzem zuerst gelesen. Es war aber kein Problem, denn jeder Teil ist einem anderen Superhelden gewidmet und in diesem hier geht es um Wonder Woman.
Von Wonder Woman habe ich bisher sehr wenig gelesen, daher war ich doch etwas neugierig, sie kennen zu lernen. Sie ist auf einer Insel aufgewachsen und verspürt den Wunsch auf diese spezielle Schule zu gehen, denn sie verspricht sich hier mehr
  • DC Super Hero Girls Vol 4: Past Times at Super Hero High
  • Fort Solitude (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #2)
  • Rocket and Groot: Stranded on Planet Strip Mall!
  • Double Down (Lois Lane, #2)
  • Alabaster Shadows (Alabaster Shadows, #1)
  • The Great Powers Outage (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #3)
  • Burning Magic (Shadow Magic, #3)
  • Of Mice and Magic (Hamster Princess, #2)
  • The Eternal Tomb (Oliver Nocturne, #5)
  • Minion (Sidekicked, #2)
  • How to Outrun a Crocodile When Your Shoes Are Untied (My Life Is a Zoo, #1)
  • Ash Mistry and the City of Death (Ash Mistry Chronicles, #2)
  • The Adventures of Beanboy (Beanboy #1)
  • Firefighter Duckies
  • Sal and Gabi Break the Universe
  • Black Panther: The Young Prince
  • The Princess in Black Takes a Vacation (The Princess in Black #4)
  • Fergus and Zeke
Lisa Yee was born and raised near Los Angeles. As a kid, she loved reading, opening brand new boxes of cereal (to get the prize), and riding the teacups at Disneyland.

Lisa attended Brightwood Elementary School in Monterey Park, California where she once won an award for best decorated cake. However, Lisa cut the ribbon in half because her friend Linda had also worked on the cake, and they had agre

DC Super Hero Girls (6 books)
  • Supergirl at Super Hero High
  • Batgirl at Super Hero High
  • Katana at Super Hero High
  • Harley Quinn at Super Hero High
  • Bumblebee at Super Hero High
“When at last the time came for Wonder Woman's costume unveiling, the room was abuzz. Literally. Bumblebee's costume had malfunctioned again, sending electrical stings all around the classroom, which heightened the excitement.” 1 likes
“Your hair doesn’t look half bad today,” Star Sapphire said to Wonder Woman.” 0 likes