Start by marking “Rampage (The Singular Menace, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rampage (The Singular Menace, #3)

Rampage

(The Singular Menace #3)

John Sandford and Michele Cook complete their New York Times bestselling thriller series in this explosive finale. Fans of James Dashner, Harlan Coben, and Suzanne Collins will love this nail-biting trilogy.

Shay Remby and her band of renegade activists have got the corrupt Singular Corporation on the run. Their expose is finally working. Or is it?

Even as revelations
Published July 12th 2016 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

Eric
Rampage is a fun and exciting finale to the Singular Menace trilogy. This last installment has a little of a Tom Clancy feel to it if you can fathom Tom Clancy writing a Young Adult story. Shay Remby never utters, "next time Shay, write a goddamn memo..." Tara Sands narrates the audio book I listened to and does a another great job with this book too. Although I didn't get the opportunity, the best way to enjoy this book is with a big bowl of buttered popcorn and your favorite drink.

The story pi
Albert Riehle
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Excellent series. Highly recommended.

What? You need more than that? Okay, fine...

I want to start, once again, by praising Sandford and Cook for their respect of the reader. We read so many books and with these series being a year apart, in terms of release, those of us who read them can all use a quick recap at the start of each installment as to where things are and how they got there. The problem is that so many unskilled writers either choose not to do this at all, or basical
Ed
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
#3 in The Singular Menace trilogy. Finale in a fast moving trilogy about a band of (mostly) teen-agers out to bring down the Singular Corporation. They got involved when Odin, an animal rights activist, was captured in a raid on one of their facilities. That got his sister Shay involved and in rescuing Odin, it was revealed that in addition there were human subjects as well as animals being experimented on. Non-stop action and even with the help of some unlikely allies, it's tough to believe tha ...more
Bogis
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A satisfying finale to a great trilogy. Ever since the last book, I've been waiting to see how the story would close. I gotta say, it was good. I don't know what the plan is for Shay after this one, but I am excited to see more of her story.
Wendy
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, scify-thriller
“Rampage” the third book in the thrilling series “The Singular Menace” begins after Fenfang is killed and the freighter with its imprisoned human experiments rams a bridge exposing the corruption of the Singular Corporation with all the media sensationalism. But with the human experiments locked away in a hospital, and Singular’s employees working hard to hide corporate records and strip any incriminating information from their computers Singular’s CEO and legal Council are killed.

But Shay, ex-S
Timothy R.
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This final book in the Singular Menace brings every plot thread created throughout the series to a satisfying conclusion. This, while maintaining that same fast paced action and quick dialogue that was introduced in the first book. If anything, the writing improved throughout the series. So did the plot. This is probably because each book remains very true to the hero’s journey, introducing us to Shay’s stasis at the beginning of the book series and bringing us to a truly changed Shay in the ver ...more
Leila
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm leaving my review for the full series here. This series is not underrated so much as it isn't well-known enough. If you are looking for a teen espionage series that reads like an adult series, this is the series for you. It's pretty well-written, technical, and has enough action to blend strategy and adrenaline properly. It may be a tad far-fetched, but is close to believable, which says something about the effectiveness of the author's plot and research. I would recommend it heartily for an ...more
Loy
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ok I enjoyed this final book in the trilogy. I was glad to see there may be more about Shay. But if not we know she is continuing her life.

I thought the first book and the one was better than then middle one

But all three were worth a read.
Dav
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

Rampage: The Singular Menace, Book 3

•by John Sandford & Michele Cook

OVERVIEW: Shay Remby and her band of renegade activists (Twist, a wealthy artist and owner of a teen shelter; Harmon, former military and Singular's ex intelligence chief; Odin her hacker/genius brother; Cruz her beau; Cade, the groups invaluable computer specialist; X the Singular enhanced dog and various others) have got the corrupt Singular Corporation on the run. Their expos' is finally working. Or is it?

Even as revela
Keith Bates
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Rampage,” the third book in the series The Singular Menace created by John Sandford and Michele Cook, was an excellent finale to the series. I selected this book because I was already hooked on the series after reading the first two books, and I was excited to see how the series would end. It also got my attention because after reading “Rules of Prey” by John Sandford, I wanted to read more of his books. The suspenseful scenes made this book shine above others for me. The suspenseful scenes wer ...more
Donna Siebold
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
The horrors of the human experimentation at Singular have been exposed. Their CEO is trying to do damage control when his plane explodes killing all onboard. Will this end the reign of terror sponsored by Singular? Probably not, because the money behind the throne, the people who are desperate to either live forever or live free of a debilitating disease, are still out there, still determined to have what they want.

Thankfully Shay and her friends will not rest until this plan is thwarted. This s
Julie
Jun 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sooooo disappointed. Sandford gives Cruz and Shay sexual appetites like callous, casual sex-ers rather than teenagers--especially Shay, a sixteen year old from the Midwest. Cruz tells her, "Now that we're home, it'd be nice to spend some time with you. In my room. Alone." How romantic. Never mind the fact that they've been on missions for several weeks and hardly know each other , much less had time to have in depth conversations. Never mind that Cruz has already punched an older woman (yes, a d ...more
Kate Kulig
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m a big fan of the Prey novels, though Im not familiar with Cook, and this looked like a fun series. I loved it. The characters were well fleshed-out, complex, and believable. This book was a great way to end the series.

It starts right where the cliffhanger of Outrage left off and pucks up from there. Certain parts were downright fright and something I loved was that Shay and her crew did not escape consequences of their actions.

The action is intense. What’s amazing about this series is while
Patti
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
My rating for the books in the series went down with each book. I struggled to finish this third one. The author was very detailed, almost too much at times, about the action in the book but the characters remained flat to me throughout the series. I kept thinking we would get more development of them- occasional little nuggets about them that were never fleshed out. And I know this was not a romance novel but so little was made about the possible love triangle and then romance that I wonder why ...more
Sandy Schmidt
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All because some billionaires do not want to die! The conspiracy to use human subjects in illegal experiments with the North Koreans is now found to involve people in the highest levels of our government and includes a plot to assassinate the President. Also seemingly ripped from today's headlines, a number of subjects who have been turned into zombies by the neurological studies done of them are rescued; although most can no longer function and will not survive the experimentation. An exciting ...more
P.M.
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the final installment of a totally implausible plot line. Despite that comment, I loved the series due to the characters. Shay, Odin, Cruz, Cade, Twist, and X were truly memorable. The end was satisfying as the bad guys' plans were all blown up (so were the bad guys). The only thing I missed was some closure on Cade and Cruz. I'm glad I delayed reading the first one until the other two had been published. One last thought - if hackers can really do all the things that Cade did to track p ...more
Brenda
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book changed my thinking in more ways than one. I've never been a Sci-fi type of reader, but this was John Sandford so, I'm reading it. This is the final book in the three part series. Read in order, read them all and don't wait. Besides being a fan of his Davenport and Flowers characters, I have now become his Sci-fi fan as well. Go figure. His writing kept me motivated to continue reading from start to finish without putting it down. I read all three in less than two days I couldn't wait ...more
Reid Ginoza
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Like others, I enjoyed the first two books in the series a lot. The psychological drama seemed equal to the physical action, in a good way. This third book, though, seemed just a wrapping up of the story without the same excitement. Nothing was so surprising in this book that I worried over it, the way I did with the previous two books. The trilogy was a good read, but I don't think I'll read it again.
T
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third in this young adult series, the mission to take down the Singular company continues.

Harmon, Twist, Odin, Shay, Cade, Cruz and X continue to hunt down the key players of the company that has taken to experimenting on humans in an effort to achieve bionic bodies and immortality. Singular is crumbling, but not going down easy and the fierce troop cross the country trying to expose them and put an end to their madness.

Murder, blood, plots, guns, surveillance, rescues ensue....

Deborah
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an alarming good series. I've struggled with the medical research concept. I have no problems with volunteers in research. This novel, however took the concept to a distressing level. Just imagine being a forced guinea pig for corporate profit or the benefit or cure for the wealthy. Unconscionable! What is particularly distressing is these practices may be conducted somewhere in the world. This was a thought provoking novel.
Eileen
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was the final to the Singular Menace series. And a good ending, but with a hint that redheaded Shay and Harmon will be back. A very good read, but try to get all the books and read in order. Books and plots seem to melt together in my mind. I had to check the previous books to remind who was who.
Tonya Ellis
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I realize this is a YA book but I found the first two in the series to be interesting. This edition, however, annoyed me. It seemed to be less about the characters and more about ending the farfetched storyline that had evolved. This was more clichéd than the previous efforts by this partnership of authors.
Cathy
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heard this on CD. An exciting conclusion to the trilogy. The final book in the series filled in new readers well, but of course it made more sense if you had read the previous two books. The story clipped along at a fast pace and completely held my interest. It was a good ending to the series. Definitely recommend, but recommend the whole series, in order.
TheObsessiveCupcake
Imagine the thrill you get from watching a fantastic action movie. Now imagine having that same feeling while you read this book. It was so exciting, and I could not put this book down. And if John Sandford and Michele Cook ever wanted to publish a book that followed the characters after this book, I would 100% read that one. So now go and read.
Abbey Pignatari
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
This series overall was decent. I listened to all three books on audiobook. The first two (rated with three starts), though well constructed overall, felt a bit young for my typical reading tastes. As the plot got more intense in book three, my interest peaked. The storyline was unique, and it made this series enjoyable and engaging.
Debbie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an okay read, maybe more than okay

It is definitely a book for young people, but it is well written which is a relief now days. It was engaging and keeps you hooked until the end and the beginning of . . .
Ron
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
OK, I started reading book 2 and it moved rather slowly. But sticking to it by wanting to get to the end, I realized that OH NO, I would have to read another book to find out how it ended for Shay Remby.
The 3rd book had a lot more action and intrigue that made it an enjoyable read.
Charles Brill
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this series. Okay, its young adult and I am anything but - it worked for me. I might not have read it as critically because of that yet I enjoyed it so much I didn't care. Compelling memorable cast of characters, fast paced, and fantastic.
Ginny
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Probably the best of the 3 part series, although the ending leaves open the possibility of a spin-off series. The conclusion of the battle against Singular is somewhat realistic. And it was a decent read. Glad the series is over though not Sanford's best effort.
Julie Tuttle
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Singular Menace series is AWESOME

This series, The Singular Menace, grabs you at the beginning and doesn't let go. Kudos to both authors for these fascinating characters, and their war with Singular. Would be interested in seeing more about Shay and her group of friends. Wow!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Empress File (Kidd & LuEllen, #2)
  • Esau
  • Airport - Code Red
  • Defender
  • Slan Hunter (Slan, #2)
  • The Bellini Madonna
  • Storm (Swipe #3)
  • Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)
  • Wake Up Dead (Cape Town #2)
  • Domino Falls (Devil's Wake, #2)
  • Salvation Row (John Milton #6)
  • The Traveler (Event Group Thriller #11)
  • Transcendence (Aurora Rising, #3)
  • The Pallbearers (Shane Scully, #9)
  • Triggers
  • Shelter / Seconds Away / Found (Mickey Bolitar Series: Books 1-3)
  • Sundial
  • The Seventh Element (Voyagers #6)